Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: i quit  (Read 142513 times)
loszhor

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:17:27 AM

I noticed some posts about syncing issues and I would like to recommend that you close your wallet and reopen it at least one a day but no more than two. Staking over long periods can cause memory leak issues that differ based on a wallet's design and algorithm. Quick coins with memory heavy algorithms can leak a lot of memory over time while slower, less intensive ones can stake for days without issue but if the wallet is poorly designed it could also cause issues and is something to look out for when deciding on what to stake. Doing so may also help you to avoid having stake blocks rejected as if your connection to the network is bad or spotty it can potentially fail to get through or be too late by the time that it does. Also, if your wallet is in a state where it is having memory issues you will not be staking to your full potential. Think of it as trying to do some thing important on your computer when you are lagging bad. A good test that I use to visually tell if a wallet needs to be restarted is to click drag it around a see how far of a "trail" it makes. Nearly all wallets will do so when staking but if it is taking up more memory than usual the trail will be longer and the journey will be "choppy". So take note on what the usual kind of trail your wallets makes.

So if you have an expected block time of a few hours and you have barely staked anything within a few days and likewise have not closed your wallet in that much time as well you might consider doing so. Remember, the act of stopping and restarting staking does not affect you in anyway. Only the act of moving them will do so.

Taking what I just said above into account, I would like to bring up some helpful staking information to aid you all if you are doing so and need some more information. Using coin control is essential to get the most out of your staking long term so make sure to take full advantage of it. Blocks that are too small will not be helpful in staking and they will just take up space. So make sure to combine blocks when necessary. This is also a good practice to ensure that you do not use up too much memory if you have many coins. As stated in the Hobonickels wiki, many small blocks take up more resources to process. See both articles for good information.

Proof of stake:
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake

Coin Control:
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

The numbers given for the blocks sizes are for that coin's settings and since LDOGE is a full block per stake a yearly percent is not applicable.

Let me know if you having any questions and I will answer the best that I can.

16wQCVFXYuSp4AYsBqV9Uqa2dd1V4YXvJ5
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loszhor

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:18:40 AM

your wallet has a coin control featuers why dont you guys make a Youtube video for that, it would be really nice for the community and should be helpful in market your coin, check d57heinz and minerFTW PM on IRC channel Smiley

What timing, I just mentioned that as of right now. Do you need help on how to use it? 

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:22:06 AM

your wallet has a coin control featuers why dont you guys make a Youtube video for that, it would be really nice for the community and should be helpful in market your coin, check d57heinz and minerFTW PM on IRC channel Smiley

What timing, I just mentioned that as of right now. Do you need help on how to use it? 

yeah man its coincidence, you can also quote hyperstake they have similar features and youtube clips too. loving your write up Smiley 

loszhor

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:31:58 AM

yeah man its coincidence, you can also quote hyperstake they have similar features and youtube clips too. loving your write up Smiley 

HYP has a wonderful "set threshold" feature that allows you to set how big you want your blocks to be at all times and will automatically split blocks as they come in. It is a very convenient feature that I wish other coins would adopt.

Let me know what you specifically want to know and I will help you the best that I can.

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:44:08 AM

HYP has a wonderful "set threshold" feature that allows you to set how big you want your blocks to be at all times and will automatically split blocks as they come in. It is a very convenient feature that I wish other coins would adopt.

Let me know what you specifically want to know and I will help you the best that I can.

yes pls... PM me pls since it would be unethical to discuss them here Smiley i am a supporter to these guys too Cheesy:D:D

Andrewwattson

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:12:57 PM

Could someone please tell me how to recover a wallet? Im glad I didn't send any to the one I had as I am not able to recover it and the only options are to backup and export. Of course sign and verify a message is there to but I don't see a open option. I even tryed adding it to the appdata and that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if this was covered apologies if so.

get the latest wallet version from the first page
Then delete everything in your appdata folder ONLY DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT.

Ok thanks but the issue seems to be that I cant rename wallets. Never had that issue before. If you rename your main wallet it will replace it with a new one named wallet.dat when you try to recover it.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:49:44 PM

Could someone please tell me how to recover a wallet? Im glad I didn't send any to the one I had as I am not able to recover it and the only options are to backup and export. Of course sign and verify a message is there to but I don't see a open option. I even tryed adding it to the appdata and that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if this was covered apologies if so.

Ok thanks but the issue seems to be that I cant rename wallets. Never had that issue before. If you rename your main wallet it will replace it with a new one named wallet.dat when you try to recover it.

first backup the wallet your needing to recover.. Then goto the appdata directory and just copy the one you want to that folder and tehn make sure its named wallet.dat and it will automatically find it on wallet start..  I hope that gets ya going
Once you get it rolling post your address ill send ya some to get ya started staking.. just remember its doesn't start staking till 8 hours after I send to you. then depending on amount staking you will get your "expected" time to stake.. and I say that loosely as you can get lucky and find one right away or it could be double the time..Smiley

Edit:  this wallet doesn't allow for multiple wallets such as multibit for btc.. If you want multiple wallets you will have to have them running on multiple machines as the wallet doesn't allow you to rename or open a new one..  basically your only option at this time would be keeping track of certain wallet.dat by a folder.. just name the folder the same as your wallet address then whne you need to open that wallet you can just copy the one your using in appdata to the corresponding folder named after the wallet addy  then copy the other folder wallet.dat to appdata.. its a round about way of getting it done.. but that is all i can come up with atm Smiley

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:57:27 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 04:13:47 PM by d57heinz

It also may be possible to run multiple instances of a wallet using the datadir=wallet directory in your conf file..   I haven't done this myself  but im sure its possible to run many wallets of the same coin on one computer..

Edit  after thinking about this a bit longer.. I think you would have to pass a flag to the wallet start where to find the conf file.. idk  as the wallet will default to the main conf and if you try to run two it will both use same data directory which will not work.. let me do some more digging and il get back to you

Edit  got some good help in irc.. you would have to start your wallet with the litedoged --datadir=walletdirectory   then once that is started  goto second wallet instance and start with litedoged --datadir=2ndwalletdirectory  you may also need to rename the 2nd litedoged start file for the second instance  not too sure Smiley

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:11:31 PM

bitrev

Activity: 335

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:46:56 PM

Nice
Andrewwattson

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:56:02 PM

first backup the wallet your needing to recover.. Then goto the appdata directory and just copy the one you want to that folder and tehn make sure its named wallet.dat and it will automatically find it on wallet start..  I hope that gets ya going
Once you get it rolling post your address ill send ya some to get ya started staking.. just remember its doesn't start staking till 8 hours after I send to you. then depending on amount staking you will get your "expected" time to stake.. and I say that loosely as you can get lucky and find one right away or it could be double the time..Smiley

Edit:  this wallet doesn't allow for multiple wallets such as multibit for btc.. If you want multiple wallets you will have to have them running on multiple machines as the wallet doesn't allow you to rename or open a new one..  basically your only option at this time would be keeping track of certain wallet.dat by a folder.. just name the folder the same as your wallet address then whne you need to open that wallet you can just copy the one your using in appdata to the corresponding folder named after the wallet addy  then copy the other folder wallet.dat to appdata.. its a round about way of getting it done.. but that is all i can come up with atm Smiley

Best Regards
d57heinz

Thanks for the information definitely appreciated.

dEMcCDjXPjg69dUsx7WmYWmw9X8mxw6WGK
Abitcoinfuture

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:31:10 AM

After Fixing my Sync issue I was able to recover my tens of millions of Ldoge... now when I try to send a transaction the wallet closes and returns and error, any suggestions?
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bass Player

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:47:55 AM

After Fixing my Sync issue I was able to recover my tens of millions of Ldoge... now when I try to send a transaction the wallet closes and returns and error, any suggestions?

How large a transaction? Some coins have size limits...   10's of millions may qualify...

Abitcoinfuture

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:45:52 AM

How large a transaction? Some coins have size limits...   10's of millions may qualify...

Nah just trying to send 500k to bittrex to test the network make sure it's correct... so that shouldnt be an issue.  It just crashes when I hit send after putting in my passphrase.
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:49:02 AM

Looks cool killer logo my girl fell in love with it. I doubt this coin is dead its gaining attention quick and its not like the price can really even go down lol with that said... BUY, HOLD, STAKE!!!

d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:45:10 AM

Best Regards
d57heinz

Thanks for the information definitely appreciated.

dEMcCDjXPjg69dUsx7WmYWmw9X8mxw6WGK

Sent ya a little  just got back to pc:)  Happy staking!!

Best regards
d57heinz

Abitcoinfuture

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:33:40 AM

Wallet

Sometimes I get error number -30xxx and it says cannot open database, but that is when it crashes while staking, if I try to send a transaction while not staking I get the following error..

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CWallet:;GenerateNewKey() : AddKey failed
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Litedoge-qt.exe in Runaway exception

DogePentagon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:34:54 AM

https://i.imgur.com/UY6iMMs.png

The most important thing you need to know is that you must not delete your wallet.dat file!
As long as you backup your current wallet.dat file, you will be safe.

Here’s how to sync and repair your LiteDoge wallet:

Step 1:
Backup your wallet.dat file
Copy your wallet.dat to a new location!
Failure to do this will result in A LOSS OF ALL COINS

Wallet locations:

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Roaming\LiteDoge\wallet.dat

Step 2:
Download the LiteDoge wallet from first page
First page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985182.0
Source: https://mega.co.nz/#!2VMTHT5T!BaU_KBPiJX0cyDq6xe6vFGi-B7C_0Sm9-VvluFCwEAQ

Step 3:
Move the LiteDoge user data folder (rename to LiteDoge.old)

Step 4:
Install the new client

Step 4a:
Start the LiteDoge program briefly to create the LiteDoge data folder (otherwise theres nowhere to put the backed up wallet.dat).

Step 4b:
Close the LiteDoge QT (the wallet)

Step 5:
Replace the new wallet.dat with your backed up version

Step 6:
Run the wallet and wait the blockchain to resync.
(Failed resync? => "LiteDoge.conf" with latest addnodes at C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Roaming\LiteDoge\ or just copy "LiteDoge.conf" from your "Step 3" renamed folder "LiteDoge.old" )

Step 7:
Run a repair on your wallet.
In the debug window under Help type “repairwallet” or “checkwallet”
(LiteDoge Wallet> Help> Debug window> Console)

Step 8:
Enjoy : )
Abitcoinfuture

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:39:45 AM

The most important thing you need to know is that you must not delete your wallet.dat file!
As long as you backup your current wallet.dat file, you will be safe.

Here’s how to sync and repair your LiteDoge wallet:

Step 1:
Backup your wallet.dat file
Copy your wallet.dat to a new location!
Failure to do this will result in A LOSS OF ALL COINS

Wallet locations:

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Roaming\LiteDoge\wallet.dat

Step 2:
Download the LiteDoge wallet from first page
First page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985182.0
Source: https://mega.co.nz/#!2VMTHT5T!BaU_KBPiJX0cyDq6xe6vFGi-B7C_0Sm9-VvluFCwEAQ

Step 3:
Move the LiteDoge user data folder (rename to LiteDoge.old)

Step 4:
Install the new client

Step 4a:
Start the LiteDoge program briefly to create the LiteDoge data folder (otherwise theres nowhere to put the backed up wallet.dat).

Step 5:
Replace the new wallet.dat with your backed up version

Step 6:
Run the wallet and wait the blockchain to resync.
(Failed resync? => "LiteDoge.conf" with latest addnodes at C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Roaming\LiteDoge\ or just copy "LiteDoge.conf" from your "Step 3" renamed folder "LiteDoge.old" )

Step 7:
Run a repair on your wallet.
In the debug window under Help type “repairwallet” or “checkwallet”
(LiteDoge Wallet> Help> Debug window> Console)

Step 8:
Enjoy : )

I think we all did this but maybe the repair or check wallet commands will help me, I will let you know, I will also try a 3rd time to delete everything in roaming I am very experienced in altcoin and wallet issues this one is just so damn repetitive and without an actual wallet update ppl are trying to basically trick the 1.0.0.1 version into working for them.  Needless to say a few million of my coins are not in my wallet even though they should be, nearly 5 million doge is actually missing from all this mishaps and me finding blocks incorrectly.
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:51:07 AM

I think we all did this but maybe the repair or check wallet commands will help me, I will let you know, I will also try a 3rd time to delete everything in roaming I am very experienced in altcoin and wallet issues this one is just so damn repetitive and without an actual wallet update ppl are trying to basically trick the 1.0.0.1 version into working for them.  Needless to say a few million of my coins are not in my wallet even though they should be, nearly 5 million doge is actually missing from all this mishaps and me finding blocks incorrectly.
[/quote]

I found this on another thread.. try this out..

"Now, make sure you back up the old wallet before doing any of this.

1/ Reload the client

2/ Go into the console and type "dumpprivkey yourlitedogeaddress" where litedogeaddress is the address that supposedly holds any coins.

3/ Repeat 2 for every litedoge address that is supposed to contain your coins.

Store these keys somewhere safe. If you lose the keys you will lose your coins forever.

When you have stored these keys, rename your wallet.dat to wallet.old, make sure you do NOT delete it. The inventor of Bitcoin himself advised that you should NEVER delete a wallet.

Reload the client. Your balance will be zero since Litedoge-QT will create a new wallet.dat that it will then work with.

You can then rebuild the wallet by going into the console and typing "importprivkey 5YourPrivateKey" where 5YourPrivateKey is the private key that I mentioned above, in the case of more than 1 private key, repeat the same command until all the keys are imported into the wallet.

If your old wallet is badly corrupted, you may need to ask someone more knowledgeable than me, if the above steps do not work for you"

Best regards
d57heinz

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: