Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GMC] GameCredits • A Multi-Platform Gaming Currency [GMC]  (Read 188338 times)
SpAcEDeViL
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1027

Miner-Control.de Pooler

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 09:07:28 PM

unfortunately, that's the original repo. We don't have access to it, and rather sporadic contact with one of the devs. I'll try to get them to point it towards the newest repo, which is here:

https://github.com/gamecredits-project/GameCredits

Sorry about the confusion.

ok... but now i have a new error....

i use CentOS and the makefile.unix is missing.

and with autogen.sh and configure i become the error
Code:
configure: error: libdb_cxx headers missing

But i have it on my system.
Code:
locate libdb_cxx
/usr/lib64/libdb_cxx-4.7.so
/usr/lib64/libdb_cxx.so

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:18:20 PM

unfortunately, that's the original repo. We don't have access to it, and rather sporadic contact with one of the devs. I'll try to get them to point it towards the newest repo, which is here:

https://github.com/gamecredits-project/GameCredits

Sorry about the confusion.

ok... but now i have a new error....

i use CentOS and the makefile.unix is missing.

and with autogen.sh and configure i become the error
Code:
configure: error: libdb_cxx headers missing

But i have it on my system.
Code:
locate libdb_cxx
/usr/lib64/libdb_cxx-4.7.so
/usr/lib64/libdb_cxx.so

You need bitcoin ppa, and llibdb 4.8. Just like Bitcoin core. Wait, Centos... Not familiar, but it's RPM based, right? Not sure the procedure for adding the bitcoin version of Berkeley db to that. Anyone else can help the man out?
SpAcEDeViL
Legendary

Miner-Control.de Pooler

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 09:23:00 PM

Or if you have a binary file from gamecreditsd for linux.

For bitcoind i can download it from the main site.... Wink

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:23:56 PM

noise23 was workin' on that. I'll check.
Bumblez

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:24:24 AM

Use qt creator.  The second link is in testing stage and not recommended to use.  I wouldn't touch it.  If you need the rpm for the berkley db http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/server/db.html   

qt creator should be able to build it for you on any linux distro. 
SpAcEDeViL
Legendary

Miner-Control.de Pooler

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 04:22:14 PM

Install qt creator,
clone with git, failed
create new, kit request, (what a kit? No Kit found, cannot select any kit) cannot create qt....
uninstall.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:05:21 PM

Install qt creator,
clone with git, failed
create new, kit request, (what a kit? No Kit found, cannot select any kit) cannot create qt....
uninstall.

To be honest, I always compile my own wallets, and rarely have had a problem. this one usually compiles in around ten minutes. I personally don't know how to use the QT creator thing, but I might give it a shot later in the day. Meantime, I'll try to find someone who can help you. I want things to be perfect, we have a long way to go.
Bumblez

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:49:21 PM

Install qt creator,
clone with git, failed
uninstall.

download the zip.  open qt creator.  go to open file, choose the qt.pro file.  then when it opens, build.  The kits are the compilers you choose to use to build your programs.  I assume your using gcc.  It tells you at the bottom what your supposed to do.  With red thingys for errors.  All gui is based off qt widget tech for linux.  You should learn to use it.  For gui stuffs anyway. 
GMC Foundation (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

Our Facebook giveaway is still open! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/gamecredits.gmc

sawa
Legendary

Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

p2pool source:
~/p2pool-rav/p2pool/bitcoin/networks/gamecredits.py
Code:
import os
import platform

from twisted.internet import defer

from .. import data, helper
from p2pool.util import pack

P2P_PREFIX = 'fbc0b6db'.decode('hex')
P2P_PORT = 40001
ADDRESS_VERSION = 38
RPC_PORT = 40002
RPC_CHECK = defer.inlineCallbacks(lambda bitcoind: defer.returnValue(
            'gamecreditsaddress' in (yield bitcoind.rpc_help()) and
            not (yield bitcoind.rpc_getinfo())['testnet']
        ))
SUBSIDY_FUNC = lambda height: 25*100000000 >> (height + 1)//840000
POW_FUNC = lambda data: pack.IntType(256).unpack(__import__('ltc_scrypt').getPoWHash(data))
BLOCK_PERIOD = 90 # s
SYMBOL = 'GMC'
CONF_FILE_FUNC = lambda: os.path.join(os.path.join(os.environ['APPDATA'], 'gamecredit') if platform.system() == 'Windows' else os.path.expanduser('~/Library/Application Support/gamecredit/') if platform.system() == 'Darwin' else os.path.expanduser('~/.gamecredit'), 'gamecredit.conf')
BLOCK_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX = 'http://gmc.cryptocloudhosting.org:3001/block/'
ADDRESS_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX = 'http://gmc.cryptocloudhosting.org:3001/address/'
TX_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX = 'http://gmc.cryptocloudhosting.org:3001/tx/'
SANE_TARGET_RANGE = (2**256//100000000 - 1, 2**256//1000 - 1)
DUMB_SCRYPT_DIFF = 2**16
DUST_THRESHOLD = 0.03e8

~/p2pool-rav/p2pool/networks/gamecredits.py
Code:
from p2pool.bitcoin import networks

PARENT = networks.nets['gamecredits']
SHARE_PERIOD = 15 # seconds
NEW_SHARE_PERIOD = 15 # seconds
CHAIN_LENGTH = 24*60*60//10 # shares
REAL_CHAIN_LENGTH = 24*60*60//10 # shares
TARGET_LOOKBEHIND = 60 # shares
SPREAD = 150 # blocks
NEW_SPREAD = 150 # blocks
IDENTIFIER = '5a1a4884fb33717d'.decode('hex')
PREFIX = '878022b63d4b7ea2'.decode('hex')
P2P_PORT = 40003
MIN_TARGET = 0
MAX_TARGET = 2**256//2**20 - 1
PERSIST = False
WORKER_PORT = 40004
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS = ' '.split(' ')
ANNOUNCE_CHANNEL = '#p2pool-gmc'
VERSION_CHECK = lambda v: True
VERSION_WARNING = lambda v: 'Upgrade GameCredits to >= 0.9.4.3!' if v < 90403 else None

I closed my p2pool - not enough resources on the server

cdtbtc
Copper Member

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 09:50:04 PM

Is there a noob guide available for mining GMC? I'm brand new to scrypt mining, and I'd like to dip my toes in first by starting on my PC and then moving to a miner, assuming I get all my ducks in a row. So hopefully you helpful folks can help get me off to the races.

I downloaded GameCredits Core and ran it, but it didn't seem obvious what to do to get started. When it runs, I see 'No block source available' in the bottom left, and on the right, if I hover over the icon I see '0 active connections to the GamerCredits network'.

I also downloaded cgminer, registered for a pool, and was having trouble running the batch file that's supposed to start it on a Windows machine. I knew that it wouldn't quite work since I don't have a dedicated graphics card installed just yet, although I have a couple laying around that are nothing special but would at least function as training wheels. But I don't see the 'cgiminer' file in the folder that I extracted; only cgming-nogpu. Not sure if this is related to the fact that I don't actually have a dedicated GPU installed yet.

Anyway, I would certainly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm sure there are detailed instructions around here somewhere...

AyaCoin - The Ayahuasca Cryptocurrency Token (whitepaper)
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:59:29 PM

Is there a noob guide available for mining GMC? I'm brand new to scrypt mining, and I'd like to dip my toes in first by starting on my PC and then moving to a miner, assuming I get all my ducks in a row. So hopefully you helpful folks can help get me off to the races.

I downloaded GameCredits Core and ran it, but it didn't seem obvious what to do to get started. When it runs, I see 'No block source available' in the bottom left, and on the right, if I hover over the icon I see '0 active connections to the GamerCredits network'.

I also downloaded cgminer, registered for a pool, and was having trouble running the batch file that's supposed to start it on a Windows machine. I knew that it wouldn't quite work since I don't have a dedicated graphics card installed just yet, although I have a couple laying around that are nothing special but would at least function as training wheels. But I don't see the 'cgiminer' file in the folder that I extracted; only cgming-nogpu. Not sure if this is related to the fact that I don't actually have a dedicated GPU installed yet.

Anyway, I would certainly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm sure there are detailed instructions around here somewhere...

Please join our forum (there's a help section) or irc chanel for guidance.
And welcome to GMC! Smiley

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
cdtbtc
Copper Member

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 10:49:29 PM

Thanks, shavers! I appreciate the good word.

I came across this video in the meantime, which cleared things up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASgyuXUoF8

At least as far setting minerd (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.0) up to use my CPU instead of something else like cgminer, which I think is for ASIC GPU miners.

Believe it or not, I had already checked out the IRC channel, but there didn't seem to be anyone around. And the 'mining' forum is pretty much empty. It's all good though, I finally have things off the ground.

Out of curiosity, assuming you do your own mining, what kind of equipment do you use, and what do you mine for exactly?

AyaCoin - The Ayahuasca Cryptocurrency Token (whitepaper)
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:03:14 PM

Thanks, shavers! I appreciate the good word.

I came across this video in the meantime, which cleared things up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASgyuXUoF8

At least as far setting minerd (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.0) up to use my CPU instead of something else like cgminer, which I think is for ASIC GPU miners.

Believe it or not, I had already checked out the IRC channel, but there didn't seem to be anyone around. And the 'mining' forum is pretty much empty. It's all good though, I finally have things off the ground.

Out of curiosity, assuming you do your own mining, what kind of equipment do you use, and what do you mine for exactly?

Our forum is brand new Cheesy Still getting the kinks out, but I'm on it every day. So are at least a couple other of the core team.

As for mining, for Scrypt you CAN do it with a CPU, but you won't get much, Scrypt is pretty much an ASIC algorithm at this time. I've never used minerd, but since cgminer and BFGminer were both derived from it, I can probably help. Please do visit our forum, and invite your friends.

I currently mine exclusively GMC (as you might expect from part of the dev team) and my pool is gmc.cryptocloudhosting.org. That's the landing page, where you can also find a bootstrap file and a block explorer Cheesy
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:36:30 PM

Is it viable to rent a rig anf to mine GMC? I am quite a noob at mining so want to see if I can also rent and mine. I am glad to see it is on my favorite exchange POLONIEX..Blog post coming tomorrow as well for GMC..I like this coin for the future growth of crypto.. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 08:39:00 PM

Is it viable to rent a rig anf to mine GMC? I am quite a noob at mining so want to see if I can also rent and mine. I am glad to see it is on my favorite exchange POLONIEX..Blog post coming tomorrow as well for GMC..I like this coin for the future growth of crypto.. Smiley

That is one of those "it depends" sort of questions. If your goal is acquiring coins, yes, it's doable and with our ongoing promotion will probably be profitable down the line. If you're looking to turn them instantly for BTC, you have to do cost calculations of the mining rig vs. number of coins you'll likely generate. I always take 10% off of the advertised hashrate for safety. Usually the variance isn't that high, but there are a lot of things that can affect it at any given moment.
GMC Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 04:08:12 PM

Achtung!

Our website is now available in German: gamecredits.net/de
Other major languages will follow soon!
Stay tuned and awesome! Cheesy

GMC Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 01:59:38 AM

Take a look at new facelifted OP. You're gonna love it: it's clean, neat, and straight to the point!

steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:19:00 AM

Hey guys, I have some Gamercredits, but I can't see them in my wallet.  I can see them on the block explorer, but I have sync'd, re-sync'd, transferred wallet between platforms, and still nothing.  I am using what I believe to be the latest wallet, and I'm dumbfounded.  I even did -salvagewallet and still nothing.  Am I missing something?

I used the bootstrap, as well as let the wallet sync from scratch.  What else can I try?

Thanks in advance...
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:02:33 AM

Hey guys, I have some Gamercredits, but I can't see them in my wallet.  I can see them on the block explorer, but I have sync'd, re-sync'd, transferred wallet between platforms, and still nothing.  I am using what I believe to be the latest wallet, and I'm dumbfounded.  I even did -salvagewallet and still nothing.  Am I missing something?

I used the bootstrap, as well as let the wallet sync from scratch.  What else can I try?

Thanks in advance...

Send me a PM, I'll try to help. I caught this very late.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: