Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:18:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095077 times)
JessF-38

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:47:58 PM

I don't care what I get labeled...  I'm interested in seeing what happens to this guy who's trying to launch himself.  Regardless of what he finds, I give him credit for tryng to find the truth out for himself.  That's never a waste of time.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:24:41 AM

I don't care what I get labeled...  I'm interested in seeing what happens to this guy who's trying to launch himself.  Regardless of what he finds, I give him credit for tryng to find the truth out for himself.  That's never a waste of time.

Dude it going to go only a mile up in a steam-powered rocket having a design not based on gravity equations. Once he reaches the max height, he's gonna look at the rocket window and snap pics of the flat horizon. Then the rocket will descend, whereupon it'll finally hit him - WTF! I forget about exiting this bitch.

Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure I could accomplish the exact same task (results may defer) from a hovering open-cabin helicopter at two miles high, twice his projected distance - and I'll have landing the bitch covered.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:48:03 AM

Before science discovered that earth is round the ancient text and other religious belief pointed that earth is flat..

Actually the science says it's flat, the globe is forced pseudoscience.

Which science? The one in your head? Do an experiment and ask as many real scientists as possible, no matter their expertise. Ask them if the earth is flat or not and write their answers.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:32:39 PM

Before science discovered that earth is round the ancient text and other religious belief pointed that earth is flat..

Which science? The one in your head? Do an experiment and ask as many (((real scientists))) as possible, no matter their expertise. Ask them if the earth is flat or not and write their answers.

intisorakbar

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:57:42 PM

How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

https://i.imgur.com/O8IpMmi.jpg

if the is earth, you able to see mt. Everest from your house bcouse there is no horozon, so NO the earth is not flat.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:53:24 PM

^^^ Thank you for sharing your (((scientific knowledge))) of how perspective works on a flat plane.

Who could possibly be responsible for instilling such great knowledge?
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:53:35 PM

Recently there has been a lot of skeptics about the earth being round and more and more people are actually believing that the earth is actually round, the best way to disprove this is to take one of these people to space so that they can tell us what they saw. Its hard to believe anything we see evidence to the contrary.
Astargath

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

Which science? The one in your head? Do an experiment and ask as many (((real scientists))) as possible, no matter their expertise. Ask them if the earth is flat or not and write their answers.

Yes, real, not the ones you find on youtube, you know people with a degree. Go ask people with a degree in science if it's easier for you, simple experiment. You will find out that 99.9% of them ''believe'' the earth is round.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
hippygreen

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:52:12 PM

Yes, real, not the ones you find on youtube, you know people with a degree. Go ask people with a degree in science if it's easier for you, simple experiment. You will find out that 99.9% of them ''believe'' the earth is round.

I once asked a long time, close friend who is "with a degree".  He's very respected and known in his circle, and has quite a few degrees.  When we sat down, after many hours at looking at this and that, going back and forth, my friend walked out, in tears.  In one night, he had realized that all of his "teachings" and "degrees" lacked to show him true proof...  everything he thought he knew, wasn't what it seemed....     

just saying, even those "with degrees" can have their eyes opened...

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Astargath

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:27:41 PM

I once asked a long time, close friend who is "with a degree".  He's very respected and known in his circle, and has quite a few degrees.  When we sat down, after many hours at looking at this and that, going back and forth, my friend walked out, in tears.  In one night, he had realized that all of his "teachings" and "degrees" lacked to show him true proof...  everything he thought he knew, wasn't what it seemed....     

Allegedly by you a random guy on the internet. Yes I agree, some of them might be as stupid as flat earthers but I can guarantee you that 99.99% of them don't believe the earth is flat.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
unhlcvlt

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:13:56 PM

If someone believes that the earth is flat - I advise this person to sit in a balloon and see what happens.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:26:45 PM

If someone believes that the earth is flat - I advise this person to sit in a balloon and see what happens.

You'll find the flattards don't want to be proven wrong.  They prefer ignorance.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Willful_Grok

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:16:42 PM

A lot of it comes down to mathematics.  Yet there are people who want to see for themselves -- there is a guy trying to fly over the Mojave Desert to try to see for his own eyes if the earth is round.

///***********DaiWare   - A Leader in Artificial Intelligence Predictive Analysis********///
*********************DAIWARE*******************
///____DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY IN DIGITAL HEALTH ANALYTICS____///
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:43:58 PM

Looks like he is giving up...

https://www.scpr.org/news/2017/11/26/78153/man-who-thinks-the-earth-is-flat-delays-launching/

"It appears we will need to wait a while longer to find out whether more than two millennia of thinkers and explorers — from Aristotle and Ferdinand Magellan, to Neil deGrasse Tyson and John Glenn — have been wrong about the shape of the Earth.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, limousine driver and self-proclaimed flat-Earther, announced that he had to delay his plan to launch himself 1,800 feet high in a rocket of his own making. The launch, which he has billed as a crucial first step toward ultimately photographing our disc-world from space, had been scheduled for Saturday — before the Bureau of Land Management got wind of the plan and barred him from using public land in Amboy, Calif.

Also, the rocket launcher he had built out of a used motor home "broke down in the driveway" on Wednesday, according to Hughes. He said in a YouTube announcement that they'd eventually gotten the launcher fixed — but the small matter of federal permission proved a more serious stumbling block (for now)."
Astargath

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:41:14 PM

https://www.scpr.org/news/2017/11/26/78153/man-who-thinks-the-earth-is-flat-delays-launching/

"It appears we will need to wait a while longer to find out whether more than two millennia of thinkers and explorers — from Aristotle and Ferdinand Magellan, to Neil deGrasse Tyson and John Glenn — have been wrong about the shape of the Earth.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, limousine driver and self-proclaimed flat-Earther, announced that he had to delay his plan to launch himself 1,800 feet high in a rocket of his own making. The launch, which he has billed as a crucial first step toward ultimately photographing our disc-world from space, had been scheduled for Saturday — before the Bureau of Land Management got wind of the plan and barred him from using public land in Amboy, Calif.

Also, the rocket launcher he had built out of a used motor home "broke down in the driveway" on Wednesday, according to Hughes. He said in a YouTube announcement that they'd eventually gotten the launcher fixed — but the small matter of federal permission proved a more serious stumbling block (for now)."

Dude, this guy is going to die doing this stupid shit, if he is actually for real because he looks like a troll. Although it's kind of hard to differentiate trolls from flat earthers to be honest. Flat earthers always say, photos and videos are fake and even livestreams of earth are fake, why should we believe, then, what this guy is going to broadcast?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:01:46 PM

Dude, this guy is going to die doing this stupid shit, if he is actually for real because he looks like a troll. Although it's kind of hard to differentiate trolls from flat earthers to be honest. Flat earthers always say, photos and videos are fake and even livestreams of earth are fake, why should we believe, then, what this guy is going to broadcast?
The launch won't happen.. at all...
lemonduk

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:40:17 PM

The evidence supporting a flat, stationary world is overwhelming and growing daily. Go pro sponsored just about ever thing taking a camera to high attitude, but the fish eye lens had its days too.
hemakira

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:41:13 PM

I cant watch videos :/
accountuks

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:41:22 PM

No, I don't want a complete explanation for gravity. I just want to know why gravity acts in the same way all over the Earth, i.e. why does everything fall straight down anywhere on the planet.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:55:30 PM

Jenny, do you by chance live in Utah? I might know your dad if you do.

https://twitter.com/GreenGrassJenny
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: