Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:57:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 697 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark=  (Read 826667 times)
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:46:41 PM

I am not a coder myself so it is difficult for me to asses the legitimacy of a project especially if there is so little peer review or information, there is not even a whitepaper explaining the basic tenets of the anonymity.

I've got 2 suggestions to choose from:

1. Learn to code and see for yourself if it's any good (my choice).
2. Hire someone to do it for you.

Don't expect anyone to do it for you for free. That's our comparative advantage, and it's worth money.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:49:02 PM

post getting lost on other pages.

can you help me with my nodes.

I have moved my nodes to another computer copied everything accross set up tor exactly the same but now when i try to start the nodes it says unable to connect ajhdlksafasf.oinion.9999.

It is the same setup as i had before on other computer.

I have then gone back and checked to see if they work on the other computer still and they dont! the same again when i type masternode start it says unable to connect ashfladgaf.oinion:9999.

The conf files are the same that were working before.

the wallets them selves on both computer still load and sync and assume they can still send coins i havent tested tho.

thanks

did you change the .onion address to the new one created on the new computer?

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
borris123

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:50:15 PM

I have moved my nodes to another computer copied everything accross set up tor exactly the same but now when i try to start the nodes it says unable to connect ajhdlksafasf.oinion.9999.

I have then gone back and checked to see if they work on the other computer still and they dont! the same again when i type masternode start it says unable to connect ashfladgaf.oinion:9999.

the wallets them selves on both computer still load and sync and assume they can still send coins i havent tested tho.

thanks

ye i tried it a few times thinking it was just a dodgy generated one
goblynn

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:52:10 PM

thanks

perhaps try reinstalling tor? and deleting that address file?

borris123

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:54:09 PM

thanks

tried that to. Is there sme sort of resync i need to do as i have moved computers and it is different ip or summit like that?
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:54:43 PM

We should request that ICM fixes the github and gives proper credit to the prior contributors of the code base. Could you do this for the community industrialcoinmagic?
This would be a good chance to prove yourself as being a good and competent developer that is responsive to the community.
I would personally buy the rest that i need for a masternode if you did this, since it would greatly increase my confidence in CRAVE and i am sure many others would feel the same way. The way the github looks now is just unprofessional and does not inspire confidence, please fix the github dev and give proper credit to the prior contributors of the code base, it is the right thing to do.
Seems he has disapeared and he broke promise of giving an update today to go watch movies.
Just have a look at the cloak thread. It's the same thing that happened there. Alty a.k.a. ICM a.k.a. whatnotelse will now slowly subside from the community. In a couple of weeks, there will be a minor pump (which won't even get nearly close to previous highs) to get more of your coins (not crave, but the real ones: Bitcoin) and then, the coin will be left to die a slow death.

I know it's hard to realize to have misinvested. Trust me, I know this feeling very, very well. But you (the community in this thread in general, not the user I'm quoting) should at least not bring those into discredit who try to warn you, because they have experienced and witnessed this whole mess over and over again.

I don't know who it was, but telling me "you know where the door is" when all I am doing is telling people the facts which I have seen when cloak happened (heck, they're even using the same forum… all this old crap is being recycled over and over, and nobody even cares!), without attacking anybody personally is either just unthankfulness, ignorance or a shill account of Bobo the clown.
I bought in after the crash in the price, I recognize a bubble when i see one. Thank you for supporting what i am saying though and i agree that people should be thanking me for my skepticism. I want financial privacy and freedom like i am sure many of us here do as well, we are on the same side we should not be attacking each other. For the record i am not a payed troll or an alt of somebody else as has been suggested here. I am not a coder myself so it is difficult for me to asses the legitimacy of a project especially if there is so little peer review or information, there is not even a whitepaper explaining the basic tenets of the anonymity. I want to invest in all real anonymous cryptocurrencies, I just need to be convinced that this is a legitimate project. If the github traces back to the contributors then it should be easier to review the code and most likely more code reviews can be done so that we can all be assured that it does work, I am sure there are many investors here that feel the same way that i do. Fixing the github is in the best interests of CRAVE and we should all be embracing this idea and request that the developer does this IMHO.

Why the veil? Are you not a wolf in sheeps clothing? Please prove me wrong...

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
goblynn

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:59:33 PM

thanks

tried that to. Is there sme sort of resync i need to do as i have moved computers and it is different ip or summit like that?

maybe you can try setting up an apache server with like XAMPP or something and see if you can connect to it with your tor .onion address

if you can..maybe its a port issue

abrakadabra

Activity: 639
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:01:05 PM

For those of you that want to compile crave:
Assuming you have all the dependencies.

For libsecp256k1:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1.git
cd secp256k1
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
plz help
Code:
@ubu:~/secp256k1$ sudo make install
make[1]: Bxoд в кaтaлoг `/home/user/secp256k1'
 /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/lib'
 /bin/bash ./libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c   libsecp256k1.la '/usr/local/lib'
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libsecp256k1.so.0.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libsecp256k1.so.0.0.0
libtool: install: (cd /usr/local/lib && { ln -s -f libsecp256k1.so.0.0.0 libsecp256k1.so.0 || { rm -f libsecp256k1.so.0 && ln -s libsecp256k1.so.0.0.0 libsecp256k1.so.0; }; })
libtool: install: (cd /usr/local/lib && { ln -s -f libsecp256k1.so.0.0.0 libsecp256k1.so || { rm -f libsecp256k1.so && ln -s libsecp256k1.so.0.0.0 libsecp256k1.so; }; })
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libsecp256k1.lai /usr/local/lib/libsecp256k1.la
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libsecp256k1.a /usr/local/lib/libsecp256k1.a
libtool: install: chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/libsecp256k1.a
libtool: install: /usr/bin/ranlib /usr/local/lib/libsecp256k1.a
libtool: finish: PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/sbin" ldconfig -n /usr/local/lib
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/include'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 include/secp256k1.h '/usr/local/include'
 /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 libsecp256k1.pc '/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig'
make[1]: Bыxoд из кaтaлoгa `/home/user/secp256k1'
borris123

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:02:53 PM

thanks

maybe you can try setting up an apache server with like XAMPP or something and see if you can connect to it with your tor .onion address

but it was working on the other computer at first and then stopped once i installed it on the other one. Is it a tor problem? only thing i can think to try is make whole new wallets for the nodes and see if that works but that seems a pain in the arse
goblynn

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:05:34 PM

thanks

but it was working on the other computer at first and then stopped once i installed it on the other one. Is it a tor problem? only thing i can think to try is make whole new wallets for the nodes and see if that works but that seems a pain in the arse

it could be a port issue...i was able to setup tor and i was able to connect to my XAMPP apache server...but was unable to connect to the masternode server...then i did some port scans on 9999 and it was closed...tried to do some port forwarding on my router but for some reason the port forwarding wasnt working for me  and port never became open Sad

VeritasSapere

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:07:56 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 05:18:59 PM by VeritasSapere

I am not a coder myself so it is difficult for me to asses the legitimacy of a project especially if there is so little peer review or information, there is not even a whitepaper explaining the basic tenets of the anonymity.

Don't expect anyone to do it for you for free. That's our comparative advantage, and it's worth money.

Interesting suggestions, I have focused on developing other skills in my life so i am not a coder, but maybe I should consider learning basic coding, not sure how much that would help in assessing cryptocurrencies though, might have to learn cryptography as well lol, and i am not that mathematically minded either lol. I lean more towards philosophy and art. For the amount that i am investing it is also not worth hiring someone to review it. A third option would be not to invest in projects that have not been properly reviewed, but its just to tempting investing in such speculative projects lol. Of course i can not expect a full fledged code review so early in this coins development but even people that are coders that i have asked have told me that it does not reflect well on the project that the contributes can not be traced back on the github, this does not mean that the code is not good of course, however fixing the github would reflect better on CRAVE, and I think that is what most of us here want after all.
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:10:00 PM

Thank you for supporting what i am saying though and i agree that people should be thanking me for my skepticism.

A wolf who uses tired fud themes.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:11:29 PM

Thank you for supporting what i am saying though and i agree that people should be thanking me for my skepticism.

I am confused, what veil? and what am i supposed to prove? lol
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:18:21 PM

Yes Veritas! Do what we do...Hire the best minds in the financial world and teach them crypto!
Set up a network of trusted Whales and follow the best programmers every step...
Did you not see the JP Morgan ad recently?
The writing is on the wall and the Crypto community is sick and tired of you small time P&D groups!
So get your popcorn and go get a job that you are good at...Bye troll
Please don't address me ever again!

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:19:55 PM

@VeritasSapere : I understand your concern and you are right that posting the original contributors refs should be added on the to-do list. same as when someone re-post a news story he quote the original source at the bottom.

what I find sad is that your comments here are used/quoted by others (the usual suspects) to strengthen their unfair attacks.   Angry

industrialcoinmagic is online right now and been up for few hours already, dev'ing (to use his words)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=482660

send him a pm for those that just can't wait if you want. also, remember the old day-trader trick (for those day-trading) : sit on your hands.
...or do like most here : setup some masternodes, join and talk on slack, join cravetalk.org, wait patiently, etc..
fusecavator

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:20:03 PM

I pmed the dev about this a few days ago, but haven't received any response, nor has anything been done about these, so I'm posting this here now hoping it'll get some answers. This is not the message I sent, this is reworded for general users who I don't expect to know much about the code.

There are multiple things I've found in the code that seem like problems. In the masternode payment enforcement, the code for checking that masternodes are being paid is checking the wrong transaction. In btc(and pow coins like darkcoin which the code came from) the block reward is in the first transaction (vtx[0]), and in PoS forks like crave is, vtx[0] is always left empty and the block reward is in vtx[1]. It can be seen here https://github.com/industrialcoinmagic/crave/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2375 and https://github.com/industrialcoinmagic/crave/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2357 that the code was not updated to look in vtx[1], and continues to look at vtx[0]. It can also be seen a little higher up in the same function that the block verification does check that vtx[0] is empty https://github.com/industrialcoinmagic/crave/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2302 . Since block verification checks that vtx[0] is empty to even get to masternode payment verification, payment verification will never find an output to a masternode in that loop, and should reject all blocks, except it doesn't deadlock due to the next point.

I have about 5 seconds to check this out, but vtx[1] is the marker for PoS in crave.

https://github.com/industrialcoinmagic/crave/blob/master/src/main.h#L728

If the rest of your analysis is equally flawed, I'd suggest to the community not to waste to much time worrying about it.

[addendum]

The second paragraph is flawed too. The first points to CBlock and the second to CTransaction.

Yes, vtx[1] is the coinstake transaction, and it looks at it in the IsProofOfStake function, that doesn't contradict anything I said. vtx[0] is where the masternode payment verification code is looking however when the payment is part of that coinstake in vtx[1].
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 05:21:16 PM

It was about that time when:

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:22:09 PM

We should request that ICM fixes the github and gives proper credit to the prior contributors of the code base. Could you do this for the community industrialcoinmagic?
This would be a good chance to prove yourself as being a good and competent developer that is responsive to the community.
I would personally buy the rest that i need for a masternode if you did this, since it would greatly increase my confidence in CRAVE and i am sure many others would feel the same way. The way the github looks now is just unprofessional and does not inspire confidence, please fix the github dev and give proper credit to the prior contributors of the code base, it is the right thing to do.

Seems he has disapeared and he broke promise of giving an update today to go watch movies.
Just have a look at the cloak thread. It's the same thing that happened there. Alty a.k.a. ICM a.k.a. whatnotelse will now slowly subside from the community. In a couple of weeks, there will be a minor pump (which won't even get nearly close to previous highs) to get more of your coins (not crave, but the real ones: Bitcoin) and then, the coin will be left to die a slow death.

I know it's hard to realize to have misinvested. Trust me, I know this feeling very, very well. But you (the community in this thread in general, not the user I'm quoting) should at least not bring those into discredit who try to warn you, because they have experienced and witnessed this whole mess over and over again.

I don't know who it was, but telling me "you know where the door is" when all I am doing is telling people the facts which I have seen when cloak happened (heck, they're even using the same forum… all this old crap is being recycled over and over, and nobody even cares!), without attacking anybody personally is either just unthankfulness, ignorance or a shill account of Bobo the clown.

huh Huh  where are the facts?  all I see is your twisted reality with an unclear agenda.  Undecided

My agenda is very clear: warning people to fall for the mistakes others have fallen for. Even though it is a bit late - I apologize for that - because I discovered this thread and the whole coin a bit late.

What you can do: you can check my post history. I'm not that kind of person that trolls around in threads to just bring projects in miscredit for no reason.

What I can do: I can tell you what I have seen in the past and that my alarm bells are ringing for various (already stated) reasons.

What I will not do: search the whole cloak thread for you just to answer your "where are the facts?" question. People who are concerned about their investments should be able to do that theirselves.

What else you can do: you can either continue to call that what I'm writing "twisted reality" (where are your facts, anyway?), or you can take the time to research the cloak thread. Search for the posts that contain "cloaktalk.org", and maybe you're lucky enough to find a screenshot there.

I have no benefits of trolling any project, but I am really sick of all those scams which take money from all the users. Though I am pretty confident that many of you don't want to hear what I am telling you, I am even more confident that in some months, at least some of you remember what I wrote. This will be the few who are not learning resistant. I'd be happy about a private message then, telling me that you have learned from the past mistakes and that you were - at least in retrospective - glad to have read what I wrote.
I won't even reply with "I told you so" - I'm not that kind of person. I will be telling you that I am feeling happy for you for not falling prey to Alty and his deceptive partners again.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:24:58 PM

@allyouracid

You're like people that all believe in fantasy "gods"  

You talk a lot of b.s. but do not offer much solid proof.

This is opensource,  if worse comes to worse..  we can fork and keep with the original design/roadmap/intentions.
See my previous post. I have explained where you can find proof.
Also, just because it is open source, this does not - at least in my opinion - justify the devs and their crew stealing money from you. Didn't you work hard for what you earned?

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:27:32 PM

@VeritasSapere : I understand your concern and you are right that posting the original contributors refs should be added on the to-do list. same as when someone re-post a news story he quote the original source at the bottom.

what I find sad is that your comments here are used/quoted by others (the usual suspects) to strengthen their unfair attacks.   Angry

industrialcoinmagic is online right now and been up for few hours already, dev'ing (to use his words)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=482660

send him a pm for those that just can't wait if you want. also, remember the old day-trader trick (for those day-trading) : sit on your hands.
...or do like most here : setup some masternodes, join and talk on slack, join cravetalk.org, wait patiently, etc..
Thanks gnargnar, I have already PM him, since we can not expect him to follow this thread lol, his time is obvously better spent coding. I will now await patiently for his response. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 697 »
  Print  

Jump to: