Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:27:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EPC][Scrypt] Experiencecoin-The coin geared towards gamers-reRelease  (Read 63648 times)
tomhunksx

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:40:14 AM

Block 1078016 is ok? wrong?
My PC back front sleep.
Synchronization does not progress. Shocked
The round icon at the bottom right is stopped...
http://dotup.org/uploda/dotup.org1456442.jpg

That is correct block, you can check the current block here:
https://prohashing.com/explorer/Experiencecoin/
The blocks are delayed, so the wallet is waiting for the next block. As EPC becomes more popular, the mining time for the blocks should become more consistent and be closer to one every 60 seconds.
Please tell me. Smiley
Can I keep my wallet activated when putting my computer to sleep?
or
Should I put my computer to sleep after closing Wallet? Huh Huh Huh
Currently my computer is set to sleep automatically after an two hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
diorthotis

Activity: 330

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 01:07:57 AM

You do not need to leave the wallet running at all, unless you are solomining. If your balance shows, and your wallet is out of sync, you can still send the coins without syncronising the wallet. Also, you may send coins to your wallet's address without the wallet running or in sync. Any transactions will show up when the wallet syncronizes.
visax

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:37:06 AM

If you close the wallet and open it again too fast, you can corrupt the blockchain index. It is mentioned here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11812
I have found this is a problem with most qt wallets. I personally backup the chainstate and block index every so often when I am syncronizing a qt wallet. I do this on windows by searching "%appdata%" in the start search bar, and simply copy those folders needed, or you can just delete them to redownload. Don't delete wallet.dat!

Hi, Thanks to reply

so, what files should we delete, can you mention one by one Huh
diorthotis

Activity: 330

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 01:52:31 AM

After searching %appdata%, open folder called Experiencecoin.

Delete all of them, but not:

wallet.dat
peers.dat

everything besides these is fine to delete. It will need to redownload the blockchain.
visax

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:09:30 AM

After searching %appdata%, open folder called Experiencecoin.

Delete all of them, but not:

wallet.dat
peers.dat

everything besides these is fine to delete. It will need to redownload the blockchain.

Hi @diorthotis thanks, you always help any people here, i glad it  Grin
Iet7joo4

Activity: 75
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:16:37 PM

Hi @diorthotis thanks, you always help any people here, i glad it  Grin

Indeed, it's nice to have a community that help each other, that's exactly the open source way we follow, free software and free knowledge to improve the whole community experience at different levels.

Beside that, we're going to release in the weekend, probably you've read that already!
There's twitter posts about it. I'm just working now on the look&feel of the client, I'm tempted to send a screenshot here but I won't do that as our boss doesn't like surprises before release :-D

All I can say, I think it's going to look awesome. I might be biased and I wait for your opinion once you see it.

Laters

Donation welcome! ETH 0x711eE649672eF991496d1F10611EeF88C3ba4222 | BTC 1MfB6FczcJvHMMGcK2zky3HRpFHXz5xenJ | EPC EcvQwauNBr5weFp7UaVfhrD5eZXybpdgyu
u10

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:21:20 PM

coin need new games imho
it will be rly wonderful if u will got any agreement with game portal, like armorgames, kongregate, etc
Testeur1450

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:35:01 PM

What about Steam  Grin

Compte JUmpy14 hacké (Hero member)
Topknotbam
Legendary

Activity: 1938
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:25:41 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 11:09:07 AM by Topknotbam

EPC New Splash Screen

very good work Dev)

Hi @diorthotis thanks, you always help any people here, i glad it  Grin

Indeed, it's nice to have a community that help each other, that's exactly the open source way we follow, free software and free knowledge to improve the whole community experience at different levels.

Beside that, we're going to release in the weekend, probably you've read that already!
There's twitter posts about it. I'm just working now on the look&feel of the client, I'm tempted to send a screenshot here but I won't do that as our boss doesn't like surprises before release :-D

All I can say, I think it's going to look awesome. I might be biased and I wait for your opinion once you see it.

Laters

in anticipation of an EPC update) we waited so long, that 1 - 5 days -  is nothing;)

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Testeur1450

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:17:33 AM

Admin
Can you pleaz contact Yobit (i suppuse you have a direct support with them) my EPC coins a stuck (no transaction non confirmation)..they really have a pb, i cant withdraw

thanks for you r help

operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:43:08 PM

Admin
Can you pleaz contact Yobit (i suppuse you have a direct support with them) my EPC coins a stuck (no transaction non confirmation)..they really have a pb, i cant withdraw

thanks for you r help

The dev is not responsible for clearing your transaction, you must contact yobit with a support ticket and wait. Or forget obout your coins. Try withdrawing some more if you can. It will probably work, if it doesn't work, then you should worry. The dev is not in direct contact with yobit.

From the first yobit is not concerned with customer complaints, you are free to contact yobit through the support ticket you will never get an answer.
tomhunksx

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:48:24 AM

To Administrator. Smiley
Please tell me.  I have questions.
I am currently using a wallet 'Experiencecoin Core version v1.8.2.0-unk(32bit)' and program 'Qt version 5.3.2'.
Can I keep this wallet?
https://i.imgur.com/SBSC9l8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/C6bfS5R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r3MMQpj.jpg
tomhunksx

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:52:39 AM

To Administrator. Smiley
Please tell me.  I have questions.
I am currently using a wallet 'Experiencecoin Core version v1.8.2.0-unk(32bit)' and program 'Qt version 5.3.2'.
Can I keep this wallet?
https://i.imgur.com/SBSC9l8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/C6bfS5R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r3MMQpj.jpg

If the wallet works, then it should be OK, however, we are anticipating a V.3 release soon, so when it is available you should update your wallet after backing up your wallet.dat.

OK. I'm relieved.
I am looking forward to the new release!
Thank you. Grin
Testeur1450

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:16:04 PM

Admin

thanks for you r help

The dev is not responsible for clearing your transaction, you must contact yobit with a support ticket and wait. Or forget obout your coins. Try withdrawing some more if you can. It will probably work, if it doesn't work, then you should worry. The dev is not in direct contact with yobit.

im not complaining 
i ask isf the admin can talk to Yobit about EPC problem on their exchange
Yes he talk to them or have a VIP support....in some days cryptopia stop the wallet waiting to realese 3.0

You had never problem with Yobit ? Roll Eyes  are you kidding me ?
I dont know if they re scammer on not competent but thousand of users have coin stucks (Millions of dollars)

Yobbit support dont give answer..some of us waiting since 2 month or more
Many of us have their EPC coin stuck on Yobit

Iet7joo4

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:22:11 PM

Is the update still planned to occur? Personally I like the coin how it is. But an update is always welcome.

It's going to occur, we just need to test latest things and release.

Donation welcome! ETH 0x711eE649672eF991496d1F10611EeF88C3ba4222 | BTC 1MfB6FczcJvHMMGcK2zky3HRpFHXz5xenJ | EPC EcvQwauNBr5weFp7UaVfhrD5eZXybpdgyu
Topknotbam
Legendary

Activity: 1938
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:20:10 AM

updated site, looks amazing)

changes are already taking place, it's nice to watch it Wink

http://www.experiencecoin.org/

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Iet7joo4

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:49:12 PM

So your plan was to get us ready for an update so you could try to stop the trading and mining? I am starting to wonder if you simply are trying to kill this coin.

Technically the people who decide to run the wallet software are in control of whether the v.3 update is accepted. When you release the wallet, you can specify what block the fork occurs. Trying to stop the current experiencecoin from operating is essentially evil. It goes against everything cryptocurrency stands for. You cannot decide whether a coin is traded or mined. You may release your update if you want, but until you actually provide a download of the wallet, you have no say whatsoever about experiencecoin. People are still able to trade, mine send coins etc. When you actually release an updated wallet, then you can say the fork happens on block whatever.

Your points are valid but the "pause" of the coin was due only to the major changes we went though. The version 3 had to be released already but due to some bug just raised in some specific condition this is not yet done. We want to fix this bug first, that's the reason of the delay. From my side and from EPC devs there's absolutely no reason or will to kill the coin but instead we want to make worth and usable in different cool ways, which only this upgrade can let us do that.
So please keep some more patience until we fix that nasty bug and we move on.

bitcoinore.com (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 503

workingForBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 07:18:39 PM

So your plan was to get us ready for an update so you could try to stop the trading and mining? I am starting to wonder if you simply are trying to kill this coin.

Technically the people who decide to run the wallet software are in control of whether the v.3 update is accepted. When you release the wallet, you can specify what block the fork occurs. Trying to stop the current experiencecoin from operating is essentially evil. It goes against everything cryptocurrency stands for. You cannot decide whether a coin is traded or mined. You may release your update if you want, but until you actually provide a download of the wallet, you have no say whatsoever about experiencecoin. People are still able to trade, mine send coins etc. When you actually release an updated wallet, then you can say the fork happens on block whatever.

The objective was for us to release right away, and for the pause to exists for a minimal time frame. We needed to pause the trades because EPC will have a new network magic. Meaning that to continue communicating with nodes and the main blockchain, all nodes needed to be updated, otherwise they would not be able to communicate and write to the blockchain. If there are transactions occurring which we are the mist of us transitioning from EPC v2 to EPC v3, they risk being lost.

For example,

If After the release

User A using EPC 2 has 100 EPC

User B using EPC 2 as well buys 50 EPC from User A

User B updates to EPC 3, he will have zero EPC in his wallet

User A updates to EPC 3, and he will still have 100 EPC

This is because the initial transaction took place on the old blockchain using the old network Magic, while after the update to EPC v3.0, the wallets will point to current blockchain and the right network magic.

This is what we are trying to protect people from. As I mentioned, our objective was to have had released EPC already, but due to surfacing Bugs, we must address them, prior to releasing.

Iet7joo4

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:42:35 PM

I am only suggesting that you do what you say. If you are having issues with the wallet update and cannot release it like right now, you should contact cryptopia so they can continue to trade there.

Imagine if Charlie Lee tried to do the same thing with litecoin? What kind of reaction do you think would occur?

'Litecoin creator Charlie Lee halts trading to provide a new update to the wallet.'

'News update, almost two weeks later it comes to light a bug is preventing the wallet update.'

Ok, so my point is, don't say you will release an update, then think its OK that weeks go by and you expect people to just not trade or mine? You seriously are not helping this project, I think it would be better if you announce that v.3 is NOT going to be released. Then if you somehow decide that you want to release the wallet, then DO it when it is READY!

At this point I don't care much, because I don't think you have the technical skills to take on this project, at least I can say I have no evidence that you are planning to update at all, because at this point it appears to be malicious intrigue set out to destroy a project that was great.

Many projects get picked up by malicious people who only want to profit or destroy.

Well, if you were a developer you could understand that some bugs can rise under specific circumstances, if you're not that's fine, now you know it, that is just what I'm going to tell you.
By the way, the source code is already available on github since days, it's not difficult to check to have *some evidence* but you're more than welcome to stay on the old chain if you like it so much, nobody is forcing you.

visax

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:29:54 AM

At this point I don't care much, because I don't think you have the technical skills to take on this project, at least I can say I have no evidence that you are planning to update at all, because at this point it appears to be malicious intrigue set out to destroy a project that was great.

Many projects get picked up by malicious people who only want to profit or destroy.

I agree with your feeling,

because day after day, week and week after week, then month to month its next, this does not lead to good impact and bring significant development, which means slowly tillage field launched in the business circle

no wonder, the business world and the world of cryptocurency developers have dark side parts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: