Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:18:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next bitcoin bubble will be massive  (Read 15292 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 01:54:16 AM

I've sold my house last week. Documents should be signed within 2 weeks at the notary and I will then convert some of the funds into BTC.

Watch-out for the bubble when I hit the market  Grin

You should hit the securities section and see about options. Maybe you can get a reasonably priced right to buy at $13 for the next month or something.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:56:17 AM

I've sold my house last week. Documents should be signed within 2 weeks at the notary and I will then convert some of the funds into BTC.

You should hit the securities section and see about options. Maybe you can get a reasonably priced right to buy at $13 for the next month or something.
That's exactly what I was trying to figure right now but I personally wish there will be a small drop in price Cheesy
bb113 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:59:25 AM

Haha, kim dotcom (not saying you are him) is gunna sell his 20 mil USD house and put half into bitcoins, and the other half into lawyers. This thread is getting ridiculous now.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 02:05:48 AM

Haha, kim dotcom (not saying you are him) is gunna sell his 20 mil USD house and put half into bitcoins, and the other half into lawyers. This thread is getting ridiculous now.

I cashed in some of my superranuation awhile ago and bought bitcoins at $5-$6  Cheesy

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:09:57 AM

I was ironic. I don't plan on putting all my money on one large buy order so I should not move the market at all.
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:13:26 AM

I was ironic. I don't plan on putting all my money on one large buy order so I should not move the market at all.

So you don't deny that it is a 20 mil house...
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:15:53 AM

This was meant for speculation (obviously). Please move if you see this, mods. Sorry about that, someone was talking to me as I was posting it...
You can click "Report to moderator" and request a move.

Tried it:
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:17:48 AM

So you don't deny that it is a 20 mil house...
This is way more than I will ever pay for a house unless it come with a private self-sustaining island.  Cool
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:44:43 AM

Seriously people, we need a viable reason for the price to be increasing other than "because it is".

You profess to have learned from the past bubble, but it's clear that people have learned very little.

For example, bitcoin is not a perfect system, it couldn't cope with anything like the transaction volume of even a small stock exchange, hell it'd struggle with 1% of that amount. People were even complaining recently about network issues from satoshidice, when we were running a mere 50,000 transactions per day. That's nothing in finance.

So, bitcoin's market cap currently exceeds $100m. Is it worth it? Possibly. It's certainly more worth it than it was last year, but even so we need to keep some sort of perspective on what a highly speculative and potentially flawed digital currency is "worth", rather than running off into fantasy land and pretending we're not the ones at fault the next time there's a crash.

People on here have such tragically short memories - only last October everyone was totally sure the price was going to $1. I bought a bunch at $2.10-2.75 just because, despite it being relatively high risk, I believed that bitcoin had value much greater than the $20m or so it was valued at at the time. Nobody wanted to lend BTC in quantity on the forums then either, now everybody's doing it.

Please people, let us not repeat this retarded cycle of dot-com-era style insane valuations and "what could possibly go wrong?" buying, followed by crisis, followed by "It's all over!" selling. We've been here once before.

Rapid price expansion isn't even good for bitcoin. The time of greatest expansion and actual trade in bitcoin was in the 3-month or so window that various people held the price between $4.90 and $5.10. Merchants need stability. If you want to build an actual currency here, stop acting like get-rich-quick naive forex traders and start thinking of what you can buy in bitcoin (asides dollars) that would require you to buy as many as you have.
Because protip: If you can't think of something sensible you'd buy with all the coins you've amassed, chances are the economy doesn't support the price you paid for them  Wink

Anyway, I know nobody's going to listen to me, so WOO! $50 by October!
foo

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:51:33 AM

This was meant for speculation (obviously). Please move if you see this, mods. Sorry about that, someone was talking to me as I was posting it...

Tried it:
Oops. OK, I reported it.

I know this because Tyler knows this.
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 03:04:23 AM

Seriously people, we need a viable reason for the price to be increasing other than "because it is".

You profess to have learned from the past bubble, but it's clear that people have learned very little.

For example, bitcoin is not a perfect system, it couldn't cope with anything like the transaction volume of even a small stock exchange, hell it'd struggle with 1% of that amount. People were even complaining recently about network issues from satoshidice, when we were running a mere 50,000 transactions per day. That's nothing in finance.

So, bitcoin's market cap currently exceeds $100m. Is it worth it? Possibly. It's certainly more worth it than it was last year, but even so we need to keep some sort of perspective on what a highly speculative and potentially flawed digital currency is "worth", rather than running off into fantasy land and pretending we're not the ones at fault the next time there's a crash.

People on here have such tragically short memories - only last October everyone was totally sure the price was going to $1. I bought a bunch at $2.10-2.75 just because, despite it being relatively high risk, I believed that bitcoin had value much greater than the $20m or so it was valued at at the time. Nobody wanted to lend BTC in quantity on the forums then either, now everybody's doing it.

Please people, let us not repeat this retarded cycle of dot-com-era style insane valuations and "what could possibly go wrong?" buying, followed by crisis, followed by "It's all over!" selling. We've been here once before.

Rapid price expansion isn't even good for bitcoin. The time of greatest expansion and actual trade in bitcoin was in the 3-month or so window that various people held the price between $4.90 and $5.10. Merchants need stability. If you want to build an actual currency here, stop acting like get-rich-quick naive forex traders and start thinking of what you can buy in bitcoin (asides dollars) that would require you to buy as many as you have.
Because protip: If you can't think of something sensible you'd buy with all the coins you've amassed, chances are the economy doesn't support the price you paid for them  Wink

I think you've misunderstood me. I think this is exactly what is happening, and that is what got people interested in the internet. They didn't want to at first but it was good for them that they did. Buy in now and sell when it peaks.

Putting bitcoin volatility in context, Mystery chart:

The x axis is determined by a rough estimation of how often "the coin gets flipped".

Can you explain in a bit more detail, bitcoinbitcoin113? I'm intrigued.

Its just showing usd/btc daily vs nasdaq composite monthly. The ratio of btc-time to nasdaq-time varies. It starts out at 1 btc day = 1 nasdaq month and has been approaching "parity" or whatever you want to call it. You can see that bubbles like the 2011 one are not uncommon, they usually just take longer to unfold and involve more people.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 03:19:31 AM

[Yabber Yabber Yabber]

Well good then we're in agreement. :-)

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 04:14:12 AM

So what's your call on the second drop down if it is going to bubble up to 50$?
something between 10 or 20$?

Twister Trojan

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 04:38:59 AM

Great, I'll always have some ready to sell to you as my mining cost per BTC is currently about $3. I love Bitcoin, and I sell them every day.
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 06:11:06 AM

This is how markets works, you won't see the price stable until bitcoins reach a price discovery. Right now is a good time to buy as many bitcoins you can possibly buy before the reward gets cut in half. I would not be surprise if bitcoins reach 30 before the reward gets cut in half. Supply n Demand tells me there is only 21 million bitcoins, and only 10.5 million that will be available before the reward gets cut in half. Don't kick your self for taking profit to only buy higher.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 06:13:36 AM

Keep in mind how many people have no concept at all of how markets work. I didn't when I first bought in.

Good for you. I still only have a concept of how to market worked up to the present point in time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 08:23:15 AM

Think about it...The shorts are drunk after lolla. SELL.... or is it longs. BUY...

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 11:08:44 AM

I don't think the same scenario will happen exactly for a second time. People are remembering that big bubble and will avoid another one. Also, the market is getting stronger and more people are involve in bitcoin than last year so we will probably not see a big collapse after a big rise on the pricing. I think bitcoin has get more maturity and is ready for something else.

any idea on how many people involved? I would think a lot of people were in before/during the bubble and are gone now

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:52:18 PM

Dumb and dumber, bubble or not, two things: Draghi and Bernanke
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:02:20 PM

Tried it:

Why would you need to do that? You can move your own threads Wink
There is(or was?) a "MOVE TOPIC" link below every thread you start.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: