Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miracles of Bible...  (Read 4601 times)
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:19:53 PM

The guy who wrote that book were on shrooms for sure! Fun-shrooms give a new perspective in a good way

it was written by more than one person.

I am listed as Cristian but I haven't even read more than 10 bible verses in all my life.  Lips sealed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:27:23 PM

Everything in the Bible cannot possibly be true (some of it happened, but not all), and once you start "interpreting" the fictional stories, then what? You might as well believe that Moses never died and he eventually turned into Satoshi.

Netpyder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 12:13:42 PM

You might as well believe that Moses never died and he eventually turned into Satoshi.

the best joke ive heard on this forum so far.. its hilarious

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:56:39 PM

You might as well believe that Moses never died and he eventually turned into Satoshi.

Yes it is funny. The husband of khadijah could not be satoshi indeed...

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Why did you lock your thread? I was planning to participate in it, the same way you participate in this one right here... Too bad.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:00:14 PM

The first miracle of the Bible is the creation, itself. Genesis 1:1,2 </snip>

Awww crap, BADecker is here, the Xtian equivalent of the Muslims who shut down the 'Miracles of the Quran' thread when facts got in the way of their delusional comfort-blanket.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:03:37 PM

The first miracle of the Bible is the creation, itself. Genesis 1:1,2 </snip>

Awww crap, BADecker is here, the Xtian equivalent of the Muslims who shut down the 'Miracles of the Quran' thread when facts got in the way of their delusional comfort-blanket.

Xslims?

Smiley

Netpyder

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 04:28:22 PM

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Why did you lock your thread? I was planning to participate in it, the same way you participate in this one right here... Too bad.

too many request to lock it. and these religious thread is just getting ridiculous. its not helping anyone learn or clear the misunderstandings. but more hate and more misunderstanding.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:46:05 PM

too many request to lock it. and these religious thread is just getting ridiculous. its not helping anyone learn or clear the misunderstandings. but more hate and more misunderstanding.

Too many requests to lock it? Fibber. The only people seeking to lock your Quran thread would be other Muslims, equally afraid of the facts and objective reasoning that you were unable to counter.

Here is a stone-cold fact for you:

You are a person who has been raised to believe in something simply on the basis that you are told to believe in it. That is called indoctrination.

Education, however, is what frees you, and those like you, from your theist indoctrination.

Unfortunately, however, part of your theist conditioning is to fear anything which might require you to maintain intellectual honesty and integrity. This is why you, and those like you from many different religions, will do anything to avoid actually conducting an objective debate about your belief, because theism *requires* a state of persistent intellectual dishonesty be maintained by its adherents.

Otherwise is falls apart under critical analysis.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:47:26 PM

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

I have to say... Compared to other forum threads on the internet, most here, coming from either side of a particular subjects are pretty self controlled.

Why would anyone start a thread, then to be forced to lock it if there were no personal threats? Maybe the people asking you to lock it have no self control of their emotion?

The only true deity that makes this particular forum alive is bitcoin. Once you realize this, everything here tastes like a delicious ice cream under a beautiful blue sky...

Smiley

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:31:02 AM

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:45:53 AM

Seeing these threads, I'm starting to think that religions were made by quarelling immortal siblings.

that is just an outstanding stupidity.
Netpyder

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:04:18 AM

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

I have to say... Compared to other forum threads on the internet, most here, coming from either side of a particular subjects are pretty self controlled.

Why would anyone start a thread, then to be forced to lock it if there were no personal threats? Maybe the people asking you to lock it have no self control of their emotion?

The only true deity that makes this particular forum alive is bitcoin. Once you realize this, everything here tastes like a delicious ice cream under a beautiful blue sky...

Smiley

got messages from both "parties" if i can say. asking me to lock it before it gets out of hands. so i did.

Professor Plums

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:18:17 AM

The first miracle of the Bible is the creation, itself. Genesis 1:1,2: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Why is this a miracle? Because nobody has a clue as to how it was done.

The greater miracle than the creation is the fact that God was willing to, and did, effect a method for saving the greatest part of His creation, the people, when they rebelled against Him. Genesis 3:1-19: Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

Saying 'god made it' isn't a miracle nor is it a satisfiable answer to the creation of the entire universe and everything in it. I guess sometimes people just turn off their brain and believe what they want to believe.

The scientists Christians who talk like they know a little, are only really guessing that the little they know might have a hint of truth bullshit to it.

Fixed.  Grin
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:47:40 AM

One "miracle" included in the bible I very much like comes from the Tower of Babel, during Genesis, which basically describes how god was afraid of what humans might be able to accomplish, should they put their minds to it, now that they were a single people with a single language - that coming from a sadistic, cruel, genocidal, overpowering bully, is quite encouraging. Smiley

The episode, as described by The Brick Testament (http://www.thebricktestament.com/home.html), now with more Lego:

The Tower of Babel

Genesis 11:1-2

Now all the earth had one language and spoke the same dialect.  When they moved to the east, they found a valley in the land of Shinar.

Genesis 11:2-4

They settled there and said to each other, 'Let's form bricks and bake them.  Let's build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky.  Let's make a name for ourselves, for otherwise we'll be scattered across the face of the earth.'

Genesis 11:3

They used bricks instead of stone, and asphalt for mortar.

Genesis 11:5-6

And Yahweh went down to see the city and the tower that the sons of humankind were building, and said, 'Look!  A single people with a single language, and this is what they start to do!  Now nothing they plan will be impossible for them!'

Genesis 11:7

'Come, let's go down and confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another.'

Genesis 11:8

And Yahweh scattered them from that place across the face of the earth.

Genesis 11:8

And they stopped building the city.

Genesis 11:9

That is why it was called Babel, because there Yahweh confused the language of all the earth.  And Yahweh scattered them from that place across the face of the earth.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:13:18 PM

why was it called babel? (serious question)
what's the meaning of "babel"?
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:10:35 PM

why was it called babel? (serious question)
what's the meaning of "babel"?

I assume it comes from the Hebrew for babel, meaning "to confuse", or "to confound", or something like that - as you'd expect from the story. It is also a name used when in reference to the city of Babylon.

The Akkadian form of the word however, from which "Babylon" apparently came from, seems to mean "Gate of God", or "Gateway of the God", if I understood correctly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon. Smiley
Ibelievetruly

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:42:16 PM

Seeing these threads, I'm starting to think that religions were made by quarelling immortal siblings.

My sister is christian and believes that the earth is flat...

Never underestimate the rampant stupidity that is abundant in all christian folk.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:04:00 PM

My sister is christian and believes that the earth is flat...

Never underestimate the rampant stupidity that is abundant in all christian folk.

I know a very hard core atheist (and vegetarian) who refuses to believe men ever walked on the surface of the moon. "All staged in a film studio in Nevada!!11!1!! Flag was moving!!1 There is no wind on the moon!!!1!!11!!1 Fake!!!!1!"

I will not, based on that one 'dude', believe every single atheist believes Neil Armstrong was an average B movie actor... But that's just me

Cool

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 05:26:07 PM

I don't know about the miracles of the bible or any other religious book in that respect but why people need to make fun of any religion?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:29:20 PM

I don't know about the miracles of the bible or any other religious book in that respect but why people need to make fun of any religion?

Can a religion have a sense of humor?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: