Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:23:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Main account banned for 14 days.  (Read 3184 times)
Crazy3arner (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:51:29 AM

I would like this looking into by whom ever banned this for 14 days.

In the 3 years I have been here I have never had 1 ban and I would look into this please.

Sorry crazyearner, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Insubstantial posts+sig ad (14 days)

I have never in the 3 years of been on here had a ban for this and I post a lot in different sections asking questions answering peoples questions and also asking a lot of different things to stating my view on different subjects across the forums

I would like to know who and why I have been banned and account locked for 14 days when I have done nothing wrong and you making claims of my signature been insubstantial and posts being insubstantial. If you are referring to punctuation and grammar with in my post you will see I have none due to being dyslexic. You will see with all my posts that are made on here I septate stuff with sections and full stops that is about it for me.

I have had my messages reviewed by admins of the signature campaign every now and again and also got others to make sure that I am not causing problems month and have been told that they have been fine and to make sure I am not posting out of content or out of limit.

Now you ban and stop my account and say I am posting insubstantial posts. Yet I have never had this problem in the past and yet you now come and ban me for 14 days after being in a signature campaign I would like this looking into as this is a wrong ban and mistake.

Have I ever posted 1 liners or like 3 to 5 words just to bump my post count up NO. Have I posted out of content No have I posted spam NO Have I broke rules Never in 3 years of been a member here.

You can check my posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=68586;sa=showPosts on my account I might post a lot over the last few weeks and that is due to having more time off work and have been off work ill so what else better to do than to spend some time on here helping others or speaking across sections of the froums I enjoy to comment on.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:54:59 AM

Seems unjustified to me if these are indeed the entire facts and nothing is left out.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:57:59 AM

As the old saying goes if you get banned theirs no evasion of it regardless on what is done seen many posts requesting unban and does not get removed, Simple fact of life. Dont do stupid things and serious things wont happen Smiley

So what stupid did you do that such a serious thing happen to you? If you have been banned for 14 days, Badbear must have found your posts not related to the thread like the above comment.

Mostly people give general replies to posts which read "I'm banned" and this way, they try to boost their post count. If your reply isn't necessary, you should avoid posting it especially when you are a part of a Signature campaign. That's a lesson even I learnt.

Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:00:40 PM

In the 3 years I have been here I have never had 1 ban and I would look into this please.

Sorry crazyearner, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Insubstantial posts+sig ad (14 days)

I have never in the 3 years of been on here had a ban for this and I post a lot in different sections asking questions answering peoples questions and also asking a lot of different things to stating my view on different subjects across the forums

I would like to know who and why I have been banned and account locked for 14 days when I have done nothing wrong and you making claims of my signature been insubstantial and posts being insubstantial. If you are referring to punctuation and grammar with in my post you will see I have none due to being dyslexic. You will see with all my posts that are made on here I septate stuff with sections and full stops that is about it for me.

I have had my messages reviewed by admins of the signature campaign every now and again and also got others to make sure that I am not causing problems month and have been told that they have been fine and to make sure I am not posting out of content or out of limit.

Now you ban and stop my account and say I am posting insubstantial posts. Yet I have never had this problem in the past and yet you now come and ban me for 14 days after being in a signature campaign I would like this looking into as this is a wrong ban and mistake.

Have I ever posted 1 liners or like 3 to 5 words just to bump my post count up NO. Have I posted out of content No have I posted spam NO Have I broke rules Never in 3 years of been a member here.

You can check my posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=68586;sa=showPosts on my account I might post a lot over the last few weeks and that is due to having more time off work and have been off work ill so what else better to do than to spend some time on here helping others or speaking across sections of the froums I enjoy to comment on.
sad to hear that but everyone have to face it maybe I will also get blocked after some months
Crazy3arner (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:03:50 PM

As the old saying goes if you get banned theirs no evasion of it regardless on what is done seen many posts requesting unban and does not get removed, Simple fact of life. Dont do stupid things and serious things wont happen Smiley

So what stupid did you do that such a serious thing happen to you? If you have been banned for 14 days, Badbear must have found your posts not related to the thread like the above comment.

Mostly people give general replies to posts which read "I'm banned" and this way, they try to boost their post count. If your reply isn't necessary, you should avoid posting it especially when you are a part of a Signature campaign. That's a lesson even I learnt.

I have no intention of doing that I posted on some of them in here saying not to do stupid things and not to brake rules. I had commented on an number of posts in here that a person was asking for account to be deleted and posted about how this can be done or maybe request to admins to block it and remove with no sign up on it.

I had made some comments about someone saying to me to to never use sig campaigns and responded pay me a 100BTC and I will stop using them as a joke to the user who commented above my post. I spend a lot of time on here when I have the time to come on and post about lots of subjects I like to take part in. I follow rules and make sure am doing nothing wrong. I even help and report posts that  are off topic and  been here for over 3 years or so or close to without 1 ban or warning is kind of unjustified.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:08:23 PM

Seems unjustified to me too from your posting history.
GoodMerchant

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:11:46 PM

admins should take a review on their decision on banning your account then :/
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:12:10 PM

I have no intention of doing that I posted on some of them in here saying not to do stupid things and not to brake rules. I had commented on an number of posts in here that a person was asking for account to be deleted and posted about how this can be done or maybe request to admins to block it and remove with no sign up on it.

I had made some comments about someone saying to me to to never use sig campaigns and responded pay me a 100BTC and I will stop using them as a joke to the user who commented above my post. I spend a lot of time on here when I have the time to come on and post about lots of subjects I like to take part in. I follow rules and make sure am doing nothing wrong. I even help and report posts that  are off topic and  been here for over 3 years or so or close to without 1 ban or warning is kind of unjustified.

You can try sending BadBear a message stating your reasons to lift the ban. I could just advise you to check your posts again and see if your reply to the threads you're posting in are really required or not. That will help to know what exactly went wrong that led to a ban. This can happen with anyone and sometimes a member may post as if he is posting for himself and not a signature campaign and then get banned. I read your posts and if you weren't a part of the campaign, there would be no chance for a ban.

It does not matter how long you have been a member here but your comments should add value to the discussion and not appear as if your posting for the campaign and making posts for the sake of posting. The MODs have become stricter these days and that's a reason they pay attention to most members of the campaigns.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:13:51 PM

I think the sig. campaign will be banned in the next few months. If someone *make* 20-30 posts per day he will risk to be banned, is that "serious" ? (will this post be considered insubstantial post + sig ad?)
Crazy3arner (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:22:26 PM

Hay was just about to ask to speak to you. I make on average when busy posting about maybe 20 to 30 posts every other day  maybe 100 a week if that or 200 a month or so. With the amount of time I have been off over the last few weeks being on holiday from main job  I have been a lot more active on here and maybe make 20 to 30 or more posts per day or every other day too.

If you do get a moment please come on to irc BIT-X on freenode would like to speak with you thx. I also have a few ideas want to run by you and also a business proposal too if  would like to hear Smiley
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:23:59 PM

Hay was just about to ask to speak to you. I make on average when busy posting about maybe 20 to 30 posts every other day  maybe 100 a week if that or 200 a month or so. With the amount of time I have been off over the last few weeks being on holiday from main job  I have been a lot more active on here and maybe make 20 to 30 or more posts per day or every other day too.

If you do get a moment please come on to irc BIT-X on freenode would like to speak with you thx. I also have a few ideas want to run by you and also a business proposal too if  would like to hear Smiley

I'm online now.
Crazy3arner (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:41:12 PM

Hay was just about to ask to speak to you. I make on average when busy posting about maybe 20 to 30 posts every other day  maybe 100 a week if that or 200 a month or so. With the amount of time I have been off over the last few weeks being on holiday from main job  I have been a lot more active on here and maybe make 20 to 30 or more posts per day or every other day too.

I'm online now.

Thanks for coming online. Hope to get this matter cleared up and addressed with the mods or admins as this is way out of order for doing nothing wrong. I might post a lot of the time when I have the time to post but if am going to be banned for 14 days for posting too much then this is un called for. Anyway hope this can be looked into and sorted.

Thanks
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 01:20:33 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 01:37:42 PM by Grand_Voyageur

I suppose an explanation was already provided to you, since you stated in your OP: Sorry crazyearner, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum. Insubstantial posts+sig ad (14 days). Also, I don't think it would be useful to know who banned you (if you are asking also this information) due to risks of abuse against mods.

I can see your alt account is already at Legendary status and you post a lot. I'm sure too mod also took this behaviour in account when dealing with ban.

I don't think knowning the name of the mod who handled your case could help you other than to harass him/her (i'm not saying you would do). The reason of the ban was already told to you: Insubstantial posts+sig ad. However, I looked at the post history of crazyearner and, I found a possible reason in March 19th posts since they were all (24) made in short intervals while wearing the bit-x campaign's signature.

I think signature campaign manager's opinion is binding only to their own campaign while referring to payments due. As forum rules states: When deciding if a user has broken the rules, the staff have the right to follow their interpretation of the rules. Also, IF the campaign manager who told you your posts were OKs is Bit-X's one, I think his opinion couldn't convince mods due to him having been banned recently apparently due to spam.

Mods recently started handing out harsher bans due to increased amount of spam. You could surely have noticed the spike of ban complaints in Meta since then. While it's a pity to receive a ban such unfortunate event could be useful to you (as well to others users who get bans) to further improve their posting habits and standards & avoid future mistakes.

I checked it before posting here & my opionion is above. All I can say is to take a pause between posts to allow further reflection and longer intervals between each post. Also, I would use a PM, instead posting in a thread, just to ask for an update like in this case.
This is my opinion however, but You could try to politely ask after a few days in the ban to have your terms cut short. I'm not sure mods will agree with since hilariousandco once said he never saw a temp ban reduced or revoked.
It's likey BadBear never unban people who got banned, at least  I've never seen someone get unban, so, have a trip and when you come back you will be able to post. Smiley

Sometimes he may revoke permabans (though rare), though I've never seen a temp ban reduced or revoked. Best just to take the ban as a warning and change your ways upon your return and you shouldn't have any further problems.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Crazy3arner (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:44:55 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 01:55:45 PM by Crazy3arner

I suppose an explanation was already provided to you, since you stated in your OP: Sorry crazyearner, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum. Insubstantial posts+sig ad (14 days). Also, I don't think it would be useful to know who banned you (if you are asking also this information) due to risks of abuse against mods.

I can see your alt account is already at Legendary status and you post a lot. I'm sure too mod also took this behaviour in account when dealing with ban.

I don't think knowning the name of the mod who handled your case could help you other than to harass him/her (i'm not saying you would do). The reason of the ban was already told to you: Insubstantial posts+sig ad. However, I looked at the post history of crazyearner and, I found a possible reason in March 19th posts since they were all (24) made in short intervals while wearing the bit-x campaign's signature.

I think signature campaign manager's opinion is binding only to their own campaign while referring to payments due. As forum rules states: When deciding if a user has broken the rules, the staff have the right to follow their interpretation of the rules. Also, IF the campaign manager who told you your posts were OKs is Bit-X's one, I think his opinion couldn't convince mods due to him having been banned recently apparently due to spam.

Mods recently started handing out harsher bans due to increased amount of spam. You could surely have noticed the spike of ban complaints in Meta since then. While it's a pity to receive a ban such unfortunate event could be useful to you (as well to others users who get bans) to further improve their posting habits and standards & avoid future mistakes.

I checked it before posting here & my opionion is above. All I can say is to take a pause between posts to allow further reflection and longer intervals between each post. Also, I would use a PM, instead posting in a thread, just to ask for an update like in this case.
This is my opinion however, but You could try to politely ask after a few days in the ban to have your terms cut short. I'm not sure mods will agree with since hilariousandco once said he never saw a temp ban reduced or revoked.
It's likey BadBear never unban people who got banned, at least  I've never seen someone get unban, so, have a trip and when you come back you will be able to post. Smiley

Sometimes he may revoke permabans (though rare), though I've never seen a temp ban reduced or revoked. Best just to take the ban as a warning and change your ways upon your return and you shouldn't have any further problems.

Thanks for the details posted. Even with what have done and indeed do post a lot  and sometimes a lot quicker as am all over the forums in many sections at one time reading though stuff and responding to them. Indeed I have seen a lot more bans put into action but still if they want to have posting restrictions then limit to how many post can be made per min or every few min.  Still tho  I have sent a message to bare to await the out come of this. I guess am not going to be posting as much in future and focus on my own project from now on.

Giving me a ban is one thing but banning me like this with the reason stated is uncalled for. I might of been on here for x amount of years and use to post a lot more frequent than now and never had problems from been in past signature campaigns and posting maybe 100 or more a day. I know theirs other who post way above this in signature campaigns yet they never got banned. So I am just asking what posts if any has caused this problem and to be reviewed given the fact of how long  I have been a member here for and not once broke rules.

A simple warning or PM to me from staff would of been enough to say ok you are doing this or gone out of context here to understand where or what I have done wrong so I do not do it in future. And this is why I am funding it very hard to understand why I have been banned on my main account when have done nothing wrong.

I think the sig. campaign will be banned in the next few months. If someone *make* 20-30 posts per day he will risk to be banned, is that "serious" ? (will this post be considered insubstantial post + sig ad?)

Well if it gets banned then I think this will be stupid and a loss to signature campaigns if it does get banned then I sort of have an idea why it will happen not just to Bit-x but to others too and if it does happen and my thoughts are correct about them going then its safe to say it will happen to a lot more in the future.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:13:32 PM

Well if it gets banned then I think this will be stupid and a loss to signature campaigns if it does get banned then I sort of have an idea why it will happen not just to Bit-x but to others too and if it does happen and my thoughts are correct about them going then its safe to say it will happen to a lot more in the future.

Yes of course it will happen more and more times in the next few months and it is normal because more sig. campaign = more posts. Maybe in the next forum software it will be implemented this thing https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985516.0 and the various manager will choose only the "valid users".
Crazy3arner (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:28:15 PM

Yes of course it will happen more and more times in the next few months and it is normal because more sig. campaign = more posts. Maybe in the next forum software it will be implemented this thing https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985516.0 and the various manager will choose only the "valid users".

Already read and commented on it maybe Bear angry at me for commenting of having such features or some alike on my own forums. Only way I will know is if I get a response from who banned me or a representative to answer for them on why my ban is put into place. And it seems so and looking more into it no doubt it will happen in the new forums however lot of people post daily even without signature campaign maybe should get banned too who knows but I await my response.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

I think they simply need to better design their campaign to avoid incentives to spam posts everywhere. I think a simple and transparent way may be putting a max BTC limit to paid posts, like bitmixer and Bitcoin Scratchticket sig ad campaigns do. Also forfeiting sig ad payments due to enrolled users being banned could also help curb spam while keeping alive & legit sig ad campaigns. Concerned sig ad campaign managers could also donate campaign money forfeited from banned enrolled users to initiatives like Help the forum and earn Bitcoins! >>>>Increased the reward to 0.1<<<< to help keep the forum clean.

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 04:26:13 PM

Indeed. Even by just quickly glancing his past 2 pages, he seemed to be posting very good posts compared to the average member. I don't understand situations like these at all!
Neither is the number of posts high, nor are they lacking in quality. I've seen lower ranking members, with posts that are exponentially worse.
What's the deal here?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:44:58 PM

Do you have an Alt account that was banned? I'm not seeing a ban request for you. (SMF is bad so Moderators can't give temporary bans, so we have to request that an admin temp bans in a thread)
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:17:36 PM

I've seen people wearing Bit-x signature that were making more than 30 posts in one day. For instance one of your posters made 39 posts today and the day hasn't ended yet. Wink
If the quantity was what made crazyearner banned there's more coming.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: