Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:51:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Keiser - "Libertarians are Intellectually Lazy & Idiots"  (Read 10369 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 03:41:00 AM

@Topic:

we asked Max Keiser what he meant during an interview with him this week. We'll publish the results in issue #4 (October) of the Bitcoin Magazine.

fan fucking tastic!

@above
I think we're becoming guilty of going off topic now

@topic: I can't wait to see it.

@above: It doesn't matter, a libertarian could call the sky blue, and niemivh would argue that we're idiots, and the sky is clearly azure.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:54:11 AM

@Topic:

we asked Max Keiser what he meant during an interview with him this week. We'll publish the results in issue #4 (October) of the Bitcoin Magazine.

fan fucking tastic!

@above
I think we're becoming guilty of going off topic now

@topic: I can't wait to see it.

@above: It doesn't matter, a libertarian could call the sky blue, and niemivh would argue that we're idiots, and the sky is clearly azure.

Dumbass, the sky is azure!

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
niemivh (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:46:49 PM

niemivh: do you expect to gain some rep being so full of hot air or are you just trolling for the sake of it?

Define what you mean by 'hot air'.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 06:49:07 PM

niemivh: do you expect to gain some rep being so full of hot air or are you just trolling for the sake of it?

Define what you mean by 'hot air'.

You just did.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:06:55 PM

@Topic:

I don't see why Bitcoin, as a currency, should recruit a community that is so politically oriented. This limits adoption, and that is not in any of our best interests. If a spokesperson for Bitcoin criticizes a certain viewpoint, rather than attacking them, the community should consider that Bitcoin is valid for people not of that viewpoint.

The Bitcoin community is diverse, and will only become more diverse. We should together refrain from politically minded comments and go for a neutral, Bitcoin-centric discussion about the merits of Bitcoin.

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:56:44 PM

@Topic:

I don't see why Bitcoin, as a currency, should recruit a community that is so politically oriented. This limits adoption, and that is not in any of our best interests. If a spokesperson for Bitcoin criticizes a certain viewpoint, rather than attacking them, the community should consider that Bitcoin is valid for people not of that viewpoint.

The Bitcoin community is diverse, and will only become more diverse. We should together refrain from politically minded comments and go for a neutral, Bitcoin-centric discussion about the merits of Bitcoin.

If people like government force (i.e. anti libertarian principles) then they like the possibility of controlling or completely stopping bitcoin with force

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:21:47 AM

@Topic:

If people like government force (i.e. anti libertarian principles) then they like the possibility of controlling or completely stopping bitcoin with force
No, the two entities can coexist. Bitcoin is very popular among social liberals, true, but even social conservatives (e.g. Luke-Jr) use it. Bitcoin is politically trans-spectrum, and should remain that way.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 02:36:07 AM

No, the two entities can coexist. Bitcoin is very popular among social liberals, true, but even social conservatives (e.g. Luke-Jr) use it. Bitcoin is politically trans-spectrum, and should remain that way.

On the contrary, if Bitcoin or its successors are successful, Politics as we know it will essentially go out the window.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=100804.0

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:32:45 PM

On the contrary, if Bitcoin or its successors are successful, Politics as we know it will essentially go out the window.

Bitcoin can be regulated just like any other currency. It's just that one can now choose whether to be regulated or not. Politics will not go out the window.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:35:05 PM

Bitcoin can be regulated just like any other currency. It's just that one can now choose whether to be regulated or not. Politics will not go out the window.

Bingo. Bitcoin does not cure cancer, it just slowly impedes the process at which cancer cells can get their food and teachers other healthy cells that they're not alone, giving them some reason to fight. This is a 200 year battle we're in. Bitcoin is just a whisper of an innovation in the right direction, one that looks to us like the most interesting thing in our decade.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:37:59 PM

The day they will be able to effectively "regulate" bitcoins, I'm out for good.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:45:15 PM

I know some people are against taxes (I'm not, just against forced taxes for things I don't want to participate in and don't ask for) but do you expect to pay taxes on bitcoins?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 09:47:10 PM

Bingo. Bitcoin does not cure cancer, it just slowly impedes the process at which cancer cells can get their food and teachers other healthy cells that they're not alone, giving them some reason to fight. This is a 200 year battle we're in. Bitcoin is just a whisper of an innovation in the right direction, one that looks to us like the most interesting thing in our decade.

Bitcoin is a currency that the users of can decide whether or not to be regulated. It makes taxes voluntary. That's the game changer. It's not a cure for cancer, it's a means to starve the cancer.

I know some people are against taxes (I'm not, just against forced taxes for things I don't want to participate in and don't ask for) but do you expect to pay taxes on bitcoins?

In other words, you're against taxes. If you're not forced, it's not a tax.

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:50:57 PM

Bitcoin is a currency that the users of can decide whether or not to be regulated. It makes taxes voluntary. That's the game changer. It's not a cure for cancer, it's a means to starve the cancer.
Taxes being voluntary doesn't starve the government. In fact, the IRS isn't even going to care if most people just stop paying taxes with USD. They only target people who are worth targeting, and that doesn't change with Bitcoin. It just gets harder.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:51:50 PM

I consider a moral duty to do my best to not pay any tax, and that is one of the reasons I am into into bitcoins.
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:53:11 PM

I consider a moral duty to do my best to not pay any tax, and that is one of the reasons I am into into bitcoins.
Just don't pay it. Unless you earn a significant amount, the IRS isn't going to go after you.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 09:55:32 PM

Taxes being voluntary doesn't starve the government. In fact, the IRS isn't even going to care if most people just stop paying taxes with USD. They only target people who are worth targeting, and that doesn't change with Bitcoin. It just gets harder.

Yup, they'll actually have to offer services that people will want to pay for.

Sound familiar?

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:56:38 PM

Just don't pay it. Unless you earn a significant amount, the IRS isn't going to go after you.

That would be unlikely, until I have a neuropean citizenship.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:57:48 PM

In other words, you're against taxes. If you're not forced, it's not a tax.

To tax (from the Latin taxo; "I estimate") is to impose a financial charge or other levy upon a taxpayer (an individual or legal entity) by a state or the functional equivalent of a state such that failure to pay is punishable by law.
Oh okay. So I'm against taxes as well, but I don't mind paying them when it enables opportunities.  Grin

Is that because you don't agree with what the money is used for, or because you're an anarchist or something of that nature?

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 10:00:27 PM

Yup, they'll actually have to offer services that people will want to pay for.

Sound familiar?
No, they'll still collect taxes from people that want to pay them. There are a lot of those people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: