Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:48:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOD - Abusing Trust System  (Read 3994 times)
FuckIdolPlus (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:02:44 AM

This user left negative feedback to every MSDN seller just because he think's selling MSDN key is illegal and somehow in his dictionary is a 'scam'.
He then offered me to stop selling so he would remove the negative trust.

I have tried to do so - let me know if I have missed any.

I'm willing to give you a second chance on the forums.  If you immediately stop the sale of your keys, I will remove your negative feedback in one month.  See my signature.

Vod/Dickhead

And the following was my reply to him :

I'll stop selling keys immediately, but everyone should do that, there should be no sale of MSDN admin accounts and invites too because those are created 'ill-legally'. Also those cracked netflix, hbo go, etc., accounts should not be sold too since they use other people's credit cards and boy oh oy that is ill-legal (see no air quotes -_-).
There are people selling carded iPhone account too, that should not occur too, ill-legal you see. Many people sell starbucks and other gift cards which are clearly carded and/or stolen, this should stop too. Also selling/trading private tracker invites is "ill-legal" according to tracker's T&C, so this should be banned too. Also selling accounts (BTCTalk ones) should not be allowed at all.
Hence I covered 90% of the marketplace activities. Cheesy
Heck these are way more ill-legal than selling MSDN keys, which isn't ill-legal and is just frowned upon by Microsoft.
Also 1 month is a long time for something that is not scamming. Stop imposing your rules on everyone. Let the Moderators and other staff do it. You are just a jerk face trying to gain popularity and being a sadistic bitch for self satisfaction.
Regards

But he is not acknowledging any of it. He is saying I have promised to leave selling MSDN. And then starts saying I lied by still selling keys.

If this goes on the marketplace will be dead eventually.

I want his trust to be removed from everyone's accounts, or everyone selling Netflix, etc. as mentioned in my reply must be told to stop selling too.
The reason is MSDN is legal selling where as the type sellers in my reply are selling stolen accounts, gift cards and this counts as credit card fraud.

I hope theymos you read this because you clearly ignored my PM 1-2 days ago.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:12:31 AM

It will be only fair for Vod if he will now give red trust to every other Microsoft's dealer or resellers of other services and accounts. It would be fair.
But I'm afraid this way if he really would do this, we will have half of the marketplace marked with red trust.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:14:52 AM

Are we going to do this again? People, uh.
No he is not abusing anything. This being legal or not, he has the right to leave negative feedback if he sees it fit. He's actually one of the rare members that helps identify scammers and whatnot.

Theymos nor anyone from the stuff does not moderate the trust system. If you've sent him a PM because of this, no wonder that you got no reply. Anyhow when sending him a message, it takes a long time for a reply to come, if ever.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:28:42 AM

To me his -ve trust feedback to OP look legit & correct since he seems to strongly believe FuckIdolPlus his a scammer. If Vod wasn't strongly convinced of it, It would have left a neutral feedback to him or no feedback at all.

However, after looking at OP trust feedback page, I found another member - ABitNut (uid: 331100) - who left him referenced -ve trust feedback over similar trades.

If OP cares over -ve trust feedback he should politely ask Vod & ABitNut to revise their feedbacks.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:30:58 AM

Are we going to do this again? People, uh.
No he is not abusing anything. This being legal or not, he has the right to leave negative feedback if he sees it fit. He's actually one of the rare members that helps identify scammers and whatnot.

Theymos nor anyone from the stuff does not moderate the trust system. If you've sent him a PM because of this, no wonder that you got no reply. Anyhow when sending him a message, it takes a long time for a reply to come, if ever.

Yes, we are doing this again. How many times will his "service" to the community be used as an excuse for his abusive behavior? Amazing how this is never a problem for Tomatocage but with VOD it is a recurring theme. He is in fact abusing his position on the default trust. He is lying claiming selling the keys is illegal, it is not. At worst it is a violation of the terms of service, NOT a criminal act. VOD simply evoked the issue of criminality in the hopes that the staff would do his extortion work for him and simply ban all the sellers for "illegal" activity.

Are there angry customers lined up complaining? No.
Is it a crime to sell them? No.

So who made VOD the moral arbiter Bitcointalk precrime sheriff?

If it is not against the forum rules, and there are no victims, what exactly is his justification for leaving negative trust ratings for any key seller he can find? Because someone could possibly maybe potentially lose their validation in the distant future? I think people paying a fraction of the retail price for these keys realize the reason the price is reduced is the increased risk of potential deactivation, and are perfectly willing to transact anyway. VOD is on the default trust list, and people on the default trust list DO IN FACT have their trust ratings moderated. As some one on the default trust, he has extra power to destroy people's reputations, and along with that comes more stringent standards for his own use of the trust system.
FuckIdolPlus (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:40:32 AM

To me his -ve trust feedback to OP look legit & correct since he seems to strongly believe FuckIdolPlus his a scammer. If Vod wasn't strongly convinced of it, It would have left a neutral feedback to him or no feedback at all.

However, after looking at OP trust feedback page, I found another member - ABitNut (uid: 331100) - who left him referenced -ve trust feedback over similar trades.

If OP cares over -ve trust feedback he should politely ask Vod & ABitNut to revise their feedbacks.

ABitNut is the person who started the word that selling MSDN is illegal and what not. He ignited the fire and VOD became the gust of wind, spreading it.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:49:37 AM

He ignited the fire and VOD became the gust of wind, spreading it.

Sure sounds like VOD to me.

Grand_Voyageur

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:51:10 AM

ABitNut is the person who started the word that selling MSDN is illegal and what not. He ignited the fire and VOD became the gust of wind, spreading it.

I don't left you a -ve trust feedback myself, since i didn't notice early your thread; however, I have to correct you since in some jurisdiction - like e.g. Italy - buying & selling w/o COAs and/or using SWs with such Keys on computers is illegal and dealt with huge administrative fines; however, often in some bigger cases, a felony charge is brought to courts.

chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:54:57 AM

Abusing Trust System

It's a trust system not a "rate my service" system - you have every right to trust or distrust any person.

Of course, if you distrust people they will probably distrust you as well. I'm not using the trust system here, but I also see the need to act against questionable sales (including MSDN).

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:56:43 AM

I don't left you a -ve trust feedback myself, since i didn't notice early your thread; however, I have to correct you since in some jurisdiction - like e.g. Italy - buying & selling w/o COAs and/or using SWs with such Keys on computers is illegal and dealt with huge administrative fines; however, often in some bigger cases, a felony charge is brought to courts.

Is "some jurisdictions" such as Italy the entire world? Is the seller based in one of these countries? Is the forum hosted in one of those countries? Are customers from those countries even trading with him? No? You don't know? In that case NOTHING HE IS DOING IS AGAINST THE FORUM RULES. In the VAST MAJORITY of the world this is NOT A CRIME but simply a violation of the terms of service. This forum is shifting from anarcho-capitalist to fascist pretty quickly now entering into the realm of telling people what they can and can't do with completely arbitrary moral justifications. Before you know it VOD will be personally enforcing AML and KYC regulations on the forum, and anyone who doesn't comply is a DIRTY SCAMMER!
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:00:15 AM

Just a question for VoD, Even Microsoft doesn't care about cracked Windows versions and lets people to use them.
Latest statement about this: "cracked windows users will get windows 10 upgrade for free": http://www.windowscentral.com/you-can-upgrade-windows-10-free-even-if-youre-using-pirated-version-windows

Why do you care about people's selling Msdn keys?

Yes, it's unethical, wrong, maybe illegal but even Microsoft doesn't care, why do you?

Also people may just crack and use it for free (with viruses of course), And this may cause bitcoin theft...

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
chmod755
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:05:26 AM

Is "some jurisdictions" such as Italy the entire world? Is the seller based in one of these countries? Is the forum hosted in one of those countries? Are customers from those countries even trading with him? No? You don't know? In that case NOTHING HE IS DOING IS AGAINST THE FORUM RULES.

I have no idea about the legal situation, however I would like to remind OP that Microsoft is the largest company to accept Bitcoin for some of their products and you are not doing them a favour by selling MSDN. I care a lot less about him violating the ToS of companies that are unwilling to integrate Bitcoin.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:07:28 AM

Oh my GOD, another thread about the trust system. This is really insane, I don't think Vod has abused the trust system but his negative trust is not necessary because legality and illegality is an abstract concept here in the forum. We do not know in which jurisdiction is based the seller and ours are only supposition.

However OP you should try to talk with Vod, only he can remove the negative trust and if he abused it then he will be removed from the trust system as few other users.

Good luck with your battle (that was only my personal opinion, and we are in a free forum with right & clear rules).
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:07:53 AM

Is "some jurisdictions" such as Italy the entire world? Is the seller based in one of these countries? Is the forum hosted in one of those countries? Are customers from those countries even trading with him? No? You don't know? In that case NOTHING HE IS DOING IS AGAINST THE FORUM RULES.

I have no idea about the legal situation, however I would like to remind OP that Microsoft is the largest company to accept Bitcoin for some of their products and you are not doing them a favour by selling MSDN. I care a lot less about him violating the ToS of companies that are unwilling to do Bitcoin stuff.

Are you really crying a sob story for Microsoft? REALLY? If you think Microsoft gives two shits about you or Bitcoin, beyond profit motive, you are sorely mistaken.

Oh my GOD, another thread about the trust system. This is really insane, I don't think Vod has abused the trust system but his negative trust is not necessary because legality and illegality is an abstract concept here in the forum. We do not know in which jurisdiction is based the seller and ours are only supposition.

However OP you should try to talk with Vod, only he can remove the negative trust and if he abused it then he will be removed from the trust system as few other users.

Good luck with your battle (that was only my personal opinion, and we are in a free forum with right & clear rules).

Yes, yes, it is always insane, of course until it is you personally who have to deal with it. Then it is a travesty that must be corrected. It is way to easy to dismiss people from the sidelines when it has zero direct effect on you. BTW, the rules aren't so clear, especially relating to the trust system. In fact there are no official rules posted anywhere on the forum. This makes it much easier for those in charge to say "do as I say, not as I do", but then unfortunately leaves the rest of the forum guessing as to what is ok and looking to bad examples like VOD for an answer to what is acceptable behavior.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:10:49 AM

Sory for the 2nd copy-paste but this is the answer to your statement.

Quote from: Vod's Trust Feedback
This user is selling Microsoft product keys they get from MSDN subscriptions. This is not allowed. Microsoft does not sell product keys without Certificate of Authenticity.

All it will take is a single person to report his illegal purchase of a Microsoft key (even someone who intentionally buys just to report), then Microsoft can trace it back to the original MSDN subscription that generated that key.

ALL keys generated from that MSDN account will then become invalidated (i.e. stop working) and FuckIdolPlus will NOT give you your money back.

This is a scam. Do not purchase keys from this account!

The bottom line, if you want to become a reseller, you need to become a Microsoft Partner who resells the entire package, not just product keys.
 =snip=
you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
=snip=

Edit: Second last line might not be appropriate though.

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:16:01 AM

I have no idea about the legal situation, however I would like to remind OP that Microsoft is the largest company to accept Bitcoin for some of their products and you are not doing them a favour by selling MSDN. I care a lot less about him violating the ToS of companies that are unwilling to integrate Bitcoin.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft accepting bitcoin please drop this off because this is about someone is selling a MSDN key, that is all, so from your point of view if in some country the people use a lot of pirated version of microsoft does that means Microsoft will be unwilling to sell their products to the country?

To OP, this is an issue about ethical, in Most of the countries , a pirated version is actually being use as the "legal" version, vod thinks this is illegal thus according to what cakir found, even Microsoft isnt really care about this pirated version, so if you could present a solid evidence like this , vod will be willing to remove the negative trust

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:16:23 AM

Sory for the 2nd copy-paste but this is the answer to your statement.

Quote from: Vod's Trust Feedback
This user is selling Microsoft product keys they get from MSDN subscriptions. This is not allowed. Microsoft does not sell product keys without Certificate of Authenticity.

All it will take is a single person to report his illegal purchase of a Microsoft key (even someone who intentionally buys just to report), then Microsoft can trace it back to the original MSDN subscription that generated that key.

ALL keys generated from that MSDN account will then become invalidated (i.e. stop working) and FuckIdolPlus will NOT give you your money back.

This is a scam. Do not purchase keys from this account!

The bottom line, if you want to become a reseller, you need to become a Microsoft Partner who resells the entire package, not just product keys.
 =snip=
you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
=snip=

Edit: Second last line might not be appropriate though.

So VOD can see the future now? He KNOWS that the keys will be revoked (even though there are no customers complaining). Also apparently he KNOWS that this user will not reimburse his customers with a replacement or a refund some how. Did some one steal VOD out of the precog tank from minority report?

To OP, this is an issue about ethical, in Most of the countries , a pirated version is actually being use as the "legal" version, vod thinks this is illegal thus according to what cakir found, even Microsoft isnt really care about this pirated version, so if you could present a solid evidence like this , vod will be willing to remove the negative trust
Only, he is not willing to do this in spite of the fact that it is not illegal.
chmod755
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:23:25 AM

Are you really crying a sob story for Microsoft? REALLY? If you think Microsoft gives two shits about you or Bitcoin, beyond profit motive, you are sorely mistaken.

Yeah, I guess I'm "crying a sob story for MS"....  maybe, because I want them to keep using Bitcoin and to integrate it globally.

Almost every company integrates Bitcoin for profits only and that's okay - that's the purpose of Bitcoin.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:26:32 AM

=snip= thus according to what cakir found, even Microsoft isnt really care about this pirated version.

AFAIK only way for Microsoft to find if a person is using pirated version is by checking whether that ley is being used in one computer more than the number of computers the key should be used(see my above post).

So VOD can see the future now? He KNOWS that the keys will be revoked (even though there are no customers complaining). Also apparently he KNOWS that this user will not reimburse his customers with a replacement or a refund some how. Did some one steal VOD out of the precog tank from minority report?

Vod said it may happen and I can't comment on the "refund". That may not be appropriate too but he may have said that in general as this happens a lot here. It is better to change it to "FuckIdolPlus may NOT give you your money back".

Grand_Voyageur

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:27:37 AM

I spoke about Italy since I'm based there; however, the Italian law is based on European Directives so i don't think other EU allow such a trade - so, we can safely say such practices are also illegal in other European Union countries as well (total population is roughly 507 million people). As per forum rules, as stated by sirius, here: 1. Trading of goods that are illegal in the seller's or buyer's country is forbidden; so, since such deals are illegal there IF any buyer or seller involved are based there such a trade is not allowed in Marketplace board.

HE COULD DO NOTHING AGAINST RULES IF HE WOULD BE BASED IN FANTASYLAND SINCE NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT SUCH COUNTRY MAKING A FUSS OVER IT. EUROPEAN UNION IS NOT SO AVAILABLE TO PASS OVER IT...ALSO BECAUSE OF THE TTIP DEAL (LOOK AT ENFORCEMENT PART HERE) THAT SEEMS TO BE BOUND TO INCLUDE ARMONIZATION OF IP LAWS AND RECOGNITION OF COURTS SENTENCES.

Peace & Love

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: