Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ► Cryptonic PHYSICAL MONERO  (Read 19042 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:32:32 PM

Pre-ordered pure silver Moneroj have been produced and now are prepared for shipment.

One pure silver Monero will be reserved for HM The King if he kindly agree to accept it as a thank you for all his invaluable contributions...

We can force it to be produced before the first one available for sale!

Since the maker of these coins has shown recognition to our Royal Majesty, we find it worthy and expedient to procure the first CKG gold coin ever minted and gift it to him in exchange.

CR1400E-1 history is as follows. The very day Crypto Kingdom idea first surfaced to the King and Earl d'Armacnac, in 1400 A.D. (2014-10-10), the gold started flowing to the Kingdom (consisting of those two noblemen alone, basically, before there was a anyone else, or a street or a building in the town). On the very first year, 10,000 CKG were mined, and the King felt so grateful towards the Earl that he gifted all of it to him. The gift included 20*CR1400E allocated gold coins, the rest being unallocated, of which no items survive.

The game started and went on for 200 years (until March, 2015). During this time the CryptoTown was founded, other Boroughs were opened, more people submitted themselves to the rule of the King, and the Kingdom now has 93 Ancient characters and 1871 NPC's. Hundreds of buildings were constructed, 10,000s of XMR were spent on beautifying them, etc.

Then the gold mining stopped and it was the time that people became interested in what they have. The records from 200 years of gold transfers were opened and the current owner of about 5,000 gold coins was meticulously found out. Each of the 20*CR1400E that were minted from the first gold existing, still belonged to their original recipient, now His Grace The Bishop, Marquess d'Armagnac, MG-3, AOK-K, AOD-Maj, etc.

Since gold coin collecting had become big in the Kingdom while the game was paused and under preparation for the transfer to the Online version, and many wanted to get their hands in these coins, perhaps the most valuable there is and will be, HG The Bishop has distributed 18/20 of the to the market and the coin now has a float of 8, meaning that this many of the coins belong to people who have more than 1.  

HM The King has bought back, at a full price, some of the coins he originally gifted. This was determined to be the first one of the mint run and will now be given to Cryptonic. It will reside in the game.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bms2013
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:16:21 PM

Hmmm,very nice coins!
cryptonic21 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:56:32 AM

Pre-ordered pure silver Moneroj have been produced and now are prepared for shipment.

One pure silver Monero will be reserved for HM The King if he kindly agree to accept it as a thank you for all his invaluable contributions...

We can force it to be produced before the first one available for sale!

Since the maker of these coins has shown recognition to our Royal Majesty, we find it worthy and expedient to procure the first CKG gold coin ever minted and gift it to him in exchange.

CR1400E-1 history is as follows. The very day Crypto Kingdom idea first surfaced to the King and Earl d'Armacnac, in 1400 A.D. (2014-10-10), the gold started flowing to the Kingdom (consisting of those two noblemen alone, basically, before there was a anyone else, or a street or a building in the town). On the very first year, 10,000 CKG were mined, and the King felt so grateful towards the Earl that he gifted all of it to him. The gift included 20*CR1400E allocated gold coins, the rest being unallocated, of which no items survive.

The game started and went on for 200 years (until March, 2015). During this time the CryptoTown was founded, other Boroughs were opened, more people submitted themselves to the rule of the King, and the Kingdom now has 93 Ancient characters and 1871 NPC's. Hundreds of buildings were constructed, 10,000s of XMR were spent on beautifying them, etc.

Then the gold mining stopped and it was the time that people became interested in what they have. The records from 200 years of gold transfers were opened and the current owner of about 5,000 gold coins was meticulously found out. Each of the 20*CR1400E that were minted from the first gold existing, still belonged to their original recipient, now His Grace The Bishop, Marquess d'Armagnac, MG-3, AOK-K, AOD-Maj, etc.

Since gold coin collecting had become big in the Kingdom while the game was paused and under preparation for the transfer to the Online version, and many wanted to get their hands in these coins, perhaps the most valuable there is and will be, HG The Bishop has distributed 18/20 of the to the market and the coin now has a float of 8, meaning that this many of the coins belong to people who have more than 1.  

HM The King has bought back, at a full price, some of the coins he originally gifted. This was determined to be the first one of the mint run and will now be given to Cryptonic. It will reside in the game.

Thank you very much, Your Majesty! It is an honor to be a part of Crypto Kingdom history!

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:57:38 AM

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:28:57 PM

What is the weight/dimentions of silver ones?
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:34:58 PM

Very nice! Looking forward to it Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 01:08:48 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 10:39:16 PM by cryptonic21

What is the weight/dimentions of silver ones?

Diameter: 3.8 cm (1.5'')
Thickness: 3 mm
Weight: 34 gr (~ 1.09 ounce)

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:37:14 AM

I wonder what box is mine??  Smiley

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 02:34:33 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 02:50:53 AM by cryptonic21

I wonder what box is mine??  Smiley

Number 5 Smiley

Very nice! Looking forward to it Smiley

Exactly at this moment the boxes are being prepared for shipment at postal office.

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 11:13:39 AM

All the coins from the latest batch just shipped have two sets of random base58 characters engraved according to the proposal by fluffypony. In the future it will allow to link the physical moneroj to Monero accounts at MyMonero / simplewallet / whatever GUI supports it directly without a need of Cryptonic.net.

More details can be found at: https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/221/creating-a-standard-for-physical-coins. Please feel free to join the conversation.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:18:15 PM

How many ounces does each .999x Monero coin weigh? I don't see that information in the OP or on the website.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 10:31:22 PM

How many ounces does each .999x Monero coin weigh? I don't see that information in the OP or on the website.

Thanks. We should definitely make this information more visible.

~ 1.09 oz (~ 34 gr).

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 03:07:09 PM

To make everything clear I want to bring some information to the surface. It can be treated as a social contract.

By now we have produced 21 pure silver Moneroj. Initially we wanted to reserve few coins from this batch for ourselves with an intention to auction them later. But all the coins with the exception of the very first pure silver Monero reserved for HM the King have been almost instantly sold out. So no coins left for us from this batch.

We decided to limit the possible number of pure silver 2014 Moneroj to 108 coins as maximum. No more than 87 pure silver 2014 Moneroj will be produced by us in the future to keep them rare and boost the future 'collector' value.

2014 is the year of Monero's birthday. So these very rare coins can be particularly valuable in the future.

2015 is also very important year for Monero. It's the year of fundamentals and initial understanding for broader audiences its real benefits including the technology, economy and people behind it.

We will limit the number of pure silver 2015 Moneroj to 777.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:42:34 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG I'm more more excited than both Pointer Sisters combined!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 06:09:29 PM

OMG I'm more more excited than both Pointer Sisters combined!

Your box is number 6 Smiley Smiley

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 08:35:54 PM

21 pure silver coins have been produced recently, but if you look into the postal boxes above you can notice that there are little more coins! Actually 27. Yes, 21 pure silver coins and 6 silver plated ones are there. These silver plated coins were produced in September 2014 and upgraded in March 2015 to get second set of base58 characters. Now they are also fully compatible with the proposed standard for physical Monero coins.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 09:34:55 AM

Wow, I must say those are some very fine looking coins for your first design! I have one or more of almost every physical Bitcoin & other cryptos, and also a silverbug, so I am very interested in these! I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to Monero though, and the first question that came to my mind was wondering what the "Moneroj" was in relation to Monero?

I think it's a pretty cool idea with the base58 characters engraved on the side of each coin, though I don't fully understand how all of that will work, I think I get the gist of it. Very interesting that you are able to come up with a way to assign a physical crypto coin to a specific crypto address without going the traditional 'private key contained underneath tamper-evident hologram' route. I had to post right away, as I rarely ever venture into the altcoin sections, and didn't want to forget about this thread. Going to check out your website now to hopefully learn some of my ignorance away.  Smiley

qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:04:00 AM

master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 10:24:02 PM

Wow, nice coins. Definitely one of the nicer looking physical altcoins.

I'm wondering, how wear-proof is the color (the orange and blue?) on the front of the coin? Meaning, can it be easily scratched?

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:36:05 PM

and the first question that came to my mind was wondering what the "Moneroj" was in relation to Monero?

Moneroj is to Monero what Bitcoins is to Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: