Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:10:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September  (Read 53357 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 04:50:12 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 05:07:24 PM by paraipan

Wow is this thread still going on?

Someone in the first 10 pages got really close

Anyways, we are not long until the announcement.

Hmm, I trust you guys, allot, but you statements about an alleged announcement, about the whole project, that you know about and the whole community doesn't have a clue, is rather suspicious for me. So you better say it out loud or STFU

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:04:19 PM

I don't understand what the wait is for. Is there some special event for it or something? Doesn't make much sense to me personally.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:06:38 PM

bitcoinwireless?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:43:51 PM

The earlier hints in this thread pointed towards something government-related.
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:57:09 PM

You'd think a government would announce something like that. And any change in the law would require an act of congress or the supreme court...I doubt Uncle Sam is ever going to be happy about Bitcoin unless they can control it. Will we see a fork for UncleSamCoins? I doubt that too. Is Uncle Sam gonna allow banks to hold Bitcoin as currency for meeting reserve requirements? I doubt it.

But now I really am curious...

Me too. "Absorbing" bitcoins would be the same as the Borg in the Star Trek series.  Smiley Assimilated. But.. I could be wrong. Its quite the suspense story.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:49:02 PM

Hmm, I trust you guys, allot, but you statements about an alleged announcement, about the whole project, that you know about and the whole community doesn't have a clue, is rather suspicious for me. So you better say it out loud or STFU

You are 100% right. I'm not to familiar with the matter, but all I know is Gavin should not have leaked that.

I'm no one to talk, since my last leak cause massive worldwide panic.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 07:15:37 PM

You are 100% right. I'm not to familiar with the matter, but all I know is Gavin should not have leaked that.

Great, now that is a proper answer

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:45:11 PM

Nothing creates stability like a giant surprise.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:00:59 PM

… well, if the surprise is indefinite vapor ware, it can keep people entertained.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:23:07 PM

Saxobank offering BTC accounts?

ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:24:08 PM

Pirate is goInc to pay back??!!?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 12:18:49 AM

Saxobank offering BTC accounts?
??

ɃɃ
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:33:17 AM

dubious!
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 12:48:23 AM

+1

I am looking forward to the announcement. A little misstep here and there is fine by me...since when did we come to expect our revolutions to run smoothly?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:06:18 AM

So you tried to teach the entire community a lesson at the expense of your own credibility?
I dont know whether I should be amazed or sorry for ya.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:12:16 AM

So you tried to teach the entire community a lesson at the expense of your own credibility?
I dont know whether I should be amazed or sorry for ya.
That's the crazy thing about this game. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next! How do you know when to announce something when the industry in general announces sometimes more than a year in advance and then keeps pushing back release dates? Things seem to be moving slow, but really they are developing pretty fast.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:48:25 AM

I don't understand what the wait is for. Is there some special event for it or something? Doesn't make much sense to me personally.

Hopefully they're not going to planning to announce it at the London Conference.  The devs specifically chose to disconnect the forums from the Bitcoin Project in an attempt to keep the Project itself neutral and professional.  They can't maintain any appearance of neutrality if they make major announcements at an event being organised by shonky operators whose behaviour calls Bitcoin into disrepute.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ObviousSock

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:52:30 AM

Hopefully they're not going to planning to announce it at the London Conference.  The devs specifically chose to disconnect the forums from the Bitcoin Project in an attempt to keep the Project itself neutral and professional.  They can't maintain any appearance of neutrality if they make major announcements at an event being organised by shonky operators whose behaviour calls Bitcoin into disrepute.
Isn't Genjix putting on the london conference?

You are right, that would be very bad.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:56:37 AM

No.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:57:05 AM

September annoucement:

Bitcoin IPO!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: