Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:43:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Greece defaults  (Read 45190 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:34:00 AM

As I've been dreaming of a Grexit for many years, it seems I'm going to get what I want at least. The Greeks have a choice, follow the way shown by the other EU members, which will be hard but safe, or follow their own way to misery. Latest news are towards the second solution. The Greek banks will remain closed. Forever.

man there is already a verdict about the grexit, and it is that there is no grexit, they will help them with more than 80B of money, but in exchange they need to show a solid plan to retrieve their position as a EU country and pay their debts

They will never be able to pay their debts as they are. Remain to see if they will continue to be an EU member with continuous debts, if their debt will be restructured or will be a probably Greexit in the years to come.

Show me a country that hasn't had continuous debts.

The problem is not the continuous debt but its sustainability. This is the difference between the Greek debit and the other countries debt. The Greek debit, as it is, it is unsustainable. And without restructuraction will cause the Greexit.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:35:33 AM

As I've been dreaming of a Grexit for many years, it seems I'm going to get what I want at least. The Greeks have a choice, follow the way shown by the other EU members, which will be hard but safe, or follow their own way to misery. Latest news are towards the second solution. The Greek banks will remain closed. Forever.

man there is already a verdict about the grexit, and it is that there is no grexit, they will help them with more than 80B of money, but in exchange they need to show a solid plan to retrieve their position as a EU country and pay their debts

They will never be able to pay their debts as they are. Remain to see if they will continue to be an EU member with continuous debts, if their debt will be restructured or will be a probably Greexit in the years to come.

Well maybe this time Greece will slowly develop different ways to change the habits and lifestyle of many Greeks living the American Dream Bubble. This could be the real make ir or break it time for Greece. It has three years to pull its socks up and hopefully get the unsustainable debt restructured and under control. This debt is like a tumor growing and destroying everyone. I hope now Greeks in general will be motivated to become a nation of savers and also start rebuilding the country instead of taking all the money out. The big sharks took out 250 billion Euros over the last few years instead of investing that in their Country..These peeps should be put on trial for killing Greece.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:41:36 AM

Well maybe this time Greece will slowly develop different ways to change the habits and lifestyle of many Greeks living the American Dream Bubble.

It is the only way to go ahead. The Greeks one day will wake up from their "dream" and will face their reality. Not giving the faults to the others. Sooner is better.
eerygarden

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:50:14 AM

Well maybe this time Greece will slowly develop different ways to change the habits and lifestyle of many Greeks living the American Dream Bubble. This could be the real make ir or break it time for Greece. It has three years to pull its socks up and hopefully get the unsustainable debt restructured and under control. This debt is like a tumor growing and destroying everyone. I hope now Greeks in general will be motivated to become a nation of savers and also start rebuilding the country instead of taking all the money out. The big sharks took out 250 billion Euros over the last few years instead of investing that in their Country..These peeps should be put on trial for killing Greece.

Do you really think that people who have undergone three weeks of capital controls will now want to save their money? If/when it comes to my country I know I wouldn't trust the banks again.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:56:41 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 09:07:22 AM by n2004al

Do you really think that people who have undergone three weeks of capital controls will now want to save their money? If/when it comes to my country I know I wouldn't trust the banks again.

Lol. The banks in Greece are not for the saving of the money but for taking the money. The only customers of banks are the retired people who take the pensions and the public and private employees who takes the salaries. The only way that that people can have their money is through the banks.

Take in mind that these people are to many. To many.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:41:25 PM

Leaving the Euro, which might happen effectively if not officially by next week, is dooming the Greek population to a huge cut in their personal wealth, living standards and purchasing power while still having an economy and government that needs deep reforms to get on a path of economic growth and sustainability.
pigzone

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:41:30 PM

They can only rely on bitcoin
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:48:57 PM

It is not easy and it will be very difficult for them. They need money and with bitcoin it is difficult to have more than you give. So it is a very, very hard experiment. They may use bitcoin as a referrer money but they must have necessarily they own money. They need monetary politics and with bitcoins this is impossible. They don't own the bitcoin.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:37:11 PM

How I had mentioned on another thread: 
They need a kind of inspiration of Aristotle,Socrates,Demosthenes,Plato and the great Greek philosophers any of them would tell them to do.Economists claim Aristotle as the father of economics.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:07:29 AM

First of all they need to understand that the fault is only theirs and not to the others. If they (their politicians) would be responsible nothing would be happen. So if again 60% of them will vote another "No" they will go to nowhere. If they will do other referendums without meaning as the last, they will go again to nowhere. What now that they accepted a rescue plan with more draconian measures compare with those for which is made the referendum? 

Second, they must understand that only themselves can resolve the situation. If they will not understand that and work hard for this they will go again to nowhere.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:39:17 AM

they will not, many are only waiting to dump their coin when the price will be ready, what if they start buying bitcoin and then many early adopters or random big holders start to dump because of the bubble created by their buying and as a result a big crush after this?

too much risk for them, at 500 already there will be a huge dump, they can only lose money if they will buy bitcoin in mass
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:57:37 AM

they will not, many are only waiting to dump their coin when the price will be ready, what if they start buying bitcoin and then many early adopters or random big holders start to dump because of the bubble created by their buying and as a result a big crush after this?

too much risk for them, at 500 already there will be a huge dump, they can only lose money if they will buy bitcoin in mass

I don't think they can even afford to buy bitcoins, the whole debts started to take place because Greece was just unable to afford Euro, you think they can cope up with a currency which will multiply 55x times in price just as soon as Greece adopts it? I don't think there is a happy ending for Greece regardless of the presence of bitcoin or any other crypto currency.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:20:58 PM

Well maybe this time Greece will slowly develop different ways to change the habits and lifestyle of many Greeks living the American Dream Bubble.

It is the only way to go ahead. The Greeks one day will wake up from their "dream" and will face their reality. Not giving the faults to the others. Sooner is better.

The Greeks aren't in no dream, they are very aware they are facing a dead end scenario where they are stuck with infinite debt. The ones dreaming are the Troika if they think Greece will ever pay for the entire debt no matter how much austerity is applied.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:25:57 PM

The Greeks aren't in no dream, they are very aware they are facing a dead end scenario where they are stuck with infinite debt. The ones dreaming are the Troika if they think Greece will ever pay for the entire debt no matter how much austerity is applied.

Wll for once Mario Dragi yesterday spoke about debt relief, so he now is on the side of restructuring the debt as well, only the IMF were clever enough earlier to say that Greece needed debt restructuring otherwise Greece can't get itself out of the sh*t it is in and neither can the creditors get squat..So the Troika HAS to restructure the debt and also the Greek Govt has to go after all the corrupt officials who got the country in this mess from the previous govts and also get the 250 billion euros that was taken out by the big peeps.. Let them pay for their country for a change instead of always the small peeps.  Cry

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:44:30 PM

The problem is, above all else, an accounting problem, a significant factor of which is Greece's demographically imbalanced and fiscally strained labor force. This deal or that deal may be reached between Greece and its creditors, and deals may be broken, but the problem will not be fully rectified until Greece's demographics improve, which may take many years.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:53:40 PM

The problem is, above all else, an accounting problem, a significant factor of which is Greece's demographically imbalanced and fiscally strained labor force. This deal or that deal may be reached between Greece and its creditors, and deals may be broken, but the problem will not be fully rectified until Greece's demographics improve, which may take many years.

I totally agree with you 100% here and you hit one huge problem on the nail. Until Greeks are trained in areas where labor is most needed and Greeks also change their mentality away from all the brainwashing from their parents that they all have to go to Uni to become doctors and lawyers or singers and footballers and journalists lol and civil servants, then we might see the light of day. We need a full demographic and infrastructure overhaul..  Wink We can't always blame the outside forces that be, we need to get our own sh*t together.. and fast..

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:29:34 PM

Ok Greece saved temporarly. (we will come back here in 6 months when the liquididy assistance ends)

Next in line: Italy.

So make a thread: If Italy defaults Smiley

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:53:43 PM

Ok Greece saved temporarly. (we will come back here in 6 months when the liquididy assistance ends)

i don't think so, they are repeating that they are not in the same dangerous zone as greece, and their unemployment rate is going to be reduced from 12.6% to 11.9% withing 2015, this on top of an already previous reduction from 13% to 12.4%
Swordsoffreedom
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1115

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 09:31:25 PM

i don't think so, they are repeating that they are not in the same dangerous zone as greece, and their unemployment rate is going to be reduced from 12.6% to 11.9% withing 2015, this on top of an already previous reduction from 13% to 12.4%

Perhaps but they are considered relatively uncompetitive since joining the Eurozone and have felt the pain
They might be interested in leaving but we will see for now.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:06:20 PM

Well, I got it all wrong. When I checked the news before my last post, it seemed the Greek parliament would vote against the bailout. Still, I haven't changed my mind. The EU has already lost billions with Greece, and it's gonna lose many more. I hope BTC is going mainstream really soon. I'm still using € in my daily life and that currency is losing ground against the $ and the £.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: