Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:22:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Collapse of the Bitcoin Generator Bot  (Read 3604 times)
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:17:13 AM

What this bot? Never heard of it.

It's a macro script to drain faucets and the owner of the script sold around 11 BTC worth of script.

Nice bot i like the idea of draining the faucets who pay the peanuts like slave labor, also he done ok with that script didn't he. Shame i never see it or i would have probably brought one as well Smiley How much was the charge?

It was originally 1.49 but it seems most people bought it when it was BTC0.49(discounted).

I personally think it was a pretty stupid scam because most people still owes rich BTC1 each. If he stayed legit, then anything could happen Smiley

I dont know sustainable a bot like that is without constantly having to modify the script once its that public. I am sure he made a good amount of btc giving out a bot that probably would never last long enough to make him the money he just made.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:06:19 AM

First off I would like to say master-p and I were just the reviewers for this and we were given vouch copies ONLY to test this service. 

Yesterday I had noticed that a lot of my accounts went offline (I believe I was the first to experience this).  All the proxies I was using were being banned.  At first I had thought it was the the fact I was using safe-mail.net for all my emails (which could of been a trigger along with the ref links), but later on I had noticed my proxies were actually banned.  I had immediately alerted master-p and he chimed in stating all his accounts were still functioning, but during the night I had received notification via pm that his accounts were also shut down.  Another user Wafflemaster has now suffered the same fate as well as 805miner.

I want to be very clear that master-p and I have NO involvement other than giving out the reviews of the bot we had received.  We are both very aware a lot of users had purchased this bot and are now probably out a decent amount of money and yes it sucks.

I don't think or feel this was an actual scam (although it does appear like it right now).  What I do feel is that the site operators caught on and made a lot of changes.  Now for rich's absence on skype and here as well as locking the thread I can't comment on. 

I am 99% sure now that it was a scam because I paid him on Tuesday and since then no more communication he didn't even install the bot

I paid him monday and have heard nothing. 

Berau

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:09:47 AM

First off I would like to say master-p and I were just the reviewers for this and we were given vouch copies ONLY to test this service. 

Yesterday I had noticed that a lot of my accounts went offline (I believe I was the first to experience this).  All the proxies I was using were being banned.  At first I had thought it was the the fact I was using safe-mail.net for all my emails (which could of been a trigger along with the ref links), but later on I had noticed my proxies were actually banned.  I had immediately alerted master-p and he chimed in stating all his accounts were still functioning, but during the night I had received notification via pm that his accounts were also shut down.  Another user Wafflemaster has now suffered the same fate as well as 805miner.

I want to be very clear that master-p and I have NO involvement other than giving out the reviews of the bot we had received.  We are both very aware a lot of users had purchased this bot and are now probably out a decent amount of money and yes it sucks.

I don't think or feel this was an actual scam (although it does appear like it right now).  What I do feel is that the site operators caught on and made a lot of changes.  Now for rich's absence on skype and here as well as locking the thread I can't comment on. 

I am 99% sure now that it was a scam because I paid him on Tuesday and since then no more communication he didn't even install the bot

I paid him monday and have heard nothing. 

You mean monday this week? I'm pretty sure that he was still active.

Try emailing: richmoda56@mail.com
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:18:05 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 02:25:26 AM by master-P

I'm a little bit shocked at how many people decided to pay him without the use of escrow though, despite how trustworthy he may have seemed in the beginning. I would've used an escrow to pay for something just to make sure it was delivered first at the very least, but it seems like there are more and more people reporting that they paid and Rich simply stopped responding after that. I am very disappointed. I'm happy to give him a few more days to respond before we jump to any conclusions, but seeing the BTC funds move from his wallet and seeing that he has indeed been lurking on the forums the past few days is not very reassuring.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Berau

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:30:01 AM

I'm a little bit shocked at how many people decided to pay him without the use of escrow though, despite how trustworthy he may have seemed in the beginning. I would've at least used an escrow to pay for something just to make sure it was delivered first at the very least, but it seems like there are more and more people reporting that they paid and Rich simply stopped responding after that. I am very disappointed. I'm happy to give him a few more days to respond before we jump to any conclusions, but seeing the BTC funds move from his wallet and seeing that he has indeed been lurking on the forums the past few days is not very reassuring.

Yes, I guess he has provided a video, written a pretty constructive post and listed a bit of techy stuff. But that's all. I was starting to think he was certainly legitimate and about the purchase this bot when he locked the thread. I guess I was lucky after all not getting the bot.

People might just be lazy to use escrow. To be honest I never have used an escrow before and would avoid escrow if the amount isn't critical.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:37:41 AM

People might just be lazy to use escrow. To be honest I never have used an escrow before and would avoid escrow if the amount isn't critical.

Yeah, I understand that completely. Some people don't like to go through the hassle of using a third party as an escrow, extra step, fees they have to pay, etc. But I suppose it's different for everyone, I personally will use an escrow if I feel like there is some risk in the transaction I'm about to partake in, and/or if it's an amount of money I can't afford to lose.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:22:12 AM

I'm a little bit shocked at how many people decided to pay him without the use of escrow though, despite how trustworthy he may have seemed in the beginning. I would've used an escrow to pay for something just to make sure it was delivered first at the very least, but it seems like there are more and more people reporting that they paid and Rich simply stopped responding after that. I am very disappointed. I'm happy to give him a few more days to respond before we jump to any conclusions, but seeing the BTC funds move from his wallet and seeing that he has indeed been lurking on the forums the past few days is not very reassuring.

The escrow does not apply in all cases because some buyers use the escrow, he installed the bot , then the escrow is released.
For example I paid 0.5 BTC, he install the bot with 10 accounts, then I paid another 0.5 BTC (both transactions without escrow)
Also I paid 100$ (in BTC) for 50 accounts + 50 proxy  (to be installed)
The bot stops working after a few days..(I'm sure the owners of the faucets saw the bot sale thread in here)
I dont think Rich will come back to reply or to refund any BTC (he should be done it untill now)

Sad  ... and another aprox. 500$ lost ...

Berau

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:33:07 AM

The escrow does not apply in all cases because some buyers use the escrow, he installed the bot , then the escrow is released.
For example I paid 0.5 BTC, he install the bot with 10 accounts, then I paid another 0.5 BTC (both transactions without escrow)
Also I paid 100$ (in BTC) for 50 accounts + 50 proxy  (to be installed)
The bot stops working after a few days..(I'm sure the owners of the faucets saw the bot sale thread in here)
I dont think Rich will come back to reply or to refund any BTC (he should be done it untill now)

Sad  ... and another aprox. 500$ lost ...

Wow. $500 is a lot.

I agree that escrow doesn't really do anything in this deal. If the bot malfunctions and rich don't fix it, you can't ask the escrow for your money back.

It's funny though that no one is actually leaving negative trust feedback, I'll take that as most of us are still expecting rich to come alive again someday.
FuckIdolPlus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:41:07 AM

Wow. $500 is a lot.

I agree that escrow doesn't really do anything in this deal. If the bot malfunctions and rich don't fix it, you can't ask the escrow for your money back.

It's funny though that no one is actually leaving negative trust feedback, I'll take that as most of us are still expecting rich to come alive again someday.

It's a shot in the dark. i don't think he'll come back, let alone refunding the people. But again he hasn't used up the 11 BTC he has in his wallet.

FuckIdolPlus

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:42:30 AM

He has started using the BTC in his wallet : https://blockchain.info/address/1GP9FqAaMqRKuUe6RznWhFSEdnfCYrPfv8
Sorry for the loss people. Next time never trust anyone with a shortcut to become rich.

LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:56:21 AM

As Master-P said he'll wait few more days on him before everyone give him neg-trust. Anyways giving him neg-trust wouldn't help, He'll simply open another account and start scamming.
Sorry for those who lost their money in this bot, Always use escrow.
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 12:08:34 PM

Sorry for those who lost their money in this bot, Always use escrow.

Using exscrow won't help in this case , becasue he installed the bot for most of the buyers.
After he installed, the escrow was relesead.
The bot stop working after that ...

bachel

Activity: 261

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:43:47 PM

Wow. $500 is a lot.

I left him negative trust

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:35:36 PM

When I first saw the bot sale thread, I was very impressed and interested to buy it. But I remember someone pointing out in that thread that th success of the bot greatly depended on how much balance the faucet has. If there are no funds in faucet, the bot isn't of much value. I did not purchase the bot for this single reason.

But the actual reason of failure turned out to be something no one had anticipated. The site owner noticed what was happening (and maybe even saw the thread himself) and blocked the proxies. (or at least that's what it looks like  now.)

Glad I didn't buy it.
FuckIdolPlus

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:21:23 PM

The interesting part is going through his transactions (wallet) lead me to a wallet, a single wallet with over $900k in BTC.
We may never know who he was but he sure did teach us a lesson.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:22:40 PM

When I first saw the bot sale thread, I was very impressed and interested to buy it. But I remember someone pointing out in that thread that th success of the bot greatly depended on how much balance the faucet has. If there are no funds in faucet, the bot isn't of much value. I did not purchase the bot for this single reason.

But the actual reason of failure turned out to be something no one had anticipated. The site owner noticed what was happening (and maybe even saw the thread himself) and blocked the proxies. (or at least that's what it looks like  now.)

Glad I didn't buy it.

Yes of course , this is a plausible "theory" *. These types of method should be discussed only in private, the selling thread should never exist because the admin of the site can see it and block all the method in 5-10 minutes. Have you (who bought) used an escrow ? or not? Now he should refund at least a part of the bitcoin, or gives a sort of support.

*As I said here :

The real problem is that the owner of the site is reading this forum, maybe it was better to keep this "method" completely anonymous. However it might function again but I haven't tried the script so I cannot be sure.

EDIT :

He has completly emptied that address (1GP9FqAaMqRKuUe6RznWhFSEdnfCYrPfv8):

- https://blockchain.info/it/tx/ef6121216188c204922e99f8417f65cdb4ba8f0b27447b64cb49f75928cdd8de
- https://blockchain.info/it/tx/6e773f178cc664c7451efd3af95ff7d118f79a177f6ffa5d030e4ae2f25c1bfc
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:29:44 PM

The interesting part is going through his transactions (wallet) lead me to a wallet, a single wallet with over $900k in BTC.

That is very interesting. I am wondering if he had many of these "scams" or if he is just a wealthy person
FuckIdolPlus

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:40:36 PM

That is very interesting. I am wondering if he had many of these "scams" or if he is just a wealthy person

A wealthy person doing scams doesn't seem to make any sense. Nor did he actually scam. He's just afraid to face the reality that the script he wrote is rendered useless and he owes people money.

Kareem001

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:33:40 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 08:46:25 PM by Kareem001

I believe the script is a good starting ground to the bot, but there needs to be a few alterations to make it considered undetectable, and i will list the downsides to each below.

But before i do, we need to come to a realization of a few things, that even though Rich bailed on us. There is still a chance we can make this work, although its very small, it still exits. I have knowledge of CS, but have neither the time to learn all this, or even manage this whole thing. Also, if we do attempt on making the bot actually work, we would need to find someone discreet, knowledgeable, and TRUSTWORTHY; He/She would manage on doing a few alterations to the bot, to actually make a few changes to make the accounts appear more normal and realistic.
This will lead to an increase in monthly cost, and a decrease in potential earnings, but it can mean that the bot can actually survive, and payout for a long period of time in more discrete manner. If this is done right, that means you can work hard to set it up and sit and relax on auto cruise control with actually getting paid for a long time, undetected. The proposed changes are posted near the end of this post.
I think the inherent problem with the bot that all accounts are somewhat too similar, along with the services everyone uses and such. If we can tone things down a bit, then we can make it much much harder to detect that it is actually a bot rather than an account.

The whole idea would be that all of us who bought an account would pool together and create a sort of a voting system. Each script purchases is a equal to one vote. Every decision is put through a vote, for the sake of transparency among us all. A Pooling system with all of us working together means that we all have a chance of making this work, rather than just accepting the fact that we were scammed and move on. Because the script works, and that means that we just have to make sure that we make the accounts look and act more like humans, they cant shut down the accounts if they cant distinctly find out whos a bot and whos not.
We could post up a thread on services on this forum looking for a developer who can help, we screen through candidates, and we vote for the appropriate ones. The key idea here is that all of us search on online sources for Trustworthy and Discreet developer(s) who have knowledge on how to make the appropriate changes. In return, we could offer a chance to run his own copy of the bot. A win-win. To take this further, we can ask the developer to reset our VPS OS, reinstall the bot, so we have a clean run of everything. We could pool a bit of btc as compensation between us (I saw he almost scammed $3100 dollars, an extra few hundred dollars between all of us for everything to work, i'm willing to chip in). So we search for and choose a developer, and then decide on compensation package (we pool money, if any), and then the developer makes the appropriate changes to the script and bot, and we run everything again.

For this to work, someone among us would have to choose to manage the whole plan, and keep everyone updated as a group, and have everything to a vote. Ofcourse, this person would have to be trustworthy, and all money managed (if any) is always kept with a reputable escrow we decide on. This is Key, and make sure that since the money is with an escrow, it is secure from any single individual trying to steal more.
 Like i said before, i dont have time to manage this whole thing, and to make it more transparent that this whole idea is written out of good faith, rather than an attempt to further scam, i wont apply to manage the whole thing. But if whoever is interested writes why he/she might be the good leader to run this, please write and tell us why,  and we would then take everything to a vote, and choose who runs the new plan to fix the bot.

I will be more than happy to speak to the developer with ideas, and come here occasionally to help out whenever i can, and be a member of the voting system.

These are my ideas, on what we could do to make the bot better and the whole process more undetectable:

1. From each IP service, a maximum of 10 IP's are to be chosen, these are to be dedicated IP's (and preferably virgin). This means that things are a bit more spread out, in terms of randomness.
Downside: the hassle of buying from more providers, and managing everything.

2. For Captchas, A switch from the AI model (thats cheaper but can be wrong sometimes up to 6 times in a row) to the human-based one means that your accounts are much less likely to be flagged for continuously failing captcha's. I dont know if freebitco.in or the doge equivalent actually have any flags for this; but if they at least record how many captcha's you fail, our accounts would be on the high end of the spectrum with a rather bad ratio of number of times captcha solved / number of times captcha failed. That could alone, be a measure of how they could detect accounts.
Downside: You will increase the cost of the AI service, to almost $100 a month for 120 accounts, from around $20. Cost vs Reliability Here.

3. Instead of having a standard sleeping schedule for each account, you could have it set at random for each day. For example, we could have the bot have this sort of dynamic sleeping schedule. For each day, it chooses a number between 13-18, this represents the number of hours the bot will sleep after it has 'awoken'. Example, the Bot 'Woke up' at 02:00, it rolls 15 hours, and thus it will set 02:00 + 15 hours = 17:00 as the sleeping time.
Downside: I think none, other than a slight volatility on the number of rolls each done total each day.

4. Lets take the idea from number 3 further, rather than have the accounts roll each hour for the time they are awake. We choose a 3 hours a day for each bot (or even more to appear more realistic), and in those hours the bot does not roll for any earnings. This is to even further have the accounts appear normal without having too long of consecutive periods rolling.
Downside: You will decrease the number of rolls in the day by almost 1/5th (in example), thus reducing possible earnings.

5. This might be a stretch, but for the sake of ideas, lets put it out there. For each account, choose 3-5 different days in the week (make sure that each account has its own dates, randomly chosen for the month, different from other accounts). This means that the accounts are not always rolling every single day of the year, mimicking human behaviour.
Downside: Again, decreasing the number of total rolls, and reducing possible earnings.

6. Make sure that emails generated are from all different providers (not to mean that they wont be overlaps, but that it would be odd if 120 accounts created all have yahoo emails addresses. A 1/5th split (or even smaller) between outlook, gmail, yahoo, aol, etc. makes everything appear more realistic.
Downside: None

7. The overall hierarchy of account referrals should be somewhat random. Dont make all accounts follow one person, keeping changing up which accounts refer which sub-accounts. Make sure that one account only refers a maximum of around 9 different accounts, and any of the 9 account do not refer any more people. That way, you always have batches of 10 accounts linked to each other and not more. each batch does not link to the other batch of accounts in terms of referral hierarchy. Also, maybe spread out creation of the accounts over a a week or so.

This is what i can come up with so far, and more ideas could be suggested. Let me know what you guys think, and feel free to bounce any ideas around.

Edit: a few ideas added

bachel

Activity: 261

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:00:33 PM

I believe the script is a good starting ground to the bot, but there needs to be a few alterations to make it considered undetectable, and i will list the downsides to each below.

But before i do, we need to come to a realization of a few things, that even though Rich bailed on us. There is still a chance we can make this work, although its very small, it still exits. I have knowledge of CS, but have neither the time to learn all this, or even manage this whole thing. Also, if we do attempt on making the bot actually work, we would need to find someone discreet, knowledgeable, and TRUSTWORTHY; He/She would manage on doing a few alterations to the bot, to actually make a few changes to make the accounts appear more normal and realistic.
This will lead to an increase in monthly cost, and a decrease in potential earnings, but it can mean that the bot can actually survive, and payout for a long period of time in more discrete manner. If this is done right, that means you can work hard to set it up and sit and relax on auto cruise control with actually getting paid for a long time, undetected. The proposed changes are posted near the end of this post.
I think the inherent problem with the bot that all accounts are somewhat too similar, along with the services everyone uses and such. If we can tone things down a bit, then we can make it much much harder to detect that it is actually a bot rather than an account.

The whole idea would be that all of us who bought an account would pool together and create a sort of a voting system. Each script purchases is a equal to one vote. Every decision is put through a vote, for the sake of transparency among us all. A Pooling system with all of us working together means that we all have a chance of making this work, rather than just accepting the fact that we were scammed and move on. Because the script works, and that means that we just have to make sure that we make the accounts look and act more like humans, they cant shut down the accounts if they cant distinctly find out whos a bot and whos not.
We could post up a thread on services on this forum looking for a developer who can help, we screen through candidates, and we vote for the appropriate ones. The key idea here is that all of us search on online sources for Trustworthy and Discreet developer(s) who have knowledge on how to make the appropriate changes. In return, we could offer a chance to run his own copy of the bot. A win-win. To take this further, we can ask the developer to reset our VPS OS, reinstall the bot, so we have a clean run of everything. We could pool a bit of btc as compensation between us (I saw he almost scammed $3100 dollars, an extra few hundred dollars between all of us for everything to work, i'm willing to chip in). So we search for and choose a developer, and then decide on compensation package (we pool money, if any), and then the developer makes the appropriate changes to the script and bot, and we run everything again.

For this to work, someone among us would have to choose to manage the whole plan, and keep everyone updated as a group, and have everything to a vote. Ofcourse, this person would have to be trustworthy, and all money managed (if any) is always kept with a reputable escrow we decide on. This is Key, and make sure that since the money is with an escrow, it is secure from any single individual trying to steal more.
 Like i said before, i dont have time to manage this whole thing, and to make it more transparent that this whole idea is written out of good faith, rather than an attempt to further scam, i wont apply to manage the whole thing. But if whoever is interested writes why he/she might be the good leader to run this, please write and tell us why,  and we would then take everything to a vote, and choose who runs the new plan to fix the bot.

I will be more than happy to speak to the developer with ideas, and come here occasionally to help out whenever i can, and be a member of the voting system.

These are my ideas, on what we could do to make the bot better and the whole process more undetectable:

1. From each IP service, a maximum of 10 IP's are to be chosen, these are to be dedicated IP's (and preferably virgin). This means that things are a bit more spread out, in terms of randomness.
Downside: the hassle of buying from more providers, and managing everything.

2. For Captchas, A switch from the AI model (thats cheaper but can be wrong sometimes up to 6 times in a row) to the human-based one means that your accounts are much less likely to be flagged for continuously failing captcha's. I dont know if freebitco.in or the doge equivalent actually have any flags for this; but if they at least record how many captcha's you fail, our accounts would be on the high end of the spectrum with a rather bad ratio of number of times captcha solved / number of times captcha failed. That could alone, be a measure of how they could detect accounts.
Downside: You will increase the cost of the AI service, to almost $100 a month for 120 accounts, from around $20. Cost vs Reliability Here.

3. Instead of having a standard sleeping schedule for each account, you could have it set at random for each day. For example, we could have the bot have this sort of dynamic sleeping schedule. For each day, it chooses a number between 13-18, this represents the number of hours the bot will sleep after it has 'awoken'. Example, the Bot 'Woke up' at 02:00, it rolls 15 hours, and thus it will set 02:00 + 15 hours = 17:00 as the sleeping time.
Downside: I think none, other than a slight volatility on the number of rolls each done total each day.

4. Lets take the idea from number 3 further, rather than have the accounts roll each hour for the time they are awake. We choose a 3 hours a day for each bot (or even more to appear more realistic), and in those hours the bot does not roll for any earnings. This is to even further have the accounts appear normal without having too long of consecutive periods rolling.
Downside: You will decrease the number of rolls in the day by almost 1/5th (in example), thus reducing possible earnings.

5. This might be a stretch, but for the sake of ideas, lets put it out there. For each account, choose 3-5 different days in the week (make sure that each account has its own dates, randomly chosen for the month, different from other accounts). This means that the accounts are not always rolling every single day of the year, mimicking human behaviour.
Downside: Again, decreasing the number of total rolls, and reducing possible earnings.

6. Make sure that emails generated are from all different providers (not to mean that they wont be overlaps, but that it would be odd if 120 accounts created all have yahoo emails addresses. A 1/5th split (or even smaller) between outlook, gmail, yahoo, aol, etc. makes everything appear more realistic.
Downside: None

7. The overall hierarchy of account referrals should be somewhat random. Dont make all accounts follow one person, keeping changing up which accounts refer which sub-accounts. Make sure that one account only refers a maximum of around 9 different accounts, and any of the 9 account do not refer any more people. That way, you always have batches of 10 accounts linked to each other and not more. each batch does not link to the other batch of accounts in terms of referral hierarchy. Also, maybe spread out creation of the accounts over a a week or so.

This is what i can come up with so far, and more ideas could be suggested. Let me know what you guys think, and feel free to bounce any ideas around.

Edit: a few ideas added

I would give you acces to my bot the .... did not deliver

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: