Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:40:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think it is "ok" for a Ponzi operator to play his own Ponzi game?
Yes - 18 (41.9%)
No - 15 (34.9%)
Maybe, if he makes his address known. - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7dayponzi.com "Ponzi Done Right" - Over 40btc paid out - Escrow protected  (Read 10094 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PonZ (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:37:11 PM

Challenge:  

If someone deposits .5 btc in next hour.
I will immediately match it with another .5 btc
That will take care of ~11 people ahead of you.

EDIT:  That was typed at 8:00am US East Coast Time (UTC -4)
God idea. I did it: https://blockchain.info/de/tx/a749aac41086be278a8fb5b20d007d21e43633d1b3c379b519106b7740391f55

Hey bufa, looks like you went from 'last' to 'next' in about 5 minutes!
yes, i saw it with pleasure :-)

But one question: I see now:
Next: 1AVHQWwgwawvN4zZpDMwH2WKuQLCv8P9NT | Total to collect ฿0.67520000 | Total collected ฿0.21596127

Why have to collect 0.6752, if you need only 0,65 to pay. Even with fee, this didn't fit. Or have i a problem with my math?

.65 needed to pay out + tx fee + our 5% and tx fee

supermoney
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:40:24 PM

Challenge:  

God idea. I did it: https://blockchain.info/de/tx/a749aac41086be278a8fb5b20d007d21e43633d1b3c379b519106b7740391f55

Next: 1AVHQWwgwawvN4zZpDMwH2WKuQLCv8P9NT | Total to collect ฿0.67520000 | Total collected ฿0.21596127

Why have to collect 0.6752, if you need only 0,65 to pay. Even with fee, this didn't fit. Or have i a problem with my math?

Payout formula: deposited amount + 5% commission + 0.0001 BTC first transaction fee + 0.0001 BTC second transaction fee.
bufa

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:30:27 PM

Challenge: 

EDIT:  That was typed at 8:00am US East Coast Time (UTC -4)

Payout formula: deposited amount + 5% commission + 0.0001 BTC first transaction fee + 0.0001 BTC second transaction fee.
Okay thanks, nearly understand. But 2 tx fees? One is always paid by the one, who did the deposit?
PonZ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 02:43:24 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 03:33:07 PM by PonZ

Challenge:  

Okay thanks, nearly understand. But 2 tx fees? One is always paid by the one, who did the deposit?

1 tx to pay the winner
1 tx to pay PonZ

EDIT:  Math (.5 x .05 = .025) + (.65) + (.0002) = .6752

Work2Work

Activity: 78
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:48:12 PM

We do not use their time stamp.

What time stamp are you using then?
PonZ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:50:54 PM

We run a full bitcoin node and use it as the authoritative clock/transaction order

Work2Work

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:55:14 PM

We run a full bitcoin node and use it as the authoritative clock/transaction order

How can we trust that node's clock? I mean for example blockchain's clock is highly trustworthy while some node's clock isn't.
Blockchain has a lot of trust. Why do you create a gas lamp when we have an electricity?
PonZ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:59:10 PM

Actually blockchain.info has a very limited api and has gone down many times.  We want our system based on the actual bitcoin blockchain, not a third party.

bufa

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:05:40 PM

Actually blockchain.info has a very limited api and has gone down many times.  We want our system based on the actual bitcoin blockchain, not a third party.
What is missing in the blockchain.info APIs? Your could create a lot of more trust, if you use a system (e.g. blockchain.info), we can easily follow. Even the clock there is always correct. I played ponzis for a longer time and till now i never saw any time lag. Sometimes the confirm takes longer, but the timestamp was always correct.
Work2Work

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:10:25 PM

Actually blockchain.info has a very limited api and has gone down many times.  We want our system based on the actual bitcoin blockchain, not a third party.
What is missing in the blockchain.info APIs? Your could create a lot of more trust, if you use a system (e.g. blockchain.info), we can easily follow. Even the clock there is always correct. I played ponzis for a longer time and till now i never saw any time lag. Sometimes the confirm takes longer, but the timestamp was always correct.

Totally agree.
PonZ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:22:43 PM

Why use a 3rd party api of the blockchain, when you can use the real blockchain?  Take an address and compare the times and transaction orders between blockchain.info and blockr.io.   They don't match 100%.  We make sure our countdown timer is synched with our blockchain time.  The true transaction order/time are directly taken from our node and displayed on our site.

jorgelugra

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:31:44 PM

Of course why they will use the blockchain api if they can use the real blockchain.
And this will not affect the website, its working fine since a lot of days
bufa

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:39:27 PM

Actually blockchain.info has a very limited api and has gone down many times.  We want our system based on the actual bitcoin blockchain, not a third party.

Why use a 3rd party api of the blockchain, when you can use the real blockchain?  Take an address and compare the times and transaction orders between blockchain.info and blockr.io.   They don't match 100%.  We make sure our countdown timer is synched with our blockchain time.  The true transaction order/time are directly taken from our node and displayed on our site.

Okay, but then your server should be always synced with the official time. At this moment it isn't. The time, you show in your lists differ from any atom clock. At this moment about 4-5 seconds. Not a big problem, if this difference would be always constant. But it would made me a little bit nervous, if it's fluctuating from hour to hour.
If you would refer to blockchain.info and say "new round starts, if blockchain time hits 3am (or whatever)", then everybody can check easily, if a deposit is IN or OUT.
But this is only a suggestion to create more trust, i will keep playing also with "your" server time, if we can rely on it.
PonZ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:55:38 PM

Why use a 3rd party api of the blockchain, when you can use the real blockchain?  Take an address and compare the times and transaction orders between blockchain.info and blockr.io.   They don't match 100%.  We make sure our countdown timer is synched with our blockchain time.  The true transaction order/time are directly taken from our node and displayed on our site.

Okay, but then your server should be always synced with the official time. At this moment it isn't. The time, you show in your lists differ from any atom clock. At this moment about 4-5 seconds. Not a big problem, if this difference would be always constant. But it would made me a little bit nervous, if it's fluctuating from hour to hour.
If you would refer to blockchain.info and say "new round starts, if blockchain time hits 3am (or whatever)", then everybody can check easily, if a deposit is IN or OUT.
But this is only a suggestion to create more trust, i will keep playing also with "your" server time, if we can rely on it.

First off, thank you for the suggestions.  It is really appreciated.  Here is an interesting link that shows how unpredictable the transaction timestamp is:

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/20479/how-accurate-is-bitcoin-network-time

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:59:00 PM

Why use a 3rd party api of the blockchain, when you can use the real blockchain?  Take an address and compare the times and transaction orders between blockchain.info and blockr.io.   They don't match 100%.  We make sure our countdown timer is synched with our blockchain time.  The true transaction order/time are directly taken from our node and displayed on our site.

The challenges for the game comes from the fact that the OP is trying to execute a game where order of transactions and timing are critical to the perceived fairness of the game.. Yet not using a common reference (blockchain.info, chain.com, etc.) means users have no external reference to base the game's performance on.. Further the OP even links to blockchain.info TXes so it's reasonable for users to reference it for transaction ordering and timing..

In short the blockchain has no assurance of timing for broadcast or explicit transaction broadcast order but you are running a game that relies on that, and providing users no reference point outside of a self fulfilling statement the server itself is the authority, but your upstream network topology, connected nodes, etc. all have a material influence on how that order works since you are trying to establish it yourself.

Bottom line, if you want to build trust and avoid most of the ambiguity that is inevitable with the current game utilize a blockchain reference (blockchain.info, blockr, chain, etc.) as the authority...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
btcradhx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:10:41 PM

The challenges for the game comes from the fact that the OP is trying to execute a game where order of transactions and timing are critical to the perceived fairness of the game.. Yet not using a common reference (blockchain.info, chain.com, etc.) means users have no external reference to base the game's performance on.. Further the OP even links to blockchain.info TXes so it's reasonable for users to reference it for transaction ordering and timing..

In short the blockchain has no assurance of timing for broadcast or explicit transaction broadcast order but you are running a game that relies on that, and providing users no reference point outside of a self fulfilling statement the server itself is the authority, but your upstream network topology, connected nodes, etc. all have a material influence on how that order works since you are trying to establish it yourself.

Bottom line, if you want to build trust and avoid most of the ambiguity that is inevitable with the current game utilize a blockchain reference (blockchain.info, blockr, chain, etc.) as the authority...

thats what i mean all this time......the references for anything is blockchain.info...but when its bout starting time he said its not using bc.info.....
well maybe its just 10 sec difference,but when the site become old later(u say u gonna have this long term right ponz?)...and only less than 10 people playing ...that 10 sec ambigu is a matter of win or lose.

well past is in the past,but u better fix and explain it on big bold word for exact time later....

for sample is http://www.multicryptos.com/   the time there is so bullshit almost 2 minute different when u deposit on new round/game....so the site is kinda deserted....less than 10 deposits/day/game
PonZ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 06:14:41 PM

Well stated.  We have considered running a block explorer off our node, but we worry about someone DDOS'ing it and affecting the game.  If we did provide a block explorer, it would show exactly what is on our website.  

groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:37:17 PM

Don't care about time stamps. I care that I got paid which I did. Grin  Cheesy

Great ponzi.... Gunna reinvest.
PonZ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 09:11:35 PM

When the countdown timer reaches:

Time Left: 6 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

The payout percent increases to 150% !!

MAsterV

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:42:55 PM

When the countdown timer reaches:

Time Left: 6 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

The payout percent increases to 150% !!

Yayyy, but the 5 that are going to get paid first are bigg, so i don't want to wait so muchhh and even longer if they are getting 150% this is going to be a long dayy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: