Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:22:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neteller now is using Bitpay to accept Bitcoin as deposit method - Big news!  (Read 10217 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:45:01 PM

Hmm, this need some new tests ...

Edit:
It still show this message by clicking deposit with Bitcoin:
Bitcoin deposits can be used immediately for transfers to merchants, purchases via Net+, or transfers to other members. The funds can be withdrawn via ATM 7 days after deposit.

http://blog.neteller.com/2015/04/new-deposit-option-bitcoin/

Funds deposited using Bitcoin are available immediately for transfers to merchants or other members. However, funds deposited using Bitcoin are not available for purchases or withdrawals using your Net+ Prepaid MasterCard®.

I thought that this would be possible after waiting 7 days? Have they really changed it or is this blog post mistaken?

So basically you can't use your bitcoin deposited funds as balance on your debit card.

No point then.

It seems this is the end of "neteller" for all the bitcoiner, then what will advcash do? Because They also use mastercard. Will they 'force' this rule?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:09:31 PM

So basically you can't use your bitcoin deposited funds as balance on your debit card.

Is this true or FUD? Could someone with the card try out? If it's true, it sucks completely : /
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:21:41 PM

Is this true or FUD? Could someone with the card try out? If it's true, it sucks completely : /

It's true for the Neteller card, yes, unfortunately: http://blog.neteller.com/2015/04/new-deposit-option-bitcoin/
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:23:16 PM

Quote from: Sarah
I can confirm that the information provided in this blog is correct and that you will not be able to use funds deposited via Bitcoin with your Net+ card.

http://blog.neteller.com/2015/04/new-deposit-option-bitcoin/
Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:55:35 PM

On the blog they answer to the question :

Can we use the funds with a Neteller virtual card?

With

No, none of the Net+ card products will be able to access funds which were deposited to NETELLER via Bitcoin.

So, what does this means? how can i use BTC deposited on Neteller?

If virtual card doesn't work, if Neteller/Mastercard doesn't work, what are the remaining options???
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:01:50 PM

On the blog they answer to the question :

Can we use the funds with a Neteller virtual card?

With

No, none of the Net+ card products will be able to access funds which were deposited to NETELLER via Bitcoin.

So, what does this means? how can i use BTC deposited on Neteller?

If virtual card doesn't work, if Neteller/Mastercard doesn't work, what are the remaining options???

That's correct. You can't use funds from deposited Bitcoin with your Neteller MasterCard nor the virtual card. You can only use funds from Bitcoin deposits for transfers to merchants or other members.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:29:31 PM

hmm but if I deposit in a merchant like betfair, and them withdraw it, won't it be treated as "normal" founds and then I can use them with my neteller card?

HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 04:31:21 PM

How much ask betfair to withdraw?

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
patt0
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:37:57 PM

How much ask betfair to withdraw?

To withdraw there is no fee. To deposit used to be free, but now they charge you 1% of your deposit. But if is a way to get around it it's not that bad.

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:14:39 PM

hmm but if I deposit in a merchant like betfair, and them withdraw it, won't it be treated as "normal" founds and then I can use them with my neteller card?

Not sure. It could be seen as originating from BTC (but a bank deposit could be too). Ask support!
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:15:12 PM

HostFat you should make the edit more easily seen.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:38:38 PM

Not sure. It could be seen as originating from BTC (but a bank deposit could be too). Ask support!

He should just try it and see if it works. If it does, then it's an easy way to get around the system, but that could mean that your account gets possibly flagged due to abusing it or something.
patt0
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:22:04 PM

He should just try it and see if it works. If it does, then it's an easy way to get around the system, but that could mean that your account gets possibly flagged due to abusing it or something.

I will try it at the end of the month (maybe sooner). To be honest I can't see how they can stop me from doing it. I don't think they are allowed to ask betfair for details on my activity, so I could just be withdrawing profit, or wtv. They could have a system like betfair, and that would stop it.

They could control how much I have deposited into betfair with btc, and then only allow me to use founds from betfair if they were more the initially deposited. (I have deposit the equivalent to $30 in btc into betfair, so if I withdrew, let's say $35 from betfair, they would only let me use $5 with the card, and the other $30 would have the same restrictions).

I will let you know what happens when I try it.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:24:45 PM

I will try it at the end of the month (maybe sooner). To be honest I can't see how they can stop me from doing it. I don't think they are allowed to ask betfair for details on my activity, so I could just be withdrawing profit, or wtv. They could have a system like betfair, and that would stop it.

They could control how much I have deposited into betfair with btc, and then only allow me to use founds from betfair if they were more the initially deposited. (I have deposit the equivalent to $30 in btc into betfair, so if I withdrew, let's say $35 from betfair, they would only let me use $5 with the card, and the other $30 would have the same restrictions).

I do not think they will cause you a problem or lock those funds, if you withdraw them from betfair than in this case they cannot say nothing.

Someone know if the problem is definitely by mastercard or not?

HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 02:14:49 PM

We know that the problem comes from mastercard because the Neteller PR has said it on the blog
Now she has edited her messages but there are still some screenshots on Reddit.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:47:14 PM

We know that the problem comes from mastercard because the Neteller PR has said it on the blog

I think it's just their relationship with MasterCard, other services are using MasterCard without issues.
patt0
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:37:42 PM

I do not think they will cause you a problem or lock those funds, if you withdraw them from betfair than in this case they cannot say nothing.

Someone know if the problem is definitely by mastercard or not?

I don't think they will do that either. That is why I said that this should be the easy way to "counter the system".
But if they are really serious in that restriction in using btc deposit with the card etc, that would be their easy way of doing it.

Betfair does it as well, to prevent users from depositing with a payment method and withdraw it with another.
(anyway like I said I will test it at the end of the month and let you know how it goes)

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:44:51 PM

I think it's just their relationship with MasterCard, other services are using MasterCard without issues.

Perfect, thanks. So I do not think it will be a problem with the advcash card (or at least I hope).
rodrigobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:38:58 PM

patt0 but to betfair or other similar site, you can deposit and later withdraw, without play money at least one time?

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
  BETFURY ..🎲 YOU PLAY - WE PAY 🎲..|    ▄▓▓▓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▓▓▓▓
   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▀▀▀          ▓▓▓         ▀▀▀▀
             ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
             ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█

▓ ▓
                                     ▓▓▓▓▓
                                     ▓▓  ▓▓
                                     ▓▓▓▓▓
                                     ▓▓  ▓▓
                                     ▓▓▓▓▓
                                     ▓ ▓
|
Twitter
Telegram
Bitcointalk
patt0
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:21:27 PM

patt0 but to betfair or other similar site, you can deposit and later withdraw, without play money at least one time?

I never did that but I'm sure you can. What you can't withdraw without "playing" first is bonus money from any promotion they might have, but I'm sure you can withdraw the money you just deposited. (the only "restriction" like I said before is that you must use the same method you previous used to deposit. If you deposit let's say $30 with neteller you must withdraw them from neteller and not by any other method)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: