Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Talk account hacked any way to recover?  (Read 10827 times)
TerraMaster (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:32:22 PM

shorena, I sent a pm
THX

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:33:57 PM

If the OP cannot sign a message from an address associated with the account today, then it would explain his lack of ability to sign a message from an address associated with the account when the account was sold.

It is an onlie wallet. Actually it isn't really an online wallet.

I would say the evidence provided and claims to be able to provide in order to prove ownership is circumstantial at best. The timeline is almost a perfect match of someone trying to scam (referring to the OP)

OP might be plausible liar.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

If the OP cannot sign a message from an address associated with the account today, then it would explain his lack of ability to sign a message from an address associated with the account when the account was sold.

It is an onlie wallet. Actually it isn't really an online wallet.

I would say the evidence provided and claims to be able to provide in order to prove ownership is circumstantial at best. The timeline is almost a perfect match of someone trying to scam (referring to the OP)

OP might be Plausible liar/victim.

Which was the name of this webWallet? blockchain.info ? If he lost his account it is his partial fault because he didn't build a correct security. Now they should find an accord because I don't think an admin will recover his account withouth a valid signed bitcoin message.
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:42:56 PM

Like I said earlier you two should considering finding a solution without theymos where you both bleed a little. Its reasonable that you both are the victim here. Sadly its also reasonable that either one of you is lying. I start to understand why some accounts just dont get restored. There is just no way for theymos or anyone else for that matter to know what happend and who should have the account.
I think theymos/BadBear should look into the matter and say if it is reasonable to say that the account was hacked or if it is too difficult to say one way or another.

Hey Quickseller,
Welcome back, lol ok,not to sound ignorant, but how could I be scamming? and how does a timeline fit into that equation.

And will someone please explain how with both of my accounts stolen MMNC and scryptonite, how it could be possible to have and own the 2 domains associated with my profiles for each account, still evident. There is no way to fake or fabricate those. ( the domains vs the image capture etc.) and remember both account passwords were changed at the same time too! initially.

Ok, I am just scratching my head a feeling a bit bewildered here lol

I appreciate your input!

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:56:27 PM

It is an online wallet. Actually it isn't really an online wallet.

Which was the name of this webWallet? blockchain.info ? If he lost his account it is his partial fault because he didn't build a correct security. Now they should find an accord because I don't think an admin will recover his account withouth a valid signed bitcoin message.

I am sorry. OP told not to make it public. No, it isn't Blockchain.info. If it is, OP could have sent BTC received from shorena from that address and also sign it. Like I said, it isn't really an online wallet.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2338

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:58:01 PM

Like I said earlier you two should considering finding a solution without theymos where you both bleed a little. Its reasonable that you both are the victim here. Sadly its also reasonable that either one of you is lying. I start to understand why some accounts just dont get restored. There is just no way for theymos or anyone else for that matter to know what happend and who should have the account.
I think theymos/BadBear should look into the matter and say if it is reasonable to say that the account was hacked or if it is too difficult to say one way or another.

Hey Quickseller,
Welcome back, lol ok,not to sound ignorant, but how could I be scamming?
You could have sold the account, received money for it and then later came back to claim that it was hacked.
and how does a timeline fit into that equation.
You went inactive on the account almost immediately after you supposedly downloaded malware, and then claimed your account was hacked almost immediately after you sold it.  
And will someone please explain how with both of my accounts stolen MMNC and scryptonite, how it could be possible to have and own the 2 domains associated with my profiles for each account, still evident. There is no way to fake or fabricate those. ( the domains vs the image capture etc.) and remember both account passwords were changed at the same time too! initially.
Like I said, it is circumstantial evidence.

Out of curiosity, did you ever input your password, or have your password stored on your computer between the time you allegedly downloaded the malware and when it was sold?  
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:52:33 PM

Quickseller,

I have to ask, are you an Admin or someone just passing through lol, I see you have a good trust factor in your profile. I want to respond to your last question, but only in a PM, sorry I have to be cautious,,,, ( I am the one that got hacked) or can someone like Muhammed or shorena vouch for you and then I will respond to your questions. Which are good and I would like to answer.

THX

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2338

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:00:25 PM

Quickseller,

I have to ask, are you an Admin or someone just passing through lol, I see you have a good trust factor in your profile. I want to respond to your last question, but only in a PM, sorry I have to be cautious,,,, ( I am the one that got hacked) or can someone like Muhammed or shorena vouch for you and then I will respond to your questions. Which are good and I would like to answer.

THX
I am not an admin. If you want to keep the answer to my question private then don't bother giving me the answer because I am telling you now that I do not agree to keep it private.

You also need to know that a PM is not a private message, it is a personal message (a message sent to me personally). Any PM you send or receive can be read by either theymos or BadBear (although I don't think they go around reeding other people's PM's), and theymos can be compelled to provide content of PM's via a valid court order.

If you want information to remain private then you must PGP encrypt it to the recipient's PGP key
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:01:27 PM

You only came forward because the account is worthless with the negative remarks. Plus, I have proven I own MinermanNC, No matter what you say, that address in the screen capture of MinermanNC, IS MY WALLET ADDRESS PERIOD, ....then, now and in the future.

And what about the coindrone.com advertisement in that image capture, a website domain I STILL OWN. I suppose I copied and pasted that and went out and created a website to match? lol that in itself should speak volumes about my truthfulness.  like I said you are grasping at straws.

And to think I was almost a bit sympathetic about your situation... and taking that into considerations, for when all this is over.

Like I said before, and Ill say it again, you could do the right thing and simply return my account at anytime. Sometimes good things come to those with honesty and integrity.

MMNC

The problem is I have less than 0.2BTC right now. 0.75BTC means much to me. I can't give that up willingly.

I don't understand why you don't send ME the proofs that you have? I still believe that the whole thing can be staged. I have been scammed once, and it was quite clever and thought out. Sorry, if you were really hacked, but even if you provide evidence that you once controlled the account, you will have to provide evidence that you did not sell it to me.
The timing is very very suspicious..

Was the password changed just once or twice?

You said you gave priority to other more relevant things, for 2 days, and didn't bother to post here, etc.

Want to know what is the circumstantial evidence that you are talking about? And why is OP being very secretive about evidence?

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:28:28 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 08:07:32 PM by MinermanNC

Posting this so that you don't believe any image he sends blindly.
I am no idiot, and I find a good probability that he may not be a/the victim, he is claiming to be.

(Please ignore that pointer at P, forgot to take it away from there Wink) Didn't bother to attend to the details. Sorry.

The gap, length, etc. is exactly accurate. Not photoshopped of course.

All 3 addresses taken from 3 profiles posted in this thread. Unfortunately, Quickseller didn't have one in his profile. ;

You can create a Bitfinx account like I did and check whether you can find anything wrong.

Shouldn't have gone with big amounts, since it gives you an unreal impression. Other than that everything is perfect:

You can even check the details..
(I think I should have aavoided the .00 part. I think it doesn't appear. Never mind.)

Well, you also understand why I didn't bother to provide images of the PMs between me and the hacker/OP. It is not credible. An administrator can check my PMs.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:03:47 PM

Still willing to sell this to you for 0.85BTC.

I thought it is worth to you more than that.

Quote from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

If you want me to recover a hacked/lost account, you need to prove that you own it. Typically, the only acceptable method of proving ownership is by signing a message (including current date and desired new email address) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account. A Bitcoin address or PGP key is associated with the account only if the account posted the key/address, sent it in a PM, or if it is still listed in the account's profile.

I very rarely recover accounts if you can't prove ownership as described above. There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time. If I point you to this thread, you can't prove ownership properly, and then I ignore your future PMs, this means that I'm not going to recover your account. Create a new one.

Well, you couldn't prove ownership properly.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:25:32 PM

Quickseller,

THX

Quickseller is cool. Very good at finding things out. IMHO it makes sense to answer their questions as best as you can.

Posting this so that you don't believe any image he sends blindly.
I am no idiot, and I find a good probability that he may not be a/the victim, he is claiming to be.
-snip-

Im not sure if this will convince you, but I was asked to log into the service where 19TDsep1Jhm4VDkbZK28tPze3pXhDwT8V4 is the deposit address and confirm the address. I will post screenshots here once I did.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 09:02:18 PM

-snip-
TX ID -> 2cd89c2364ca2a1aa1884c1f8f879061335132b3326e1c7dd1b48856e2e42684
link -> https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/2cd89c2364ca2a1aa1884c1f8f879061335132b3326e1c7dd1b48856e2e42684
-snip-

The above is quoted from the post where I send coins to 19TDsep1Jhm4VDkbZK28tPze3pXhDwT8V4. Below are screenshots I made while logged into TerraMiners Cryptsy account. #1 shows the transaction ID. #2 shows the deposit address.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:21:23 AM

Okay. So he once had controlled of this account.

So here is the next question:
0. Was he really the owner before me (or before the hacker)?
1. Did he stage the hack?

1. OP downloads the wallet of a coin no one has heard of, a brand new coin launched just a few days ago.
2. OP does not scan it before downloading
3. OP does not have a anti virus installed.

4. He didn't bother to change the password after finding that his system has been compromised. He waited more than 2 days, not doing what anyone else would have done? Really?
Anyone here, who wouldn't change the passwords after getting hacked?

He either didn't care, or he is very clever.

If he didn't bother about this, and this is just irrevalent to him, then I suppose he doesn't deserve this account.
0.75BTC is more worth to me than this account is worth to him.

Or he staged it, which is quite probable. The hacker waited 3 days, why? He knew he wouldn't change the password? No. There is just no hacker. Just the OP.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 09:10:10 AM

-snip-
The hacker waited 3 days, why?
-snip-

I just want to pick this point and add my opinion to it. The rest is pretty much between you two now. In our (not so little anymore) bitcoin world hackers typically target wallets and bitcoin related accounts. Among those are bitcointalk.org accounts. It is not commong for someone here to change their password on a regular basis. Humans are lazy. We change our passwords if we have to, if our sys admin makes us change them and if we can we just increase the number at the end. This is normal behaviour and huge security issue in larger companies. Thus its perfectly normal for a hacker to assume shared control over the account until they kick the other person out. Shared control allows for scams that would not be possible if the original owner catches wind of the hack. These include, but are not limited to taking loans with the account as collateral - risky, could be noticed - and selling the account. Almost without risk, because it can be done from an "alt" and outgoing PMs are pretty much never noticed. They can also be deleted.

Please dont read to much into it, its just an argument that its perfectly reasonable to assume a hacker does not change the password instantly.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:31:59 PM

-snip-
The hacker waited 3 days, why?
-snip-

I just want to pick this point and add my opinion to it. The rest is pretty much between you two now. In our (not so little anymore) bitcoin world hackers typically target wallets and bitcoin related accounts. Among those are bitcointalk.org accounts. It is not commong for someone here to change their password on a regular basis. Humans are lazy. We change our passwords if we have to, if our sys admin makes us change them and if we can we just increase the number at the end. This is normal behaviour and huge security issue in larger companies. Thus its perfectly normal for a hacker to assume shared control over the account until they kick the other person out. Shared control allows for scams that would not be possible if the original owner catches wind of the hack. These include, but are not limited to taking loans with the account as collateral - risky, could be noticed - and selling the account. Almost without risk, because it can be done from an "alt" and outgoing PMs are pretty much never noticed. They can also be deleted.

Please dont read to much into it, its just an argument that its perfectly reasonable to assume a hacker does not change the password instantly.

I have discussed that point already a few pages back. It is what intitially I thought.

But, when the chances are your PC is compromised, a normal person will change the passwords of everything that he has accessed from that PC or stored in that PC.

I am questioning that.
My point is, staging the hack will also have the same set of incidents happening.

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:26:11 AM

I have watched this unfold from the beginning, and I would like to interject for a second, though I know it's probably useless. I really didn't think it would be necessary, and had hopes that "TerraMaster" would be able to recover his account without incident. I see that this is not the direction that this is heading, and feel a responsibility to speak for a friend. I know that this will probably mean less-than-nothing, but I am morally obliged to do so, and know that he would do the same for me.

I have been acquainted with "TerraMaster" for a bit less than a year now. I first "met" him in the Fujicoin thread, and continued talking in that thread, as well as pm's about various things, such as his son's senior project (mining, specifically FJC), his testing of a VTC p2p pool (which I participated in), as well as other altcoin discussions, and a couple of irc chats.

I have to say, that my perception of him is that of an honest, friendly, helpful, sincere person. I have obviously had a couple of discussions with him since this started, and I am sure it is the same person. His writing/typing style is somewhat unique, as well as his grammar, and "speech" patterns.

I am totally convinced it's the original MinermanNC. I am aware that some unknown person vouching for another is pretty insignificant in this world of cons, scams, and greed, but I felt I must say something, or feel like very unworthy friend. Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 10:08:38 PM

Bump! and I am willing to sell it to him for 0.75BTC, the amount which I bought it for. Since, he was careless with downloading an infected wallet, I don't want to be liable for the same.

In fact I would be happy to restore the account for the amount, but only he isn't interested. Probably he has a few alts and he doesn't care and the account is not much valuable to him. I am only asking him, since I am not in a good financial condition myself. He also mentioned he wouldn't be paying a 'red dime' to get this account back. So, I am not very convinced he did not stage it. Even if he didn't, it still cannot be my fault. My only fault being overlooking a small part, which I regret, over other more important things at that moment.

And which idiot (no offence) will not change the password after downloading some wallet of an unheard coin and finds suitable reasons to believe that something is wrong with it?
I knew that wallet had issues when I wrote that post.. I turned off all processes that had mysteriously appeared.

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:42:25 PM

Bump! and I am willing to sell it to him for 0.75BTC, the amount which I bought it for. Since, he was careless with downloading an infected wallet, I don't want to be liable for the same.

In fact I would be happy to restore the account for the amount, but only he isn't interested. Probably he has a few alts and he doesn't care and the account is not much valuable to him. I am only asking him, since I am not in a good financial condition myself. He also mentioned he wouldn't be paying a 'red dime' to get this account back. So, I am not very convinced he did not stage it. Even if he didn't, it still cannot be my fault. My only fault being overlooking a small part, which I regret, over other more important things at that moment.

And which idiot (no offence) will not change the password after downloading some wallet of an unheard coin and finds suitable reasons to believe that something is wrong with it?
I knew that wallet had issues when I wrote that post.. I turned off all processes that had mysteriously appeared.

First. I am not an idiot, although I made an idiotic mistake with a bad wallet. Again, my first inclinations was that the hacker was after financial data, not bullshit like forum accounts and alike. Yes I changed approximately 15 accounts maybe more very quickly..... the last thing on my mind was bitcoin talk. Even then, the account was gone as soon as I had noticed the hack into my pc via backdoor Trojan. It would have made no difference in any attempt to change password as history showed, the damage was already done on my MMNC and scryptonite accounts. On your part, YOU bought the account foolishly and without any verifications.... so does that make you a fool? no it does not, no more then it makes me an idiot. So please refrain from the name calling.... it will get neither of us anywhere.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:56:31 PM

Willing to sell it to you for 0.75BTC the amount I bought it for.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: