Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 307472 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 03:08:11 AM

i saw, that on this exchange, https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/, we could let add quora within 2 days for 0.1 btc.

Has anybody experience with them? Is it worth the investment? And if yes, is someone here who wants to share with me the costs?

Personally, I think we should be supporting CCEDK as much as possible for all of the hard work Ronny has put in with Qora.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:10:08 PM

I was wondering about atomic transactions of assets. I believe burst and qora exchanged/traded coins across blockchains, is it possible to do the same with assets: trade x amount of some qora for y amount of burst, or vice versa, or trade qora assets for burst assets?

Any links to info about the atomic transactions already performed or other info is appreciated. Thanks!
NiGuEnEd

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:39:40 AM

what is going on with this coin ? BTER cannot fix the problem with their wallet more then a month.
Developers do you know about it ?
Skerberus

Activity: 909
Merit: 663

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:14:40 AM

what is going on with this coin ? BTER cannot fix the problem with their wallet more then a month.
Developers do you know about it ?

We know about that! Bter is not cooperating, they just say it is not working but they are not telling their exact problems. I tried to contact them without success they seem to always answer with default answers. I currently would not recommend to use them, use ccedk instead.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:11:06 AM

I have got the same issue. It needs very long to synchronize my wallet with the most recents blocks :/ Any advices?

Too few nodes
Vrontis (OP)

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 08:21:10 PM

As we are heading to the release of v0.23 I would like to raise some thoughts regarding the current situation.
As you know, we have pushed forward the whole environment of Qora with additional features, driving Qora to a new direction.
However, we are facing some issues, issues that I would like to explain below.

The major concern and the most effective problem we are facing is the weak network that we have.
Qora is not used, daily transactions are limited to less than 50 (most of them are from the faucet) and the connected nodes are getting fewer and fewer.
Major forger remains an exchange and holders seems that they have forget about Qora.
That's obviously a big concern for us, working and spending efforts on something with zero effects is not good.
We are not easily identify issues, we do not have guidance or recommendations by the users and we are not seen growth.
Those facts will become obstacles for future deployments and we have to figure out how we will proceed.
We have a solid team, we have boosted development and keep on experimenting on Qora by bringing new set of features each time.
This weakness of the network needs to be solved immediately, so we have to focus on this.
By measuring what we have bring into Qora we know what is needed to be done in the future to achieve a better environment for Qora.
A web wallet, a not so heavy GUI, a better management for the blockchain's size, a rating system for content stored, a better "cloud" for your files, a better web to browse, a better network to socialize your life.
But as long as we see those obstacles by the network, along with our priorities in real life, we cannot easily proceed furthermore till we have a clean ground to play.
So, our first priority right after the release of the v0.23 is to seek for support.We are reviewing many possible scenarios for the day after the release.
We will finalized the v0.23 in the next days and then it will be released.

Vrontis (OP)

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 08:54:05 PM

I was wondering about atomic transactions of assets. I believe burst and qora exchanged/traded coins across blockchains, is it possible to do the same with assets: trade x amount of some qora for y amount of burst, or vice versa, or trade qora assets for burst assets?

Automated Transactions right now supports only payment transactions but it can actually support other transaction types as well.This might occur in the future.

Any links to info about the atomic transactions already performed or other info is appreciated. Thanks!

Here is the post, here is the press release, here is the infographic and here is media coverage of the event : cryptocoinsnews.com, tuckfheman.com

KLONE

Activity: 264

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:19:07 AM

As we are heading to the release of v0.23 I would like to raise some thoughts regarding the current situation.
As you know, we have pushed forward the whole environment of Qora with additional features, driving Qora to a new direction.

The major concern and the most effective problem we are facing is the weak network that we have.
Qora is not used, daily transactions are limited to less than 50 (most of them are from the faucet) and the connected nodes are getting fewer and fewer.
Major forger remains an exchange and holders seems that they have forget about Qora.
That's obviously a big concern for us, working and spending efforts on something with zero effects is not good.
We are not easily identify issues, we do not have guidance or recommendations by the users and we are not seen growth.
Those facts will become obstacles for future deployments and we have to figure out how we will proceed.
We have a solid team, we have boosted development and keep on experimenting on Qora by bringing new set of features each time.
This weakness of the network needs to be solved immediately, so we have to focus on this.
By measuring what we have bring into Qora we know what is needed to be done in the future to achieve a better environment for Qora.
A web wallet, a not so heavy GUI, a better management for the blockchain's size, a rating system for content stored, a better "cloud" for your files, a better web to browse, a better network to socialize your life.
But as long as we see those obstacles by the network, along with our priorities in real life, we cannot easily proceed furthermore till we have a clean ground to play.
So, our first priority right after the release of the v0.23 is to seek for support.We are reviewing many possible scenarios for the day after the release.

Qora needs something like a 'dice' site to keep the momentum, something similar to https://monerodice.net/. AFAIK 50% of profits from monerodice go to the monero dev team, so both investing in the bankroll, and playing the game help XMR. Qora needs something similar IMO

If anyone sets up a community based 'qoradice' I would invest heavily in the bankroll, and so to would many other Qora holders.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:36:40 PM

Qora needs something like a 'dice' site to keep the momentum, something similar to https://monerodice.net/. AFAIK 50% of profits from monerodice go to the monero dev team, so both investing in the bankroll, and playing the game help XMR. Qora needs something similar IMO

If anyone sets up a community based 'qoradice' I would invest heavily in the bankroll, and so to would many other Qora holders.

This certainly couldn't hurt. Would be cool if it could be done on the blockchain with AT, but I think it would probably be faster/easier to get it set up like justdice or monerodice.
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:03:39 PM

Some useful realworld applications could not be a bad for the coin. Is there a free dice script around? Then, I would consider to setup a dice site for Qora. Server is already running.

KLONE

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:04:58 AM

Some useful realworld applications could not be a bad for the coin. Is there a free dice script around? Then, I would consider to setup a dice site for Qora. Server is already running.

Cool thanks tyz!! Come on guys, lets try and make this happen!

A community based gambling site that helps fund Qora dev & infrastructure (i.e. nodes) just makes sense!

Who else has ideas, skills etc

Where to find a dice script, or something similar?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:31:58 AM

A community based gambling site that helps fund Qora dev & infrastructure (i.e. nodes) just makes sense!

Maybe this can help https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=987208.0

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
KLONE

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:32:39 AM

Good one wizzardTim!!

@tyz, let us know what you think!
bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:42:51 PM

Great News:

New Version will be out this weekend at the lastet.....
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:24:53 PM

Oh thanks, i'll gonna review the code first. The demo which is provided is not working  Sad

Good one wizzardTim!!

@tyz, let us know what you think!
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:26:13 PM

Having problems again to synchronize my wallet. Are there any problems at the moment?  Sad
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:37:22 PM

Having problems again to synchronize my wallet. Are there any problems at the moment?  Sad

Synced OK here (or 'Oke' as the wallet calls it). Connected to 188.166.53.239 if you need a node/peer.

Edit: May have spoken too soon, now no connections after being synced for a little while.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:01:25 PM

You can find a list of good nodes here:
http://qora.co.in/?nodes

and add a bunch in Settings.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:00:59 PM

So, I'm playing around with wallet a bit, and it keeps crashing when I try to register a name. It just freezes permanently as soon as I hit the 'Register' button, whether wallet is locked or unlocked. I also had a crash when I clicked on the file menu once. This is on a Windows computer. Is Linux the recommended platform? It should be pretty agnostic since it's Java, no?
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:10:21 PM

got the same problems. any suggestions?

Having problems again to synchronize my wallet. Are there any problems at the moment?  Sad

Synced OK here (or 'Oke' as the wallet calls it). Connected to 188.166.53.239 if you need a node/peer.

Edit: May have spoken too soon, now no connections after being synced for a little while.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: