Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:53:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need bitcoin to be $690 to break even.....will I make it?  (Read 26192 times)
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:34:08 PM

No.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:55:28 PM

now this bitlicense crap really put some bad pressure on bitcoin, but dont worry its only temporary.

Venezuela,colombia,uruguay,nicaragua,nigeria,thailand,philipines,mexico and many other places are booming in bitcoin services and will be ground 0 for bitcoin.

I think NY is overrated, as wallstreet is not that imporant anymore as once was.

Exactly, BitLicense plus this XT fork and block size debate have really put some pressure on the price. So the sliding down isn't that unexpected. As soon as one of these problems get solved, or forgotten (like NY BitLicense crap as you sad) or we get XT fork situation solved, we will head up again. We were in the very nice uptrend before all of this, but this is just too much stuff to bear about.

And yes, who gives a crap about NY, they have shot themselves in the foot!
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:13:44 PM

I think bitcoin will have similar effects like how we wanted to pass the marajuana law for the state level and for federal.

Its going through it now, while it takes so many years for acceptance that eventually a couple states consider it legal. I think bitcoin will be the same for a similar or faster process depending on the public.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:45:03 AM

I think bitcoin will have similar effects like how we wanted to pass the marajuana law for the state level and for federal.

Its going through it now, while it takes so many years for acceptance that eventually a couple states consider it legal. I think bitcoin will be the same for a similar or faster process depending on the public.

the very reason it takes time to pass such laws is because it directly affects lives of thousands of individuals, so either they expand details for better decision making or laze out and vote in at the end, providing results which we noticed in terms of marijuana. Speaking about mari J, I think US will legalize it completely because the reports are out now, it does more good than what the reports stated, it actually cures cancer. The only damage you can get from mari J is if you smoke it, because well, smoking is harmful. Bake cookies with mari J, guys :*
Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:56:48 AM

I don't care about New York.

The problem is if other states follows New York.

The problem is if USA follows that, and then Russia, China, Germany, Canada, etc.

Bitcoin could become a global currency, but it will be so regulated and watched, that it will lose all appeal.

I totally agree. In the grand scheme of things New York might be a very small piece of the puzzle, but if it sets a precedent that other states and countries follow it could be extremely detrimental to the development and adoption of Bitcoin around the world. 

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:31:38 PM

Since you were smart enough to not put in more than you can lose, you're already a winner. Just be patient. Not only will bitcoins become more valuable, but as more businesses accept them their functional value will grow as well. The game's not over until you cash out.
unless he needs the funds immediately, he should hold. No reason why to sell now,  eventually if you wait it will get above 690$.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:28:36 PM

now this bitlicense crap really put some bad pressure on bitcoin, but dont worry its only temporary.

Venezuela,colombia,uruguay,nicaragua,nigeria,thailand,philipines,mexico and many other places are booming in bitcoin services and will be ground 0 for bitcoin.

I think NY is overrated, as wallstreet is not that imporant anymore as once was.

Exactly, BitLicense plus this XT fork and block size debate have really put some pressure on the price. So the sliding down isn't that unexpected. As soon as one of these problems get solved, or forgotten (like NY BitLicense crap as you sad) or we get XT fork situation solved, we will head up again. We were in the very nice uptrend before all of this, but this is just too much stuff to bear about.

And yes, who gives a crap about NY, they have shot themselves in the foot!

Yea but i start to think that this sabotage is deliberate. Think about it, if the elite want to destroy bitcoin, dont they just want to destroy it be dividing it?

DIVIDE ET IMPERAM as Julius Caesar said, divide & conquer is the best way to destroy something

I don't care about New York.

The problem is if other states follows New York.

The problem is if USA follows that, and then Russia, China, Germany, Canada, etc.

Bitcoin could become a global currency, but it will be so regulated and watched, that it will lose all appeal.

I totally agree. In the grand scheme of things New York might be a very small piece of the puzzle, but if it sets a precedent that other states and countries follow it could be extremely detrimental to the development and adoption of Bitcoin around the world. 

I just think Bitcoin has been infiltrated by unpleasant people who want to destroy it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:59:07 PM

Not any time soon. I would stay bulllish as hell now that we'll see lower prices thanks to the blocksize debate and people having doubts (ignore them they are clueless and bitcoin will live on one way or another). Keep buying monthly, all month is bull month.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:11:20 PM

Not any time soon. I would stay bulllish as hell now that we'll see lower prices thanks to the blocksize debate and people having doubts (ignore them they are clueless and bitcoin will live on one way or another). Keep buying monthly, all month is bull month.

I think this is the last time bitcoin will be this cheap, next bounce off i think it will take off and go to the moon!

I just hope it doesnt even get back to 500 $ ever, it stays 700$-1000$ range for the next 2-3 years!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:26:51 AM

I think this is the last time bitcoin will be this cheap, next bounce off i think it will take off and go to the moon!

I just hope it doesnt even get back to 500 $ ever, it stays 700$-1000$ range for the next 2-3 years!

Yes. Stable price is very important.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 10:43:00 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 11:02:11 AM by deisik

Yes. Stable price is very important.

"Stable" price on low volume (traded) does not bode well in respect to long-term price stability

Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:02:58 PM

Will I make it?
itll take a pretty long time to get to 690 because once the price rises a bit,people start dumping their coins and it goes back down again.
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:06:20 AM

buying some amount of bitcoin with some faint money or paper money will be a good step if you really dreaming for a 690$ break don't waste the time if gonna jump upward soon it will start hopping soon
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:44:56 PM

Will I make it?
itll take a pretty long time to get to 690 because once the price rises a bit,people start dumping their coins and it goes back down again.

It really is a test of the OP's patience rather than anything else.
Maybe he will wait the "pretty long time" it takes.  Smiley
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:53:31 PM

It's time to look at this graph and get some perspective:

Look how step the curve gets in the following 10 years.
We are still lucky to be here able to buy Bitcoins for this low price, so don't waste your time and get ready. We are still early adopters and we will be rewarded by time, just let Bitcoin develop and scarcity + demand will bring us victory.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:24:09 PM

ALL,

Thanks for all the messages, I read every one of them and you guys are very positive which is refreshing during this time.

But real talk, what the FUCK is going on with this sub $250-$300 price? (Edit- Actually the price is at $230 now, wow)... we are about to approach 2 years of bear market. You early motherfuckers used to see massive bubbles every year, now it's almost become a fantasy. What if there are no more bubbles? What if the block size debate and other limitations becomes the end of bitcoin? What if the devs decide to get rid of the 21million supply cap? There are so many things that are possible that could lead us to a shitty price....

Yet I still have hope. I'm almost positive we are in the extreme lows right now and the price will eventually rise by 2016 block halving. But I have my doubts about it reaching ATH again, or even $1000, or even $690 where I would break even (Update- I've been buying in the 200s and my price avg should be lower than $690... it's maybe about $630 now). It just sucks that I will probably have to wait another year to see any exciting action... I'm really sick of all the bad news and the bear market that never ends.

You are looking at this the wrong way sir.

Excuse me?

You have posted this thread on March 01, 2015, 11:34:57 PM, so you can compare now and then value of Bitcoin, I hope you are nearing to the point of break even, hope you will make it down the line in 6 months or a year and wishing you for very good luck !
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow, 6 months ago.... and the price right now is $230, pretty sure it's lower than when I posted  Embarrassed
But still, I know bitcoin is going through rough patches right now....

I would just hold for a few more years and see where it goes, you can invest in some other Alts if you wanna try your luck, but best bet is to just hold and hope for the best.

That's what I'm thinking, about needing to hold for a few years....I don't forsee any kind of rally or exciting news anytime soon.

You are very optimistic, it's just hard to be when you see the kind of bullshit that's been happening over the last year. Any tiny uprising we see in price have been crushed by downward pressure. Any good news gets buried by all the bad ones. The sentiment and confidence in the community seems to be near an all time low, which is understandable because of this damn 2 year bear market. I just hope things turn around and go the other way for once

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 05:27:42 AM

thats a high price point to go for i believe.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:58:32 AM

When positive news flow into bitcoin market, the demand decide the bitcoin price like $1200. When negative news (like MT GOX collapse) flow in, the mining cost decides the bitcoin price. So, all the prices are break even as bitcoin has been designed like that with difficulty and together sharing mining capabilities.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:08:27 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 04:40:53 PM by deisik

When positive news flow into bitcoin market, the demand decide the bitcoin price like $1200. When negative news (like MT GOX collapse) flow in, the mining cost decides the bitcoin price. So, all the prices are break even as bitcoin has been designed like that with difficulty and together sharing mining capabilities.

Sorry, but the labor theory of value doesn't work here (or there). In fact, it doesn't work anywhere (despite its appeal)

devil11

Activity: 398

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:51:20 PM

So many years for growing BTC amount to $690 or even more.... Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: