Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sign your bitcoin address - Post, Quote and get quoted.  (Read 2180 times)
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:39:10 PM

EDIT : it seems like ndnhc is moving it to TC's thread and will be locking this

Nope, not going to. I will wait till it either gets to 10 pages or this thread is inactive for 2 days, I will move this to Auction probably and anyway, lock it forever.

Moving this to the auction board does not help if your account is compromised. You can move it to somewhere else -> edit -> move it back. I do think that the forum needs to provide a special thread for this very thing though...that can only be edited by admins.

That is possible only if, I hacked the account (logically speaking, I don't have the expertise to do it), and those 2 quoted members are my alts and I hacked the account quoted by my alts?

If I move, lock, relock etc, won't it be noticed or something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 05:40:15 PM

SMF has no merge features* and honestly, there wasn't need of this post as there was already one. This should be either moved to Trashcan or Archival.

* Said by SaltySpitoon
wasnt aware that there is no merge option here
 =snip=
No merge feature? Badbear merged my threads once, so there must be a merge feature. Maybe merging is only available to admins?

It isn't available in SMF. AFAIK it can be done by moving certain posts to other threads but it can't be done in a *click*.

Sadly, SMF has no merging features. I understand what they are going through, and their posts are constructive and not something that the moderators want to delete, however the thread creation is spam, so we have started locking/merging his threads linking through a single thread's OP.

EDIT : it seems like ndnhc is moving it to TC's thread and will be locking this

Nope, not going to. I will wait till it either gets to 10 pages or this thread is inactive for 2 days, I will move this to Auction probably and anyway, lock it forever.

Moving this to the auction board does not help if your account is compromised. You can move it to somewhere else -> edit -> move it back. I do think that the forum needs to provide a special thread for this very thing though...that can only be edited by admins.

Sending a PM to DefaultTrust is enough for recovering but it can only be seen by Admins.

Personally, I think both threads are useless due to the ability to edit.

I PMed my bitcoin address to DefaultTrust some time ago.  That is all Theymos needs to verify it's me.

=snip= do you know how to find it? =snip=

Found that we can get message ID by going to 'Outbox' and then clicking/copying a message link from the list. What if the user doesn't save PMs sent in 'Outbox'? Is there any alternative to the method I said?

ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:47:32 PM

It isn't available in SMF. AFAIK it can be done by moving certain posts to other threads but it can't be done in a *click*.

Sadly, SMF has no merging features. I understand what they are going through, and their posts are constructive and not something that the moderators want to delete, however the thread creation is spam, so we have started locking/merging his threads linking through a single thread's OP.

Yeah. It would be a complex feature implementation-wise. But I think it would be very useful feature in a few cases - say I want to merge two interlinked topics started by me. AFAIK not there in the new forum either.

Personally, I think both threads are useless due to the ability to edit.

Edits are visible. I don't any problem there.

OP updated to point to thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0

Locked.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: