Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:39:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptosteel: The Ultimate Cold Wallet Private Key Storage System  (Read 41675 times)
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:14:58 PM

I was one of the lucky few who secured a metal TREZOR  Cool
congrats, I'd just like my cryptosteel Wink
I got a cryptosteel with my metal TREZOR  Grin they're worth the wait, although it was difficult to pull apart. It says to use a tile but I ended up using a screwdriver.

Hello BoomRoom,

Yes, indeed you must have an early-made unit (probably from the prototyping pool).
Now, since our tools are run in - it is working as designed. Smiley

I am also pleased to announce that I have a green light for exporting to Canada.
I will soon make a official release. New delivery bridge is almost set. Smiley
Just in time with @OpenBaazar!

You now have the green light for canada ?? That mean I will not receive my cryptosteel soon I guess.
Do you have a estimated delivery date  ?

Been a long time since I bought this.  Wink

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 07:45:12 AM

Received mine this morning (Netherlands). Nice little piece of kit. Although the letter tells you to attempt to break it, I'm not sure that's a good idea, I feel like I could probably bend the hinge enough by hand to really mess up the mechanism!

Better late than never. Thanks for pulling through guys.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Btseee

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:41:10 PM

I ordered 2 from the original pre-sale (I think they were early birds) and I live in the USA. Still no tracking or anything. Is this normal?
cryptosteel (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

peace of mind for your private keys and passwords

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 06:53:50 PM

I ordered 2 from the original pre-sale (I think they were early birds) and I live in the USA. Still no tracking or anything. Is this normal?

Yes! It is even better! Maybe your order was not lost in delivery. Please PM me and I will check it quickly.

Today, we shiped first 50 units to Canada. Delivery is now in transit. As soon as we cross the border - duty and tax - we will let you know
We now have a warehouse located near Ontario/Buffalo with cooperative company.
It will be only Early Birds 20 for Canadians, and 30 for US citizens.

•everlasting•fire-proof•private•open hardware•
cryptosteel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 07:10:33 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2016, 07:42:11 PM by cryptosteel

Received mine this morning (Netherlands). Nice little piece of kit. Although the letter tells you to attempt to break it, I'm not sure that's a good idea, I feel like I could probably bend the hinge enough by hand to really mess up the mechanism!

Better late than never. Thanks for pulling through guys.

Thank you @Bigtimespaghetti for your kind feedback - indeed, we initially designed container in that manner that you could split it into two parts - mutli-sig.(*)
Your sentence is always protected by two independent locks, two pawls and racks. Once filled with letter tiles, and closed - Cryptosteel becomes "solid as" a homogeneus steel bar.

*(This depends of the types of private keys you are using. This feature is not yet finished, in development.)

cryptosteel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 02:23:15 PM

After six weeks of paper work we have finally established our storeroom in Ontario, Canada, close to the US border town of Buffalo.
Our new delivery chain is up and running and, in addition to the 52 units that are already in Canada and ready to be dispatched this week, 100 North American Early Birds Pledgers can expect to receive their cold wallets soon!

Furthermore, the resolution of the EU export issue has at last enabled us to return our focus to the production and development of Cryptosteel.
The response that we have received from those pledgers in possession of their Cryptosteels has been overwhelmingly positive and it is ultimately that appraisal which motivates us to keep pushing forward.

Regarding criticism of our decision to cooperate with SatoshiLabs and to sell Cryptosteel units directly at www.buyTrezor.com this was the only means through which the company could recover financially after the loss of 120 units (plus delivery costs) last month.

The circumstance surrounding the disappearance of the wallets has yet to be clarified (we have filed an official complaint with the Polish postal service, with whom they were initially dispatched); however, the loss of that shipment posed an existential threat to the company.
Without the generous support of SatoshiLabs we could not only have lost our business, but it would have been extremely difficult for us to provide for the refunding of outstanding pledgers.

Finally, several private messages were bounced. Please add "Cryptosteel(-at-)cryptosteel.com" to your white list, to facilitate our communication.

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:46:07 PM

@cryptosteel  , glad to see this problem is now solved.. i didn't realised the problem was so hard..

anyway good luck with your business ! keep on good work man !  Wink
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 10:12:35 PM

What?! You lost your first 120 units (crowd sale units) in the post?

How does that happen? Do you think it was by malicious intent? US government/customs? Is that why you are shipping from Canada now?

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 10:14:06 PM

great product. will buy one.

cryptosteel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:27:56 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 06:48:30 AM by cryptosteel

What?! You lost your first 120 units (crowd sale units) in the post?

How does that happen? Do you think it was by malicious intent? US government/customs? Is that why you are shipping from Canada now?

Yes 120 units are lost> more about this incident you can read here > https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cryptosteel-the-ultimate-cold-storage-wallet/x/9994497#/updates
We do not have a clue what happen. Not only units shipped to North America was lost. Also several units shipped to Israel, Asia and Oceania.
We are waiting for a National Post reply on our official complaint.

This is the main reason why have a storeroom in Canada now.

mboehler

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:24:19 AM

I wanted to let everyone know that I received mine today that I ordered during the kickstarter.  I live in Tennessee in the good ole United States of America.  It was return addressed from Canada.

Thanks, Cryptosteel!
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 03:48:12 AM

I wanted to let everyone know that I received mine today that I ordered during the kickstarter.  I live in Tennessee in the good ole United States of America.  It was return addressed from Canada.

Thanks, Cryptosteel!

Thanks for the update. There's still hope for the rest of us in the US that ordered during the kickstarter  Cool

QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:43:31 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 12:51:34 PM by QuantumQrack

From the beautiful state of Idaho (USA), my two early bird cryptosteels arrived today!  Kind of funny, I emailed Wojciech Stopinski a few days ago, and Wojciech thought they were probably lost and I wouldn't get delivery.  Anyway, was happy to see them in my mailbox!

One of the major mistakes you made though, is that you stamped the tiles on both sides.  This reduces how deep the characters look on the tiles.  Next time I would just stamp one side and as deep as possible.  Like somebody has previously stated, some of the tiles you can hardly read because they aren't deep enough.  (which is pretty bad, since the information is what is really important about a cryptosteel).

There is also a need for tile blanks in the kit (which can be single stamped tiles flipped over).  I think the only "blank" available was a tile that was stamped with the Trezor symbol, which is unacceptable. I would also build it to allow for one blank tile between each 3 or 4 letters of each word for easier readability.

I would also label the individual word areas 1-24 versus 1-12 on each half.

The mechanism itself is pretty cool, but overall, I wouldn't recommend the product and give it a 5 out 10.  If the tiles were easier to read then of course the score would be much higher.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 01:39:29 PM

Would it be easier for me to use my German address or my US military APO address for shipment?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 01:30:14 AM

Got mine today! San Diego, CA.  I was so excited I posted the unboxing on my youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY2eqLiUOVg
Thanks Cryptosteel!

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 05:48:16 PM

Could you list your OpenBazaar link in the OP? I see it for sale on OB but there are no reviews yet so it could be anyone.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
cryptosteel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 07:25:52 PM

Could you list your OpenBazaar link in the OP? I see it for sale on OB but there are no reviews yet so it could be anyone.

Elvar,

We have no reviews at OpenBazaar yet, because we want to ship to Indiegogo Crowdfunders in a first row.
All OpenBazaar purchases have to wait until we fulfil the initial orders.

ob://@cryptosteel
onename.com/cryptosteel
fb.com/cryptosteel
twitter.com/cryptosteel
www.cryptosteel.com

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 08:33:05 AM

Elvar,

We have no reviews at OpenBazaar yet, because we want to ship to Indiegogo Crowdfunders in a first row.
All OpenBazaar purchases have to wait until we fulfil the initial orders.

ob://@cryptosteel
onename.com/cryptosteel
fb.com/cryptosteel
twitter.com/cryptosteel
www.cryptosteel.com

Cool, thanks.

I would rather pay with bitcoins and try out OpenBazaar.

AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 11:46:52 PM

My indiegogo order arrived in Australia this morning!
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:06:29 AM

My indiegogo order arrived in Australia this morning!

Is that you Craig?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: