Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with UMISOO hosting  (Read 2941 times)
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:04:15 PM

Did everyone get the latest offer, seems as they can't host any longer and they are trading us Hash on Hashnet for any S4's we have hosted.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:41:21 PM

Did everyone get the latest offer, seems as they can't host any longer and they are trading us Hash on Hashnet for any S4's we have hosted.

That interesting I'm wondering what kind of compensation they will offer you as well
paulh691

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:24:31 PM

looks like they are being taken over by bitmain - they host around 4,000 S2's and it looks like
they will give equivalent in ghs on hashnest. 

not sure how they will value the downtime in PPS shares. 

it seems they won't have the bandwidth at their new location to allow machines
to connect to individual pools. 
deeneendo

Activity: 155
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:31:13 PM

well, I call bullshit to that. They got a better offer and decided to screw their hosting customers. Great job, that'll teach me to do business with the chinese again.
sjc1490

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:37:07 AM

well, I call bullshit to that. They got a better offer and decided to screw their hosting customers. Great job, that'll teach me to do business with the chinese again.

The whole thing was handled very badly by covering up and lying about what was going on. I sent numerous emails asking wtf was going on so they had plenty of opportunity to be truthful. We should have been made aware and given a choice early on to have our miners shipped to us at NC or to swap it over to Hashnet. Should have had my miners sent to me when Bitmain stopped using them for a hosting option.

From the email I got they are giving me the equivalent hash at Hashnet which does have a cheaper maintenance fee than what we were paying at Umisoo. They promise 100% compensation of the down time and any funds in my account will be moved over to Hashnet. I can live with this offer if they indeed follow through with it.

bilingualshenzhen

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:11:36 AM

I'm actually in Shenzhen, China right now and am COMPLETELY fluent in written and spoken Chinese.  I might be able to help out ... i'm not sure but maybe.  Please feel free to contact me to discuss ... thanks rob
nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:31:06 AM

What they did is called crime here where i live. Ive paid chinese taxes to get my miners there for few moments - im not interested at all mining on any bitmain pools thats why i did choose hosting.

Bitmains reputation is gone.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:27:23 PM

What they did is called crime here where i live. Ive paid chinese taxes to get my miners there for few moments - im not interested at all mining on any bitmain pools thats why i did choose hosting.

Why is bitmains reputation gone. UMISOO is not bitmain
SFMiner

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:31:49 PM

I received this "offer" as well, and responded that I plan to retain ownership of my S4s.  They can host them however they want, and give me the equivalent in HashNest GHS, but at the end of the day, when I decide I want my S4s back (the PSU and chassis are definitely worth something) then they had better be ready to ship them.

The upside of this deal is the maintenance cost for HashNest is 10% less than Umisoo; the downside is there's no user-selectable pool, which means I can no longer rent out miners on MRR. 

While I have been a loyal Bitmain customer for years, this whole situation - and their handling of it - hurts the reputation of everyone involved, including Umisoo, Bitmain and HashNest.  I'll update my review of HashNest shortly, once the account conversion process is complete.
nreal

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:02:59 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 06:13:22 AM by nreal

Bitmain got me invest to miners hosted at Umisoo, and pay chinese vat for those. There was a prob with --queue in cgminer conf that i asked to fix they didnt, but told me to use antpool instead of p2pool. And now they are tryin to force me to do that after stealing my miners.
I did realize this cgminer --queue prob before they shiped my miners, and asked them to fix the prob before shipping. They told me not to worry they can fix it at umisoo. Well they couldnt do that 5 s. modification at umisoo. When i contacted bac to bitmain they told me that their engineers think that i have it wrong. They lie all the time at bitmain, all they are interested is stealing btc. I wish them a DDos full year.

Bitmain dont care, its bullshit company.

ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:31:40 PM

Bitmain got me invest to miners hosted at Umisoo, and pay chinese vat for those. There was a prob with --queue in cgminer conf that i asked to fix they didnt, but told me to use antpool instead of p2pool. And now they are tryin to force me to do that after stealing my miners.
I did realize this cgminer --queue prob before they shiped my miners, and asked them to fix the prob before shipping. They told me not to worry they can fix it at umisoo. Well they couldnt do that 5 s. modification at umisoo. When i contacted bac to bitmain they told me that their engineers think that i have it wrong. They lie all the time at bitmain, all they are interested is stealing btc. I wish them a DDos full year.

Bitmain has become greedy. I have seen multiple things they have done that support this so I dont argue there. THey used to provide great customer support and be for the people and the ROI now they are not (which is sad since its what got them popular so fast). However UMISOO going down has nothing to do with BITMAIN. There are tons of ads on bitcointalk but doesnt mean if they fail its bitcointalk's fault.
nreal

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:27:53 PM

Bitmain has become greedy. I have seen multiple things they have done that support this so I dont argue there. THey used to provide great customer support and be for the people and the ROI now they are not (which is sad since its what got them popular so fast). However UMISOO going down has nothing to do with BITMAIN. There are tons of ads on bitcointalk but doesnt mean if they fail its bitcointalk's fault.

I dont share Your toughts, selling miners to soon to be dead hosting and forcing user to pay chinese taxes + taxes and shipment after a few weeks again. They take every mbtc they can, no matter how but they take it. BITMAIN sucks

I think that this blackout should have been told to customers a month or so before it happens, and tell how things are not to lie at first.

sjc1490

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:35:56 PM

I have to agree that Bitmain needs to shoulder some of the blame. Bitmain recommended them for hosting at my time of purchase and when we were several days into he blackout I emailed Janet with Bitmain and while she was very responsive she basically repeated what Umisoo did advising they were doing maintenance to be patient.

Bitmain obviously had negotiated a deal with Umisoo so that would have been a good time to shed some light on what was happening and possibly even give us some choices. I too hosted and paid Umisooo rates because I want to mine whatever pool I choose and the antpool isn't one of them.

deeneendo

Activity: 155
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 11:36:28 PM

+1 to all of the above remarks. I think Umisoo/bitmain are screwing with us here. I am going to see what legal options there are. In any case, their offer is not equivalent in value to the real value of the physical miners, plus they made/are still making false claims on their website concernign hosting fees which were supposed to go down soon. I will seriously reconsider reinvesting in that company...
ciceanu

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:46:20 AM

Did anyone have their hashrate transffered to Hashnest yet?
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:54:34 AM

Great i did choose to move out from mining. Bitmain was great at the start but become just another greedy company. with coupons they made move so customers always coming back, miners are mega overpriced and support was fr8 at the beggining, now its BS.

Now so called Umisoo fucked up and where is bitmain? Do you think you will get any compensation?

As far as i remember bitmain is against refuns. probably you will get shitty coupons for candy nothing more.

well, thats how it is with hosting, mining rentals and other BS
superbull (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:28:19 PM

14 days now still got nothing no compensation no Hashnest GHS no account balance refund.
They didn't let go my miners no choice for me but to accept the Hashnest transfer.
sjc1490

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:13:53 PM

Did anyone have their hashrate transffered to Hashnest yet?

Not yet. I emailed Bitmain and Umisoo yesterday and got an answer from both to have patience transfer is being worked on.

F Patience, how hard could it be?

And now there is some kind of sweep the tomb holiday which shuts everything down for 2 days.

majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:02:01 PM

I was considering going with UMISOO contracts through bitmain/hashnest, but it seems reputations are in the air until this is resolved. Waiting for a good outcome on all this mess before I pull the trigger on more risk.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
sjc1490

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:15:43 AM

I was considering going with UMISOO contracts through bitmain/hashnest, but it seems reputations are in the air until this is resolved. Waiting for a good outcome on all this mess before I pull the trigger on more risk.

Good idea, still waiting for my compensation and hash 2 weeks and a day now. Will continue to post updates here.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: