Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HIRING] Bitcoin Center NYC Start Immediately  (Read 822 times)
Bitcoin Center NYC (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:47:17 PM

The NYC Bitcoin Center is the hub for digital currency innovation acting as both a business incubator as well as a place to learn and network with industry leaders. Located at 40 Broad Street in the heart of the financial district just 100 feet from the New York Stock Exchange. Come visit anytime!

The NYC Bitcoin Center has internships available starting immediately. The opportunities available are perfect for undergraduates or recent graduates. Both full time and part time positions are open.

We are seeking to fill roles in the following areas:

Programming (web development, software development, algorithm development, etc.)
Finance
Trading
Public Relations
Marketing and Marketing Analysis
Logistics
Business Development
Design
Other (if you are the type of person to have a broad range of skills and feel you can be of help in other areas, do not hesitate to apply)

Candidates we are looking for:

Interested in finance and new technologies, dynamic, self-starter, motivated to foster growth and adoption of crypto currency technology

Please e-mail us with your resume and note the area that interests you in the subject line: mikebitcoincenter@gmail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:53:56 PM

The NYC Bitcoin Center is the hub for digital currency innovation acting as both a business incubator as well as a place to learn and network with industry leaders. Located at 40 Broad Street in the heart of the financial district just 100 feet from the New York Stock Exchange. Come visit anytime!

The NYC Bitcoin Center has internships available starting immediately. The opportunities available are perfect for undergraduates or recent graduates. Both full time and part time positions are open.

We are seeking to fill roles in the following areas:

Programming (web development, software development, algorithm development, etc.)
Finance
Trading
Public Relations
Marketing and Marketing Analysis
Logistics
Business Development
Design
Other (if you are the type of person to have a broad range of skills and feel you can be of help in other areas, do not hesitate to apply)

Candidates we are looking for:

Interested in finance and new technologies, dynamic, self-starter, motivated to foster growth and adoption of crypto currency technology

Please e-mail us with your resume and note the area that interests you in the subject line: mikebitcoincenter@gmail.com

Didn't the place just filed for bankruptcy?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:38:05 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 12:49:56 AM by Gleb Gamow

I read that the World Bitcoin Association (NYC) that has the lease in its name was once penned about via the World Bitcoin Association (Zurich): http://www.bitcoinnews.ch/475/bitcon-an-der-wall-street/

http://worldbitcoin.info/

Please note: The World Bitcoin Association located in Zurich (Switzerland) is not connected in any way with the Bankruptcy Case #: 1:15-bk-10618 (Zurich - March 18, 2015)

Dorian Credé of the Zurich WBA even visited the NYC WBA in May of last year: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sL8WjZQf5zkJ:www.bitcoinnews.ch/category/bitcoin-center/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us (apologies for the cache URL, but for some reason the page has been removed from their website)

Deputy Director of Bitcoin Center, Austin E. Alexander , I was able to learn that in addition to the co-founder Nick Spanos also some strong financial investors are involved - unfortunately could (or would) he not tell me their names. The monthly rent is supposedly moving between 40,000 and 50,000 US dollars - and a business model for the center were previously unavailable (all previous events were free, and be in the foyer - more symbolic - only Bitcoin Center NYC T-shirts sold ).

I honestly don't know where the landlord gets off worrying about WBA (NYC) being a shell company when a ten year lease was signed to garner $40-$50K USD/mo in rent. Look, the WBA was selling tee-shirts and had an inoperable Bitcoin ATM in its lobby, more than enough revenue generated from them two sources to overcome said rent and still be able to provide a free incubator service to fellow Bitcoiners. As the donations were pouring in, it was only a matter of time before one full bitcoin would've been amassed.

Clearly, the WBA was in the right here, for there as a leak that the landlord needed to fix, albeit I believe the leak was not water base, but some other type of leakage.

All I know is what my Lithuanian father once told me when he took the training wheels off my bicycle... Let me look at my notes to see what else he told me (promise not to laugh while viewing the following - bike story starts at 4:00 then continues to the end of the 18 minute talk): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189Q0LJOxHA
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:31:44 AM

Okay, I figured it out. And, you guys thought I was slow.

Let's see if I connected the dots correctly.

Webster Hall.
Boys who tech.
Politicians and rich out-of-towners on Wall Street.

Now that I've connected the dots, I'm having a hard time figuring out how the non-profit went chest bust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: