Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:22:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashnest 's newest PACMiC Cloud Mining Contract  (Read 20685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:59:17 PM

Should be around an 8.5% APR, will have to double check my spreadsheets though to make sure that is about right.

Hashnest website says annualized ROI is 25.2288%, so either they are guilty of false advertising or your calcs are way off.

Hmm, I just saw that.  I will publish my calcs in a bit on google docs, but I don't see how I could be off by that far.  IDK though, it could be possible.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:43:42 PM

Should be around an 8.5% APR, will have to double check my spreadsheets though to make sure that is about right.

Hashnest website says annualized ROI is 25.2288%, so either they are guilty of false advertising or your calcs are way off.

Here is my spreadsheet...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zbKKyXtW0vcfGDufk_UIRg_gAi0JzjsFwvB7LGj8bOI/edit?usp=sharing

I am not getting to the 25% APR, perhaps I have an error?  Can anyone correct my calcs for the V2 and V3?

TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:10:10 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zbKKyXtW0vcfGDufk_UIRg_gAi0JzjsFwvB7LGj8bOI/edit?usp=sharing

I am not getting to the 25% APR, perhaps I have an error?  Can anyone correct my calcs for the V2 and V3?

So your 7% is based on the 107 days your contract ran.  If it had ran for a full year, hence an "Annual Percentage Rate" it would be around 25%.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:24:37 AM

So your 7% is based on the 107 days your contract ran.  If it had ran for a full year, hence an "Annual Percentage Rate" it would be around 25%.

No, the 7% is the annualized rate for the V2, on the next tab for V3 the annualized is 12.73%.

I think the 25% comes from if the same amount of profit was paid as the first block of every contract, for every block.  That gets me to around 25% I believe, but that is not really a fair way to evaluate the asset.

TracerX

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:27:18 AM

No, the 7% is the annualized rate for the V2, on the next tab for V3 the annualized is 12.73%.

I think the 25% comes from if the same amount of profit was paid as the first block of every contract, for every block.  That gets me to around 25% I believe, but that is not really a fair way to evaluate the asset.

As always, you've out-mathed me!  ;-)  Thanks for the analysis.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:29:48 AM

No no, please scrutinize.  I think my math is correct, but it just seems so far off from what Bitmain says that I am skeptical.  If I am right, then they are advertising way over what that asset should be showing as a APR.

TracerX

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:34:47 AM

My poor math skills besides, 12% APR is an amazing rate for a suitably benign risk.  We've become spoiled, perhaps, with the returns that can one can reap in the world of cryptocurrency.

I was pleased with the V1, so I'll give V3 a shot.

(I'll fire up a Google sheet this week and see what I come up with...)
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:47:39 AM

No no, please scrutinize.  I think my math is correct, but it just seems so far off from what Bitmain says that I am skeptical.  If I am right, then they are advertising way over what that asset should be showing as a APR.

I think they take the "auto-Rebuy" feature. If we can re-invest the proceeds, it may reach much higher APR than 12.73%, but I have not done the model yet.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:28:36 PM

Got a question, might had been answered already but if we buy on the market say an S5 or something for x amount of gh/s do we keep that until we sell it or becomes unprofitable, its not a contract is it? Not talking about the Pacmic contracts ..

Thanks

Icon

pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:30:57 PM

Got a question, might had been answered already but if we buy on the market say an S5 or something for x amount of gh/s do we keep that until we sell it or becomes unprofitable, its not a contract is it? Not talking about the Pacmic contracts ..

Thanks

Icon

yes buying at market  when the order gets executed  it will appear in ur act . shop will take 3 days.  reguarding the market , yes u can buy it   and sell it as u please. when it becomes unprofitable  u can pay  for shipping and they will send u a machine for every 1155 ghs u have  of s5, it will be a different amt for other machines.
Icon

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:01:29 PM

so whats with the maintenance to pps %
Does that mean if it has 85% means that 85% is used toward maintenance?

Humm

Icon

example

https://www.hashnest.com/hash_currencies/24/income
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:13:43 PM

so whats with the maintenance to pps %
Does that mean if it has 85% means that 85% is used toward maintenance?

Humm

Icon

example

https://www.hashnest.com/hash_currencies/24/income
  are u lord icon i see u at there chat haha ,  at any rate,    pps  means they pay u once a day one large sum.( umisoo, s2)
ppls ( the rest of the gear)  pays and charges fees block to block.  the longer the block takes the more it eats up ur block profit and yes it can be negative . fast blocks mean more for sats for us.  so yes pps 85 percent means it charges 85 percent fee,  and ppls mode  is just the overall maintee fee  avergage out.
Icon

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:09:12 PM

Yea that was me Smiley  anyways here is a question for ya, how is it buying more hash rate (reinvest on) makes more btc? Seeing the contract stops at .666 btc, seems to me buying more hashrate just speeds up the time to hit the .666 btc and really blowing the earnings seeing we get paid to wait Smiley earning .08 sotisih per second mining.

Or does reinvesting add to the .666 debt? Meaning our reinvestment adds to what Bitman has to pay us back..

Icon

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:26:49 PM

Yea that was me Smiley  anyways here is a question for ya, how is it buying more hash rate (reinvest on) makes more btc? Seeing the contract stops at .666 btc, seems to me buying more hashrate just speeds up the time to hit the .666 btc and really blowing the earnings seeing we get paid to wait Smiley earning .08 sotisih per second mining.

Or does reinvesting add to the .666 debt? Meaning our reinvestment adds to what Bitman has to pay us back..

Icon

Yes, all the profit that you earned from each block mined gets added to your principal amount, then the next block takes the amount of profit you earn times the outstanding principal amount, which is now higher than .666.  Basically you are compounding your profits.

Icon

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:45:09 PM

Just to clarify, that means Bitman will owe me more then .666 btc back seeing i keep buying more gh/s from them?

Thanks

Icon
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:46:27 PM

Just to clarify, that means Bitman will owe me more then .666 btc back seeing i keep buying more gh/s from them?

Thanks

Icon

Yes.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:35:43 PM

I don't see where the specified 0.098 cent electric for the "optimal S5 miner" part is figured?

I did a rough calculation last week, at 2% diff increase, and came up with ballpark 250ish days to pay back the initial .666 BTC and a small profit.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:10:45 PM

I don't see where the specified 0.098 cent electric for the "optimal S5 miner" part is figured?

I did a rough calculation last week, at 2% diff increase, and came up with ballpark 250ish days to pay back the initial .666 BTC and a small profit.

That spreadsheet doesn't care about electricity price.  All it does it figure out how long it will take to pay back .666 btc with 1 TH/s of mining power based on how many blocks Antpool should be finding per day.

As of right now, it will take roughly 80 days to pay back .666 btc on a PACMiC contract with a 5% difficulty increase.
A S5 will become unprofitable after roughly 120 days.

That is a 40 day difference, for me that is under the 50 day difference I try to keep it over and as such, I usually turn off the auto rebuy at this point.  But, I think the price will rebound and the difficulty adjustments will be low for another 2 or 3 rounds before we see some bigger growth, so I will leave my auto rebuy on for now.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:29:48 AM

You're missing the point.

That 0.098 "electric/maintainance fee" appears to come right off the top of the "payback" part of the PACMIC contract, if I'm reading the bloody thing right. Therefore your estimate of 80 days for payback seems WILDLY optimistic, even at ZERO difficulty increase.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:41:42 AM

ICBW but...

The 0.098 does not come off anything, there is no maintenance fees on pacmic contracts.

That price is only relevant if difficulty jumps or btc falls and they would be unprofitable to run on 0.098 electric, that is when they suspend the contract.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: