Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:28:28 AM

Ok, ive said it quite a few times already but here it is once more =p

there will be a whole new UI released for the wallet this weekend that will make it a lot easier to use. so be patient on that, we are working on it. it will also make it possible for us to update OSX agian.

CoinExchange is under maintenance because they are currently upgrading their wallet to v0.2.5.0 so there is no need to worry about that.

and yes, mac is the operating system that is having most of the problems right now. we know. but right now there is no way to update OSX (dev environment got corrupted and appple is doing everything it can to prevent us from fixing it) so that makes it really hard to fix the wallets for them. the new wallet UI this weekend will fix a lot of the issues people are having

I am normally more than happy to help people fix their issues. but most of the issues will be fixable from a button click or two once the new UI is finished. so im just gunna have to ask everyone to sit tight on that for a little bit

-Griffith

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saxman717

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:50:24 AM

there will be a whole new UI released for the wallet this weekend that will make it a lot easier to use. so be patient on that, we are working on it. it will also make it possible for us to update OSX agian.

CoinExchange is under maintenance because they are currently upgrading their wallet to v0.2.5.0 so there is no need to worry about that.

and yes, mac is the operating system that is having most of the problems right now. we know. but right now there is no way to update OSX (dev environment got corrupted and appple is doing everything it can to prevent us from fixing it) so that makes it really hard to fix the wallets for them. the new wallet UI this weekend will fix a lot of the issues people are having

I am normally more than happy to help people fix their issues. but most of the issues will be fixable from a button click or two once the new UI is finished. so im just gunna have to ask everyone to sit tight on that for a little bit

-Griffith

That's fantastic news --- thank you for all of the hard work and dedication.  Looking forward to seeing the upcoming new UI
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:07:24 AM

-Griffith

That's fantastic news --- thank you for all of the hard work and dedication.  Looking forward to seeing the upcoming new UI

it is being designed so that if you need help, you click on the help tab. and find your problem. and it has a button to fix it
heytoday

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:08:36 AM

-Griffith

it is being designed so that if you need help, you click on the help tab. and find your problem. and it has a button to fix it

Ok, will this also help with my issue?
BrechREiZ

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:00:43 AM

Please fix your blockexplorer!
It seems it has no active nodes/peers to sync the blockchain.
sumgye

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:25:48 AM

I've looked into this coin for some colleagues of mine and found some issues.

First, upnp is disabled in the code itself, meaning clients can't connect to each other, only nodes - of which there currently only seems to be one that is active. I fixed that code and recompiled the wallet, but either that one node isn't relaying peers or nobody else is running the coin with a connection to that node.

Second, the old wallet issue is a simple one. The reason you get an error when you try opening an old wallet.dat is because of the 0.2 versioning. The old wallets were 1.0+ wallets, so when you try to open an old wallet, it thinks you're trying to open the wallet with an old client. Fixed that.

Third - Yesterday I had a colleague send a large amount of coins to the exchange with the custom wallet I had to make for him because the one made by the dev cannot open old wallets (see above) and they were never confirmed despite showing up on the then functional block explorer. However, I was able to send a small amount of coins (1000) to the exchange from the same wallet afterwards, and they *were* confirmed by the exchange.

Fourth - The node that is online is not relaying blocks from the chain, making it impossible to sync. I expect that this is the same issue the explorer is having.

I've found all the issues I have encountered to be obvious from a coding perspective and the fixes trivial at best. I don't know anything about the state of the chain, or why the nodes have stopped relaying blocks. So take all this for what you will.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:49:11 AM

First, upnp is disabled in the code itself, meaning clients can't connect to each other, only nodes - of which there currently only seems to be one that is active. I fixed that code and recompiled the wallet, but either that one node isn't relaying peers or nobody else is running the coin with a connection to that node.
ah, it seems like upnp was actually turned off. thats a mistake, fixed that. although its not turned off in the code though, it is a compiler argument. but the rest of the explination is a bit off. UPNP maps port forwarding for you, otherwise you have to do it manually. it doesnt prevent you from connecting to other wallets. if you manually port forwarded (i do that with all my wallets manually anyway so i guess i never noticed upnp was off) then upnp wont do anything.  

Also a client and a node are the same thing. i guess the distinction you were making here is if one had port forwarding done or not though.

Second, the old wallet issue is a simple one. The reason you get an error when you try opening an old wallet.dat is because of the 0.2 versioning. The old wallets were 1.0+ wallets, so when you try to open an old wallet, it thinks you're trying to open the wallet with an old client. Fixed that.

just run upgrade wallet= whatever the wallet version is to fix that. i already coded a fix for that without compromising the integrity of the feature structure of the wallet upgrade system. so upgrade=20500 would fix it. or if you have 0.2.4.9 then you run upgradewallet=20409. i made a post about this i think on the last page.

Third - Yesterday I had a colleague send a large amount of coins to the exchange with the custom wallet I had to make for him because the one made by the dev cannot open old wallets (see above) and they were never confirmed despite showing up on the then functional block explorer. However, I was able to send a small amount of coins (1000) to the exchange from the same wallet afterwards, and they *were* confirmed by the exchange.

sounds like your colleagues wallet might have forked itself? unsure. would have to have debug logs to tell. although that is possible.

Fourth - The node that is online is not relaying blocks from the chain, making it impossible to sync. I expect that this is the same issue the explorer is having.

I've found all the issues I have encountered to be obvious from a coding perspective and the fixes trivial at best. I don't know anything about the state of the chain, or why the nodes have stopped relaying blocks. So take all this for what you will.

the three seed nodes are relaying blocks just fine. the explorer is actually disabled completely right now because they are upgrading wallet versions. one of them did crash for a little bit though

to address the, why can i not sync? issue. the best remedy is to try to rebootstrap and sync again. usually fixes the problem (or sync from scratch but wait a while)
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:56:41 AM

Good to see involvement.... thanks a lot 👍🏻
Mark77

Activity: 208

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:12:55 AM

New wallet does not work correctly, part of coins are disappeared.
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:25:43 AM

New wallet does not work correctly, part of coins are disappeared.

Please read a bit up...
There are some issues with the Graphical User Interface (GUI) that is not showing the correct data atm.
No coins disappear, this is a blockchain where all coins are stored on...not only on your wallet!!!

-Griffith
saxman717

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:27:39 AM

Same happened to me ---- the problem is on CoinExchange.io 's end.  They are upgrading the wallet, so the transaction will show as confirmed in your wallet and on the block explorer but will not appear on CoinExchange at all until they take their ECC wallet out of maintenance mode.
mrbasty

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:02:40 PM

Hello ! I dont know what to do with my wallet ! I sended yesterday 11.000 ECC and my wallet never sync, i tryed the "repairwallet" and the "rescan=1" in the conf file. Can someone know how to do and can help me ? I think there is a probleme with the last bock. https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2017/24/6/1497722506-capture-d-ecran-2017-06-17-a-19-54-34.png

https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2017/24/6/1497722506-capture-d-ecran-2017-06-17-a-19-54-43.png
talkingdreams

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:15:51 PM

Installed the electron GUI wallet (https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/Electron-Ecc-gui) on my raspberry Pi.

The installation went smooth but there are some problems when you open the wallet.

When you first open the wallet the dev-tools are open (this might be confusing for non tech users).

The receive tab only shows the word 'receive'. You cannot see your own address and doesn't use any font/layout.

The transaction tab is pretty much the same it only shows the word 'transaction' without any font/layout.

It also doesn't create a wallet file nor does it ask you to create a seed key.

I tried both the Yarn and NPM method. In both cases you have the same end result.
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:30:30 PM

Installed the electron GUI wallet (https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/Electron-Ecc-gui) on my raspberry Pi.

The installation went smooth but there are some problems when you open the wallet.

When you first open the wallet the dev-tools are open (this might be confusing for non tech users).

The receive tab only shows the word 'receive'. You cannot see your own address and doesn't use any font/layout.

The transaction tab is pretty much the same it only shows the word 'transaction' without any font/layout.

I tried both the Yarn and NPM method. In both cases you have the same end result.

This is a work in progress. The developers are working on it so it can be launched in the autum this year as the roadmap shows.

When the app is ready for download it will be announced and be available on the website and the OP
CJ_900

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 06:36:29 PM

Being cheaply priced won't help the coin long term, apart from the low price I haven't seen anything about this coin that would make it a worthy long term investment. I've seen other cheap coins that at least had something that made them stand out but with ECC I see nothing special so far.

Says the guy with 3 posts who registered on June 8   Grin Grin Grin

Why don't you browse this thread and find out why it has such strong interest & potential?

Yet you have absolutely nothing to counter his point.

Everybody comes here and makes the question: what's good about this coin.

Nobody has a single fuckin answer, not one, just "great developer".

What did the developer do?

Write one post in very poor english where he doesn't even specify where's ECC heading.

Do you even guys understand how comparable services work? Like Sia?

The fact that this coint is worth 1-100-1000-1000000 satoshis is close to meaningless to anybody apart the investor.

The real case use is a renter that says "what is the best storage I can use, how much I'm gonna pay for the bandwidth, how much I'm gonna pay for the storage, ecc, ecc"?

If you go on siahub:

http://siahub.info/

You can see the prices for hosting files on a much more mature network and a much more developed coin.

The price of sia is absolutely meaningless as well to anybody by the investors.

It's the hosts that set the prices, collateral and bandwidth. Sia can double the price, it doesn't matter, hosts will compete by lowering the fees.

You guys here provide no information, no value to the discussion, you have absolutely no argument to explain why this coin's good at all.

99 % you bought at the peak and now are desperately trying to motivate people to bail you out.

Meanwhile there's absolutely no discussion on the technology that ECC provides or how it distinguishes from other similar coins like storj or sia.

Great developer? Who is he? Name? What are his credentials. More serious coins have entire development teams, roadmaps, here? I can see nothing. There is barely a functioning wallet.

Keep begging everywhere (where you the guy on the trollbox slack trying to pump ecc?) so people buy it.

Come at me next month and say that ECC doubled it's value, you'll still miss all of my previous points. Wish you at least to make some money with it. Bye.

Thank you, I asked a simple question and the calvary came out in full force and still up to now no one has an answer.

All coins are the same, just need to send data secure from point a to point b, all the flowers and whistles are just a dress up, but as somebody said,I do not see the point of your comments, if you do not like to risk it to a new venture, well, cowards have not made this world move so far, so if you do not like this project and you do not support, stop trolling, or perhaps are you the fail developer of another project that puke envy over others possible success?
You can believe whatever you want mate, lol "failed developer". If I want to know the purpose behind a coin I will ask questions and I do not care what anyone thinks.
talkingdreams

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:41:24 PM

This is a work in progress. The developers are working on it so it can be launched in the autum this year as the roadmap shows.

When the app is ready for download it will be announced and be available on the website and the OP

Seems like I missed this one https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/Ecc-Qt-Gui.
CJ_900

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 06:42:53 PM

-Griffith

Hi Griffith, since you are the developer do you mind telling me what makes this coin unique? Or what you plan to add to this coin to make it more competitive? I know file storage and messaging are planned but there are other coins that do this, just so you know I am not trolling I am genuinely curious.
d03k

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

Griffith did you apply to bittrex already? https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093958872

good when the coin gets more value Smiley

talkingdreams

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:39:38 PM

Trying to compile the GUI wallet but it keeps giving errors for raspberry pi.

Code:
Makefile:1090: recipe for target 'build/node.o' failed
make: *** [build/node.o] Error 1

Makefile:1053: recipe for target 'build/txdb-leveldb.o' failed
make: *** [build/txdb-leveldb.o] Error 1

makefile.unix:196: recipe for target 'build/checkpoints.o' failed
make: *** [build/checkpoints.o] Error 1

1. Cloned the ECCoin github, cloned the Ecc-Qt-Gui github.
2. Dragged the QT and eccoin-qt.pro to the ECCoin map.
3. Open ECCoin folder
4. qmake eccoin-qt.pro
5. make -j 3
6. Then you get the compiling error.

What am I doing wrong?
El marinero

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:43:38 PM

-Griffith

Hi Griffith, since you are the developer do you mind telling me what makes this coin unique? Or what you plan to add to this coin to make it more competitive? I know file storage and messaging are planned but there are other coins that do this, just so you know I am not trolling I am genuinely curious.

This coin will travel the space, and will fly like superman, and will cook like my grand ma, and will make love like Stefania, and make the best ice cram free for all at the beach, and will swim across the ocean, and will make a single skin color to all humans, and will twerk better than Milley Cirus, and will do tatoo and tatoo removal the the same time no laser required, and jump like van helen, and will live forever, and your grand sons will buy a new tesla car with only 5 of it
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: