Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: centralized post of pirate payouts-It is over. Pirate@scammer admits default  (Read 80037 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:13:04 AM

Code:
[04:17] <@pirateat40> I'm handling the process as fast as possible.  At no point did I say it would be fast and easy, I said it would be done.  Thanks for your patience, I'm always watching.  Stay tuned.

Amazing how one could just refund the first few lenders as an act of good faith and just shut us all up. Instead... I think he likes the attention. I admit i find it all amusing though so it is a two way street.

That wouldn't shut you up and you know it.  He'll just wait until he's ready because full repayment is the only thing that will silence the peanut gallery.

But wouldn't a slow start help quiet everyone?

He's either asleep or headed there soon.  10 payments then 8 hours of silence will only create a frenzy.

Notme.. Maybe we are nonchalant about this whole thing because most of us do not send btc to strangers. You sound a bit stressed. Maybe pirate should apologize for his dramatics? It is not us, those who sent him nothing, that started this soap opera. Look in the mirror. You are simply reaping what you sowed.

I'm not worried in the least, just annoyed by people talking out their ass.  I didn't invest more than I can afford to lose, and I've taken out more than I put in.  My pass through customers have already been made whole from my personal funds.  I truly believe I will receive the rest of my funds, but if not I'll be just fine.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:16:43 AM

Code:
[04:17] <@pirateat40> I'm handling the process as fast as possible.  At no point did I say it would be fast and easy, I said it would be done.  Thanks for your patience, I'm always watching.  Stay tuned.

Amazing how one could just refund the first few lenders as an act of good faith and just shut us all up. Instead... I think he likes the attention. I admit i find it all amusing though so it is a two way street.

That wouldn't shut you up and you know it.  He'll just wait until he's ready because full repayment is the only thing that will silence the peanut gallery.

He's either asleep or headed there soon.  10 payments then 8 hours of silence will only create a frenzy.

Notme.. Maybe we are nonchalant about this whole thing because most of us do not send btc to strangers. You sound a bit stressed. Maybe pirate should apologize for his dramatics? It is not us, those who sent him nothing, that started this soap opera. Look in the mirror. You are simply reaping what you sowed.

I'm not worried in the least, just annoyed by people talking out their ass.  I didn't invest more than I can afford to lose, and I've taken out more than I put in.  My pass through customers have already been made whole from my personal funds.  I truly believe I will receive the rest of my funds, but if not I'll be just fine.

Translation: I participated as a proxie to a possible ponzi scheme and am damn proud of it whether i get my bitcoins from pirate or not because I and my customers at least broke even.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:23:41 AM

Code:

Translation: I participated as a proxie to a possible ponzi scheme and am damn proud of it whether i get my bitcoins from pirate or not because I and my customers at least broke even.

Cumulatively my customers made 89% ROI.  I will have that beat by a mile when pirate pays me, but for now I'm sitting on a small return.  I did my due diligence and I know how he made his profits.  He could still potentially scam us all, but he has the capacity to pay back in full.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:27:28 AM

Code:

Cumulatively my customers made 89% ROI.  I will have that beat by a mile when pirate pays me, but for now I'm sitting on a small return.  I did my due diligence and I know how he made his profits.  He could still potentially scam us all, but he has the capacity to pay back in full.

Translation: I'm okay with my small profits at the expense of others losing in this possibly criminalistic endeavour.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:40:29 PM

Code:

Translation: I'm okay with my small profits at the expense of others losing in this possibly criminalistic endeavour.

you're an idiot.
translation: you're an idiot.
Timbert33

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:45:26 PM

Code:

A pretty intelligent person pointed out the very obvious to me. He told me that it's almost impossible to have a business (even illegal) return 7% per week to pay that interest back, and if you COULD get that return, you would be paying back interest immediately and not letting it compound, so you would make much more profit in the long run. Why would pirate continue to grow his "fund" (and therefore pay more and more in interest over time) if he had a profitable business and could pay back his investors?

Oh wait... there's no answer for that because all this shit was a scam/ponzi. Derp.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:50:48 PM

Everything seems to be in order.

But I found the supply chain.  Grin

Hope it's gonna last this week....
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:22:19 PM

I was hoping to learn if folks are getting their funds back or not. Anyone?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:25:31 PM

Look deep into your heart and ask your question again.
You'll know the right answer.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:31:33 PM

I'd still like to hear it from them  Grin

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 05:33:26 PM

I'd still like to hear it from them  Grin

If anybody gets it back they'd be bragging all over the forum. Hard to miss.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:07:18 PM

People from both sides of the ponzi/no ponzi argument seem so convinced of themselves. One only side can be right though. It's hard to believe they're sharing the same reality.

cjgames.com
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:09:53 PM

People from both sides of the ponzi/no ponzi argument seem so convinced of themselves. One only side can be right though. It's hard to believe they're sharing the same reality.

And which side are you on? I think the most damning evidence is that no one can name a business that makes sustained profits of greater than 7% weekly (to pay all that interest), and would continue to grow it's principal balance to millions of dollars instead of paying the interest and principal back and keeping all the business profits for themselves.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:12:26 PM

Schroedinger's ponzi?

also to timbert, "OMG I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" is not "damning evidence"

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:18:40 PM

Schroedinger's ponzi?

Well, it's impossible to make 7% weekly interest for an extended period, so there's no way he's paying back. If you have some evidence in the history of the world where a business has grown AT LEAST at that rate (it'd have to be higher for him to also profit), then please show me it. This is to the point of fiscal impossibility, and therefore it's pretty damning evidence. I don't think "OMG I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" is a good summation of what I've written so far, but good try buddy.

AND to make it even more obvious, he would have paid back his loan and principal to own that business and make more money for himself if it was real.

quick edit: There is the possibility of a business growing at 7% weekly in its infancy, but now that pirate's fund broke 500k btc ($5MM), it's pretty damn unrealistic. Basically the odds are OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of this being a scam, but we'll see for sure in a week.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:23:44 PM

Schroedinger's ponzi?

Well, it's impossible to make 7% weekly interest for an extended period, so there's no way he's paying back. If you have some evidence in the history of the world where a business has grown AT LEAST at that rate (it'd have to be higher for him to also profit), then please show me it. This is to the point of fiscal impossibility, and therefore it's pretty damning evidence. I don't think "OMG I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" is a good summation of what I've written so far, but good try buddy.

AND to make it even more obvious, he would have paid back his loan and principal to own that business and make more money for himself if it was real.

Forget about business, any system that grows at 7% per cycle will essentially double every 10 cycles. We've known that to be unsustainable since the days of the grains on wheat on the chessboard... that's why I wonder is there's any evidence for pirate holding 500k BTC beyond him saying so. I find it hard to believe that people would fall for this to the tune of a half million BTC.
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:27:01 PM

Schroedinger's ponzi?

Forget about business, any system that grows at 7% per cycle will essentially double every 10 cycles. We've known that to be unsustainable since the days of the grains on wheat on the chessboard... that's why I wonder is there's any evidence for pirate holding 500k BTC beyond him saying so. I find it hard to believe that people would fall for this to the tune of a half million BTC.

Yeah, it's feasible for some illegal businesses in their infancy, but it's not feasible for an extended period, clearly. The 500k BTC wallet was in that thread of the 500 largest BTC holders. It's possible that it did not belong to pirate, though, that may have just been a guess, but it seems to fit together.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:27:58 PM

Assumptions and stupidity

You don't know shit so stop talking as if you do.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:30:56 PM

Schroedinger's ponzi?

Yeah, it's feasible for some illegal businesses in their infancy, but it's not feasible for an extended period, clearly. The 500k BTC wallet was in that thread of the 500 largest BTC holders. It's possible that it did not belong to pirate, though, that may have just been a guess, but it seems to fit together.

It would've been a pretty trivial thing for him to prove he controls that wallet, though. There are several other explanations for a 500k BTC wallet around. I think people believing pirate controls half a million BTC is very much part of his plan... my guess, there aren't 500k BTC worth of stupid  Grin
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:31:17 PM

maybe pirate is just a really nice guy and he wanted to give away a lot of money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: