Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BYE BYE  (Read 4675 times)
GREEDYJOHN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:20:45 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2016, 10:59:52 PM by GREEDYJOHN

Hi all,

Would any of you consider using a paintball marker for home defence, in a riot situation to ward off violent people from approaching your home?

NB: Paintball marker shooting within the legal power limits of state.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GREEDYJOHN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:33:36 PM

Have a look at this review of BT DFENDER MARKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aBZQhD9s2g
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIClSu6D80I

It is an expensive marker, out of my league

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 10:06:20 PM

This sounds like a good way to get shot to death and have no defense. If you had no other options available, maybe... but I would suggest something like this if you absolutely can't get or refuse to get a firearm.

http://www.drozdmax.com/bb-machine-guns.html
GREEDYJOHN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:13:52 PM

This sounds like a good way to get shot to death and have no defense. If you had no other options available, maybe... but I would suggest something like this if you absolutely can't get or refuse to get a firearm.

There are hard nylon balls or powder filled paintballs. These markers can exceed the normal 12 - 16 Joule muzzle energy, going up to 20 - 30 Joules for experts who know how to tune their markers to maximum power.

BB guns penetrate, but paintball markers just pack a punch, especially if you use hard balls.

Of course, the DROZD can have a higher muzzle energy, if you know how to install an extended inner barrel.
However, the DROZD will not be available in countries that BAN FULL AUTO AIR WEAPONS.
This is the real reason why I even suggest paintball with hard balls.

Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:22:34 PM

A standard marker or even a high powered one is useless for home defense, since a piece of wood, metal or even thick clothing will basically render your marker useless. That said, if you got capsicum filled ammo (which I've seen, but never used), then you might have a good deterrent, as even blocking the shots wouldn't help unless you had some sort of respirator and eye protection. You could effectively disable all but the most determined individuals if the ammo is high enough concentration and you can throw enough of it downrange.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 10:27:37 PM

There are hard nylon balls or powder filled paintballs. These markers can exceed the normal 12 - 16 Joule muzzle energy, going up to 20 - 30 Joules for experts who know how to tune their markers to maximum power.

BB guns penetrate, but paintball markers just pack a punch, especially if you use hard balls.

Of course, the DROZD can have a higher muzzle energy, if you know how to install an extended inner barrel.
However, the DROZD will not be available in countries that BAN FULL AUTO AIR WEAPONS.
This is the real reason why I even suggest paintball with hard balls.

I am aware of specialized ammo for paintball guns and that the PSI can be cranked up, it is still an inferior self defense weapon. The primary reason being is your ammo is limited and you can only (unless full auto) fire as fast as your finger can pull the trigger. Second, paintball guns and their tanks and hoppers are usually very large and cumbersome. With a full auto BB gun, you spray someone with that once and they will be very motivated to leave, and the chances of it killing them are very low if you aren't aiming at the head. If you use it carefully you could use it to fight off a whole crowd of people, unlike a paintball gun.
GREEDYJOHN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:33:14 PM

A standard marker or even a high powered one is useless for home defense, since a piece of wood, metal or even thick clothing will basically render your marker useless. That said, if you got capsicum filled ammo (which I've seen, but never used), then you might have a good deterrent, as even blocking the shots wouldn't help unless you had some sort of respirator and eye protection. You could effectively disable all but the most determined individuals if the ammo is high enough concentration and you can throw enough of it downrange.
Pepperballs can be expensive and even unavailable (or illegal for civilian use) in some countries. Hard nylon balls are also a good option, but they ate difficult to get hold of.

I have fired these hard nylon balls, they punch holes through 8mm thick particle board or plywood at point-blank range.

Here is a video of them being shot into the arm of a live human target, the ball got stuck in his arm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3--lSBoCXYA

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:48:13 AM

http://www.deadstopshields.com/

Ballistic Shield + Fist = Unconscious Rioter Wink

OR, you could just smack them in the face with the shield itself depending on how good you are, ballistic shields and the like are perfect for riot scenarios, most people don't have guns, but even if they do something like this will at least stop some rounds without putting you at risk law wise.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:10:37 PM

http://www.deadstopshields.com/

Ballistic Shield + Fist = Unconscious Rioter Wink

OR, you could just smack them in the face with the shield itself depending on how good you are, ballistic shields and the like are perfect for riot scenarios, most people don't have guns, but even if they do something like this will at least stop some rounds without putting you at risk law wise.

Spear guns (for divers).
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

paintball marker to defence against whom? what a joke
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:29:15 AM

Its for RIOT police.. Normal countries in EU does not have gun nuts like the US does.
If the police starts fireing rubber balls at you with that kind of force, then people are gonna run.. No one can stand against it.

Whats next? Gonna do like what happend in egypt?
Just open fire with real rifles on civilians that are unarmed?

Stupid americans..

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:25:04 AM

Hi all,

Would any of you consider using a paintball marker for home defence, in a riot situation to ward off violent people from approaching your home?

NB: Paintball marker loaded with paintballs or hard balls, but shooting within the legal power limits of state.

No. That wouldn't knock them out but after hitting some of them the rest would be really pissed off.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:12:01 PM

Ballistic shield to the face! Ballistic shield to the face! Cheesy
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:48:06 PM

Neh, You're just going to make them angry and pissed, better use a tesla coil or 1 tank of pepper spray with a hose Tongue
GREEDYJOHN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:16:12 PM

Its for RIOT police.. Normal countries in EU does not have gun nuts like the US does.
If the police starts fireing rubber balls at you with that kind of force, then people are gonna run.. No one can stand against it.

Stupid americans..
I suggested paintball, because it is a TOY that can be used as a low power weapon. You do not need FAC certificate, no fear of confiscation, you can use other ammo such a rubber balls, plastic-nylon balls or other hard balls.
I prefer them to air- rifles, because paintball with solid balls will not penetrate, but will provide blunt force.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:25:48 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 12:20:36 AM by bitgeek

Stupid americans..
Really? Some of the countries with the highest gun ownership ratio in the world are in Europe.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Guns.png/279px-Guns.png

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:29:46 PM

Stupid americans..

Yeah, those scarey rubber balls! I'd run, too, unless I had something like a piece of wood or metal to block them. It's a shame you can't find a shield like that just anywhere on the ground for free... oh wait...

Stupid Eurotrash.
GREEDYJOHN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:38:57 AM

Stupid americans..

Yeah, those scarey rubber balls! I'd run, too, unless I had something like a piece of wood or metal to block them. It's a shame you can't find a shield like that just anywhere on the ground for free... oh wait...

Stupid Eurotrash.
It is a pity that American police must always use LIVE ammo. As big as they are, they cannot develop a more tame method for everyday use.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:42:53 AM

LMAO... I could just imagine someone pulling a tippman on me... I'd bust that shit over their head so fast... Forget a paintball gun man.. If anything arm yourself with a Bat, golfclub, butcher knife, tire iron ect..... you gotta put the toys away dude, for real!
GREEDYJOHN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:36:51 AM

LMAO... I could just imagine someone pulling a tippman on me... I'd bust that shit over their head so fast... Forget a paintball gun man.. If anything arm yourself with a Bat, golfclub, butcher knife, tire iron ect..... you gotta put the toys away dude, for real!
I am talking about home defence. With a paintball marker with solid nylon balls shooting at over 350 fps, you can hit a target 10 metres away, just like punching somebody that is 10 metres away. You could even fire from a hidden location, if it is all dark, etc.
More importantly, it is NON-LETHAL, so you can do a "HIT AND RUN".

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: