Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:31:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptosteel: The Ultimate Cold Wallet Private Key Storage System  (Read 41675 times)
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:14:20 AM

Yep Thanks for the updates.

And dont worry guys, its normal to have some delay. First big project is always intense!  Wink

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 09:57:28 AM

Unfortunately I have had to leave negative trust for https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=468731.  The original and initial delivery time was July.  We are far past that.  I will delete my negative trust and comments when better communication is instituted and/or people start receiving their cryptosteels.

I was just wondering this morning what is going on. Update please?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:27:23 AM

Unfortunately I have had to leave negative trust for https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=468731.  The original and initial delivery time was July.  We are far past that.  I will delete my negative trust and comments when better communication is instituted and/or people start receiving their cryptosteels.

I was just wondering this morning what is going on. Update please?

Cryptosteel just communicated with me...they are still working on this and have hit a few hurdles.  So, I have removed my negative rating.  But Cryptosteel needs to give us an update please. :-)

This is the email I received:

"Hi Patric,

We will send update at Monday or faster.
We just start the production yesterday at night.  Making now last videos and
will public it soon.

The main issue is the stainless steel itself. This metal is very odd. And we
had a lot of troubles… Please be patient. Many more things are not yet ready…
But - I do not now how to prove - I do not spend almost nothing from the
pool of crowd… I can make screenshots if you want… Even refund one person -
So if you want I can refund you. This is no problem.

Have a nice day."
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:50:22 PM

Thanks for the update
cryptosteel (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

peace of mind for your private keys and passwords

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:03:56 PM

Cryptosteel production is underway!

The first press matrix is now fully functional and ready to start work on the cold wallets, producing us eight letter tails per second.
We have also verified that the letter tails fit perfectly into the final prototype Cryptosteel case - this means that the design and testing phases are now complete.

One of the biggest challenges that we needed to overcome during the past few weeks related to the physical characteristics of the stainless steel itself. This metal that we are using to craft Cryptosteel is susceptible to sudden deformation and distortion during heavy press industrial treatment (processing). The relative “softness” of the stainless steel - which we initially viewed as an advantage owing to the additional malleability it affords – turned out to be its greatest weakness at the production.  

However, a few minor technical adjustments enabled us to overcome this difficulty and we can now confirm that the wallet you see in the pictures is the working prototype of Cryptosteel and the model for future production.
We would like to thank all of our loyal participants, observers, followers, and especially our contributors for all of the patience and support that you have afforded us over the past few months.

We are keeping our promise and we will soon build the production line of the first invincible bitcoin artefact!

You can expect an update relating to the production schedule within the next two weeks.

Please check out video from the production site: https://youtu.be/c3hupIKt7RU

Sneak peek of the Cryptosteel: production prototype and letter tails in details.

•everlasting•fire-proof•private•open hardware•
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:27:10 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated! Also appreciate the video. I'm still excited to receive the finish the final product.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:51:53 PM

Amazing to finally see this going into production... The final product is looking great, this project took a really good shape... Keep it up Smiley
cryptosteel (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 01:37:50 PM

Dear Pledgers and supporters,

The Cryptosteel team are pleased to announce that last weekend we finalised an agreement worth an initial $3500 with the vendor who will supply us with designed Blanking Dyes for the production line. This accord includes a commitment to commencing production by a deadline set at 20.12.2015.

At this point we would like to offer our sincerest apologies for recent delays in producing your cold wallets; however, the ultimate cause of these set-backs has been our commitment to delivering the best possible product.
From the very start of the Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign the Cryptosteel team were determined that the unveiled model of the cold wallet would be an exact replica of that transferred into production.
This assumption, it has transpired, was huge lapse and the consequence of our miscalculation has been a delay of over six months.

Simply put, we failed to accurately anticipate the sheer number and variety of hitches that have stymied the cold wallet’s progression from the prototyping phase to that of final production.

Furthermore, it became quickly apparent that there is an acute shortage of personnel working in the area of stainless steel production (items/details/parts) who possess the expertise and experience required to aid us in crafting Cryptosteel.
However, we have come to accept that all of the pain and stress that we have experienced over the last few months was an inevitable and in many ways essential part of the process of forging Cryptosteel and we are now confident of delivering a product of the calibre we envisaged at the outset.

Thank you all once more for your continued patience and support – it keeps us going!

We stay in touch!

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:27:25 PM

2 months?

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:37:56 AM

2 months?

It is quite a wait considering the delays that have happened already, you'd think with the level of delay that customers would be upgraded or something to make up for it.

I've ran a project that had 1-2 months of delays and all kinds of problems, these were supplier side and some silly mistakes that I made. Luckily all of my customers were very flexible, which I tried to make up for by sending them extra merchandise.

This should be a great product and the crowd fund was a good price too, but this seems to be going the way of many crowd funds with lengthy deadline creep.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 01:18:04 PM

2 months?

It is quite a wait considering the delays that have happened already, you'd think with the level of delay that customers would be upgraded or something to make up for it.

I've ran a project that had 1-2 months of delays and all kinds of problems, these were supplier side and some silly mistakes that I made. Luckily all of my customers were very flexible, which I tried to make up for by sending them extra merchandise.

This should be a great product and the crowd fund was a good price too, but this seems to be going the way of many crowd funds with lengthy deadline creep.

Pretty sure I could get these puppies banged out in less than 2 weeks at a precision machine shop I used to work at in my youth ...

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 06:09:18 AM

Wait so you are supposed to begin production during the Christmas holidays? I'm surprised I missed that.

I don't know how it works in Poland, but won't everything be winding down at that time of the month? In my office numbers start to thin by early December. How will you get anything made in the few days after the 20th. There will be at least another month delay IMO.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 08:49:38 PM

Not sure if I was clear in my last post, so I thought I'd clarify.

Getting something custom machined on the 20th of December seems like a tall story to me- i.e: it ain't gonna happen.

So my conclusion is that this is not a reasonable or realistic time to start production let alone start posting us the product. Please correct me if I'm wrong- I don't know what's going on and I am a strong supporter of your project, but I am seriously concerned and have many doubts over this date you have posted.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
torusJKL

Activity: 619

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:59:33 PM

Getting something custom machined on the 20th of December seems like a tall story to me- i.e: it ain't gonna happen.

They are only commencing production.
Maybe this does not yet include actually producing them but getting the paperwork done so that they can start right after christmas/new year.
Or they are producing in a country where christmas is not celebrated at all.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 04:20:12 PM

They are only commencing production.
Maybe this does not yet include actually producing them but getting the paperwork done so that they can start right after christmas/new year.
Or they are producing in a country where christmas is not celebrated at all.

They are Polish- a predominantly Catholic country. If they are commencing production next year they should say that. But I suspect that would not go down too well with the good will of there crowdfunders.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
torusJKL

Activity: 619

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:23:40 PM

The crowdfunding community usually reacted well to the truth.
Not that well to lies which most of the time came to light sooner or later.

I hope they know this and communicated the date with this in mind.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
cryptosteel (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 01:13:19 PM

Work on the production line is continuing at pace and we have commenced regular fabrication of the cold wallet’s letter tails.
We are pleased, therefore, to confirm that the first production run of the letter tails is nearing completion.
(All of those heavy press elements (aka. blanking dies) need a lot of time to be hardened and sharpened)

Perhaps most excitingly, we have collected a number of packaging bundles from Mutant Letter Press - 100% fully recyclable!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rafael Akahira and Paulina Gajos for the outstanding package design and craft work which went into this phase of production.

We have also begun to receive all of the component parts ordered from external vendors, including metal workshops, which we require for the final product.

We keep on going!

What a edifying month for a Bitcoin!

Have a great day!

disclaimer (: boxes are empty yet...

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 03:09:26 AM

Thanks for continuing to post updates. Keep it up guys!

cryptosteel (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 11:00:44 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 04:18:07 PM by cryptosteel

Dear Pledgers, Fans, and Friends,
Only good news!

Following the latest round of tests we can confirm that our production line is almost ready to begin producing components from stainless steel. Our best estimate is that we will start assembling and packing the Cryptosteels next week, shipping them out to our loyal supports in the subsequent days.
This short piece of footage form the machine-room should give you a sense of our progress.
https://youtu.be/5jN3WERQ7gw

Thank you; have a good day!

And as a reminder - this is the last chance to buy “First Edition” Cryptosteel available only via Bitcoin (we have last 11 pieces of Early Birld left)
https://cryptosteel.com/crowdfunding.html

HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:20:26 PM

Well, very good private key storage system. The only thing is that you can not use it, if you go through metal detector like in banks, airports etc.  Wink But in any case - nice gift also for Christmas for BTC geek  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: