Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259321 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 05:14:03 PM

Hi, just found this coin, can someone explain to me why the price jumped from 1 sat to 7 sat in the past 4 days? Also the price curve on Coinmarketcap looks weird, seems like the price as been below 1 sat from time to time?

This coin has been around for over 3 years. It is quite well distributed, has good fundamentals , and there are a lot of holders who would be well connected in the crypto world.

It has had little attention for some time, but the developer is very competent, and has been working on a number of improvements. There is a new wallet due for release imminent.

This is a Proof Of Stake coin, and that is where the speculative attention is now turning, after Privacy-Centric coins had a big run. Also, there are a large number of units at a very low price, which is also now being recognised as a significant positive (have a look at where the prices of Mooncoin, Digibyte etc.. have gone recently).

Regarding price, the coin was traded on different exchanges in the past, and quotes in LTC rather than BTC account for the lower price.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:22:40 PM

Hi, just found this coin, can someone explain to me why the price jumped from 1 sat to 7 sat in the past 4 days? Also the price curve on Coinmarketcap looks weird, seems like the price as been below 1 sat from time to time?

ECC has been around since 2014 and was more or less dead for a long time. It has recently been revived and is picking up momentum and users. More exchanges are needed to smooth things out a bit but, that will come in time. A new wallet is due today or tomorrow now that the coin is actively being developed again.

So the price spike is due to the coin taken over by CryptoUnited just a few days ago? Why is the thread so long then?  Cheesy

I wonder what exchanges you had before being added on CoinExchange, that resulted in a price lower than 1 sat?

No, the coin was taken over by Griffith in August, 2014. The guy who created it pro-mined it and let it go. One of the reasons was that the code was full of errors and the chain was forking all the time.
Griffith took it over and started to repair the wallet. As you properly know any coin that is taken over has all kind of problems because people are angry.

It took 3 years to repair the wallet AND find a good purpose for the coin.
Now Griffith ( yeah the same one that is already 3 years with the coin) has done testing and improving the File Storage on the Blockchain and he made his new plan known. This has generated new interest in ECC.
Especially because the direct competition with the same qty of generated coins and also doing the file storage is going for around 535 Sat at the moment.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:26:31 PM

ECC has been around since 2014 and was more or less dead for a long time. It has recently been revived and is picking up momentum and users. More exchanges are needed to smooth things out a bit but, that will come in time. A new wallet is due today or tomorrow now that the coin is actively being developed again.

So the price spike is due to the coin taken over by CryptoUnited just a few days ago? Why is the thread so long then?  Cheesy

I wonder what exchanges you had before being added on CoinExchange, that resulted in a price lower than 1 sat?

No, the coin was taken over by Griffith in August, 2014. The guy who created it pro-mined it and let it go. One of the reasons was that the code was full of errors and the chain was forking all the time.
Griffith took it over and started to repair the wallet. As you properly know any coin that is taken over has all kind of problems because people are angry.

Now Griffith ( yeah the same one that is already 3 years with the coin) has done testing and improving the File Storage on the Blockchain and he made his new plan known. This has generated new interest in ECC.

Hmm, very interesting indeed. Unfortunately the price is already too high for me now, I don't usually buy coins over 1M market cap. But I'll keep watching and wishing you good luck with this!  Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
thedeepsinghal

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:53:05 PM

I dont know something wrong with wallet. My coins are not staking yet. its been more then week. can anyone asist me.
Marcboy123

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:17:29 PM

If that coin was listed on multiple exchange like bitter, novaexchange,poloniex it would gain a lot of value by now.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:29:51 PM

I dont know something wrong with wallet. My coins are not staking yet. its been more then week. can anyone asist me.

Is your wallet unlocked and caught up with the blokchain?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:31:38 PM

So the price spike is due to the coin taken over by CryptoUnited just a few days ago? Why is the thread so long then?  Cheesy

Especially because the direct competition with the same qty of generated coins and also doing the file storage is going for around 535 Sat at the moment.

Wow, memory fades fast! Now that you mention it, I do remember Griffith taking this on and, several others.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:12:07 PM

Wow, memory fades fast! Now that you mention it, I do remember Griffith taking this on and, several others.

ehh... i feel like i should supplement this a bit while the linux wallets start their compilations.

here is actual timeline:

original dev makes coin in march 2014 with 0.5% bounty --> coin goes on mintpal --> i am assuming original dev sold his stash (500 million) during peak mintpal times of about 10 satoshi --> coin breaks and basically dies due to forking (i think there were about 7 or 8 forks at the time) --> i see the coin and said to myself ive been gpu mining btc/ltc for a while, since im going to school for software engineering i think i could make a go at this whole coin dev thing --> i spend about 2-5 months testing fixes and trying to fix the forks in this coin, in that time i learned a lot on how the blockchain actually works --> eventually i fix the coin --> mintpal goes belly up and everything goes quiet for a while --> i get the coin listed on bleutrade --> i try for about 8 or 9 months (if not a little longer) to successfully make a wallet that can run multiple coins locally simultaneously and find out that due to the way the coins load, this consumes a ton of memory and doesnt scale at all --> quiet for a few more months where im working on helping some coins run by other teams and learning more about bitcoins built in script language as well as keys and cryptography in general, during this time i took a few classes at university on cryptography. --> quiet over last summer because i went to work for a startup company in the western united states that wanted to use blockchain to make a payment system. was real busy with that. it didnt work out. company now gone. --> came back and said ok, i know a lot about this now. i think i can actually take a coin and be innovative with it. --> started to actively develop this again with new features planned and such.

TL;DR took over this coin after original dev left. spent a long time becoming experienced in blockchain tech. decided to actively develop this coin again.
R-J-F

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:27:52 PM

ehh... i feel like i should supplement this a bit while the linux wallets start their compilations.

here is actual timeline:

original dev makes coin in march 2014 with 0.5% bounty --> coin goes on mintpal --> i am assuming original dev sold his stash (500 million) during peak mintpal times of about 10 satoshi --> coin breaks and basically dies due to forking (i think there were about 7 or 8 forks at the time) --> i see the coin and said to myself ive been gpu mining btc/ltc for a while, since im going to school for software engineering i think i could make a go at this whole coin dev thing --> i spend about 2-5 months testing fixes and trying to fix the forks in this coin, in that time i learned a lot on how the blockchain actually works --> eventually i fix the coin --> mintpal goes belly up and everything goes quiet for a while --> i get the coin listed on bleutrade --> i try for about 8 or 9 months (if not a little longer) to successfully make a wallet that can run multiple coins locally simultaneously and find out that due to the way the coins load, this consumes a ton of memory and doesnt scale at all --> quiet for a few more months where im working on helping some coins run by other teams and learning more about bitcoins built in script language as well as keys and cryptography in general, during this time i took a few classes at university on cryptography. --> quiet over last summer because i went to work for a startup company in the western united states that wanted to use blockchain to make a payment system. was real busy with that. it didnt work out. company now gone. --> came back and said ok, i know a lot about this now. i think i can actually take a coin and be innovative with it. --> started to actively develop this again with new features planned and such.

TL;DR took over this coin after original dev left. spent a long time becoming experienced in blockchain tech. decided to actively develop this coin again.

Thanks for the history lesson!  Grin  And, thanks for taking on the project, ECC deserves to live again...

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:40:03 PM

If anyone would like to join our slack, here is the link

https://join.slack.com/cryptounited-public/shared_invite/MTk2ODEyMTUxODQ2LTE0OTcyMDg2NTQtNmJjNmZjZGFjMw

it should be open for anyone to join. will also put this on the OP
R-J-F

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:02:07 PM

Having a problem with the old wallet. Can't get it to make a network UPNP connection. Running 64 bit Windows, wallet is unlocked, firewall allows all from/to wallet but, UpNP choice under Network grayed out. This is recent, worked last week. Any thoughts?

ruptan

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:04:44 PM

Can you mine this again?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
yoseff

Activity: 74
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:44:18 PM

Can you mine this again?
You can mine by POS. You buy some (if you dont have already) and let them in your wallet open for stake.
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:12:31 AM

Can you mine this again?
You can mine by POS. You buy some (if you dont have already) and let them in your wallet open for stake.
It's hard to mine ? I talk the about the difficulty
yoseff

Activity: 74
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:16:17 AM

It's obvious that the more ECC you have, the more you get. It is 25% per Year.
I dont find it hard to mine. It may take a few days until you get your first stakes, but after that you get them more often
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:35:13 AM

It's obvious that the more ECC you have, the more you get. It is 25% per Year.
I dont find it hard to mine. It may take a few days until you get your first stakes, but after that you get them more often
Why we need ECC for mine ECC it's strange...sorry iam a newbie

And for mine by POS i only need to withdraw all my coin on my wallet ?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:18:22 AM

new wallet release will happen in 2 hours at what is 8pm my time
lovingcoins

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:58:07 AM

here is actual timeline:

Wow reading all this just game me more faith in ECC! I will tell my Subscribers about this history class =) because a lot of of them are asking me why I believe so much in this coin, but I dont know, I just have a gut feeling telling me that it will be pretty damn big. As long as Dev/Devs keep working on it. Right now I'm uploading a video teaching them how to use CoinExchange as most dont understand that platform, next video I will show them this and translate it into Spanish. My channel has 3,751 subscribers, my English channel has 137, I know that some people first heard about ECC thanks to me and that makes me feels good inside =)
ruptan

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:16:17 AM

new wallet release will happen in 2 hours at what is 8pm my time

Thanks a lot. Waiting anxiously.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:43:39 AM

Good News Everyone,

The new wallets are up on the website. (OSX will be released tomorrow)

You can either head on over to http://www.cryptounited.io and download the ecc wallets from the coins section or follow the links on the OP.

https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-win32.exe
https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-win64.exe
https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-deb32
https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-deb64

This wallet was a HUGEEE upgrade from the last one. so it is possible that there are some bugs left that i didnt find during testing.

If you have any issues or notice any bugs that you would like to report with the new wallet, you can either:
1) create an issue on the github (http://www.github.com/greg-griffith/eccoin)
2) send us an email on the contact section of the website.
3) post in slack(PM or support channel)
4) PM me on bitcointalk
5) Post about it on this forum.

Over this next week, I would like to ask the community to help us get this coin listed on another exchange. We are hoping for either bittrex or poloniex. Any discussion on which people think would be better is encouraged. or any other input of any kind.

The CryptoUnited team is also working on updating sections of the website. as well as making more podcast and videos to expand our current youtube channel with more information helpful for the cryptocurrency community in general.

This coin is going to change the way people think about crypto currencies

-Griffith
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: