Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:52:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GMC] GameCredits • A Multi-Platform Gaming Currency [GMC]  (Read 188343 times)
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:13:29 AM

can get the win wallet to sync. keeps saying 0 connections.
The OP not updated? Can't Game like This

The OP is up to date. Have you added nodes listed below download section?
For all help you may visit our forum: http://gamecredits.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11&p=71#p71

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:48:45 AM

This post hasn't been written on for 2 days now... Any news or is there silence for a reason?

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:47:26 PM

This post hasn't been written on for 2 days now... Any news or is there silence for a reason?

Several very tired people Cheesy Nothing new to report, but there will be very soon.
Limbodjin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:48:30 PM

Great!!!
I am impressed of the growth. I remember times, where GMC cost 1 or 2 Sat. And now this! Respect from my side.

Thank you sir! We're trying to keep it fun
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:24:14 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 07:14:22 PM by shavers

Nothing to hide pinkman12345 Smiley Our team is growing, so is our to-do list as the projects builds up. We set some hard deadlines and we're focused on finishing on time.

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:52:25 AM

I just wanted to congratulate your team. GMC is looking great. Price is getting stronger every day. Well done!!

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:32:09 PM

nice Polo pump:)

lets keep going next stop 10k Cheesy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:23:18 PM

nice Polo pump:)

lets keep going next stop 10k Cheesy

Well that was a mighty fine price rise. Been predicting this for a few weeks now. See if 3k holds strong for now, then grow steady from there!

Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:02:11 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 09:41:03 PM by Blazin8888

If coins like SDC are worth as much as they are with 0 use case atm....then GMC has a bright future in terms of price...

Great way to bring new people on board. Im pretty new to Crypto myself and more and more people at work are talking about it. I think GMC would be a great way to get your "average joe" on board and comfortable with crypto.

QUESTION:

WHY NOT USE BTC FOR GAMES?
1.25L

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:22:46 PM

this team need to be shot they have bagged up like 10 times saying somthing small hype sell it has been like 2 years and still no game using it give up already lol

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:34:24 PM

this team need to be shot they have bagged up like 10 times saying somthing small hype sell it has been like 2 years and still no game using it give up already lol

It makes you look less a fool if your FUD has some basis in reality. This team has existed since April of this year, when the coin was taken over.
Blazin8888

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:49:59 AM

It makes you look less a fool if your FUD has some basis in reality. This team has existed since April of this year, when the coin was taken over.

Thanks for your hard work on this project. Looking forward to helping this coin grow. Can we get this listed on more exchanges ?

1. Bittrex

2. BTC38
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:15:28 AM

Is coinsolidation still involved here?
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:42:46 AM

as far as i am aware coinsolidation is no longer a developer with the GMC and no involvement.
Blazin8888

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:02:42 AM

Really impressed! What will be your next aim?

Sony.

My parents work at MSFT. High up the chain. I dunno what I could really do but hey I can get the word out there thats for sure. Just give me the word or something to give them. Not sure if youve already reached out to Redmond but I could make an attempt if you guys give me some material to show them.

Will there be a way to port GMC into old school games?

Why not use bitcoin? Why do we need GMC? What advantage does GMC have over their current system?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:22:46 AM

Why not use bitcoin? Why do we need GMC?

1st question: Possibly. I'd like it to happen, but first focus is making it as near seemless as possible for current development. We get that done, then we can do all sorts of things with it.

2nd and third. We could use bitcoin. But bitcoin's focus is on becoming a mainstream currency, not any real means of doing so. That is their goal. Our goal is a commodity that is of use NOW. Not in the future when "everyone uses bitcoin". Plus, there are things about bitcoin, both it's community and it's structure, that are actually a bit inimical to broad development.

From the technical side, it has ten minute block times in ideal conditions. I've frequently seen it take over an hour, and once a whole day to find one block. This actually precludes it's use for it's intended goal without the addition of third parties, such as credit card companies. In my arrogant opinion, almost every altcoin is technically better than bitcoin. It has the first mover advantage, and it started what is becoming a revolution. For that, I will always love bitcoin. But the evolution from that DNA has left it a dinosaur in a fast moving world. If a cryptocurrency displaces the almighty dollar, it won't be bitcoin. As a savings vehicle, perhaps as it becomes more scarce, it will work. As a means of moving assets from one place to another nearly seamlessly, it is very good and it's infrastructure both broad and deep enough to eventually displace or be used by such services as Moneygram and Western Union.

From the cultural side, we have a very vocal group of people, mostly all of the developers included, who view Bitcoin in a religious manner. They are convinced that no other cryptocurrency can possibly compete because Satoshi Nakamoto was a living god. I suspect that Mr. Nakamoto is having a rather good laugh over this, if he is indeed one person. These people stifle innovation, and they don't even consciously do it on purpose in most cases. What is the word that they always throw out when a new coin is introduced, regardless of it's perceived or seen merits? Shitcoin. Scamcoin. Clone. They claim that since most cryptocurrencies in existence are derived from bitcoin code, that they can't possibly be an improvement or have anything to offer.

I beg to differ. We share over 99% of our DNA with the Chimpanzee. Chimpanzees, if they ever set foot on another world, will have done so because a human used them for a lab ape. Clearly that 1% of difference makes a hell of an impact. Or, if an evolutionary argument don't hold, how about a technological one? Almost every car on earth is derived from the original "automobile" patent and follows pretty rigid standards of form and function. The car that set the majority of those standards was the Ford Model T. Does anyone seriously question the superiourity of ANY modern vehicle to the Model T? Sure, they're cool looking, and yes, they put the automobile in the hands of the common man. And for this, Henry Ford and his car are and SHOULD BE respected. By the same token, bitcoin's open source nature put the concept and the ability to improve upon it in the hands of anyone willing to undertake the project. And hundreds have. Heroes and scoundrels and everything in between. Have they change the base code by a lot? No. Have they changed it significantly as to it's functionality?

I say yes. Not a "maybe", not a "possibly", just yes. Bitcoin's schema is flawed, and the altcoin community has addressed, in numerous ways, all of those flaws. That this has led to a plethora of coins of mostly no practical utility except as a vehicle to gather bitcoin without mining is also true. But this has much more to do with the focus, and maturity, of the developers. A great many of these innovations came from young people with no real plan beyond "Hey, I can do this". And there have been a number of nefarious actors as well. But that does not change the fact that the innovations have been made and are being made daily.

So, Why GMC? Because we have the flexibility to target a very large but very specific market. As long as the basic functionality of the coin is maintained, we are free to add to it or alter it as we choose, and thus make it even more tailor made to that niche market. At current, it is not a terribly innovative coin. We are, of course, intending to make a number of changes to the wallet, and the peripheral things to the coin. Since the takeover, the alterations made have been primarily aimed at stabilizing a coin that was a mess. It had promise, the original developers broke that promise. Whether by intent or not, I do not know. I wasn't involved at the time. I suspect there was no deliberate malfeasance, just some people in over their heads. As we progress, we aim to add a number of features and services to the GMC family  that will make it the easiest to use crypto ever. Whether we achieve this aim remains to be seen, but I lead a group of very talented men who have achieved sufficient age to not get discouraged by the day to day swings of the market, or the fact that we have so far made little impact. We are instead focused on what needs to be done, both in the near term, and to make this a long standing success story. If we succeed on just our current plans, this will be an immensely successful token. And it will be traded for far more than BTC.

Unlike Bitcoin, where we would be riding the coattails of some other's dream, we are making our own dream take flight. We of course have immense respect for what has gone before, and in aiming to make our own brand as recognizable or more so than Bitcoin we show that respect. We will be continually addding features to both our clients and our interfaces. It is the goal of this team to make our wallet so easy to use that people actually find it harder to use their credit card or paper cash. Can we achieve that? We're certainly going to try. But we're going to do it in the gaming industry, where people are FAR more demanding than the guy going to the corner Starbucks for a cup of coffee. From that crucible, we just might, in time, be the coin that breaks free of Bitcoin as a "base pair".
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:54:53 AM

Well put, Biomech!

I have been following this coin for over 18 months now, because I knew the gaming niche made a lot of sense. The original developer was a great guy, but could never offer what you guys are doing now! I am enjoying the rollercoaster ride to the top and it feels like we lifted off to the moon instead of going down Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:02:22 AM

Am also interested to see if Bittrex relist GMC, as it was delisted when the coin was going through a difficult stage in development with dysfunctional blockchain.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:03:47 AM

Am also interested to see if Bittrex relist GMC, as it was delisted when the coin was going through a difficult stage in development with dysfunctional blockchain.

With the rise we just experienced, people will demand a lot of exchanes to simply add the coin. I am pretty sure we will see a  lot of "Gamecredits is no listed at ... exchange" the upcoming days Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Blazin8888

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:16:48 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 06:27:32 AM by Blazin8888

1st question: Possibly. I'd like it to happen, but first focus is making it as near seemless as possible for current development. We get that done, then we can do all sorts of things with it.

2nd and third. We could use bitcoin. But bitcoin's focus is on becoming a mainstream currency, not any real means of doing so. That is their goal. Our goal is a commodity that is of use NOW. Not in the future when "everyone uses bitcoin". Plus, there are things about bitcoin, both it's community and it's structure, that are actually a bit inimical to broad development.

From the technical side, it has ten minute block times in ideal conditions. I've frequently seen it take over an hour, and once a whole day to find one block. This actually precludes it's use for it's intended goal without the addition of third parties, such as credit card companies. In my arrogant opinion, almost every altcoin is technically better than bitcoin. It has the first mover advantage, and it started what is becoming a revolution. For that, I will always love bitcoin. But the evolution from that DNA has left it a dinosaur in a fast moving world. If a cryptocurrency displaces the almighty dollar, it won't be bitcoin. As a savings vehicle, perhaps as it becomes more scarce, it will work. As a means of moving assets from one place to another nearly seamlessly, it is very good and it's infrastructure both broad and deep enough to eventually displace or be used by such services as Moneygram and Western Union.

From the cultural side, we have a very vocal group of people, mostly all of the developers included, who view Bitcoin in a religious manner. They are convinced that no other cryptocurrency can possibly compete because Satoshi Nakamoto was a living god. I suspect that Mr. Nakamoto is having a rather good laugh over this, if he is indeed one person. These people stifle innovation, and they don't even consciously do it on purpose in most cases. What is the word that they always throw out when a new coin is introduced, regardless of it's perceived or seen merits? Shitcoin. Scamcoin. Clone. They claim that since most cryptocurrencies in existence are derived from bitcoin code, that they can't possibly be an improvement or have anything to offer.

I beg to differ. We share over 99% of our DNA with the Chimpanzee. Chimpanzees, if they ever set foot on another world, will have done so because a human used them for a lab ape. Clearly that 1% of difference makes a hell of an impact. Or, if an evolutionary argument don't hold, how about a technological one? Almost every car on earth is derived from the original "automobile" patent and follows pretty rigid standards of form and function. The car that set the majority of those standards was the Ford Model T. Does anyone seriously question the superiourity of ANY modern vehicle to the Model T? Sure, they're cool looking, and yes, they put the automobile in the hands of the common man. And for this, Henry Ford and his car are and SHOULD BE respected. By the same token, bitcoin's open source nature put the concept and the ability to improve upon it in the hands of anyone willing to undertake the project. And hundreds have. Heroes and scoundrels and everything in between. Have they change the base code by a lot? No. Have they changed it significantly as to it's functionality?

I say yes. Not a "maybe", not a "possibly", just yes. Bitcoin's schema is flawed, and the altcoin community has addressed, in numerous ways, all of those flaws. That this has led to a plethora of coins of mostly no practical utility except as a vehicle to gather bitcoin without mining is also true. But this has much more to do with the focus, and maturity, of the developers. A great many of these innovations came from young people with no real plan beyond "Hey, I can do this". And there have been a number of nefarious actors as well. But that does not change the fact that the innovations have been made and are being made daily.

So, Why GMC? Because we have the flexibility to target a very large but very specific market. As long as the basic functionality of the coin is maintained, we are free to add to it or alter it as we choose, and thus make it even more tailor made to that niche market. At current, it is not a terribly innovative coin. We are, of course, intending to make a number of changes to the wallet, and the peripheral things to the coin. Since the takeover, the alterations made have been primarily aimed at stabilizing a coin that was a mess. It had promise, the original developers broke that promise. Whether by intent or not, I do not know. I wasn't involved at the time. I suspect there was no deliberate malfeasance, just some people in over their heads. As we progress, we aim to add a number of features and services to the GMC family  that will make it the easiest to use crypto ever. Whether we achieve this aim remains to be seen, but I lead a group of very talented men who have achieved sufficient age to not get discouraged by the day to day swings of the market, or the fact that we have so far made little impact. We are instead focused on what needs to be done, both in the near term, and to make this a long standing success story. If we succeed on just our current plans, this will be an immensely successful token. And it will be traded for far more than BTC.

Unlike Bitcoin, where we would be riding the coattails of some other's dream, we are making our own dream take flight. We of course have immense respect for what has gone before, and in aiming to make our own brand as recognizable or more so than Bitcoin we show that respect. We will be continually addding features to both our clients and our interfaces. It is the goal of this team to make our wallet so easy to use that people actually find it harder to use their credit card or paper cash. Can we achieve that? We're certainly going to try. But we're going to do it in the gaming industry, where people are FAR more demanding than the guy going to the corner Starbucks for a cup of coffee. From that crucible, we just might, in time, be the coin that breaks free of Bitcoin as a "base pair".

Thank you. I am glad we have intelligent people like yourself behind this coin. I have a feeling in my gut this coin is going to do great things. Plus I always dreamed as a kid getting paid to play my games....wow...the future is coming quicker than I thought it would.

Regarding Trex, yes I hope this gets re listed eventually...

QUESTION:

1. When "cashing out" GMC in game, will the user be able to directly cash out into their bank accounts or will they exchange the GMC into BTC and then take it from there?

***that could potentially be great for BTC as some people may choose to start holding BTC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: