Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Madness - Banned once again  (Read 2564 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 10:04:49 PM

A second chance is all I'am asking .

Again, you've been given a second chance already.  You're asking for a third chance.  Don't push it - be glad they are giving you a third chance.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:15:00 AM

I'am ready to remove the signature and not enroll in signature compaigns for the next couple of months if that's make any difference ? please  Cry A second chance is all I'am asking .

If that was feasible, mods would just add a feature to disable signatures of spammers. instead of banning them. People are not even allowed to send PMs during their ban period.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 02:35:54 AM

I think spammers should be banned...it gets old seeing endless amounts of useless posts. I hope the mods crack down even more on it.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:50:08 AM

Maybe create a 5-6 page paper on why you are sorry about spamming and how you can help improve the forum and your ban will be reduced to 30 days. I doubt the moderators would have enough time to read it though, maybe posting it publicly would be a good idea.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:50:44 AM

Hmm...Just reduce your posts and post regularly, you posted more than 30 posts in one day, and some of your posts are actually useless.If you are trying to boost your post counts up to earn more money, I'm sure useless crap will be produced.

BTW, Madness is not even a formal name, why did you added it to every single posts as your signature?
v0yager

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:26:11 AM

Sad story, Just wait until after banned period and don't enroll any signature campaign, you'll be fine.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:03:36 AM

I think spammers should be banned...it gets old seeing endless amounts of useless posts. I hope the mods crack down even more on it.

I'm going for the low hanging fruit, I'll work my way up the tree. I do plan to aggressively continue and dedicate the majority of the time I spend here to this. Up to now, over the past couple weeks since I started the crackdown, individual account bans is around 75, total accounts banned (sig spam related) including permanent bans, alt accounts, etc is well over 100. I do think the forum is a bit more readable lately, more actual discussion going on without so many disjointed/out of place posts, but I only read certain sections and threads, and do have a job/family/hobbies so I'm limited on how much time I can spend here, so I'm not going to catch them all alone.  

If you pm me about sig spammers, rest assured, I do read them all and check them out. Some go on my "watchlist", some I act on. I don't generally respond to such pm's though, I don't really like discussing actions taken against users with other users, and I don't have time to respond to all the pm's. If you've pm'ed me about such users and haven't gotten a response, don't let that discourage you. I know it sucks to not get a response, I really do, I've been there. It feels like the pms are going into a black hole, and it was a waste of time. Just treat it like reports, send a pm about it and move on, I'll deal with it if it's needed. I do appreciate it, I get a lot of pms (have almost 6k pms in my inbox) but I think this is important.

As for the OP, you do the same thing a lot of sig spammers do, you read the subject line, maybe the op, pound out a quick response, move onto the next thread, rinse and repeat. You aren't actually participating in the forum or the discussions within, and it's obvious from your posts.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:22:00 AM

I'm going for the low hanging fruit, I'll work my way up the tree. I do plan to aggressively continue and dedicate the majority of the time I spend here to this. Up to now, over the past couple weeks since I started the crackdown, individual account bans is around 75, total accounts banned (sig spam related) including permanent bans, alt accounts, etc is well over 100. I do think the forum is a bit more readable lately, more actual discussion going on without so many disjointed/out of place posts, but I only read certain sections and threads, and do have a job/family/hobbies so I'm limited on how much time I can spend here, so I'm not going to catch them all alone.  

If you pm me about sig spammers, rest assured, I do read them all and check them out. Some go on my "watchlist", some I act on. I don't generally respond to such pm's though, I don't really like discussing actions taken against users with other users, and I don't have time to respond to all the pm's. If you've pm'ed me about such users and haven't gotten a response, don't let that discourage you. I know it sucks to not get a response, I really do, I've been there. It feels like the pms are going into a black hole, and it was a waste of time. Just treat it like reports, send a pm about it and move on, I'll deal with it if it's needed. I do appreciate it, I get a lot of pms (have almost 6k pms in my inbox) but I think this is important.

As for the OP, you do the same thing a lot of sig spammers do, you read the subject line, maybe the op, pound out a quick response, move onto the next thread, rinse and repeat. You aren't actually participating in the forum or the discussions within, and it's obvious from your posts.

Do you think there can be any alternatives to permanently banning spammers and general banning? When using TOR you have to pay a fee to register. It could be the same with ban lengths.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:37:38 AM

Do you think there can be any alternatives to permanently banning spammers and general banning? When using TOR you have to pay a fee to register. It could be the same with ban lengths.

Why would the forum want these spammers if they post useless stuff though? If a user brings nothing to the conversation why cut them a break just to have more useless posts?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:41:11 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 07:01:53 AM by BadBear

Pay to remove bans or reduce ban lengths? Can't wait to see what meta would look like after that, all the 'BANNED FOR NO REASON WHY?!?!?!?" would turn into "BANNED TO MAKE ME PAY A HUNDRED DOLLARS RANSOM TO GET MY ACCOUNT BACK". Whatever fee is instituted would need to be fairly significant considering how much some of the campaigns are paying out. Adding financial incentives to banning people isn't a good idea overall, and would add excessive pressure on myself and others to justify said bans. Right now, the only incentive I have to ban sig spammers is to benefit the forum (whether you agree with my judgement or not is a separate matter, I understand and respect that some don't agree with my decisions, I just hope they understand they may not always have all the information they need for a proper judgement).

Besides, the "tor tax" isn't for banned users to make new accounts, it's for innocents wrongly caught in ip bans, which does happen, particularly when using Tor, vpn's, or other proxies. Banned users paying to register new accounts are still ban evading, is not allowed, and they will still be banned again. Banned users were banned for a reason.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:15:40 AM

Depending how much the fees were to be it could go towards maintaining the forum. I agree it would create threads where people are complaining, but meta currently has many active posters responding to these types of threads. I think if people have trusted moderators judgement up to this point, adding a fee wouldn't change it. Besides, it would show who actually wanted to get back to the forum, and provide incentive not to spam. I'm unsure what the other 75 users you banned the last few weeks did or how many people don't create new accounts when they are banned or wait out their bans.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:47:06 AM

Depending how much the fees were to be it could go towards maintaining the forum. I agree it would create threads where people are complaining, but meta currently has many active posters responding to these types of threads. I think if people have trusted moderators judgement up to this point, adding a fee wouldn't change it. Besides, it would show who actually wanted to get back to the forum, and provide incentive not to spam. I'm unsure what the other 75 users you banned the last few weeks did or how many people don't create new accounts when they are banned or wait out their bans.

Spammers spam. If the amount is high than the bonus from referral link spam, spammers may go but putting such a high price will also scare away people with good intention if they don't have enough money to cover this. I don't like "ban fee" because it destroys the use of ban IMHO. Patience will make them better than earlier.

Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:54:44 AM

Spammers spam. If the amount is high than the bonus from referral link spam, spammers may go but putting such a high price will also scare away people with good intention if they don't have enough money to cover this. I don't like "ban fee" because it destroys the use of ban IMHO. Patience will make them better than earlier.

Yeah, it would be used in conjunction with the ban period. All ban rules still apply, you can still get permanently banned if you continue to spam after several warnings.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:03:47 AM

Pay to remove bans or reduce ban lengths? Can't wait to see what meta would look like after that, all the 'BANNED FOR NO REASON WHY?!?!?!?" would turn into "BANNED TO MAKE ME PAY A HUNDRED DOLLARS RANSOM TO GET MY ACCOUNT BACK". Whatever fee is instituted would need to be fairly significant considering how much some of the campaigns are paying out. Adding financial incentives to banning people isn't a good idea overall, and would add excessive pressure on myself and others to justify said bans. Right now, the only incentive I have to ban sig spammers is to benefit the forum (whether you agree with my judgement or not is a separate matter).

Besides, the "tor tax" isn't for banned users to make new accounts, it's for innocents wrongly caught in ip bans, which does happen, particularly when using Tor, vpn's, or other proxies. Banned users paying to register new accounts are still ban evading, is not allowed, and they will still be banned again. Banned users were banned for a reason.

On Just-Dice we require users who have been added to the bot ignore list (aka no rain) to pay a very very small fine. 

Pain in the ass.  I would not recommend it no matter what the fee is.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
c1ph3r (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:12:02 AM

Thank you for responding BadBear.
So there is no chance to give me a "third" chance & I promise to post less and remove my signature compaign please ? Cry
Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:18:50 AM

Pay to remove bans or reduce ban lengths? Can't wait to see what meta would look like after that, all the 'BANNED FOR NO REASON WHY?!?!?!?" would turn into "BANNED TO MAKE ME PAY A HUNDRED DOLLARS RANSOM TO GET MY ACCOUNT BACK". Whatever fee is instituted would need to be fairly significant considering how much some of the campaigns are paying out. Adding financial incentives to banning people isn't a good idea overall, and would add excessive pressure on myself and others to justify said bans. Right now, the only incentive I have to ban sig spammers is to benefit the forum (whether you agree with my judgement or not is a separate matter).

On Just-Dice we require users who have been added to the bot ignore list (aka no rain) to pay a very very small fine.  

Pain in the ass.  I would not recommend it no matter what the fee is.

Is the system automated you use or is it manual? What are some of the things that make it a pain in the ass? Do you mind sharing how much fees you collect per week or month compared to active users and people banned? Also if youre talking about the chat box where you're dealing with spammers who act like 10 year olds I'd agree it would be a pain in the ass.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:20:07 AM

So there is no chance to give me a "third" chance & I promise to post less and remove my signature compaign please ? Cry

Obviously,no. You can't post at the moment but you can still read the thread.

It seem how many you post isn't matter, it's about the way you post or quality of your posts. Don't try to boost your post counts up, post when you do have something to say. see blow.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:55:00 AM

Yes there is.   Smiley

Just wait the 60 days and you'll have your third chance.  Good luck!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:00:40 PM

Is the system automated you use or is it manual?

Automated

What are some of the things that make it a pain in the ass?

People complaining that the mods are muting them unfairly, milking it for chat-bot money, over all unfair or just crying in general because they got caught abusing chat attempting to earn more milking the system.

Do you mind sharing how much fees you collect per week or month compared to active users and people banned?

I think the fee is only like 0.011 CLAM (which isn't much BTC at all.)  It was actually my idea to charge a fine, but I was thinking like .1CLAM... I think .011 is just enough to get ppl to bitch when they see they can't check prices or other wise use the main bot.  So once they pay up they have their bot privileges & rain back.  Still needs some time to run to see how people settle into it. 

Not sure on what it earns per month.  I see someone pay the fine everyone once in a while... doesn't earn enough to call home about though.

Also if youre talking about the chat box where you're dealing with spammers who act like 10 year olds I'd agree it would be a pain in the ass.

Yep... same degenerates such as the OP of this thread and every other signature milker / account seller.  Lots of the same ones too I believe.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
c1ph3r (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:06:31 AM

I guess there is no hope from begging then ? Sad
one more question , when I'am banned , my Activity will still rise with time or I should post . (if I have a lot more posts then Activity)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: