Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:57:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAVELOCK tried to BRIBE ME!  (Read 6618 times)
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:42:23 AM

There was no "Bribe" offered to Airwolf by Havelock.

Airwolf has been blasting our email all week with threats of physical harm to our employees and their families if we didn't get him his Bitcoin that he invested with AMHASH.

One of our support personal just got tired of his constant harrasing and asked him "if I give you 10BTC would you just go away?".  It wasn't a serious offer for payment, it was more of a question if he can stop harassing us.  Sure enough Airwolf turns around and tries to play a hero by claiming we somehow tried to " bribe" him.

Havelock

James one of your support personnel? You mean one of your alter-egos? C'mon it is only you you even did not use proxy from panama to send your email. Mailboxes are still hosted by lightbox. You are THE ONLY person behind havelock. And yes you offered Airwolf 10 BTC to go away, which means you feel responsible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AirWolf (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Havelock robbed me 170BTC

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:43:12 PM

AND THIS PROVES IT WAS A BRIBE ATTEMPT!!

HAVELOCK ROBBED ME MORE THAN 170BTC - BEWARE OF THIS THIEVES!
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:57:03 PM

Sebastian please try not to quote Silverspoon/notlambchop/Crumbs. Most of us have him on ignore and would appreciate not seeing his verbal diarrhea.

@Chef Ramsay, I don't think it's realistic for havelock to reimburse investors. Afaik they don't have any obligation to do so, and I really doubt they could even if they tried. (probably don't even have enough btc to reimburse 1/10th of amhash holders)

Real/regulated exchanges like the NYSE don't reimburse investors when a scam listed on their exchange collapses, so why would havelock?

NYSE entities are covered by law enforcement and SEC regulation, on top of their own regulation that is binding for law enforcement. You have on one hand audits and certain prison for either falsifying data or running away with funds.

Since experience proves that whatever verification Havelock are doing has not provided any protection whatsoever, it would make sense for them to provide some sort of insurance/deposit policy (didn't they take deposit for AMHash? or was it ASICMiner?). In any case I'm very skeptical that it can work now, it just doesn't make sense to put hard BTC into securities without guarantees of transparency and given the track record, no effective supervision. It's more effective to do it in a regular stock market if you are in a sensible jurisdiction.

First it was GLBSE (who BTW scammed FriedCat) and now this.

Effectively it's the same as just launching an informal security scheme here is the forum. So what's the point, other than allowing quick speculation with stocks? Not worth it IMO at the cost of adding an extra layer that may also fail and that will take commission. Formal stock exchanges are not mere brokers with some informal curation of the listed stocks, and that's so for very good reason.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:03:25 PM

If Havelock really is willing to pay 10 BTC just for him to let go of all this stuff, I don't think that their funding situation is that dire. But I think it's pretty unprofessional if these mails really come from Havelock!

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:07:33 PM

If Havelock really is willing to pay 10 BTC just for him to let go of all this stuff, I don't think that their funding situation is that dire. But I think it's pretty unprofessional if these mails really come from Havelock!

How so? 10BTC is always going to be better than facing a claim in the hundreds. Also, if they have to go to court that will definitely cost them more than 10BTC at current prices.

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:17:06 PM

Sebastian please try not to quote Silverspoon/notlambchop/Crumbs. Most of us have him on ignore and would appreciate not seeing his verbal diarrhea.

@Chef Ramsay, I don't think it's realistic for havelock to reimburse investors. Afaik they don't have any obligation to do so, and I really doubt they could even if they tried. (probably don't even have enough btc to reimburse 1/10th of amhash holders)

Real/regulated exchanges like the NYSE don't reimburse investors when a scam listed on their exchange collapses, so why would havelock?

I see... his new post doesnt make much sense too. Ill ignore him now.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:27:27 PM

>his new post doesnt make much sense
I try to take intellectual limitations into account, opting for gifs instead of wordses whenever possible.
If there's anything you don't understand, I'll gladly explain it to you.

But maybe i still miss some piece of it...

You are.
Like you, many of the finance & currency aficionados of these fora are tragically naive.  That, along with unmitigated greed & soothing reassurances of "respected members," is why they failed to see what an average 5-yr.-old would have spotted from a mile away.  That's why they "invested."

But I refuse to extend the same leniency to Havelock, who claims to vet its offerings.  It's Havelock's business, and if your butcher keeps selling you rotten meat, he's either a crook, or unfit to be a butcher. 

So even if Havelock's really as clueless as you generously allow him to be, he's fuckin' dangerous.  He must immediately stop playing Panamanian exchange & return to something better suited to his natural abilities, like digging ditches.

Still chat with Ukyo Jon?
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:39:01 PM

How so? 10BTC is always going to be better than facing a claim in the hundreds. Also, if they have to go to court that will definitely cost them more than 10BTC at current prices.

Yeah but paying someone 10 BTC just to go away could very well be interpreted as a way of admitting your guilt or something. Also people were claiming that Havelock loses a lot of money and may become insolvent.

Silverspoon

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:58:16 PM

...Also people were claiming that Havelock loses a lot of money and may become insolvent.

Claiming?  Go here:  https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reports.php
scroll down to here: 

Click on Havelock's own reports, read.
Presto, claims confirmed.

Now I'm not saying that Havelock is being honest with its financials, but if he's lying to his investors, ain't that even worse?
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:05:18 PM

...Also people were claiming that Havelock loses a lot of money and may become insolvent.

scroll down to here: 

Now I'm not saying that Havelock is being honest with its financials, but if he's lying to his investors, ain't that even worse?

Well yeah, I know those reports. But what if the whole operation is backed with a stash of, say, 5000 BTC they got when they were $2 each. They could be in for the very long run and build up a brand for when there are legit stocks ('again').

Silverspoon

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:09:09 PM

scroll down to here: 

Well yeah, I know those reports. But what if the whole operation is backed with a stash of, say, 5000 BTC they got when they were $2 each. They could be in for the very long run and build up a brand for when there are legit stocks ('again').

I envy your fantasy life.  Just hope your trippy visions weren't chemically enhanced by Evo product.  'Cos just like AM/AMH, it gone Sad
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:15:06 PM

scroll down to here: 

I envy your fantasy life.  Just hope your trippy visions weren't chemically enhanced by Evo product.  'Cos just like AM/AMH, it gone Sad

What, really? Man, everything seems to be going down these days... Do you think there might be a connection between them an AM going down?

Silverspoon

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:22:23 PM

^Yeah.  Bitcoin Cheesy
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:27:07 PM

^Yeah.  Bitcoin Cheesy

Yeah, Bitcoin is also going down, man... Darn... I really wonder whether I made the right call to invest in this. Being down 90% does suck big time...

AirWolf (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Havelock robbed me 170BTC

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:05:26 PM

Bitcoin eco system is being weigh down by this parasites, check this:

http://www.coindesk.com/dark-market-evolution-vanishes-with-12-million-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=CoinDesk+subscribers&utm_campaign=c2af8de736-EMAIL_RSS_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74abb9e6ab-c2af8de736-78880849

http://www.coindesk.com/coinapult-loses-40k-hot-wallet-compromise/?utm_source=CoinDesk+subscribers&utm_campaign=c2af8de736-EMAIL_RSS_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74abb9e6ab-c2af8de736-78880849

And nobody demands nothing, this is becoming the land of thieves and the home of the sheep

HAVELOCK ROBBED ME MORE THAN 170BTC - BEWARE OF THIS THIEVES!
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:00:48 PM

What I am saying is that word is going around that heretofore HL had an impeccable reputation in terms of investors feeling safe in investing in securities or whatever you want to call them on their hosting playground. I would've imagined they'd like to keep their pristine reputation but now that is shot at the moment. I'm not saying obligated but having the vested self interest in keeping a clean playing field. Not saying that people are going to stop looking into their hosted securities but things are just flat out different now. Investors are naturally going to feel for other investors that got scammed and part of the reason this happened was because AmHash was paying a fee to operate their plans so now, by default, HL is liable in the minds of interested parties. As I said, either HL set aside a portion of every fee they collected for a rainy day like now or do more investigative motions before hand to make sure they'd have a way to get back at any one of their hosted securities should they have gone rogue. The other solution, charge more for certain levels that these securities could operate under (more shares sold/higher income levels what have you) to keep a better lid on things spiraling out of control. It's not a perfect solution but when you're trying (supposedly) to maintain a top shelf trusting status in such an unregulated market, you need to employ your own stringent standards to keep the laundry clean.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:57:45 AM

scroll down to here: 

If they had that BTC prior to HL why would they burn it in a money-losing business?

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:32:53 AM

^Yeah.  Bitcoin Cheesy

Yeah, Bitcoin is also going down, man... Darn... I really wonder whether I made the right call to invest in this. Being down 90% does suck big time...
The last thing you do is take info/remarks/solace from the trollface otherwise known as lambcrotch/silvercrotch or whatever else shows their face. Do not quote, acknowledge nor pay no mind to known trolls especially their new accounts during your research after the fact period. Thx but you should know better.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:12:51 PM

Bitcoin eco system is being weigh down by this parasites, check this:

http://www.coindesk.com/dark-market-evolution-vanishes-with-12-million-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=CoinDesk+subscribers&utm_campaign=c2af8de736-EMAIL_RSS_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74abb9e6ab-c2af8de736-78880849

And nobody demands nothing, this is becoming the land of thieves and the home of the sheep

If someone is a drug dealer or carder maybe asking the police for help is not the best idea Smiley.
Puppet
Legendary

Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:49:38 PM

A bitcoin exchange <-> "very long run"?
Lol.

In the "very long run" (I take it that means 6-12 months or so), at best it will be closed by authorities. Now Ill grant they seem to have been honest so far, but so has every exit scam in bitcoin history, including now AM. Current trading volume on HL is ~4 BTC per day. x 0.4% fees x30 days = ~0.5 BTC / month.  Who would you trust to hold 100s or 1000s of bitcoins, if that person earns  0.5 BTC per month before expenses ?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: