Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:53:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the darkcoin/dash/dashpay instamine matters  (Read 47769 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:00:00 AM

No, you have a problem with misreading, what I said was that your accusation is that TPTB_need_war is a sham, but you're incorrectly using the word scam as a stand-in.

Also, as far as breaking anonymity is concerned, this is a fallacy that I somewhat covered in this thread in #2:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.0

BTW, Shadowcash was brazenly using this "prove it" argument until they weren't Wink

And he can't even call me a sham, until he refutes my technical arguments, which the Dashtards gave up because they realized they couldn't.

And the "prove it" is scam methodology, when the masternodes are ostensibly (and mathematically obviously) monopolized by the instamine insiders  who have been receiving up to 50% per annum ROI on staking their instamined coins, and even the argument that they sold into the bubble as refuted by myself with basic market theory that says the majority buy the top and the insiders control the float so they have the information to know when to sell the top and buy the bottom because they control this.

We've refuted everything they say dozens and dozens of times. They just want to waste more of my time so I would be distracted from my coding. I must ignore them now.

you should be ignoring them after proving your point..

this ceti guy even called me Icebreaker lol...they'll just wear you down  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 09:39:05 AM

No, you have a problem with misreading, what I said was that your accusation is that TPTB_need_war is a sham, but you're incorrectly using the word scam as a stand-in.

Also, as far as breaking anonymity is concerned, this is a fallacy that I somewhat covered in this thread in #2:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.0

BTW, Shadowcash was brazenly using this "prove it" argument until they weren't Wink

And he can't even call me a sham, until he refutes my technical arguments, which the Dashtards gave up because they realized they couldn't.

And the "prove it" is scam methodology, when the masternodes are ostensibly (and mathematically obviously) monopolized by the instamine insiders  who have been receiving up to 50% per annum ROI on staking their instamined coins, and even the argument that they sold into the bubble as refuted by myself with basic market theory that says the majority buy the top and the insiders control the float so they have the information to know when to sell the top and buy the bottom because they control this.

We've refuted everything they say dozens and dozens of times. They just want to waste more of my time so I would be distracted from my coding. I must ignore them now.

you should be ignoring them after proving your point..

this ceti guy even called me Icebreaker lol...they'll just wear you down  Wink

Ceti thinks we're all Risto or smooth, and that smooth is a robot built by Risto, so he's technically Risto.

natall.com

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

net profit: 2700$

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:02:01 PM

I like evan, he has the "might is right" philosophy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6L-aFitDUw i would like to know how much money he made of this shit, it would not surprise me if he ended up owning a very nice house and not having to work for the rest of his life.

I almost fell for the dash scam and i have a iq of 140, they are very skilled at marketing. The instamine is only one of the problems , we also have the issue that most coins will be bined by special hardware(ASIC) which wikl results in coins in the future also being distributed very uneven.

I also dislike the idea of the network being dependend on transaction fees in the far future, i do not think this will work(has that ever been tested?), monero solves this problem with tail emission, another solution is to have a 1/(1+0.5t)^1.5 block reward. The fast transaction time do make dash interesting and maybe a better version of dash would make sense(unfortinatily dash has a huge first mover advantage).

I actually hate trading and i am never happy.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 07:36:38 PM

I like evan, he has the "might is right" philosophy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6L-aFitDUw i would like to know how much money he made of this shit, it would not surprise me if he ended up owning a very nice house and not having to work for the rest of his life.

I almost fell for the dash scam and i have a iq of 140, they are very skilled at marketing. The instamine is only one of the problems , we also have the issue that most coins will be bined by special hardware(ASIC) which wikl results in coins in the future also being distributed very uneven.

I also dislike the idea of the network being dependend on transaction fees in the far future, i do not think this will work(has that ever been tested?), monero solves this problem with tail emission, another solution is to have a 1/(1+0.5t)^1.5 block reward. The fast transaction time do make dash interesting and maybe a better version of dash would make sense(unfortinatily dash has a huge first mover advantage).

DASH's snake oil marketing uses your own high iq against you.

All the techobabble about "second tier Masternodes" and "X11" only serve to bamboozle bright-but-naive noobs.

Once a victim of the Evan's Gate cult starts to see visions of their Masternode shitting out money like a golden donkey, the brainwashing has taken effect and it's hard to deprogram.

Many of Dash's cult enforcers where there watching the instamine as it happened, yet have drunk so deeply of the greed-flavored Kool Aid they say (and perhaps believe) ridiculous things like "Evan is greater than Satoshi."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
natall.com

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

net profit: 2700$

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:56:39 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 07:17:27 AM by natall.com

I almost fell for the dash scam and i have a iq of 140, they are very skilled at marketing. The instamine is only one of the problems , we also have the issue that most coins will be bined by special hardware(ASIC) which will results in coins in the future also being distributed very uneven.

DASH's snake oil marketing uses your own high iq against you.

All the techobabble about "second tier Masternodes" and "X11" only serve to bamboozle bright-but-naive noobs.

Once a victim of the Evan's Gate cult starts to see visions of their Masternode shitting out money like a golden donkey, the brainwashing has taken effect and it's hard to deprogram.

Many of Dash's cult enforcers where there watching the instamine as it happened, yet have drunk so deeply of the greed-flavored Kool Aid they say (and perhaps believe) ridiculous things like "Evan is greater than Satoshi."
High iq is not enough, you also need to do a lot of research before investing in alternative currencies. Sadly i think many just want quick profits and do not care if it is 100% ponzi scheme as long as they make money. To be honest i would have done the same thing as evan if it had made me into a multi millionare, money/resourses is needed for true freedom. I have listened to Evan Duffield and he appears to be good and honest man, he is very convinsing but you have to use logics and not emotions when investing.

The only real advantage with DASH is fast transaction time, the rest is just pointlesd bells and whistles. Dash is a ugly crypto, not the simplicity and elegance i want to have, i never understood how the block reward is calculated, i only understood that it is a ugly mess.

Whats the point of X11, how does it make the coin any better?

Having a strong and simple social contract is important, you need to find a good and simple formula for how the block reward(emission curve) will be and stick with it. I dislike bitcoin but at least it us simple and clean. In dash how the coins is distributed has been changed more than once.

I actually hate trading and i am never happy.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 01:34:35 AM

This thread has been linked by https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-decades-ahead-altcoin/

in many cases altcoins tarnish the public image of cryptocurrency. You can see this by merely observing the pumpers and shills trying to beat Bitcoin by using any means necessary. This includes attacking Bitcoin core developers, scamming people, instamines, fraudulent claims, and outright shady activity throughout their illusionary communities.

By reinforcing the public's stereotype of Bitcoin=Ponzi, Dash's scammy instamine makes all crypto look bad.

Shame!   Angry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
myriadforce

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:36:09 AM

Who says all coins have to be mined?

Either the coin is available or not, and functional in society or not.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 01:34:44 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 09:27:55 AM by iCEBREAKER

Who says all coins have to be mined?

Either the coin is available or not, and functional in society or not.

Satoshi's whitepaper explains exactly why all coins have to mined, if we are to work around the Byzantine Generals' Problem of decentralized trust.

Make a cup of coffee and and google "reusable proof of work."  You've got a lot of homework to do.

Your noob opinions are worthless and wrong.  Nobody cares about your unsupported blanket assertions, useless platitudes, and circular logic.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:37:32 AM

Cheesy

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:17:24 AM

I have a question. Let us say that the Evan guy did not instamine Dash. Would it be considered a good coin in general? Is the instamine the only impeding factor that is making it considered a bad coin?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:12:07 AM

I have a question. Let us say that the Evan guy did not instamine Dash. Would it be considered a good coin in general? Is the instamine the only impeding factor that is making it considered a bad coin?

Not relaunching also went to his character as he went back on his word and cut most of the community out of the initial mine. And the mixing he cobbled together is nothing more than snake oil that is a perpetual income for the initial premine. You have alot of homework on this coin to catch up on.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 04:41:03 AM

It's built overly complex and purports itself to be a panacea for every cryptofad that comes along: "ETH? We got DAO's too! Fast? We're so fast we turn back time! Anonymity! Pst, we were once called darkcoin--do you think we'd brand ourselves dark if weren't anonymous???"

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:22:57 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 05:42:14 AM by arielbit

It's built overly complex and purports itself to be a panacea for every cryptofad that comes along: "ETH? We got DAO's too! Fast? We're so fast we turn back time! Anonymity! Pst, we were once called darkcoin--do you think we'd brand ourselves dark if weren't anonymous???"

let me add to this.

darkcoin name was taken from a coin that is announced but not launched

dash was stolen from dashcoin dsh, and yes they tried to kill dashcoin for its name

claiming cutting edge technology and good marketing but cannot think a name for their coin.

snake oil crypto, being sold by snakes.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:30:51 AM

Ok I get it now. So it is no good. But can anyone explain why the price is rising? Manipulation? Adoption? Long term investing from whales?

It seems very illogical for this coin to rise that high if it has no positive attributes.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SchemerDreamer

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:56:45 AM

All else aside, i liked the Darkcoin name much better than DASH  Undecided
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:27:33 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 09:40:53 AM by aleix

Ok I get it now. So it is no good. But can anyone explain why the price is rising? Manipulation? Adoption? Long term investing from whales?

It seems very illogical for this coin to rise that high if it has no positive attributes.

You can't believe all you hear in the altcoin section in Bitcointalk. Most of the opinions here are strongly biased.  

Greedy and envy are powerful in the Bitcoin and Altcoin world. Sucess is not well accepted, specially when some people here invested life savings in Dash competiton currencies  Wink

My advice -> Do your own research.

https://www.dash.org
https://www.dash.org/forum
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:16:15 AM

Masternodes.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:59:07 AM

You can't believe all you hear in the altcoin section in Bitcointalk. Most of the opinions here are strongly biased.  

Greedy and envy are powerful in the Bitcoin and Altcoin world. Sucess is not well accepted, specially when some people here invested life savings in Dash competiton currencies  Wink

do your own research?... and then pointing to the "biased dash website" hahaha

my advice -> look at both sides of the coin  Wink
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:28:34 PM

my advice -> look at both sides of the coin  Wink

Sure. I couldn't agree more.

After tons of FUD and lies in this thread I pointed to an alternative source  Wink
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:28:52 PM

Last time I looked there were around 6 million coins and well over 3000 MasterModes. One needs 1000 coins for a MN, so that 3 to 4 million coins tied up in MN's.So a lot of the supply is tied up in MN's and not in the market. With a restricted supply we need relatively less demand to boost the price
Dash appears to be marketed slickly too.
So we have a slick marketing campaign and a small supply. Good ingredients for a rising price. Quite bullish.Though I'm not sure what these things mean in the long run
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: