Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:23:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything sustainable worth of investing?  (Read 38048 times)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:40:27 PM

Maybe some day reliable brokers will accept deposits in bitcoins, so you could in some sense invest in for example the stock market using bitcoins.
https://1broker.com/

I said reliable, like Interactive Brokers. And there you can just buy CFD...
Fair enough. Try IG Index .... http://www.ig.com/uk/bitcoin-btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:31:11 AM

Maybe some day reliable brokers will accept deposits in bitcoins, so you could in some sense invest in for example the stock market using bitcoins.

Fair enough. Try IG Index .... http://www.ig.com/uk/bitcoin-btc

Is it possible to deposit bitcoin, exchange them for USD and then invest the USD in shares?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 08:15:55 PM

that is very true, there are risks of losing cash or Btc through scammers but that does not mean that we cannot invest. negative people have been there since history began, they are the reason that the security systems are put in place. or we need to do is be careful while dealing with people. the only rule that can always keep you safe is that " never trust anyone but yourself".  there are good people out there

You clearly aren't here since some years. Practically every bitcoiner was the way you are now. Until he learned better. When 95% of all investments, and that is no joke, turn out to be a scam, being hacked or run by inept businessmans then you need to be sceptic. Even the most promising and legit and official projects turned scam. NeoBee for example. Cyprus bitcoin bank. Very legit... until the owner scammed everyone.

Believe me, there is practically no early adopter who did not lose the majority, all or at least a huge part of his coins to scams. And they surely weren't dreamers. Spreading risk did not help either. Bitcoin area is simply very very dangerous. If you take this lightly then you will have to learn it the hard way. And that is a costly way.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 08:20:17 PM

Wanted to post the same. And yes 1broker is a great site. I can recommend it. They don't have all stocks but alot already and the fees are better than elsewhere in the real market.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 08:31:21 PM

As long as you don't hold the shares in your hands it shouldn't make a difference if you hold a CFD or a share at some brokers bank. You still have to trust the company that you own that share.

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:40:54 PM

that is very true, there are risks of losing cash or Btc through scammers but that does not mean that we cannot invest. negative people have been there since history began, they are the reason that the security systems are put in place. or we need to do is be careful while dealing with people. the only rule that can always keep you safe is that " never trust anyone but yourself".  there are good people out there

You clearly aren't here since some years. Practically every bitcoiner was the way you are now. Until he learned better. When 95% of all investments, and that is no joke, turn out to be a scam, being hacked or run by inept businessmans then you need to be sceptic. Even the most promising and legit and official projects turned scam. NeoBee for example. Cyprus bitcoin bank. Very legit... until the owner scammed everyone.

Believe me, there is practically no early adopter who did not lose the majority, all or at least a huge part of his coins to scams. And they surely weren't dreamers. Spreading risk did not help either. Bitcoin area is simply very very dangerous. If you take this lightly then you will have to learn it the hard way. And that is a costly way.

So so true. And you would think that such a high profile, very public, real bricks and mortar operation, like NeoBee, imploding like it did, would be all you'd need to know about the risks of this space.....but no.....the scams and gross incompetence still prevails.

Good luck finding the 5%, people.  
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 09:28:11 PM

So so true. And you would think that such a high profile, very public, real bricks and mortar operation, like NeoBee, imploding like it did, would be all you'd need to know about the risks of this space.....but no.....the scams and gross incompetence still prevails.

Not only that, it seems to be a trend that really small scammers crawl the forum like a pest. They probably are from less developed countries since they really are scamming for sums like $5. It's really funny, they do it like a work. Creating hundreds of accounts, posting, trying ideas to scam, they really put a lot of time into it.

It really is a pain to watch. At least i can stop scams from happening occassionally as escrow.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:36:52 AM

Not only that, it seems to be a trend that really small scammers crawl the forum like a pest. They probably are from less developed countries since they really are scamming for sums like $5. It's really funny, they do it like a work. Creating hundreds of accounts, posting, trying ideas to scam, they really put a lot of time into it.

It really is a pain to watch. At least i can stop scams from happening occassionally as escrow.

The cheapest scam I've seen around here was for literally $0.10. Yes, ten cents. And the person threw away a multi-month account to do it, too. I just... I don't get it. Really.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:45:40 AM

It all comes down to transparency. If you ask for income proof, mining address, photos, names and those are not provided, you simply pass on the offer. Do not feed the scammers.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:49:13 AM

I am not sure what you consider to be a good return, but I use bter.com as a small holding area for some coins and they return a 10% approx annual interest rate on the BTC balance.  Pretty much no better than a savings account.
PCos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Forex Account Manager

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:09:15 AM

Someone could vote tho this poll and give his contribute to the discussion?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1265146.0

Earn Bitcoin From Forex - Account Managing Service & Low Fee - PM me if interested
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:15:12 AM

It all comes down to transparency. If you ask for income proof, mining address, photos, names and those are not provided, you simply pass on the offer. Do not feed the scammers.
For loans, yes. But for assets/equities, you also need to be able to judge integrity and competency.
PCos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Forex Account Manager

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:19:54 AM

Well, in my opinion all depends by a lot of factor. But first, a good asset management is basically for each investments! All investmet could be good but Portfolio theory (modigliani & Miller) say that allow yor BTC in more investment help you to reduce risk and to increase profit. So all could be good: from loan to Forex.

Earn Bitcoin From Forex - Account Managing Service & Low Fee - PM me if interested
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:21:12 PM

I am not sure what you consider to be a good return, but I use bter.com as a small holding area for some coins and they return a 10% approx annual interest rate on the BTC balance.  Pretty much no better than a savings account.

That's a much better return than a savings account. And 10% is a solid return, that's fairly close to the historical returns of the S&P500. The only thing is storing funds with Bter is much riskier.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:43:34 PM

Hmm, TIL scammers that provide "transparency" aren't actually scammers. Despite stealing money. Thanks for the clarification!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:16:32 AM

Yes, I know this. An excellent opportunity. Halley BTC provides 17%. However, there s always that risk of being scammed. Chinese exchange and Chinese mining operation.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:17:34 AM

Yes, I know this. An excellent opportunity. Halley BTC provides 17%. However, there s always that risk of being scammed. Chinese exchange and Chinese mining operation.

I've never even heard of this one before... do you know how long they've been around? Or did you mean HaoBTC?

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:15:09 AM

I've never even heard of this one before... do you know how long they've been around? Or did you mean HaoBTC?

No, HaoBTC s lower interest. These guys have been around for about 4-5 months. I ve been using them for some time now and everything s fine, they have some promotion now.

HOWEVER, even if their business model is sustainable, this does not mean I recommend them. You ll just have to do a bit more digging and then decide.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:16:55 AM

Since bter.com got hacked it started with partnership with JUA fund management and started giving 10% on BTC holdings. I've ben using it since July I got a very nice sum considering I did nothing.
But I don't know how sustainable that is. It was a very risky investment!
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:40:48 AM

Here is something else I ve been playing with recetnly, a very interesting coin and a new asset. I am a bit time holder:

Ladies and gentleman I declare that the Legendary 10 auction is officially OPEN.

The main picture says it all.
This is an auction of Unique Crypto Assets that will come preloaded with a variety of benefits.
The whole reasoning and conditions are laid out on the auction pages.

Please visit the auction link for more information. -- https://bit.diamonds/auction.html

I'm sure there will be a lot of excitement so enjoy the ride!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: