Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:43:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What would you like to change on the Battleship?
No game rules change. - 1 (5.3%)
Add special weapons. - 5 (26.3%)
Options for select grid size, ships count/length etc. - 1 (5.3%)
Cash out option during the game. - 3 (15.8%)
Player VS Player mode. - 9 (47.4%)
Anything else (post your suggestion, please). - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Updated] Battleship Game at CoinXerox - Provably Fair AI  (Read 4459 times)
baumi (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:16:22 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 05:14:58 PM by baumi

Battleship game is well known as a pencil and paper game. Now, you can play it against the Provably Fair AI dealer! Simply place your bet, arrange ships of your fleet and destroy enemy.

Features
Free Bitcoins - no captcha but Tic Tac Toe
Provably Fair
1% House edge
Instant Play - no downloads, one confirmation for deposit
Secure - no Bitcoins are stored on server
Zero Click Registration

Payout
Payout is determined as ratio of player's hits to dealer's hits. 1% house edge only.

Provably Fair AI
As any other game at CoinXerox, the Battleship game is provably fair. The dealer's ships positions, orientations and his shots are determined before game start.

At first, server make initial shuffle that determines ships positions, orientations and all shots. Hashed initial shuffle is published to player for later verification. Then client seed is used for reshuffle in order to make final shuffle that is used in game-play.
Because result of the random shuffle may not comply with all Battleship game rules, there are a few additional processing in order to be able to use any final shuffle.
If two ships overlap, for the second ship the first empty square is used. Finding an empty square is done diagonally in left top direction. When left or top corner is reached, finding continues at the opposite side of grid.

Dealer's shots are determined by probability and provably fair final shuffle.
At first, for each square the probability that the square contains a ship is computed. Then squares with the same highest probability are selected. Finally, the latest shot offset from provably fair final shuffle is used to choose a one square which dealer fires on.

Verification (including decoded shuffles) is available through Provably Fair section at the bottom of game page.

Changelog

2015-03-28
  • Provably fair AI - improved dealer bot using probability model.

2015-03-17
  • Provably fair AI - dealer's shots are no more random.

2015-03-13
  • Game released.
  • Random shooting of dealer
Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:01:14 AM

Oh cool, this should be a good replacement for binarybase.co. Battleship is fun
diegocosta

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:12:49 AM

your tic tac toe is hard, it took my about 5 tries to win
https://i.imgur.com/Ex3Vo4M.png
rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:14:25 AM

hehe yeahh its fun but i dont understand i got win in game but the result i lost some coins.. how to calculate it?

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:41:08 AM

This is great. xD Is there any way for us to place our ships? Or is it always random?
@rayhan you need to win by a greater number of shots. Maybe 14 to 20 or something lol. Less than that and you start losing bitcoins.

Tongkar

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:44:29 AM

Just made a deposit first time using coinxerox looks like fun will update gaming experience shortly.
pthnmj

Activity: 683

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:58:04 AM

It said I won 0.01... But It didn't give to me?

:ohttp://prntscr.com/6gieei
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 04:45:35 AM

Tried it with the faucet, nice fun game to kill time. Also, tried solitaire but I never remembered it being this hard Cheesy Will try it with my own money soon.

your tic tac toe is hard, it took my about 5 tries to win

Same, but after a few tries, I figured it out and now I can get it on the first turn.

baumi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 05:52:34 AM

hehe yeahh its fun but i dont understand i got win in game but the result i lost some coins.. how to calculate it?

Payout calculation is described in the main post  Wink

Payout is determined as a ratio of player's hits to dealer's hits. However, dealer's shots are completely random, thus he is pretty disadvantaged. The Dealer cannot find player's ships after a hit. Because of that, final payout is 17:25.
baumi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:06:48 AM

This is great. xD Is there any way for us to place our ships? Or is it always random?
@rayhan you need to win by a greater number of shots. Maybe 14 to 20 or something lol. Less than that and you start losing bitcoins.

You can arrange your ships by random reshuffling only. We believe that this is the fastest and the most comfortable way.

However, if manual ship placing is common request, we can add this functionality in the future. Vote, please!  Smiley

baumi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:15:01 AM

It said I won 0.01... But It didn't give to me?

:ohttp://prntscr.com/6gieei

Because you resigned. Resign dialog window pointing out the game rules - "Are you sure to resign? You lose your bet!".

You cannot stop the game to take winnings. Game is finished only when dealer's or player's fleet is completely destroyed.
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:20:16 AM

Yesss so fun, its great and it works on mobile, good job.
steven.G999

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:35:14 AM

really hard to win a free bitcoin from Tic Tac Toe, always lose Cheesy
nice game, sharpen the brain Smiley

I will continue to try until win haha  Grin
baumi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:55:22 AM

really hard to win a free bitcoin from Tic Tac Toe, always lose Cheesy
nice game, sharpen the brain Smiley

I will continue to try until win haha  Grin

Thanks  Wink

In Tic Tac Toe simply play as offensive as possible. Do not worry that bot will create winning line before you. It aim to block you.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:58:43 AM

Would have liked it if the player was allowed to cash out any time during the game.

I went upto 120 mBTC (a few days ago) but went down to 20 after I was forced to play.  Undecided

It is better to give the player the win amount when they resign than forfeiting everything.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:04:37 AM

This game is interesting and there are some tips to get an edge over the computer.
Always try to find the largest ship first as you can unveil the empty spots around a big ship.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
GannickusX

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:08:53 AM

I destroyed 20, bot destroyed 14 and i still lost? How is that
baumi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:38:10 AM

Would have liked it if the player was allowed to cash out any time during the game.

I went upto 120 mBTC (a few days ago) but went down to 20 after I was forced to play.  Undecided

It is better to give the player the win amount when they resign than forfeiting everything.

It's a good implementation question - to allow cash out any time?

When it's allowed you should remember that probability of overcome dealer any time during the game is higher, so payout would be lower in that case. It's possible to apply similar rules as minesweeper sites use, but the game would remotely resemble Battleship...

I think the game is more exciting when you are in winning position and you still have to watch the dealer whether he will hit you or not. Or when you are losing and you still have a chance to catch up the dealer. That's a Battleship!

Anyway these game rules guarantee low volatility. When you lose, the lose is not a big one. It's statistically expected that your winnings should be between 31% and 2720% of your bet.
baumi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:43:00 AM

This game is interesting and there are some tips to get an edge over the computer.
Always try to find the largest ship first as you can unveil the empty spots around a big ship.

In fact, all dealer's shots are completely random, because his shots are determined by provably fair shuffling. There is no bot hunting your ships.

But your hint describing reserved points around destroyed ships is true! That's why the payout is determined as is.
GannickusX

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:51:25 AM

The house edge of this is pretty high, too bad it looked interesting
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: