Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Talk account hacked any way to recover?  (Read 10827 times)
SilenceOfTheLamb

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:52:21 AM

[...]
BTW, do you buy/sell forum accounts?

Sure does.  Boy Howdy! Cheesy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Today is March 31 2015 and this is quickseller from bitcointalk posting on my bitcointalk sales thread

I am selling my full member account

Starting at .135 BTC for full member accounts (one available)
  • .135 for 140+ activity accounts one available
[...]

@Quickseller
http://s14.postimg.org/b7o0zjfpt/betterdeadyots.jpg

Don't waste people's time, friend.  Just own it Smiley
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:56:25 AM

There is nothing wrong with buying and selling accounts if both parties agree, and the buying party does not have an intention to cheat the community or break any rules or spam the forum.

If an account is all you got and you needed money badly, you will sell it. As long as the buyer is legit, there is nothing wrong with it. I have been in newbie jail for a few months and know how it felt. No idea if it is still there, but there are too many limitations with a newbie account, on PMs posts and even the search!

I am not even wearing a signature now. I am abiding by the rules, and had no such intention when buying this. Near 100% of the posts after I found this incident had happened is in the thread alone.

I am only willing to give it back to him for the money I paid him, only because I can't afford to give it to him for free.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
geforcelover

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:03:21 AM

Hey, my account has been hacked and they changed password and apparently they changed email that I could have used to recover the password. Is there anyway to contact an Admin and get help? I may have a secret password set up, but not real sure now. Ok, any help is appreciated. I may just be screwed  Undecided

Was my Hero Account  Tongue Please help
Thank you

Umm i think you can recover your account here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
just sign message and follow the details given in the thread .

There is nothing wrong with buying and selling accounts if both parties agree, and the buying party does not have an intention to cheat the community or break any rules or spam the forum.

Buying selling account is allowed on the forum but selling hacked account is not allowed . if you got caught selling hacked or scammed account you will get ban too .
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:07:45 AM

Umm i think you can recover your account here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

(Usually) theymos doesn't involve in these type of things.

Buying selling account is allowed on the forum but selling hacked account is not allowed . if you got caught selling hacked or scammed account you will get ban too .

This is a new rule, obviously made by you or it was a mistake. "Scams aren't moderated" and also if there was a rule like that, I, Marco and few thers would have been banned long ago. I don't think this rule will ever come to existence because it is hard to know what is true and what is not.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:10:07 AM

(Usually) theymos doesn't involve in these type of things.

This is a new rule, obviously made by you or it was a mistake. "Scams aren't moderated" and also if there was a rule like that, I, Marco and few thers would have been banned long ago. I don't think this rule will ever come to existence because it is hard to know what is true and what is not.

What?  I must be misunderstanding you, MZ.  It sounds like you're confessing to scamming people, but surely this isn't the case.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2327

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:14:39 AM

Who did you scam? Are you an alt of FuckIdolPlus? You seemed to be pretty adamant about him not scamming even though it was pretty clear that he did, screenshots included.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:17:02 AM

When did this very silent thread become the new "lets talk about whether selling an account is ethical or not" thread? Please stay on topic or create a new one.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:30:49 AM

Hey, my account has been hacked and they changed password and apparently they changed email that I could have used to recover the password. Is there anyway to contact an Admin and get help? I may have a secret password set up, but not real sure now. Ok, any help is appreciated. I may just be screwed  Undecided

Was my Hero Account  Tongue Please help
Thank you

I think in this case, OP cannot submit a signed message associated with the account? Huh
Otherwise this shouldn't be certainly so many pages..

All those who sells hacked accounts will certainly be newbie accounts. There will be no sense in banning that. They will simply create a new account. Tongue
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:39:57 AM

What?  I must be misunderstanding you, MZ.  It sounds like you're confessing to scamming people, but surely this isn't the case.

I caused it. Those two lines were meant to be different but because of "and", you may saw a connection between those two lines. Why I said I, Marco and few other would be banned because there was threads in Meta saying the account was hacked after we sold it. So when geforcelovor said "if you got caught selling hacked or scammed account...", we may have got a ban.

Who did you scam? Are you an alt of FuckIdolPlus? You seemed to be pretty adamant about him not scamming even though it was pretty clear that he did, screenshots included.

No, I didn't scammed anyone and no, I am not alt of FuckIdolPlus. I wasn't trying to protect her either. I posted what FuckIdolPlus sent me but it all went slightly different, probably because how I talked. I think I must learn to talk English better. Why I doubted symantec was he told he didn't receive keys and he told she was avoiding. Avoiding was clearly seen but telling he didn't receive made me to doubt him a bit. However, I was trying to ask both but I didn't get answets from symantec like I though, however, FuckIdolPlus replied to my PMs. So I could only post what FuckIdolPlus said to me and symantec was just copy-pasting rather than replying. We can take to a new thread if you think I am alt or I was protecting her(maybe in scam accusation?).

Ume

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Finding oNlinE JoB ---=== :)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:25:17 AM

What?  I must be misunderstanding you, MZ.  It sounds like you're confessing to scamming people, but surely this isn't the case.

I caused it. Those two lines were meant to be different but because of "and", you may saw a connection between those two lines. Why I said I, Marco and few other would be banned because there was threads in Meta saying the account was hacked after we sold it. So when geforcelovor said "if you got caught selling hacked or scammed account...", we may have got a ban.

No, I didn't scammed anyone and no, I am not alt of FuckIdolPlus. I wasn't trying to protect her either. I posted what FuckIdolPlus sent me but it all went slightly different, probably because how I talked. I think I must learn to talk English better. Why I doubted symantec was he told he didn't receive keys and he told she was avoiding. Avoiding was clearly seen but telling he didn't receive made me to doubt him a bit. However, I was trying to ask both but I didn't get answets from symantec like I though, however, FuckIdolPlus replied to my PMs. So I could only post what FuckIdolPlus said to me and symantec was just copy-pasting rather than replying. We can take to a new thread if you think I am alt or I was protecting her(maybe in scam accusation?).

@MZ the same happened to me i got negative feedback form quickseller he says that i m alt of tacoman without proving and i m afraid that he will give you the negative trust too i dont know what is wrong with him ..
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:18:01 AM

When did this very silent thread become the new "lets talk about whether selling an account is ethical or not" thread? Please stay on topic or create a new one.

Given that more of the pages are dedicated to that discussion and that the OP is more or less solved perhaps we can just rename this discussion.

BTW, @hilliarousandco, I know that there a lot of grey areas in real life and that money buys its way to the front of the line in a lot of cases but I do find it a bit ironic that the forum says "no ban evasion, that will get you banned even harder" but then says "well, buying and selling accounts isn't exactly cool, but what can we do about it?".  I guess I find it funny that restricting account buying and selling is considered unenforceable and therefore acceptable but ban evasions are serious shit.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 11:31:48 AM

@MZ the same happened to me i got negative feedback form quickseller he says that i m alt of tacoman without proving and i m afraid that he will give you the negative trust too i dont know what is wrong with him ..

He has put a neutral feedback in my account but I have no problem in it. I respect his action/decision on it. Although, it was never my intention, I will have to accept his feedback.

I don't know about your case, so I can't comment on it and also, this isn't the right thread to discuss it. On a side note, I find Quickseller's feedback as appropriate. I haven't find him leaving feedback without a reason. I think you should contact him to know "why". If you still didn't get a good reply, post in Meta. Remember,  if you are really an alt of tacoman and Quickseller is able to prove it, more negative feedback will come.

Edit:

Given that more of the pages are dedicated to that discussion and that the OP is more or less solved perhaps we can just rename this discussion.

What shorena said is correct but I think creating a new thread will do nothing because many came and went down but it is worth a try.

BTW, @hilliarousandco, I know that there a lot of grey areas in real life and that money buys its way to the front of the line in a lot of cases but I do find it a bit ironic that the forum says "no ban evasion, that will get you banned even harder" but then says "well, buying and selling accounts isn't exactly cool, but what can we do about it?".  I guess I find it funny that restricting account buying and selling is considered unenforceable and therefore acceptable but ban evasions are serious shit.

It isn't enforceable but I am pretty sure it will reduce account sales.

TerraMaster (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:20:25 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 10:16:38 PM by TerraMaster

Willing to sell it to you for 0.75BTC the amount I bought it for.

So, I just want to make sure I understand. According to your logic here, if someone broke in to my house, and made off with my 60" Plasma TV, then sold it to someone, I would be expected to pay the person back who bought it from the thief? Because I'm thinking that it would be confiscated, and given back to it's rightful owner. I know it's unpleasant, and financially harmful, to be taken advantage of in this way, but seriously, it's like a hostage situation, and it's somewhat ugly. I can understand completely that you want your "money" back... but fair is fair. The noblest thing to do would be to give the "TV" back. Asking to help you out by offering you something so you don't lose your whole amount? Yeah - don't blame you for trying. Expecting to get your whole purchase price back? I think that's a bit of an unreasonable request. If your car gets stolen because you left it unlocked with the keys in it, the person that the thief sold it to doesn't get to keep it just because it was "your own fault". Nor does he get to charge you what he paid for it before he returns it. At this point, any offer made to you would be generous, because no offer should have to be made. But maybe that's just my twisted logic.

Not looking for any arguments, merely trying to understand this better.
No. It is more like he went to the OP's house, paid for it and didn't get a receipt. Then the seller is claiming that he did not actually sell the TV
You just can't seem to except that maybe, just maybe I am telling the truth, what exactly is your problem? Give it up. You are still barking up the wrong tree.  Some say you are straight up and a plus to have around, but you have not given 1 molecule of open mindedness to the possible truth of the facts I have presented. I just don't understand. When I am hero member status again, Ill be sure not to ask you for any favors. You seem to think your view is the only one that counts in here... and of course it has to be the right one, no one else possibly could be right.....

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
SilenceOfTheLamb

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

A seller of forum accounts siding with people buying those accounts?  Who would'a thunk?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 10:44:31 PM

-snip-

The issue is not resolved, but I guess I can just read by the discussion and focus on the rest of the thread.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:56:13 PM

A seller of forum accounts siding with people buying those accounts?  Who would'a thunk?

lol  Grin ya really.... I just now caught that actually, amazing

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:05:47 PM

-snip-

The issue is not resolved, but I guess I can just read by the discussion and focus on the rest of the thread.

Well, if and when this is resolved, why not just keep the thread open for these types of diverse discussions that are" somewhat related lol or for others needing help as well  Cool

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:46:59 PM

Hi, I kind of "know" MinermanNC (the original) from the ongoing, never ending, gaw scam thread from many months ago.

I'm not going to argue about what's transpired here or otherwise, but as someone who has :

1. never sold anything here, so has never sent any BTC address to anyone or posted it
2. Just realized my account is doing pretty good on activity. Wink

How can I ensure in the future that if this happens to me, I can recover my account?

Can i send myself a PM with a btc address i use/own and hope and keep the pm number, will that will work if i get hacked etc?

Is there a thread for posting addresses, even though i understand a hacker could delete it etc? (I had one in my btc setting on my profile, but google only brings up a link to one of my posts from a long while ago, and of course, hackers change this too).

thanks, and sorry for your predicament MinermanNC, good to see you back on the gaw funny farm thread too. Wink

Cheers & thanks all! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:24:30 AM

Hi, I kind of "know" MinermanNC (the original) from the ongoing, never ending, gaw scam thread from many months ago.

I'm not going to argue about what's transpired here or otherwise, but as someone who has :

1. never sold anything here, so has never sent any BTC address to anyone or posted it
2. Just realized my account is doing pretty good on activity. Wink

How can I ensure in the future that if this happens to me, I can recover my account?

Can i send myself a PM with a btc address i use/own and hope and keep the pm number, will that will work if i get hacked etc?

Is there a thread for posting addresses, even though i understand a hacker could delete it etc? (I had one in my btc setting on my profile, but google only brings up a link to one of my posts from a long while ago, and of course, hackers change this too).

thanks, and sorry for your predicament MinermanNC, good to see you back on the gaw funny farm thread too. Wink

Cheers & thanks all! Smiley

Give this a go - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Aha, brilliant, thank you kindly sir! Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██