Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:44:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Patrick A. Murck?  (Read 7657 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 06:59:59 PM

How can the following be true when it's been proven that he doesn't have a license to practice law in the state of Washington? http://lawyers.legalhelpmate.com/WA-Lawyer-Patrick-Murck-909178.aspx

Patrick A. Murck, Attorney at Law.
Patrick Murck has a law practice in Seattle (WA)

This Lawyer has extensive experience representing clients in Business Law, Computer & Internet Related Crimes, Intellectual Property matters.
Contact Info:
Phone: 703-608-8864
Fax:
Main Office Location:
7541 32nd Ave, NW
Seattle, WASHINGTON, 98117
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 07:02:08 PM

Where was that proven, Phinn?

You should take a deep breath and slow down a bit. Maybe grab a couple beers, smoke a cigar, relax a bit...
BitBuster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 07:23:12 PM

On that page is a "law dictionary" and the two terms defined were "alter ego" and "corporate opportunity". I now need to pick myself up after ROFLMAO!

BB.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 07:29:12 PM

Didn't someone say he was licensed in the District of Columbia, not the state of Washington?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 07:59:42 PM

Taken from that same page, on the tab that says "Qualification" at the bottom
Bar Admissions

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (DC) 2009
    VIRGINIA (VA) 2006

Professional Organizations and Memberships

American Bar Association
    Federal Communications Bar Association
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 08:04:51 PM

Didn't someone say he was licensed in the District of Columbia, not the state of Washington?

That is correct. The state of Washington does not recognize him as one that can legally practice law is said state.

Also, why was this page changed?

From: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DKU0RjNXYu4J:www.avvo.com/attorneys/98117-wa-patrick-murck-1805177.html+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

To: http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/patrick-murck-1805177.html

The former, dated July 23, 2011, clearly shows him practicing law in Seattle, whereupon the later, changed within the past week, excludes that relative information.

Call me a nut, if you will, but as some other member here was so kind to point out, we have the classic case of the fox guarding the hen house (paraphrased).

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 08:10:59 PM

Bar Admissions

VIRGINIA (VA) 2006

American Bar Association

Does that mean that he can safely practice that form of law in any of the 50 states? And why was it that the first time this was brought to light, those close to him tried to refute the same claim?

Perhaps, if Patrick A. Murck would be so kind as to offer up proof to this community that he's in capacity to practice said law in the state of Washingtion, we can get pass this issue.

I, personally, what to know what is his relationship to William W. Murck, who also is a lawyer practicing from the same Washington, D.C. address.

I will refrain from making the connection to Kevin Lim, aka Zhou Tong (or is it versa visa?), until this point has been addressed.

~Bruno~
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:25:00 PM

Bar Admissions

VIRGINIA (VA) 2006

American Bar Association

Does that mean that he can safely practice that form of law in any of the 50 states? And why was it that the first time this was brought to light, those close to him tried to refute the same claim?

Perhaps, if Patrick A. Murck would be so kind as to offer up proof to this community that he's in capacity to practice said law in the state of Washingtion, we can get pass this issue.

I, personally, what to know what is his relationship to William W. Murck, who also is a lawyer practicing from the same Washington, D.C. address.

I will refrain from making the connection to Kevin Lim, aka Zhou Tong (or is it versa visa?), until this point has been addressed.

~Bruno~

I hope that connection is better than the last 3 or 4 you presented us.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 09:59:02 PM

Bruno, take a couple of days off this weekend and go do something totally unrelated to Bitcoin and the Bitcoinica drama.  You're not doing your own mental health any good trying to find evidence of some grand Bitcoinica conspiracy in which no-one is what they seem.  If there's evidence to be found, it will still be there in a couple of days.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 10:01:13 PM

Bruno, take a couple of days off this weekend and go do something totally unrelated to Bitcoin and the Bitcoinica drama.  You're not doing your own mental health any good trying to find evidence of some grand Bitcoinica conspiracy in which no-one is what they seem.  If there's evidence to be found, it will still be there in a couple of days.
+1

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 10:19:48 PM

Gotta forgive him.... he need mental bills from internet.

What a lonely 52 yrs old human.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:04:12 PM

+1

+2
blakdawg

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:20:30 PM

The former, dated July 23, 2011, clearly shows him practicing law in Seattle, whereupon the later, changed within the past week, excludes that relative information.

Chances are Avvo got his address from one of the jurisdictions where he's licensed. An attorney can be licensed in one jurisdiction and live in another.

Actually practicing law in a jurisdiction where one isn't licensed is dicier. However, the definition of "practicing law" can be slippery. Traditionally, an attorney licensed in any US jurisdiction can appear in any Federal court, or can work on federal matters such as patent (and perhaps FCC issues, I've never done FCC work and don't know what's common with that). To practice within a state or appear in state courts, the attorney would need to be licensed in that state, or be admitted pro hac vice and appear together with a locally licensed attorney.

If an attorney is physically sitting in State X, talking on the phone to a client who's physically sitting in State Y, discussing a lawsuit to be filed in a state court in State Z . . . well, it's a mess. The safest thing would be for the attorney to be licensed in X, Y, and Z, though most people believe that being licensed in X and Z would be sufficient to protect the attorney from charges of practicing without a license, and just being licensed in X or Z is probably good enough, if the action to be filed in Z will be handled by locally licensed counsel.

Also, many states will allow an attorney who is licensed in some jurisdiction (DC is popular because their bar exam is comparatively easy and their yearly dues are comparatively low) to work in-house as corporate counsel in another jurisdiction, but the attorney cannot appear in court on behalf of the corporation, nor may they represent anyone other than the corporation.

In the modern world, where people do a lot of business electronically and the client and the attorney may never actually meet in person, it's not necessarily clear what the rules are. Historically, the definition of "the practice of law" which is forbidden to people not licensed in the jurisdiction has been left intentionally vague, and prosecutors/bar counsel use the vagueness to punish people they see as bad actors, and ignore people they see as virtuous. If you think that doesn't really sound like "law", well, I agree with you.

I don't know any of the Murcks, but my hunch is that the DC Murck is a family member of the WA Murck, who allowed the WA Murck to use his address (since WA Murck is licensed in DC) so that people on the Internet don't get all huffy about the WA address. From Google Maps, it looks like a residential address, so that's probably the guy's house, and it's perfectly possible he never even knew about/thought about Avvo, since they make pages for attorneys whether the attorneys want them or not. If the WA Murck is going to take on a public role in the Bitcoinica problem, he's probably not crazy about having his home address on the Internet.

It's pretty common for one attorney to share offices with another attorney who needs a local address to receive mail or meet with clients, since often clients prefer to be able to sit down with someone in an office close to them. I used to work with a guy who had 3 difference CA "offices" in different metropolitan areas, though he only paid rent for one of them - the other two were friends who had a reciprocal office-sharing agreement. This is unremarkable and not suspicious in the legal community.
virtuallylaw

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:42:01 PM

Hey Forums, I am Patrick Murck,

I have clients in several states, but my firm is based out of Washington, DC. The type of work I do you could hire a firm anywhere to do: it's Federal law.  When something comes up that requires state law knowledge (in NY or WA, or wherever) that is contracted to someone licensed to practice there.

I cannot comment on any questions covered by Attorney-Client privilege, but if you'd like to ask me something, you can email me at patrick at engagelegal dot com.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 12:42:34 AM

What is your legal opinion on smoking reefer?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 03:51:45 AM

@Phinnaeus In every thread you post about an identity uncovering, they pile on gang bang you like clockwork, 1-2-3. WTF.
Who the fuck is Nemesis that as a newbie starts fucking with the regulars like he's part of the scene already.

Oh, shit...sockpupet! But who?  Lips sealed

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 03:57:45 AM

What is your legal opinion on smoking reefer?

LOL

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 06:59:09 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2012, 07:10:25 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

@Phinnaeus In every thread you post about an identity uncovering, they pile on gang bang you like clockwork, 1-2-3. WTF.
Who the fuck is Nemesis that as a newbie starts fucking with the regulars like he's part of the scene already.

Oh, shit...sockpupet! But who?  Lips sealed

They fear that I'm getting too close to the truth, and what really bothers them is that they know that I have no fear of them. I've already given the crossroads of where I live in Sandwich, IL. A picture of my truck is on this forum and said truck is parked in my driveway. I am so easy to find, it's unreal. Anybody is welcome to stop by and confront Bruno anyway they choose. I don't own a gun, nor is there one easily at my disposal, as far as I know. They are welcome to bring whatever weapon they choose and have as many people with them to help complete any task they that may have in mind. Fair warning, though--I do have two lines of defense to protect myself. One, is my dog, of which I've posted an image of here many a times. The other, well I guess they will have to find that out for themselves. Although I don't take threats lightly, getting threaten does give me solace. It's been said that it's the silent types one should fear.

That said, expect more leaks, soon--by me. I'm not yet done with the Patrick Murck and Zhou Tong research, therefore will need to hold off on disclosing what else I've found.

Maybe I should take a couple days off and fully enjoy a long visit to myfreecams.com. Did you know that some of those girls have already been accepting Bitcoin? They get paid in blocks of 50 to their addresses and then let them set there, not cashing them out. Wait till you find out where that investigation leads. Hint: It involves another major hack(?) a while back that seems to be completely forgotten or, dare I say, brush under Rassah's coffee table (does not concern Rassah), and I'm not talking about MyBitCoin, although there may be a connection, but I've yet to make it. All the same, it'll be a breakthrough nonetheless. The reason for holding back is that I either need to present a more convincing argument with my current investigations or be prepared to give everybody here BlowBobs due to my incompetence. Please, Jehovah, let it be the former.

Once I've completed my current investigations, I'll proceed with the one I've just outlined above. Perhaps, by then, my ignore count will be lowered to, I don't know, maybe zero?

To all other concerns, feel free to continue emailing me. I enjoy the reads.

~Bruno~
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 04:04:44 PM

My I ask what your day job is?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 05:38:33 PM

My I ask what your day job is?

I'm not sure who you're asking this of, Andrew, but I'll answer it nonetheless.

I'm an independent reclaimed lumber supplier, buying and selling mainly century-old barn wood around the Chicagoland area.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: