Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:26:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: negative trust  (Read 1948 times)
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 03:29:04 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 03:40:20 PM by EcuaMobi

There has so be a reason for the negative trust he gave me. He might be giving negative feedbacks hoping to get btc in reward to remove it which is scamming. I'm just assuming as much as he is assuming. If someone gives me a negative feedback for something I didn't do I have to give a negative feedback back, sounds logic to me... giving a false feedback is not legit

and what he said is not right, I don't and nobody controls the wallet he's talking about and you can check this wallet for the rest of your life in the blockchain...

I just read this thread now, OP and I already reached an agreement via PM (see below).

leen93, you have had a scammy behavior and you've falsely accused me of several things and you dare  complaining?! How do you dare accusing me of leaving false negative feedback and asking for BTC to remove it when you know that's not true and you're the one who blackmailed me to try to get my feedback removed?!

Just for the sake of clarity this is what happened:
  • leen93 started a thread asking people to send BTC to an address he created to destroy those coins and "have a positive impact on the price". Instead of using a proven destroy address he asked users to send to an address of his, claiming he intentionally lost the private key. I personally don't believe him, I honestly think he was trying to grab those coins, however I'm not 100% sure. Link, see my quote as the original OP is now edited under my request, see below.
  • Because of this I left a feedback in leen93's profile. Because I'm not 100% sure I left just a neutral feedback, not negative.
  • leen93 sent me a PM (pmsg=3545820) blackmailing me, telling me that he will leave a lie in my profile, literally he wrote "a lie on my trust page is a lie on yours"
  • He left a negative trust in my profile with one word "Scammer" falsely claiming I scammed for 10 BTC (as "Risked BTC").
  • Of course I didn't agree to his blackmail. I left a negative feedback in his profile because of his misuse of the trust system. I'm 100% sure he misused it so my feedback was negative, not neutral.
  • He insisted me to remove the feedback I left in his profile and he threatened me to "inform other people of this behaviour" (pmsg=3549066), so I sent him this PM:
    My first feedback was only neutral because your behavior was fishy. Do you honestly think it's not fishy to ask people to send coins to an address you can't prove is a destroy address when it's easy to do so? And then you leave a "scammer" feedback in my profile which you know is a pure lie. I'm sure you'll get your own profile completely destroyed if you take this to other people. Do so if you want to, by all means.

I propose you to edit your post where you ask people to send coins to that address and replace it by a burn address (available in your own thread commented by others) and explicitly say people not to send to the address you posted before. Then lock the thread. That would clear your first scammy behavior.

Then remove the lie you posted about me. That would clear your trust misuse behavior.

If you do that I will remove my honest feedback I left in your profile and will continue checking your posts. Just don't do anything fishy and you won't get negative feedback.

• He agreed and he modified his thread (fixing his original fishy behavior) and he removed the false feedback he left in my profile (fixing his trust abuse). So I removed my feedback bacause I no longer think his thread could cause people to lose their coins and I no longer consider he abused the trust system.
I have a clear conscience that what I did was completely correct.

Finally for those wondering, I'm on levels 3 and 4 of default trust, but not on level 2 (set by default). So by default my feedback won't affect a user's trust, however it does for people who increased the trust depth (or added me explicitly).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:32:10 PM

There has so be a reason for the negative trust he gave me. He might be giving negative feedbacks hoping to get btc in reward to remove it which is scamming. I'm just assuming as much as he is assuming. If someone gives me a negative feedback for something I didn't do I have to give a negative feedback back, sounds logic to me... giving a false feedback is not legit

and what he said is not right, I don't and nobody controls the wallet he's talking about and you can check this wallet for the rest of your life in the blockchain...

I just read this thread now, OP and I already reached an agreement via PM (see below).

leen93, you have had a scammy behavior and you've falsely accused me of several things and you dear complaining?! How do you dear accusing me of leaving false negative feedback and asking for BTC to remove it when you know that's not true and you're the one who blackmailed me to try to get my feedback removed?!

Just for the sake of clarity this is what happened:
  • leen93 started a thread asking people to send BTC to an address he created to destroy those coins and "have a positive impact on the price". Instead of using a proven destroy address he asked users to send to an address of his, claiming he intentionally lost the private key. I personally don't believe him, I honestly think he was trying to grab those coins, however I'm not 100% sure. Link, see my quote as the original OP is now edited under my request, see below.
  • Because of this I left a feedback in leen93's profile. Because I'm not 100% sure I left just a neutral feedback, not negative.
  • leen93 sent me a PM (pmsg=3545820) blackmailing me, telling me that he will leave a lie in my profile, literally he wrote "a lie on my trust page is a lie on yours"
  • He left a negative trust in my profile with one word "Scammer" falsely claiming I scammed for 10 BTC (as "Risked BTC").
  • Of course I didn't agree to his blackmail. I left a negative feedback in his profile because of his misuse of the trust system. I'm 100% sure he misused it so my feedback was negative, not neutral.
  • He insisted me to remove the feedback I left in his profile and he threatened me to "inform other people of this behaviour" (pmsg=3549066), so I sent him this PM:
    My first feedback was only neutral because your behavior was fishy. Do you honestly think it's not fishy to ask people to send coins to an address you can't prove is a destroy address when it's easy to do so? And then you leave a "scammer" feedback in my profile which you know is a pure lie. I'm sure you'll get your own profile completely destroyed if you take this to other people. Do so if you want to, by all means.

I propose you to edit your post where you ask people to send coins to that address and replace it by a burn address (available in your own thread commented by others) and explicitly say people not to send to the address you posted before. Then lock the thread. That would clear your first scammy behavior.

Then remove the lie you posted about me. That would clear your trust misuse behavior.

If you do that I will remove my honest feedback I left in your profile and will continue checking your posts. Just don't do anything fishy and you won't get negative feedback.

• He agreed and he modified his thread (fixing his original fishy behavior) and he removed the false feedback he left in my profile (fixing his trust abuse). So I removed my feedback bacause I no longer think his thread could cause people to lose their coins and I no longer consider he abused the trust system.
I have a clear conscience that what I did was completely correct.

Finally for those wondering, I'm on levels 3 and 4 of default trust, but not on level 2 (set by default). So by default my feedback won't affect a user's trust, however it does for people who increased the trust depth (or added me explicitly).

So, the whole story comes out.  Smiley

Still, I'm glad everything was resolved amicably in this case.  Although, I think that leet got off easily given the blackmail attempt and whatnot.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 05:55:39 PM

What can i do if someone (EcuaMobi and grtthegreat) gives me a negative feedback for no reason and mentioning lies within the feedback?

You cant ask to admin for your trust, you must talk to who give you neg trust, like my case. I was hacked by f*cking candystripes and one of them who give me neg trust removed the neg trust because i explain the details and he's believe me with some proof i give, but one of them still can't believe me. The best way is talk to them and explain the details, give them proof.
Edited: looks like the case is clear. Glad to see Cheesy

~iki
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 06:34:36 PM

i don't see any negative trust from default trust user on your profile
they are untrusted ratings

Available
PM me to rent this space.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:38:27 PM

He had negative trust fro running a ponzi, for some reason they removed it and made it neutral instead.
Hopefully he won't run any more ponzis and he won't annoy the trusted members into giving him negative trust!
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:23:13 PM

He had negative trust fro running a ponzi, for some reason they removed it and made it neutral instead.
Hopefully he won't run any more ponzis and he won't annoy the trusted members into giving him negative trust!

Actually, it wasn't a ponzi.  It was that he was offering to destroy bitcoins by telling people to send them to an address which may or may not have actually been a bitcoin eater address.  This is what ecua.mobi just explained upthread.  I saw nothing regarding ponzis.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 08:28:24 PM

Actually, it wasn't a ponzi.  It was that he was offering to destroy bitcoins by telling people to send them to an address which may or may not have actually been a bitcoin eater address.  This is what ecua.mobi just explained upthread.  I saw nothing regarding ponzis.

Actually it was both. If you see OP's trust you can see he run a ponzi months ago. Then he did what I posted above. That wasn't his first scammy behavior.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:41:51 PM

Actually it was both. If you see OP's trust you can see he run a ponzi months ago. Then he did what I posted above. That wasn't his first scammy behavior.

Aha, it does seem like he's gotten off easy on this one.  I apologize for missing that and thanks for setting the record straight.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:04:56 PM

As long as trading accounts is allowed and that is not reflected in the trust ratings, the trust rating itself is of little value.
Default trust users may have already sold their account to someone else, who is not that trustworthy any more.
I have raised this point several times already, yet seems nobody is interested in improving the current trust ranking system.

this space is intentionally left blank
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:50:47 PM

As long as trading accounts is allowed and that is not reflected in the trust ratings, the trust rating itself is of little value.
Default trust users may have already sold their account to someone else, who is not that trustworthy any more.
I have raised this point several times already, yet seems nobody is interested in improving the current trust ranking system.

Indeed, although there are folks who keep a close eye on the "password recently changed" status and let everyone know if it seems that an important account could have been hacked/sold.  However, this is just a clue, so I think your point stands.
toytoboy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:08:25 AM

i am newbie . i really don't understand how to assess trust level. Please help me !

Thanks !
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:02:27 PM

i am newbie . i really don't understand how to assess trust level. Please help me !

Thanks !

Here is the main thread discussing the trust system:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0

Essentially, it's a feedback network.  The ratings you see are reflective of feedback from folks in your network.  You can modify who is in your network and you start out with some default settings.  This should get you started.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 06:17:07 AM

If someone in the default trust abuses the trust, they would get removed immediately.

Unless your name is Vod, or one of a handful of other buddies that get constant passes.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:29:04 AM

If someone in the default trust abuses the trust, they would get removed immediately.

Unless your name is Vod, or one of a handful of other buddies that get constant passes.

If Vod really abused the trust system I think he would have already been removed from the defaultTrust list, but it seems this is not the case.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:17:13 PM

If Vod really abused the trust system I think he would have already been removed from the defaultTrust list, but it seems this is not the case.

What counts as "abuse" is subjective.  Furthermore the mods make it explicit that "trust is not moderated".  This has to be taken with the grain of salt that everyone who doesn't look into how the trust system works is going to get the default trust settings.  For those who don't agree with Vod, just remove him from your trust list:  "~Vod".
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:46:55 PM

What counts as "abuse" is subjective.  Furthermore the mods make it explicit that "trust is not moderated".  This has to be taken with the grain of salt that everyone who doesn't look into how the trust system works is going to get the default trust settings.  For those who don't agree with Vod, just remove him from your trust list:  "~Vod".

As I said in the past:

Stop all these bullshit, if you don't trust Vod then put before his name "~" and stop to post and post again in this thread. Totally bullshit, you are acting like kids (not you Vod, I am talking about the OP and the numerous topics in the forum).

The real cancer aren't who is in the default trust, but the scammer and dishonest person. They should get fu*k out from this forum, because bitcoin is not for them. TECSHARE if you don't trust him put '~' before his username , simple ?

Excluding him from my trust does not remove his fraudulent rating from my trust page, nor does it check his abusive behavior using his position on the default trust. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915823.0

The trust system is not moderated at 99% see TECSHARE CanaryInTheMine, TheButterZone etc.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:39:06 PM

You cant really do anything about it, look at my trust.
I discovered many scammers on this forum, and they tried to leave me negative feedback too.
On a simple check, who wants to check your trust, they will see your negative trust is fake.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: