Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:18:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info wallet on iOS - install it now!  (Read 6313 times)
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:37:54 PM

Is the wallet app still available on Apple's official app store and still fully functional (able to send and receive coins)? Can someone with an iPhone please confirm?

Is Apple changing its tune? Was (re)allowing the fully-functional app a mistake? Will Apple's mobile payment platform, Passport, due with iOS5 officially support Bitcoin? </rampant_speculation>

There is a bet on this exact topic: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=562

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 08:39:44 PM

Woohoo I'm rich!!! 

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
vinny

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:07:02 PM

Blockchain It works on my iPhone 4S. No jailbreak required, I got it from the App Store.

There were only two tricky parts:
 - the QR code you need to link to your blockchain.info account is under My Wallet> Account Settings > Devices on their website.
 - the Captcha image is very easy to read and type. Just ignore the little squiggles at the front of the ascii characters - only type what looks like letters/numbers.

I've already confirmed it allows money to pass into the wallet, and out. QR code functionality also work.

--V
Marco Polo

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:32:58 PM

Just want to say that the blockchain.info services kick ass. Definitely the best bitcoin related services out there (imho).

davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 09:23:32 PM

I just downloaded it on my iphone 5 and it works great - not full screen but scans codes- send and receives just fine
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:36:48 PM

here is a video of the blockchain iOS app making a purchase from a website

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rcUSyEjfVc

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:20:06 AM

I just downloaded it on my iphone 5 and it works great - not full screen but scans codes- send and receives just fine

You should check out http://instawallet.org, cause they allow you to add a bitcoin address to your passbook app, and it updates the balance automatically and it really cool.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 02:00:35 PM

You should check out http://instawallet.org, cause they allow you to add a bitcoin address to your passbook app, and it updates the balance automatically and it really cool.

Please provide more information on how to add a Bitcoin address to passbook.

Thanks!

fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 02:08:45 PM

You guys should put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting Bitcoin blocking Apple. Buy some Bitcoin loving Android phone.
Except then I would have an android phone.
Wich would be a good thing actually
Unfortunately in the head of those disciples the Apple religion is stronger than (Bitcoin) freedom.
So I can't have free choice and choose apple?  If I choose apple then I am a zelot?  The only true choice is android?  Doesn't sound much like free will to me.
No you got it wrong. If you choose apple, you also choose not to have a Bitcoin client. So you can choose between apple and Bitcoin. So don't complain once your choice was apple.

Apple and their walled garden system is the same as central banks and fiat. Looks great from a distance, has some (not so) hidden drawbacks. People got so used to fiat and to be governed by apple that they have a hard time to get into Bitcoin and free open source smartphones.

This topic is old, but I'm so confused by this... I have an iPad 3 and a iPhone 4, both running iOS6, neither is "jail broken", and both download and run the blockchain.info app/wallet with no problems at all.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 02:11:50 PM

Just open instawallet.org in Safari on an iOS 6 device.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:14:32 PM

Just open instawallet.org in Safari on an iOS 6 device.

Then click "add to passbook" button and it is that simple
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:34:34 PM

Just want to say that the blockchain.info services kick ass. Definitely the best bitcoin related services out there (imho).

Yep, blockchain.info is hands down THE most secure and functional online wallet. I trust my coins with it entirely.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:20:13 PM

Yep, blockchain.info is hands down THE most secure and functional online wallet. I trust my coins with it entirely.
Agreed.  Infact I just switched back as my main storage as it is the easiest option with the greatest security for my needs.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: