Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH Collapsing Monero UP  (Read 40364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 03:33:18 PM

profound...

Hey - don't overstretch yourself.

There's a long day ahead  Wink

Maybe you can start your day with answering these straight forward questions:

--If the instamine doesn't matter to potential investors, why does your ANN say, "Dash has no premine and was fairly and transparently launched" The difference between an instamine to someone trying to avoid a premine is similar to the difference of someone trying to avoid simple carbs, but thinking that the manufacturer includes high fructose corn syrup when they list the product as sugar-free. It's greasy advertising at best, and a bait and switch at worst.

--Why do you use x11 as an algo when experts (actual crytographers) agree that every algo you add weakens the whole?

--Why should we trust Evan to get privacy at the protocol level correct, when he either botched the launch or lied?

--Why is there no peer review of Evan's plans for evolution? My guess is he wants to keep moving the target before his ineptitude is realized by the seemingly cultish dash community.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:51:33 PM

People are righteously affraid because Ewan can decide anytime to get out and become ultra-rich. That instamine "glitch" is costing and gonna cost Dash in the future, by now, because of the best fundamentals among other coins, it should've replaced Litecoin, but it's not happening and the big question is if it will. Thing is, and maybe it sounds insane, but if Ewan destroyed most of his stash, that would launch Dash to like 100-200x the price now. Maybe a smart move to do - that would end this "instamine" drama once and forever.

The problem with your idea is Evan does not have a huge stash to destroy. There were a lot of coins mined by whoever was there mining they did not go to him in particular, just a portion. The largest holders are all investors that bought in exchanges.

please provide proof!

i dont believe that for a second... i was there in the first minutes of xcoin and saw the chaos.
it was not easy (nearly impossible) to mine it.
i know that he mined it and had thousands of coins shortly after launch.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:54:01 PM

Everyone who mined had thousands of coins shortly after launch.

And everyone who bothered paying 0.1 BTC for them in the first weeks also got thousands of coins.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 03:56:49 PM

--Why do you use x11 as an algo when experts (actual crytographers) agree that every algo you add weakens the whole?

If a weakness is found in one of the algos it can simply be removed, enter X10.

Wrong. courtesy of anonymint/tptb_need_war:

"If any one of the hashes in the chain of 11 hashes has a lower entropy then the entire chain does. Say you found this vulnerability and didn't announce it. Instead you could use it to amplify your hashrate. With that you could take unfair levels of mining rewards, or potentially launch double-spend attacks.

Fixing it after the fact also probably means the inability to unwind the damage already done if it had gone on a long time undetected.

So 11 hashes is 11 times more likely to have a vulnerability than 1 hash."

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:14:52 PM

And everyone who bothered paying 0.1 BTC for them in the first weeks also got thousands of coins.

i only know that he has thousands. he may have more...
the instamine was very huge.

but i see: you have no proof that evan hasnt much coins ;-)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:45:51 PM

Dealing in facts has not been their strong point for some time.

Saying things like "Evan doesn't have lots of Dash"

and

"If you want to know about Evolution go read up about it".....with no link to white paper nor peer review....just vaporware and claims based on what evan has SAID, not on what evan has DONE.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 09:43:36 PM

In self-moderated threads, Deleted posts are usually the most useful ones.

And so are the questions that go ignored.  Wink

profound...

Hey - don't overstretch yourself.

There's a long day ahead  Wink

Maybe you can start your day with answering these straight forward questions:

--If the instamine doesn't matter to potential investors, why does your ANN say, "Dash has no premine and was fairly and transparently launched" The difference between an instamine to someone trying to avoid a premine is similar to the difference of someone trying to avoid simple carbs, but thinking that the manufacturer includes high fructose corn syrup when they list the product as sugar-free. It's greasy advertising at best, and a bait and switch at worst.

--Why should we trust Evan to get privacy at the protocol level correct, when he either botched the launch or lied?

--Why is there no peer review of Evan's plans for evolution? My guess is he wants to keep moving the target before his ineptitude is realized by the seemingly cultish dash community.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

100% pure bullshit.

Still waiting Minotaur. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1220204

How is it that you can sell coins OTC while Evan advertises that he's buying on exchanges? Did you contact designerusa to apologize and reimburse him for the terrible trading advice you gave him? Are you even licensed to give trading advice?  Roll Eyes
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:34:02 PM

try hundreds of thousands. remember that 500,000 DASH were mined in the first 1 hour alone. 1.5 million in the first 8 hours. The vast majority of that was "Evan and friends"
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 10:34:20 PM

the questions that go ignored.  Wink

--Why is there no peer review of Evan's plans for evolution?

Will the whitepaper(s) provide guidance on these important, yet heretofore unanswered, questions?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:40:25 PM

People are righteously affraid because Ewan can decide anytime to get out and become ultra-rich. That instamine "glitch" is costing and gonna cost Dash in the future, by now, because of the best fundamentals among other coins, it should've replaced Litecoin, but it's not happening and the big question is if it will. Thing is, and maybe it sounds insane, but if Ewan destroyed most of his stash, that would launch Dash to like 100-200x the price now. Maybe a smart move to do - that would end this "instamine" drama once and forever.

The problem with your idea is Evan does not have a huge stash to destroy. There were a lot of coins mined by whoever was there mining they did not go to him in particular, just a portion. The largest holders are all investors that bought in exchanges.

LOL @ THIS:

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:32:13 PM

I am a paid shill? Prove it.

For a guy who claims to have lost his wallets and therefore has no current holdings in dash, you are doing a lot of prove it talk.

You lost your wallets? Prove it. Because the tone and amount of post you do defending dash makes it seem like you are still holding a lot of dash.

And this coming from a guy who claims to troll DASH only for altruistic reasons himself. I guess the same applies to you:

What you hope is DASH to go away so your Monero bags could go to m0000n.

I hold monero (as well as aeon) and never claimed my reasons for criticizing dash were wholly altruistic. But if the the criticism fits, you wear it whether it is coming from a saint or a sinner.

Now how about that proof of losing your wallets? Also, how would dash's market cap equal a moon shot--a moonshot is billions beyond where Bitcoin currently is. So we should be criticizing Bitcoin for its lack of fungibility in moneroland (which we do) and digital fiat for its lack of privacy (which everyone does). Criticism are either valid, invalid or opinion and dash's instamine is valid, x11's weakness as an algo is valid, and darksend's second rate privacy is valid as attested by Evan himself (finally).

It's not possible to prove the loss of something digital. Aside from that, that looks like pretty classic trolling; he didn't really lose his wallet(s), guys.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:11:17 AM

So much trolling going on, as always
But regarding the thread title, the charts speak :
DASH is starting to go up and up, while monero not sure where it's going.
Expecting dash back to 0.008++ by the weekend.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:15:30 AM

So much trolling going on, as always
But regarding the thread title, the charts speak :
DASH is starting to go up and up, while monero not sure where it's going.
Expecting dash to 0.008++ by the weekend.

It takes a keen eye to sift through all the shit being thrown by the dash-peeps and people who are calling out their shady actions.

Lots of facts have been presented from one side and the other side likes to just ignore the facts and tough questions and then sling shit at those tho ask the questions.

Childish tactics.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:37:40 AM

Dash and Monero are down right now. Maybe we should blame Bitcoin for the price slump.
illodin

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:59:19 AM

Looks like back then DASH was $2.76 a piece, and today it's down 15% from that. I've seen worse. Actually if he had sold a few weeks after he would've gotten 15% profits! If you hold any asset long enough it's likely at some point it's going to be lower than you bought.

On the other hand, I just checked coinmarketcap, and it looks like Monero has been in descent its whole existence $2.50 => $0.42.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:25:10 AM

Where are you getting the $2.50 figure for Monero?
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:00:58 PM

Looks like back then DASH was $2.76 a piece, and today it's down 15% from that. I've seen worse. Actually if he had sold a few weeks after he would've gotten 15% profits! If you hold any asset long enough it's likely at some point it's going to be lower than you bought.

On the other hand, I just checked coinmarketcap, and it looks like Monero has been in descent its whole existence $2.50 => $0.42.

By the way spinmaster illodin, the scandalous part isn't just that the price is lower than it was before. It's that a DASH core team member Minotaur26 is blatently promoting unlicensed securities (his own shitcoin), and dispensing trading/investment advice. Conflict of interest much?  Roll Eyes

I hope Minotaur seeks legal counsel if he hasn't already.

illodin

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:10:01 PM

By the way spinmaster illodin, the scandalous part isn't just that the price is lower than it was before. It's that a DASH core team member Minotaur26 is blatently promoting unlicensed securities (his own shitcoin), and dispensing trading/investment advice. Conflict of interest much?  Roll Eyes

What a scandal indeed, never seen before behaviour! Did you arrive here yesterday?

Btw you don't want to throw rocks when living in a glass house.

I hope

What you hope is DASH to go away so your Monero bags could go to m0000n.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:27:49 PM

It has been seen before.. on countless other pump and dump shitcoins. Thanks for confirming DASH is no better.

Still waiting on where you got that $2.50 figure for Monero. Seems you just make shit up then ignore whatever inconvenient questions arise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: