Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:01:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relieving the pain inflicted by the jackboot of the state upon young Zoe's neck  (Read 7418 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:37:57 PM

will send my .5 btc as promised as soon as I return home (should be tomorrow)

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:42:52 PM

A newbie was able to raise $800 USD in a short period of time for a charity that was just created. Two years ago, this $600 USD request would have been met within hours.

Pretty sad really ... I suppose people are feeling the capitulation and are saving.

Quote from: hedgy73
Just checking the donation address is correct: 1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH

I'll chip in 0.1 if its any help at all, sorry its very little bit its all I can afford right now.

Yes, that is the one... lets finish this up ... you take care of the 0.1, I'll take care of the difference with another contribution...

Done...

https://blockchain.info/address/1JeJW7KMcW1AXAD4FF1NTBceQqk55h7KSr

Edit..... saw you deleted your post ... perhaps someone else needs to take care of 0.1?

No that's fine I'll cover it, was going to do it anonymously but will send now Smiley.

0.1 as promised. TxId: 5c94a245f2a592de57f26e67ddd164cc20938a6d07180113dd85a44cdcaeca02

Lets do this Smiley.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:45:23 PM

Are we there?
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:49:34 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You fools are possibly biggest drama queens starting a thread like this, along with the so called 'title'.

I think young zoe would blame her daddy for being a fkin moron more than imaginary 'jackboots' on her throat.

Cry harder though. Your impotent flailing for sympathy for this fool along with that limp ross ulbricht clearly shows the base line mentality of your average bitcoin devotee. Less of you there are, the better.

Cool

you are the lowest of the low

I agree.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:51:14 PM

0.1 as promised. TxId: 5c94a245f2a592de57f26e67ddd164cc20938a6d07180113dd85a44cdcaeca02

Lets do this Smiley.

Awesome... so with the added matching and .5 from jonald_fyookball tomorrow we should reach our goal.

A lot of dust has been contributed in the last couple of days so it appears peoples hearts are in the right place despite their pocketbooks being tight.

Are we there?

Just waiting on the matching to come through and we should be there.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:59:05 PM

Lets do this Smiley.

Awesome... so with the added matching and .5 from jonald_fyookball tomorrow we should reach our goal.

A lot of dust has been contributed in the last couple of days so it appears peoples hearts are in the right place despite their pocketbooks being tight.

Are we there?

Just waiting on the matching to come through and we should be there.

That's great thanks for the update Smiley. If you need a bit more let me know Wink.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:00:33 AM

That's a very generous contribution thank you Smiley.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:39:44 PM

Sent.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:39:39 PM

Sent.

Holy shit, dude! My eyes welled up went I saw that. I'm sure so did Burt's. If I had an extra twenty bucks, I would end this campaign myself. I'm sure some other(s) will step up to the plate.

Thanks, jonald.
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:43:37 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 06:03:44 PM by jbreher

Wow! I step away for a few days, and you guys just 'bout topped it off.

https://blockchain.info/address/1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH OK, 2015 Jun 16 update. Stop donating to original address. Any further donations should be sent to https://blockchain.info/address/1KayK9cRSUHXLcs3kjyu1sbcJpUrdsk2Ei, which is a paper wallet that will be given in paper wallet form, along with the cash raised.

At this very moment, it is showing as $592.69. I'll cap it off at $600. Thanks for all your generous donations.

It will be later this week before I can get to the bank, and pick up some Benjamins.. I'll pick up some sort of a card too.

In the meantime, can we crowdsource an inscription for the card?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 11:06:52 PM

Glad to hear the community pitched in for this kid .. hopefully you'll let us know her response

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:29:30 PM

Sent.

Thank you again , very generous of you Smiley.
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:13:08 AM

The thought of this donation is well intended but converting those bitcoins to Fiat which is just as vulnerable to theft seems questionable at best, especially since it indirectly supports the same state that victimized her and her family. On the other hand can she is only 8 years old and bitcoin may not be user friendly enough for her to handle securely.

Here is an idea.... Can you print off either a multisig paper wallet or SSS paper wallet and enclose it with the 600 USD cash and a letter and I will be happy to donate some more bitcoins to make a starting deposit on that paper wallet. (Will another family member be able to help her secure the shards?) Let me know if you can do this an I'll send over some more bitcoin. It will be great to watch that savings grow for her over the years as well.

As far as the inscription is concerned I think it should be something that instills a sense of solidarity in her fellow humankind. I'll try thinking of a few examples that are pertinent to this situation.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:41:37 AM

The thought of this donation is well intended but converting those bitcoins to Fiat which is just as vulnerable to theft seems questionable at best, especially since it indirectly supports the same state that victimized her and her family. On the other hand can she is only 8 years old and bitcoin may not be user friendly enough for her to handle securely.

Here is an idea.... Can you print off either a multisig paper wallet or SSS paper wallet and enclose it with the 600 USD cash and a letter and I will be happy to donate some more bitcoins to make a starting deposit on that paper wallet. (Will another family member be able to help her secure the shards?) Let me know if you can do this an I'll send over some more bitcoin. It will be great to watch that savings grow for her over the years as well.

As far as the inscription is concerned I think it should be something that instills a sense of solidarity in her fellow humankind. I'll try thinking of a few examples that are pertinent to this situation.

agree that cash by mail isn't very prudent, i prefer you send a money order.

for the transcription , this is slightly corny but something like

'life isn't always fair, but there are forces of good and people who care'

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:15:04 AM

'life isn't always fair, but there are forces of good and people who care'

That is a decent quote, I like the rhyming. Here are a few ideas from me:

Something I came up with -

Never allow yourself to be made a victim or be bullied. You are a free, independent, beautiful human being. Accept no one's determination of your life, but define it yourself.

Or a couple apropos quotes from Ayn Rand:

"We [entrepreneurs] required that you leave us free to function -- free to think and work as we choose ... -- free to earn our own profits and make our own fortunes"

"Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver."
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:57:17 AM

Some follow up -

I won't be mailing - I'll hand-deliver. I think a good portion of the reason Gleb nominated me to be the handler -- this entire project was his idea, mind you -- is because he knows that I know Zoe's dad quite well.

I don't recall where I got the idea, but I think the family other then Burt is a little soured on Bitcoin altogether, given the pain that the state has inflicted upon their lives, using Bitcoin as an excuse. So cash it is. That said, I will be happy to include a paper wallet as well. I'll take a photo of card, cash, and wallet, and post here before delivery. That paper wallet 'kicker' is a good idea.

Good inscription ideas. Keep 'em coming, then start chiming in on the best submitted by others. We should be able to wrap this up in two or three days.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:34:59 AM

I don't recall where I got the idea, but I think the family other then Burt is a little soured on Bitcoin altogether, given the pain that the state has inflicted upon their lives, using Bitcoin as an excuse. So cash it is. That said, I will be happy to include a paper wallet as well. I'll take a photo of card, cash, and wallet, and post here before delivery. That paper wallet 'kicker' is a good idea.

I cannot blame the rest of the family for being somewhat bitter about bitcoin with all the grief they are going through, regardless of the blame being solely with the injustice and immorality of the laws.

I sent another 0.25 BTC/~60USd along with my other donations for you to put that to a bitcoin paperwallet to be intended for her to save till 18. Hopefully by then she will have something to go towards either college or her career.

https://blockchain.info/tx/fb4323df67cc61122912fd0987a04df0221bb3e955784cdb05f0d2d302733adb

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:03:59 AM

Some follow up -

I won't be mailing - I'll hand-deliver. I think a good portion of the reason Gleb nominated me to be the handler -- this entire project was his idea, mind you -- is because he knows that I know Zoe's dad quite well.

Good inscription ideas. Keep 'em coming, then start chiming in on the best submitted by others. We should be able to wrap this up in two or three days.

yeah this isn't about 'showing how great the btc community is', this is about principles and compassion and making a difference.  still I like the idea of an additional paper wallet in case btc really explodes in value.

kevinlarr

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:45:41 PM

Very cool that this finally came thru  Cool

Would still like to see some mainstream media coverage on it, that'd make it even better (worth more than the small $600 to overall benefit of everyone concerned, I'd think, plus calling-out of the bad cop behavior value too IMHO)

Nobody here has any media connections really?  CoinDesk?  TechCrunch? Hello??  Bueller...?  Bueller...?

KEV

P.S. I'm not even sure exactly how much btc I put into this since a lot of it was just my "dust" from various wallets.

So I'm gonna need a new worthy cause to send dust to now, LOL.  Any suggestions?
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:37:05 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 06:09:37 PM by jbreher

And thanks again, everyone.

Now another request: stop sending to the original donation address. That address belongs to me, and I cannot monitor it in perpetuity. Instead, please send to the following address -

In link form, that is https://blockchain.info/address/1KayK9cRSUHXLcs3kjyu1sbcJpUrdsk2Ei

The astute will note that this is a paper wallet. It will be enclosed with the cash and the card when given to Zoe.

Speaking of which, I have been in contact with Burt, and we are trying to schedule time this evening to pass this on to Zoe.

In the meantime, I will deposit whatever funds are in excess of the $600 from the initial address into this paper wallet. The original address, being one of mine, will have an indeterminate lifecycle. At least until I invest the time to figure out how to implement coin control.

Great luck - at today's price, the initial address holds $684.94. I am depositing 0.35366615 BTC -- $84.94 at the current price -- into the paper wallet. One time only Smiley

Some housekeeping:

Anyone who has published the original donation address, please replace with the new paper wallet address.

I am updating the list of donors in the OP. This will be copied to the card. If you belong on there, and ain't, let me know right away.

If all y'all don't get on the stick about the inscription, I'll just take my best stab at it. Likely a combination of those already suggested.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: