Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:16:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DaDice.com - Next Gen Social Gambling Dice Experience | Progressive Jackpot  (Read 257856 times)
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:19:45 AM

dooglus may be a reputable member but it is not also a guarantee that he will not run with the investors fund is it? Im not trying to frame dooglus just I wanted to say that even if someone is trusted enough it is not a proof that they will not run

It is not a guarantee - but I have more reason to trust doog than I do dadice by a huge margin. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but I trust doog enough to the point where I'm happy to invest and call it a day if I turn out to be wrong. All of it is just a part of due diligence and doing some research before you take on any risk - to ensure that you minimise your risk.
retes1234

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

https://dadice.com the #1 dice site

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:28:32 AM

Stats site will be available by Monday latest.

For your second question, you can also ask other sites' owners like justdice, bitdice.me, and so on. It's all about trust, admin will answer you. IMO dadice is reliable, I can store my fund here.

Thanks, didn't see the post.

I'm well aware of the need for trust - the problem is that dadice is incredibly new with no history in the community (whereas doog is well respected and trusted through his actions). Hence I'm curious whether he/she has any plans or means of indicating they won't run away with funds tonight.

dooglus may be a reputable member but it is not also a guarantee that he will not run with the investors fund is it? Im not trying to frame dooglus just I wanted to say that even if someone is trusted enough it is not a proof that they will not run

Agree to this. we shouldn't trust anyone 100%. There are maybe some reputable and respected member but there is still no guarantee that they will do something bad.

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1410

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 06:29:57 AM

It is not a guarantee - but I have more reason to trust doog than I do dadice by a huge margin. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but I trust doog enough to the point where I'm happy to invest and call it a day if I turn out to be wrong. All of it is just a part of due diligence and doing some research before you take on any risk - to ensure that you minimise your risk.

yes there is no guarantee about this and Dadice is still new on this gambling business unlike JD that has been here for some years.

Do check on my above post regarding their statement on this investment-trust issue. What I can say is that trust needs some time, by now Dadice has paid alot for the sig campaign advertisement along with the social media advertisement and also some bounty for the roll event.

This is sure an indication that they are here to stay , do some business and aim for the top dice sites, but still, do use some extra precautions because any sites can go MIA in a night  Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Light

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:36:40 AM

Do check on my above post regarding their statement on this investment-trust issue. What I can say is that trust needs some time, by now Dadice has paid alot for the sig campaign advertisement along with the social media advertisement and also some bounty for the roll event.

This is sure an indication that they are here to stay , do some business and aim for the top dice sites, but still, do use some extra precautions because any sites can go MIA in a night  Smiley

I agree to an extent regarding their own time investment and various social campaigns it is an indicator that they do want users and are here for the long term.

However, to play the devil's advocate, it's also exactly the thing you'd do if you wanted to build up both investors and users so you could scam the most BTC possible. Not saying that's what's going to happen - but I would take that observation with a grain of salt.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:41:46 AM

I agree to an extent regarding their own time investment and various social campaigns it is an indicator that they do want users and are here for the long term.

However, to play the devil's advocate, it's also exactly the thing you'd do if you wanted to build up both investors and users so you could scam the most BTC possible. Not saying that's what's going to happen - but I would take that observation with a grain of salt.

Hi,

I don't think the latter part makes sense. AFAIK, they are here to stay and is aspriring to be the number 1 dice site soon. And they are working hard on it.

If you haven't noticed, they are building on their features and their devs are actively working on the site and come up with new ideas, features etc. They wouldn't do it, unless they are genuinely interested in becoming the best Bitcoin Dice site around. Smiley

Cheers Smiley
ndnhc
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 06:54:04 AM

You are right, but if you use this analogic for all gambling sites that accept investment than it could be well applied to all of those sites isnt it? Point is every view got its own negativity, regarding that people can freely choose which to invest in , just use some extra precautions when "investing" on things

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Light

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:54:40 AM

I don't think the latter part makes sense. AFAIK, they are here to stay and is aspriring to be the number 1 dice site soon. And they are working hard on it.

If you haven't noticed, they are building on their features and their devs are actively working on the site and come up with new ideas, features etc. They wouldn't do it, unless they are genuinely interested in becoming the best Bitcoin Dice site around. Smiley

It makes sense if you're trying to maximise the amount you want to scam. You'd have advertising campaigns to increase awareness so you have more investors and players to steal from later. You also implement new features to keep those players moving to other sites (and thus also retaining your investors - no one is going to invest on a site where no one plays) in a highly competitive market.

But as I said, it's playing the devil's advocate - I don't necessarily think this is true, but if you think about it, doing the right thing and doing the right thing to maximise the scamming potential produce the same results.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:02:34 AM

It makes sense if you're trying to maximise the amount you want to scam. You'd have advertising campaigns to increase awareness so you have more investors and players to steal from later. You also implement new features to keep those players moving to other sites (and thus also retaining your investors - no one is going to invest on a site where no one plays) in a highly competitive market.

But as I said, it's playing the devil's advocate - I don't necessarily think this is true, but if you think about it, doing the right thing and doing the right thing to maximise the scamming potential produce the same results.

Whatever, lol. Wink

Well, I don't think the bolded part is true. Most of the scams do not work on improving and coming up with new features. AFAIK, there are more features to come. Smiley

Edit: There are quite more than a few members in the team. Seriously, you don't think all those guys are masterminding a scam, lol. Wink
It is kind of hilarious..
Just my honest opinion. You are free to think whatever you want. Wink
Light

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:08:21 AM

Well, I don't think the bolded part is true. Most of the scams do not work on improving and coming up with new features. AFAIK, there are more features to come. Smiley

That's because most scams have been historically extremely lazy and are rather garbage at maintaining any semblance of legitimacy (I used to patrol this sub for scams when I had the time). A well engineered scam would pose exactly like a normal entity so as not to attract attention - it's a sad fact.

As I keep reiterating, most of this is just amusing discussion for the sake of the argument - I don't necessarily believe it is true in the case of dadice.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:29:21 AM

I used to patrol this sub for scams when I had the time.

This boards is not for it and you might find more in Scam Accusation

A well engineered scam would pose exactly like a normal entity so as not to attract attention - it's a sad fact.

True of this, and you can apply this analogic to all sites that you think "legit" it will stays the same if you keep on looking from the negative sides

As I keep reiterating, most of this is just amusing discussion for the sake of the argument

Argument and discussion are fine as long as you can keep it clean from any bashing to the sites, which you have not really done so yeah its fine and we are here to provide some argument as well regarding your opinion. Nothing wrong with it,freedom of speech  Wink

I don't necessarily believe it is true in the case of dadice.

Good thing, I dont believe it myself either, but I do know trust isnt earned over night, there is still a rocky way to go for dadice before proving themselves to be legit  Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:17:49 AM

That's because most scams have been historically extremely lazy and are rather garbage at maintaining any semblance of legitimacy (I used to patrol this sub for scams when I had the time). A well engineered scam would pose exactly like a normal entity so as not to attract attention - it's a sad fact.

As I keep reiterating, most of this is just amusing discussion for the sake of the argument - I don't necessarily believe it is true in the case of dadice.

It doesn't matter, if you don't believe dadice team. Everyone believed mtgox ceo, but they were all scammed by him, right? Everyone trusted mtgox before they "bankrupt"(i am sure mtgox ceo is a scammer, hacker is his excuse) right?

BTC is decentralized thing, don't trust anyone, any site or any btc relared company but only trust bitcoin, it's a trust problem, all about ethical and moral, if you don't trust dadice, no one can persuade you, so just hold your coins in your cold storage, no one will steal that.  Grin

I believe dadice is reliable and will be top 3 dice sites(PD, JD, DaDice) in 1 year, I believe that won't run away with our funds.
crazykiddo

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:11:44 AM

I read something in the DD chat on Saturday night that the well known Erik Voorhees might be involved in DaDice, now may I ask, why would someone like Erik get involved with a dice site?
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 09:17:49 AM

I read something in the DD chat on Saturday night that the well known Erik Voorhees might be involved in DaDice, now may I ask, why would someone like Erik get involved with a dice site?

Where do you get this from? a mod or from the admin themselves? If this is true than it is great isnt it? Erik voorhees is the owner of Satoshi Dice before it was sold to the new management. So it is common that Erik got involved with another dice sites

some references from stunna's post

From my understanding & conversation with insiders, SD has been sold/shifted ownership more than one time. Is your group the one that purchased the site directly from Erik Voorhees? I only ask this due to the above posts using that assumption as a basis of trust. Looking forward to some clarification.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
fox19891989

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:26:22 AM

I won't be surprised if he is involving dadice. This news may be real because he is the ceo of shapeshift, dadice integrates with shapeshift several weeks ago, that's why you guys can deposit and withdraw altcoin on dadice.

And Erik was satoshi dice former owner, he sold it for 120000k btc in 2013, he is extremely rich now.  Shocked  He is the most famous gamble site owner in btc community.

Overall, if he involves with dadice, it's a good thing because he is the most experienced guy runs on dice site. If that rumor is real, dadice is ready to da MOON  Grin Shocked
crazykiddo

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:26:36 AM

Where do you get this from? a mod or from the admin themselves? If this is true than it is great isnt it? Erik voorhees is the owner of Satoshi Dice before it was sold to the new management. So it is common that Erik got involved with another dice sites

From my understanding & conversation with insiders, SD has been sold/shifted ownership more than one time. Is your group the one that purchased the site directly from Erik Voorhees? I only ask this due to the above posts using that assumption as a basis of trust. Looking forward to some clarification.

it was an ordinary user who said that, I did not know that Erik was previously involved in dice sites? This is extremely interesting..
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 09:30:09 AM

it was an ordinary user who said that, I did not know that Erik was previously involved in dice sites? This is extremely interesting..

Than that info couldnt be trusted since the ordinary user isnt an insider of dadice, unless there is an evidence to this which I suppose there is none. Yes Erik Voorhees own satoshiDice before and sold it already and now satoshiDice is under their new management. I suppose he is the CEO of shapeshift too reading from fox's post above

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
fox19891989

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:31:25 AM

Hmm, you can google that, I find this good source   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SatoshiDice

SatoshiDice
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SatoshiDice is a gambling website which uses the digital currency Bitcoin. In 2012, SatoshiDice was the leading Bitcoin gambling site in terms of amount wagered.[1]

On 18 July 2013, Erik Voorhees announced that SatoshiDice had been sold for 126,315 BTC, or US$12.4 million at the time of the announcement.[2]

coindesk source:  http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-company-acquisitions-begin-gambling-site-satoshidice-sells-for-11-5m-126315-btc/
marcm

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:57:31 AM

Admin, Why the dadice site downloading more than 10kb per second I didn't bet/auto-bet and I used the lite version but still streaming. I care because my bandwidth data have a limit.
retes1234

https://dadice.com the #1 dice site

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:02:27 AM

Admin, Why the dadice site downloading more than 10kb per second I didn't bet/auto-bet and I used the lite version but still streaming. I care because my bandwidth data have a limit.

Its still streaming even you dont bet because of all bets. It still updating every bet made by all users

dadice (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

DaDice Administration

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:37:22 AM

Its still streaming even you dont bet because of all bets. It still updating every bet made by all users

The lite version is not streaming all bets, but there is of course still limited bandwidth involved all the time. The chat is still updated, the current users as well to give you an example.

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: