Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The BitcoinCard : Vienna, Austria Workshop  (Read 14051 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 06:22:20 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2012, 12:34:38 AM by Yankee (BitInstant)

Hey all,

In continuation with this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78171.0

Many of us are heading to Vienna tomorrow to learn more about The BitcoinCard bitcoincard.org

We will blogging about it every day, giving you pictures, news, videos, and updates of the trip and our workshop.

A good team of people are going including Amir (Intersango), Gavin (Bitcoin), Erik Voorhees (Bitinstant), Roger Ver (Bitinstant), Nejc (Bitstamp) and more!

Here we go!!!

Wednesday June 6th Blog Post:  BitcoinCard : Vienna : The next evolution of Bitcoin

Friday June 8th Blog Post:  BitcoinCard in Vienna Day 1: Coffee, missing ATM's, and some testing! (Pictures)

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 06:29:32 PM

All we need to do is to try to live while using each others' services directly, without the participation of outside agents such as the dollar, and everything will be smooth sailing.

Right on.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:33:48 PM

I'll be waiting with baited breath!

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
austonst

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:41:07 PM

I'll be waiting with baited breath!

Sally, having swallowed cheese,
Directs down holes the scented breeze,
Enticing thus with baited breath
Nice mice to an untimely death.

I'm looking forward to the info!

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:44:42 PM

I hope we can get a booth with these at the next 99% rally.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:46:42 PM

I hope we can get a booth with these at the next 99% rally.

Set one up and you will have one.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:55:12 PM

It would be a nice surprise to see bitcoincard in the next issue of Bitcoin Magazine  Shocked

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 07:29:01 PM

I'm already very exited and looking forward to meeting everyone there Smiley
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:06:18 PM

Quote from: Yankee (BitInstant)
But seriously, would you turn down a chance to reinvent the future of technology with a bunch of Europeans who barely speak your language? Like I said 'Why the hell not!'

Indeed!

We from the Austrian Bitcoin community are happy to get the chance to meet you all and talk about the potential of this great piece of technology. It'll be a very interesting event for sure (despite the strange language of us Europeans Wink)

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:08:48 PM

It would be a nice surprise to see bitcoincard in the next issue of Bitcoin Magazine  Shocked
Fat chance, apparently MNW is developing a competitor to it that he doesn't want anyone to know about, so he probably wouldn't allow such an article to be included.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:26:53 PM

Fat chance, apparently MNW is developing a competitor to it that he doesn't want anyone to know about, so he probably wouldn't allow such an article to be included.
My thoughts exactly...  Cool
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:27:15 AM

Man I wish I learned about this sooner, I live just 200km away from Vienna  Undecided

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 10:30:25 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2012, 10:41:59 AM by Kris

I am currently talking with Nejc and it seems interesting. If I can manage getting the plane tickets I might attend as well.

Regards

Kris

WalletBit(tm)
https://walletbit.com

EDIT:

My passport is expired. Sorry.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 10:47:06 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2012, 11:16:34 AM by Matthew N. Wright

It would be a nice surprise to see bitcoincard in the next issue of Bitcoin Magazine  Shocked

My role at Bitcoin Magazine isn't to exclude legitimate stories of innovation in Bitcoin. It's to include legitimate news. When bitcoincard is proven to be more than just an over-hyped self-contradicting pipe dream website, I would be more than happy to write an entire piece on it for the print issue. The same goes for MintChip (which will probably end up as a colossal  failure but I hope -that- succeeds as well as it serves a purpose).

If the Ellet ever gets an article, it'll be because it's been proven, not because I have some kind of special interest in it. Your horridly inaccurate underestimation of our journalistic integrity is quite sickening. I want the same thing you want-- less bullshit and vaporware and more movement. Yet instead of bothering to build something or participate in a movement, you prefer to poke fun at me and all my personal advances in the Bitcoin economy. Classy.

Open your eyes to the facts: why don't these bitcoincard guys stick to what they say instead of completely contradicting themselves in their uberhype videos? "Doesn't rely on infrastructure"? What do you call requiring everyone in the world to hold a gateway repeater to the benefit of their neighbors? What do you call a USB dongle? Give me a break. I hope this is all clarified in this trip (that's why they're going afterall), but I'm not holding my breath because we've already found the solution and don't need to wait on anyone else.

As a community, we're all waiting to see what Erik and Charlie gather on their trip to Vienna, but I can't say I personally have much faith in any of this being more than fishing for investors for a product that markets itself as a privacy invasive DOA piece of hardware that requires a major rebuilding of a communications infrastructure just so you can be force fed ads.

lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 10:56:40 AM

Where is the workshop, when is it and is it open for public?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 11:18:35 AM

I am currently talking with Nejc and it seems interesting. If I can manage getting the plane tickets I might attend as well.

Regards

Kris

WalletBit(tm)

EDIT:

Since when do you need a passport to travel inside the EU? lol
Aren't Denmark and Austria member states? Wink
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 11:24:48 AM

Regards

Kris

WalletBit(tm)

EDIT:

Since when do you need a passport to travel inside the EU? lol
Aren't Denmark and Austria member states? Wink

Yeah I know lame right, but I did some searching and you apparently need it none the less.

Extra information, you need fingerprint in your passport now as well...

Open borders in my BIIP.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 12:17:12 PM

You need to carry one (and it needs to be valid...) but you might not need to show it during your whole trip, depending on if you go by car/plane/train...

I'm doubtful about the fingerprint stuff, you might need to give fingerprints to get a passport, but Austria doesn't reject you, if your passport is not biometric (at least if you're from Denmark).

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 12:51:54 PM

If anyone wants a place to stay, I have an extra bed and a sofa for people to crash on. Also lots of floor space.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 01:09:45 PM

It would be a nice surprise to see bitcoincard in the next issue of Bitcoin Magazine  Shocked

My role at Bitcoin Magazine isn't to exclude legitimate stories of innovation in Bitcoin. It's to include legitimate news. When bitcoincard is proven to be more than just an over-hyped self-contradicting pipe dream website, I would be more than happy to write an entire piece on it for the print issue. The same goes for MintChip (which will probably end up as a colossal  failure but I hope -that- succeeds as well as it serves a purpose).

If the Ellet ever gets an article, it'll be because it's been proven, not because I have some kind of special interest in it. Your horridly inaccurate underestimation of our journalistic integrity is quite sickening. I want the same thing you want-- less bullshit and vaporware and more movement. Yet instead of bothering to build something or participate in a movement, you prefer to poke fun at me and all my personal advances in the Bitcoin economy. Classy.

Open your eyes to the facts: why don't these bitcoincard guys stick to what they say instead of completely contradicting themselves in their uberhype videos? "Doesn't rely on infrastructure"? What do you call requiring everyone in the world to hold a gateway repeater to the benefit of their neighbors? What do you call a USB dongle? Give me a break. I hope this is all clarified in this trip (that's why they're going afterall), but I'm not holding my breath because we've already found the solution and don't need to wait on anyone else.

As a community, we're all waiting to see what Erik and Charlie gather on their trip to Vienna, but I can't say I personally have much faith in any of this being more than fishing for investors for a product that markets itself as a privacy invasive DOA piece of hardware that requires a major rebuilding of a communications infrastructure just so you can be force fed ads.

Number one reason why you need an "Announcements" account and a "trolling account". Also your view is being jaded because you are competition, so I think we shall just sit back and see what happens. Furthermore, that statement was from before you actually made the "Ellet" announcement and gave more than just superficial details about it, so gimme a break.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: