Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:29:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Greece defaults  (Read 45190 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:01:22 PM

The brave thing to do would be for the Greek people to courageously re-energize true financial and political democracy by leaving the Euro and getting out from under the control of the one-World Government proxies, the Banksters. Unfortunately the world is now completely the domain of the one-World Government, and they will stop every attempt to break their domination and the enslavement of people, via a world ruled by a very ruthless and corrupt oligarchy.

I agree, I would far prefer if Greeks were brave enough to Grexit and rebuild the country from their own sweat and toil and choose their own allies and friends, than have everything imposed on them by outs die forces but there are way too many bullies out there so Greeks have long lost their mojo..I just hope someone is really brave enough to turn the Country around.. I like Tsipras but he has had to make so many concessions to please the Greeks who are so scared of a Grexit.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:45:47 PM

Greece has defaulted now. It's been thrown out of the Eurozone. What else is left to discuss? The aftermath that follows . I'm sure , had the country been US or UK , the hype would've been much much lesser. The rich people would've shut down the scams in the name of capitalism and be done with it. I see Greece as a noble country.

It hasn't happened yet. When it happens i'll believe (Greece being kicked out of the Eurozone). The negotiations are still happening, today we'll get more nights at new, it seems Tsipras is giving up some space for things to happen, but no matter what happens, the Greeks are fucked. If they default and go out of the euro with their own currency or if they stay within the euro, a long bad period awaits them.

The city is so beautiful, it is said to watch it screw itself. If Greece does stick with Euro, yes they will be a leech for Eurozone again, but it will be on their leash too. And if the Greece falls out of Eurozone, other big countries might exist the Euro zone too as there are huge defaults of Italy and many big countries using Euro. Won't the fall of Greece also destroy Euro currency too then?
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:50:12 PM

Greece has defaulted now. It's been thrown out of the Eurozone. What else is left to discuss? The aftermath that follows . I'm sure , had the country been US or UK , the hype would've been much much lesser. The rich people would've shut down the scams in the name of capitalism and be done with it. I see Greece as a noble country.

It hasn't happened yet. When it happens i'll believe (Greece being kicked out of the Eurozone). The negotiations are still happening, today we'll get more nights at new, it seems Tsipras is giving up some space for things to happen, but no matter what happens, the Greeks are fucked. If they default and go out of the euro with their own currency or if they stay within the euro, a long bad period awaits them.

The city is so beautiful, it is said to watch it screw itself. If Greece does stick with Euro, yes they will be a leech for Eurozone again, but it will be on their leash too. And if the Greece falls out of Eurozone, other big countries might exist the Euro zone too as there are huge defaults of Italy and many big countries using Euro. Won't the fall of Greece also destroy Euro currency too then?

Euro and Eurozone are a 65 years project (and a more years dream) and it is difficult that this kind of project end so easy.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:08:19 PM

Euro and Eurozone are a 65 years project (and a more years dream) and it is difficult that this kind of project end so easy.

We saw a major first world country default for the first time, we saw the great powerful chinese market drop trillions worth of shares, all this in just one month. There was a lot of shit people did not expect to happen, things which people thought will never go down so easy, but it did. Everything does, everything can burn down so please, the end of Euro is possible. Very much possible.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:20:02 PM

We saw a major first world country default for the first time, we saw the great powerful chinese market drop trillions worth of shares, all this in just one month. There was a lot of shit people did not expect to happen, things which people thought will never go down so easy, but it did. Everything does, everything can burn down so please, the end of Euro is possible. Very much possible.

I bet that not only euro will survive but even that it will not be reasons to doubts about its existence. The main reason of this (Grexit) will not happen. Greece will be in Eurozone and will use euro.  Wink Tsipras has made a great confusion with its actions the last 6 months but slowly is going in the right direction.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:13:51 PM

Last news from Geece battle field

Germany’s Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung newspaper is reporting that the German finance ministry has proposed two options for Greece - including a temporary ‘timeout’ from the eurozone!

Under the first course, Greece would improve its existing proposals, and also transfer some €50bn of property assets to sell off to pay debts (not clear which assets they have in mind. Islands? The Parthenon perhaps?)

The second option would see Greece leaves the monetary union for at least five years and restructures its debt. It would remain as the EU Member and receives further “growth-enhancing, humanitarian and technical assistance”.

Here’s the story:

I suppose they could be serious (assuming FAS are right). But it’s riddled with problems.

For starters, if Greece shifts to a depreciated Drachma it’ll find it even harder to service its existing euro debts. What happens to the banking sector once the emergency liquidity is removed, and the euro deposits locked inside.

And once you’re left the eurozone, even ‘temporarily’, can you really be certain you’ll be allowed back in?

What a nice people,give us 50 bln in property asset we will give you 50 bln in printed by us money

Whatever will happen,all that is supporting anti Euro movement especially Brexit

Euro has been created for political reason Europe federalisation,European States of Germany

Now Complelemantarycurrency EuroDrachma has been created and has got strong support from very experienced developers

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:39:16 AM

For starters, if Greece shifts to a depreciated Drachma it’ll find it even harder to service its existing euro debts. What happens to the banking sector once the emergency liquidity is removed, and the euro deposits locked inside.

If it shifts to a Drachma, it is not going to honour its Euro-debt obligations. There will be hair-cuts or Greece will just convert the debt into drachmas at the current exchange rate. If the Drachma depreciates, it will be the bondholders loss.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:40:07 PM

No, I don't believe that. Europe is weak and their leaders are feared of making rational decisions. They will extend the time for Greece to show its willingness to enact reforms. Meaning that Greece will get hidden payments again to win some time. As we know this will not help to improve the situation but this is what Europe is doing since five years.

Looks like tomorrow is it! The plan either works of Greece is out of the Eurozone. If they get kicked, they are going back to worthless Drachma. It will be the best chance Bitcoin has ever had to get a foot in the door and grab some business from the Drachma.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:14:22 PM

No, I don't believe that. Europe is weak and their leaders are feared of making rational decisions. They will extend the time for Greece to show its willingness to enact reforms. Meaning that Greece will get hidden payments again to win some time. As we know this will not help to improve the situation but this is what Europe is doing since five years.

I fear the same. It feels like they want to remain within an eternal loop of false promises followed by more borrowing.

The only real solution for Greece is to leave the Eurozone. Only with a debased currency they will be able to compete in international markets. It should have been already done five years ago...

Unfortunately the majority of the Greek people is believing in the propaganda of the extreme leftists. They think it's cruelty of the creditors that they demand austerity while in fact it's impudent of the debtor to demand more payment while at the same denying to take action to become solvent again.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:35:49 PM

I fear the same. It feels like they want to remain within an eternal loop of false promises followed by more borrowing.

The only real solution for Greece is to leave the Eurozone. Only with a debased currency they will be able to compete in international markets. It should have been already done five years ago...

Unfortunately the majority of the Greek people is believing in the propaganda of the extreme leftists. They think it's cruelty of the creditors that they demand austerity while in fact it's impudent of the debtor to demand more payment while at the same denying to take action to become solvent again.

Yes, how illogical is it that they are taking more debt when they are being asked to repay their previous ones.. If Greece does leave the Eurozone, winning its own economic independence might take a coupe years and recreating strategies and becoming a dominant country in the international market would take years and years to happen. They are just escaping the reality.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:37:24 AM

Actually it's a two-way call, The Brits still owe Greece the Elgin marbles and Germany still owes Greece tons for war reparations and an occupation loan that it still hasn't paid off, so Greece isn't the only leech here lol.  Grin Grin Plenty of peeps ransacked and raped Greece as well, no way to hide that, read the history books, Yes Greece has a lot of corruption and RICH DUDES that took all their money out, they all need to be dealt with accordingly and the new generation trained to love their country better.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:20:45 AM

It seems that for now Greece has made an agreement with the European union
Where it goes from there remains to be seen
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2015-07-13/eurozone-leaders-reach-agreement-on-greece-debt-deal/

French President Francois Hollande has said "Europe has won" as a debt deal was struck with Greece.

He said that to have lost Greece as a member would have been to lose "the heart of our civilisation" and called on the Greek parliament to convene within hours to adopt the new package of austerity measures.

Greek banks are expected to remain closed for a few more days while details of the package are finalised.

Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:23:19 AM

It seems that for now Greece has made an agreement with the European union
Where it goes from there remains to be seen
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2015-07-13/eurozone-leaders-reach-agreement-on-greece-debt-deal/

French President Francois Hollande has said "Europe has won" as a debt deal was struck with Greece.

He said that to have lost Greece as a member would have been to lose "the heart of our civilisation" and called on the Greek parliament to convene within hours to adopt the new package of austerity measures.

Greek banks are expected to remain closed for a few more days while details of the package are finalised.

This could be the reason for the sudden plummet in the bitcoin price on bitrex in the last 2 hours.
From $309 to $279 is disaster if you held on to your coins in the last 2-3 days. Roll Eyes
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:35:57 AM

So in summary, when Greece defaults....

It will restrict access to each citizens money and turn to its citizens to ask them if they want to accept ongoing shittier lives.

If the citizens have a majority that say no then their money will remain restricted for at least another week.

After this week, Greece turns to its citizens again and says we need you to live shittier lives in order to give you full access to your money. Oh, and by the way, we no longer own some stuff we used to own.... we will tell you more about that later, its not important right now.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:43:54 AM

It seems the price fell down again, and the reason could be that greece is assumedly solved.

This is of course disappointing in the short term, but the fact that buyers are considering these large scale money problems is promising, it is this kind of problem bitcoin is about. So, looking good, anyway.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:34:26 PM

Did you guys noticed, the greek government is now begging the EU to give them austerity, but a "better" austerity, to favor the greeks.

Thats as much as a referendum clearly wanting the opposite is worth nowadays. Can't trust politicians nowadays guys.

So this makes them lose not only the EU's trust in greece, but now the population will lose trust in their government too, default is inevitable...

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:55:27 PM

Did you guys noticed, the greek government is now begging the EU to give them austerity, but a "better" austerity, to favor the greeks.

Thats as much as a referendum clearly wanting the opposite is worth nowadays. Can't trust politicians nowadays guys.

So this makes them lose not only the EU's trust in greece, but now the population will lose trust in their government too, default is inevitable...

How will the common people cause a default? Wont they just swallow the bowl of shit?
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:22:39 AM

Greece knows how important they are and they are playing their hand as they should.  If Greece goes under the EU would be in fear of all the ripple affects which is the only reason the EU keeps going back to the bargaining table.  And don't worry about the "austerity" measures.  That's just political propaganda for the outsiders to look at.  Greece won't have austerity like the EU makes it seem.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
dmeter

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:35:45 AM

French President has to watch his country's economy, the French economy is on infusion and live on the old glory.I do not know what a useful successful produce Frenchmen   and what I would like to have. essentially no difference between the French and Greek. poor  country if, the French hold the lecture of economy.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:57:39 AM

Let's be honest. Why would Eurozone still stay in touch with Greece even when they know Greece is just sucking the money out of them and hanging on them like a parasite? Because they all know how important Greece's presence is, how there's gonna be proper collateral damage when Greece exits and they all want to either work on the collateral damage or just try to avoid it for now. Those grown men aren't that stupid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: