Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me know if I am getting this right.  (Read 2072 times)
Tori_Stanwood (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:20:27 AM

DannyHamilton, your points are taken. However let me ask you. Lets say they have the subpena powers needed and could threaten someones life. BUT with everything you said your talking about putting a lot of resources into the effort to track a few thousand dollars. I understand the point your making and that is defiantly what I am looking for. But lets the reward on their side for one transaction is going to be catching someone that is trying to hide their tracks of where $15.000 went. Would it be a realistic senerio for law enforcement or a PI to this much into hunting it. At some point it becomes counter productive on their part. Now I am not talking about hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. What are your thoughts here?

Please don't take it as me saying your not giving good info. I am taking in everything because I need to learn. But what are your thoughts on the above. Thanks
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:55:17 AM

You might evade tracking for a while but if someone is looking they can find you and it all goes back to how careful you are too.  Are you a social butterfly?  People will ask questions.  It's not always as simple as a secure digital wallet or the latest hashing technology.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Tori_Stanwood (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:44:37 AM

No butterfly here. I have been doing this for years. Just now I need a much safer method of getting paid. Dealing with a bullet makes you rethink the weakness in the system you've used for many years and that is where I am.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:50:36 AM

[....] put the cash into Bitcoin and [....]

So you're planning to buy Bitcoin using cash? Then you're already buying it anonymously in the first place, right? No KYC, nothing.
Why do you want to go those extra miles to buy-trade-sell highway if you're buying it anonymously in the first place?

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:03:09 AM

You might evade tracking for a while but if someone is looking they can find you and it all goes back to how careful you are too.  Are you a social butterfly?  People will ask questions.  It's not always as simple as a secure digital wallet or the latest hashing technology.

If DPR didnt  fuck up by using his real name to do stuff at the start silkroad 1 might still be running to this day  

online  payments can be obscured in many ways but real life fuck ups can take you down
Tori_Stanwood (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:30:05 PM

No, not cash anymore. See I have always done business by cash. However as dangerous as it has always been I was able to use a middleman. I lost the two I was using because, well one got married and it was hard for him to continue. The other had a situation. So then I started having to take the risk. Then I had a situation last year and here I am. If I were dealing cash only as I used to then it would be no problem at all.

So for now forward it will be done with crypto only. Thus I am learning everything I can as soon as I can. While working on getting a current order together - which worked out sooner than I expected I am now having to scramble to get this all figured out and working.

I know I can do everything 100% on my side and it only takes one person to mess up. So that's why I am not out looking for another runner. I am not gonna take the chance to make a mistake and trust someone I shouldn't. Again, if I use crypto then I am the only person I need to be concerned with. And trust me when I say. When the stakes are high. You cannot trust anyone other than yourself.
Webnet

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DaDice! Next Generation Dice Game

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:04:13 PM

if properly mixed the. coin shouldn't be traced back to u also the use of exchangers and altcoins works as well.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:06:38 PM

No, not cash anymore. See I have always done business by cash. However as dangerous as it has always been I was able to use a middleman. I lost the two I was using because, well one got married and it was hard for him to continue. The other had a situation. So then I started having to take the risk. Then I had a situation last year and here I am. If I were dealing cash only as I used to then it would be no problem at all.

So for now forward it will be done with crypto only. Thus I am learning everything I can as soon as I can. While working on getting a current order together - which worked out sooner than I expected I am now having to scramble to get this all figured out and working.

I know I can do everything 100% on my side and it only takes one person to mess up. So that's why I am not out looking for another runner. I am not gonna take the chance to make a mistake and trust someone I shouldn't. Again, if I use crypto then I am the only person I need to be concerned with. And trust me when I say. When the stakes are high. You cannot trust anyone other than yourself.
Are you stating that you are only going to be accepting payment for services rendered in crypto?  Maybe I'm missing some key piece of info here, and I've been following this thread.  I assume you are eventually looking to transfer the BTC you receive for services back into fiat, yes?  Any exchange you use for that purpose (coinbase, circle, etc) will have at least some level of KYC involved - usually via your linked bank account and credit cards.  Have you considered localbitcoins.com?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:00:37 PM

You need to go buy a bitcoin like anyone else here would near a local area by using localbitcoins.com.

From there plan out ahead on discussing rates, if you were to be a constant regular then just a 1 time thing.

If you are doing a cash business fix a rate based on the volume you bring in for the seller, the question is now if the seller is large enough to do this for you.

If not, then you`ll have to repeat the process finding multiple local channels.

Tori_Stanwood (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:48:49 PM

I am getting ready to ask another question using another thread. However this thread got me some really good info and I just wanted to thank all of you for your input on this and other threads I have posted here. You guys are very knowledgeable and I thank u.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:27:27 PM

What I need to do is put the cash into Bitcoin and the next move is to move it into another crypto such as Monero, Darkcoin, Ripple, Litecoin or whatever. Doing this will break the blockchain connected to Bitcoin thus the trace to me is lost. I can then rebuy some bitcoin with a clean blockchain and without any worries be able to sell the bitcoin somewhere like  LocalBitcoins-com without a concern of it coming back to me and the person that I sell my coin to is safe and getting clean coin. Using mixers or wallet from what I am finding WILL NOT IN ANY WAY MAKE THE COIN CLEANER AND UNTRACEABLE. It is only when I break the blockchain by moving to another crypto that I am really getting rid of the blockchain and any way the chain of custody from the sender to me is broken.

Your plan is needlessly complicated. The purpose of a mixer is to give you new coins that are not connected to your old coins in any way. You don't have to switch currencies to "break the blockchain". A good mixer should be sufficient.

Even just depositing and withdrawing coins at an exchange can also be sufficient because it works just like a mixer: the coins you withdraw are not connected (in any meaningful way) to the coins you deposit because they come from a wallet shared by all customers. For example, if you send your coins to localbitcoins and then sell them, the buyer will get coins that are not connected to your original coins.

The drawback to using mixers and exchanges is that they keep records of your transactions, effectively maintaining the trail, though not in the block chain. Please note that simply switching currencies does not help because these transactions are also recorded.

The only way I know to break the chain completely is to switch to an anonymous currency, such as Darkcoin, which has anonymous mixing built in.

I normally use TOR when doing much of anything. So why not just use TOR.
TOR has no effect on how transactions are recorded in the block chain. It prevents sites you are connected to from knowing your IP.

I am reading up on Sharedcoin now. Anyone have any good links? If I were making millions then I would think there would be no way to move that around. I would have to hire some people to do that. I would love to find a good method then make some worthwhile donations.
It's really simple, you login at blockchain.info, at Sending Money choose SharedCoin, send, and it's done.

Blockchain.info's shared coin is not completely anonymous because it is susceptible to statistical analysis.

But what would happen if the coins you receive back from a mixer or from withdrawing your coins from an exchange come from criminal precedence?
For example, im a good guy not doing anything illegal I just want to stay anonymous for the sake of it. I use a mixer, but then those coins come from a criminal activity. Isn't this defeating the point or im missing something?
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:49:30 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 06:03:15 PM by deisik

I am doing this by memory. I cannot pull up the links I have read. This is one link I did find that I am taking some info from. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786544.0   - but I did read somewhere that bitcoins are linked with an "internet like link" and it is designed this way for the purpose of tracking.
And in this link http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/11580/how-untraceable-is-bitcoin on point 3 they say they are traceable, but may not be traceable directly back to me. But could be if enough work and effort is put in.
A few places I have read say the ip address IS directly connected to bitcoin transactions going very far back. One post I saw said that having a verifiable ip connected to any "chain of custody" of bit coin transactions can be and will be tracked back to any certain point in time if there is a need.

An example given to me in a private conversation from someone who has done what I am trying to do said that you should not allow an ip address to be connected to any bitcoin transaction and to run different bitcoin values through different mixers and wallets and he did mention using some bit coin to buy Darkcoin and then move it back to bitcoin varing the amount and times to make it as clean as possible.

If you're worried with IPs just use a Blockchain.info wallet through TOR, they even have an onion address, https://blockchainbdgpzk.onion .

Many people from the dark side got burnt recently when they had been using a Blockchain.info wallet through TOR. As I got it, Blockchain.info now denies access to its wallets through TOR nodes. Regarding the question the OP asks, why not exchange bitcoins (or fiat) for darknotes and then back to bitcoins? If I'm not mistaken, they provide round-robin style anonymity, so no one will essentially be able to trace him...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:47:45 PM

you should mine bitcoin then and use a mixer, if you really want a good anonimity

mining ensure complete anonimity to gain bitcoin, and with a good mixer you can add anonimity to your transactions, the problem is that mining is not really profitable...
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:50:17 AM

put them into a large insured  exchange ,they will probably get sent to the cold wallet
with 200,000 other  btc

the coins you withdraw 24 hours  later will most likely  be differnt ones
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:43:17 AM

Can I ask what the heck "Like right now I was requested to locate some info that is worth a few thousand $. After several weeks I got the info needed" means you do?

I think the week spot is you will want to withdrawal it someday on BTC address.  Once you do that address is linked to you.  One mistake and the whole thing falls apart.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: