Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:44:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: i quit  (Read 142513 times)
lordcisco

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:48:19 PM

after a lot of testing and coding and doing today with d57heinz and xSpooky i am afraid that the core code of the coin is so messed up that my best trow at it is to hard fork the coin with a complete new codebase. as the dev is unwilling or unable to fix the code so we don't fork all the time.

i don't want to spend another day trying to do the dev's job unless community is behind it. So best is to see what all others say about it.

Sounds like a viable and permanent solution to me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:52:44 PM

after a lot of testing and coding and doing today with d57heinz and xSpooky i am afraid that the core code of the coin is so messed up that my best trow at it is to hard fork the coin with a complete new codebase. as the dev is unwilling or unable to fix the code so we don't fork all the time.

i don't want to spend another day trying to do the dev's job unless community is behind it. So best is to see what all others say about it.

Sounds like a viable and permanent solution to me

Well I would say that if it isn't fixed soon then any fix will not be sufficient to save it.  If it stays stuck for an extended period everyone will just dump as soon as it is fixed.  Obviously if it isn't fixed at all then it is doomed.  So if a viable fix can actually be done soon then that would be the best option no matter what it means in terms of rollbacks or forks or whatever.
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:55:56 PM

there won't be any rollback or what so ever. its just grabbing a new code base and grab genesis etc etc and implement into new codebase.

genesis and working chain will then decide where it start etc. thats only way to keep coins we got in the normal working days also.

Best is still if dev just show up and take responsibility for what he created in the first place.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
bitrev

Activity: 335

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:00:50 PM

there won't be any rollback or what so ever. its just grabbing a new code base and grab genesis etc etc and implement into new codebase.

genesis and working chain will then decide where it start etc. thats only way to keep coins we got in the normal working days also.

Best is still if dev just show up and take responsibility for what he created in the first place.

Honestly I hope we will find a more dedicated dev then this one. The, expertise, time and effort he paid to this project are at a bare minimum.

Since it is thursday here, I hope we as the community can point out a new, more dedicated dev.

The pro's for this project are tremendous; new website,video etc. Dedicated community in combination with a faster confirmation makes it a potential top coin.

MinerFTW

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:16:17 PM

it's not that only.

i can make this coin work without problems with new codebase.

but that means we keep all coins we gained until now on the explorer chain etc etc. because there holds the line we following.
if we copy the right info from this code to a new code all coins we have and had remain in our wallets. but like i said. i have spend all day trying to come up with fixes. also xspooky but a dime in the bag and so did d57heinz.
i have my own coin i have to look after and don't want to waist a lot of time on something thats not wanted. thats my point.

i have a large stake in this coin also and invested a lot (im high on rich list) and most i got to hear today when trying to fix was but where are my coins i staked while chains where fucked up. i can tell 1 thing a coin is not about the coin only its the supporters that make a great coin. ppl who stakes now 1000% didn't stake them either when they where on the correct chain etc.

So 1 more time will we make/keep up this community and fix the crap out of the coin or are we waiting till Dev dares to show up finally (i can tell you 1 thing for sure. a rebase of the coin isn't going to be fast like all want here in 10 minutes. i am willing to spend time on it but i don't do magic and also only a human who try to help out. a rebase will take time ).

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
CryptoChaser

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:26:42 PM

it's not that only.

but that means we keep all coins we gained until now on the explorer chain etc etc. because there holds the line we following.
if we copy the right info from this code to a new code all coins we have and had remain in our wallets. but like i said. i have spend all day trying to come up with fixes. also xspooky but a dime in the bag and so did d57heinz.
i have my own coin i have to look after and don't want to waist a lot of time on something thats not wanted. thats my point.

i have a large stake in this coin also and invested a lot (im high on rich list) and most i got to hear today when trying to fix was but where are my coins i staked while chains where fucked up. i can tell 1 thing a coin is not about the coin only its the supporters that make a great coin. ppl who stakes now 1000% didn't stake them either when they where on the correct chain etc.

So 1 more time will we make/keep up this community and fix the crap out of the coin or are we waiting till Dev dares to show up finally (i can tell you 1 thing for sure. a rebase of the coin isn't going to be fast like all want here in 10 minutes. i am willing to spend time on it but i don't do magic and also only a human who try to help out. a rebase will take time ).

I support this idea fully - it's what we're been trying to avoid all day, but it's the only way to move forward properly.
Yes, it will take a few days - so what - we also add a few minor and cosmetic changes to the wallet which will further justify the wait.
We start a fund to compensate you for your dedication - the community wins! 

xPooky

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:43:51 PM

i am in, since there is no other way
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:48:19 PM

i am in, since there is no other way

I back this 100% as I see no other solution.. I appreciate you taking the time to do this and will see to it that you hold a proper share of this coin for your efforts.. Thanks so much

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
mellon
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1002

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:49:09 PM

I'm totally agree with hardfork on block number 40k. Exactly with new strong chain and database and premine in amount of coins that be mined for block 40K for exchange it on old one to one. And destroying all that not be changed. I'm want to offer change PoS rewards detail,exactly time of halfing. It's very large in my point of view. With PoS 2.0 we can set amount of reward in coins not in percentage. It's better stimulated ppl to hold coins and to buy more now for getting long profit,simple because it's easy to understand and calculate. So I'm want to ask what you think about that and how it's difficult to realize here next scheme :
1. Not halving,but discris rewards on 20% every three months first year. In coins ( 8000,6000,4000)
2. After first age rewards would be discris to 4K per block and that amount would be halving every year.
It's of course make less total amount of coins.Its such a example for more clear understanding each other. About Ending constants in time and amount part would be setting only after your feedback and if you are sure appreciate it. Ty.

P.S. : But I'm don't know how I'm change my coins if I'm cannot open my wallet.dat Cry

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
.steepcoinproject@gmail.com.
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:56:30 PM

I'm totally agree with hardfork on block number 40k. Exactly with new strong chain and database and premine in amount of coins that be mined for block 40K for exchange it on old one to one. And destroying all that not be changed. I'm want to offer change PoS rewards detail,exactly time of halfing. It's very large in my point of view. With PoS 2.0 we can set amount of reward in coins not in percentage. It's better stimulated ppl to hold coins and to buy more now for getting long profit,simple because it's easy to understand and calculate. So I'm want to ask what you think about that and how it's difficult to realize here next scheme :
1. Not halving,but discris rewards on 20% every three months first year. In coins ( 8000,6000,4000)
2. After first age rewards would be discris to 4K per block and that amount would be halving every year.
It's of course make less total amount of coins.Its such a example for more clear understanding each other. About Ending constants in time and amount part would be setting only after your feedback and if you are sure appreciate it. Ty.

P.S. : But I'm don't know how I'm change my coins if I'm cannot open my wallet.dat Cry

A fork on 40k is impossible because nobody has a clue where the genesis chain is  Cry
a rebase will follow genesis as it will be replaced with the original 1. of we create a new genesis block you loose all existing coins anyway.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
bitrev

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:05:24 AM

I would gladly say: "I'm in."

But there is no alternative. It is good you asked the community for approval, but since no new dev's sollicitated and the old dev (yes he is the past), you should go ahead with.
The community is strong, there are things happening; social media, website, video and from there we can start marketing (I really thing we should focus to get the chinese/japanese communtiy onboard)

Remember if we don't act now, the exchanges will delist LiteDoge...

So let's do this.

@MinerFTW, how long do you need (don't worry there is no deadline).
The best option (fairness) would be a fork with the chain till today/tomorrow right?
mellon
Legendary

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:08:48 AM

it's not that only.

Oh I'm so long write my post that not see yours. I'm ready to help you(and all of you guys who are in and ready to put his time and skills to that project) in all where I can do that. Ty that you here me and understand in right side what I want to say. I'm too invest here much more time and funds,for getting out. And it's not main,main here it's a really work strong community.WTG guys.

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
mellon
Legendary

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:12:11 AM

A fork on 40k is impossible because nobody has a clue where the genesis chain is  Cry
a rebase will follow genesis as it will be replaced with the original 1. of we create a new genesis block you loose all existing coins anyway.
Sorry it's my bad English again. I'm mean that do premine on new chain = total amount of coins that was mined on block number 40K

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
lordcisco

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:14:04 AM

it's not that only.

Oh I'm so long write my post that not see yours. I'm ready to help you(and all of you guys who are in and ready to put his time and skills to that project) in all where I can do that. Ty that you here me and understand in right side what I want to say. I'm too invest here much more time and funds,for getting out. And it's not main,main here it's a really work strong community.WTG guys.

^^ WOT HE SAY?  ^^
in Russia coin mine you
https://i.imgur.com/jS5E94w.jpg?1
mellon
Legendary

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:17:38 AM

Lol what you are not understand?

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
bitrev

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:18:59 AM

@MinerFTW, if you want i can provide a VPS?
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:19:28 AM

I would gladly say: "I'm in."

But there is no alternative. It is good you asked the community for approval, but since no new dev's sollicitated and the old dev (yes he is the past), you should go ahead with.
The community is strong, there are things happening; social media, website, video and from there we can start marketing (I really thing we should focus to get the chinese/japanese communtiy onboard)

Remember if we don't act now, the exchanges will delist LiteDoge...

So let's do this.

@MinerFTW, how long do you need (don't worry there is no deadline).
The best option (fairness) would be a fork with the chain till today/tomorrow right?

atm till all com is behind the idea im still looking in to a fix for this codebase. the dev just took half the reward code from spread coin and half the reward of blackcoin and put those together.

maybe i can fix this but for that i really need all stakers etc to stay offline with the wallet. that won't create more stakes etc or disappointment with stakers who are now staking like madmen on a side chain and loose all in the end Smiley

its 2:18 am here already and been trying to fix for only 18 hours now in a row. i can't tell who or what yet im a miner and have only done full pow coins so far and pos v2 fairly new to me Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:20:36 AM

no worries im provided with servers a lot Smiley but if we get this working would be nice to get a spare ip/masternode for the coin.

first fix then expand i think Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
bitrev

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:43:39 AM

no worries im provided with servers a lot Smiley but if we get this working would be nice to get a spare ip/masternode for the coin.

first fix then expand i think Smiley

Hehe great. You are also from Holland? Here it is 2.41.

I think you have a go for both fixing and/or taking the dev position.
Since today Bittrex/C-Cex put their wallets ini maintenance mode. Perhaps it is good to take a snapshot of this point.

@community.
Give this man your blessing to fix the wallet please, as you can see, we haven't seen anything from the old dev.

MinerFTW

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:47:03 AM

not sure but i think i found the code that messed with the forks all the time. im recompiling now to see if i am right.

yes im from NL also Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: