Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: centralized post of pirate payouts-It is over. Pirate@scammer admits default  (Read 80037 times)
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:17:39 PM

Assumptions and stupidity

You don't know shit so stop talking as if you do.

Stop name calling and think for a second about that return rate. If he had 500k bitcoins, 7% of that is 35K bitcoins ~$350K. Want to explain how he is going to pay that out EVERY WEEK? You're hilariously stupid, or you're just trolling, which is whatever. If you're not trolling, care to justify your position in any way?

I didn't name call, that's just another one of your stupid assumptions, I have no proof either way but i am not the one saying 100% That anything is anything, you are, with no evidence, and then calling it evidence, which is stupidity

As Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. You also have no evidence that I don't have a dragon... yet the burden of proof is on me to show I do. If I don't show it, I'm lying about having a dragon.
The 'extraordinary evidence' will be known in a couple of weeks, So unless you have something other than "OMG THERE IS NO PROOFS" I will continue to call it stupid to make accusations with no evidence but a lack of evidence, especially at a point where you can't even claim to be trying to save people from depositing

If you claimed to have a dragon and refused to offer proof, I would think you might have a dragon but it doesn't effect me, even if I did assume you had no dragon, I would see no need to claim that as fact without any evidence of a lack of dragon

If you were claiming to have a dragon in a brand new ecosystem with extremely fast evolution, and the reason you can't show proof yet is because the proof would show people how to make their own dragons which would stop you from running your dragon farm... I would be more inclined to believe you may be telling the truth... And would defend you against people with no evidence saying dragons are impossible.

Ack, that's just bad science and bad logic. You're essentially saying with any new system we're supposed to suspend the logic that has worked on every other system IN ITS ENTIRETY! That's how religions happen.

If I make the assertion that I can double the amount of any system in ten weeks, over and over, by using some method, it is incumbent upon me to either explain the method (the very concept of open source) or produce the results. My understanding is that neither has happened, even though there was a promise that one of them (showing the results) would happen. This reinforces the notion that you cannot create a system that doubles the number of bitcoins every ten weeks, among other things because the laws of mathematics being what they are, you'd run out of bitcoins in pretty short order.

Ergo, on the face of it, it's a scam. The claim that it isn't a scam constitutes extraordinary evidence, and absent it (as it happens to be), it's a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timbert33

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:24:01 PM

Stop name calling and think for a second about that return rate. If he had 500k bitcoins, 7% of that is 35K bitcoins ~$350K. Want to explain how he is going to pay that out EVERY WEEK? You're hilariously stupid, or you're just trolling, which is whatever. If you're not trolling, care to justify your position in any way?

I didn't name call, that's just another one of your stupid assumptions, I have no proof either way but i am not the one saying 100% That anything is anything, you are, with no evidence, and then calling it evidence, which is stupidity

As Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. You also have no evidence that I don't have a dragon... yet the burden of proof is on me to show I do. If I don't show it, I'm lying about having a dragon.
The 'extraordinary evidence' will be known in a couple of weeks, So unless you have something other than "OMG THERE IS NO PROOFS" I will continue to call it stupid to make accusations with no evidence but a lack of evidence, especially at a point where you can't even claim to be trying to save people from depositing

If you claimed to have a dragon and refused to offer proof, I would think you might have a dragon but it doesn't effect me, even if I did assume you had no dragon, I would see no need to claim that as fact without any evidence of a lack of dragon

If you were claiming to have a dragon in a brand new ecosystem with extremely fast evolution, and the reason you can't show proof yet is because the proof would show people how to make their own dragons which would stop you from running your dragon farm... I would be more inclined to believe you may be telling the truth... And would defend you against people with no evidence saying dragons are impossible.

Now it's "a couple weeks"? He said he'd be paying out over THIS week. You're pretty ridiculous, and I expect your attitude and world view to change once you've been scammed a few times. I think you might be too stubborn to learn your first time... lol. How much did you invest in pirate??
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:35:32 PM

Ack, that's just bad science and bad logic. You're essentially saying with any new system we're supposed to suspend the logic that has worked on every other system IN ITS ENTIRETY! That's how religions happen.

If I make the assertion that I can double the amount of any system in ten weeks, over and over, by using some method, it is incumbent upon me to either explain the method (the very concept of open source) or produce the results. My understanding is that neither has happened, even though there was a promise that one of them (showing the results) would happen. This reinforces the notion that you cannot create a system that doubles the number of bitcoins every ten weeks, among other things because the laws of mathematics being what they are, you'd run out of bitcoins in pretty short order.

Ergo, on the face of it, it's a scam. The claim that it isn't a scam constitutes extraordinary evidence, and absent it (as it happens to be), it's a scam.
I said I would be more likely to believe him, not suspend logic in its entirety ...
And "impossible" in a new system I think is also an extraordinary claim ...
I saw enough possibility that Pirate could be doing what he says he is so I placed my bet, I will find out soon if it was the right choice, and even if I am wrong I won't change my mind, Calling something a scam with no proof is stupidity, Saying you know something as a fact when you know shit is stupidity, There was a fair amount of people on team ponzi that did it right, they didn't claim to know it was a scam they just pointed out how many similarities there were and let people make their own choices, I Think Matthews reason for his bet said it best:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751.0

Now it's "a couple weeks"? He said he'd be paying out over THIS week. You're pretty ridiculous, and I expect your attitude and world view to change once you've been scammed a few times. I think you might be too stubborn to learn your first time... lol. How much did you invest in pirate??
The bet he has with vandroiy is for two weeks after he announces closure, so I was going by that.
I choose not to assume people are doing the wrong thing without evidence
I lent enough to be well worth my time should I be right, and not enough to have any lasting effect should I be wrong.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
drakahn

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:40:18 PM

Half an hour before this post you called all lenders "fucktards" ...

hypocrite much?

Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:42:03 PM

I said I would be more likely to believe him, not suspend logic in its entirety ...
And "impossible" in a new system I think is also an extraordinary claim ...
I saw enough possibility that Pirate could be doing what he says he is so I placed my bet, I will find out soon if it was the right choice, and even if I am wrong I won't change my mind, Calling something a scam with no proof is stupidity, Saying you know something as a fact when you know shit is stupidity, There was a fair amount of people on team ponzi that did it right, they didn't claim to know it was a scam they just pointed out how many similarities there were and let people make their own choices, I Think Matthews reason for his bet said it best:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751.0

The bet he has with vandroiy is for two weeks after he announces closure, so I was going by that.
I choose not to assume people are doing the wrong thing without evidence
I lent enough to be well worth my time should I be right, and not enough to have any lasting effect should I be wrong.

So, if you get an e-mail asking someone to send you a money order for $500, and that they will return $1000 to you in a month's time, you'll just assume that's legit until you have proof that it's not (once you've lost your money)? You're a fool and just making yourself look dumber and dumber every time you post. You should probably stop.

Or better yet, just send me 100 btc and I'll return 200 in a week!
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:44:09 PM

Half an hour before this post you called all lenders "fucktards" ...

hypocrite much?

Anyone that lent money to pirate based on his outlandish claims with no knowledge of his "business" is probably a little bit daft, yes. No one would do this with USD, so why would they think it would work out better with btc??
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:46:05 PM

Please, can we take the ponzi/no-ponzi argument elsewhere? It just eats up thread space, especially when you both quote each other several levels deep.

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:49:34 PM

Please, can we take the ponzi/no-ponzi argument elsewhere? It just eats up thread space, especially when you both quote each other several levels deep.
Whats even better is that the other pirate payback thread is already generating rumors based on false information in this one.
fcmatt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:15:27 PM

When I learn of actual news I will post it in the first post. I wanted this to be a centralized place with
solid info but in reality with a total lack of information except for some IRC logs and ?bitlane? private messages
we have nothing.

Until then.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:22:09 PM

When I learn of actual news I will post it in the first post. I wanted this to be a centralized place with
solid info but in reality with a total lack of information except for some IRC logs and ?bitlane? private messages
we have nothing.

Until then.

Um delay and pirate's confirmed PMs with bitlane show that pirate can't deliver. Sorry hasn't delivered by his own words...

Default in my opinion.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

drakahn

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:31:11 PM

we have nothing.

Until then.

Um delay and pirate's confirmed PMs with bitlane show that pirate can't deliver. Sorry hasn't delivered by his own words...

Default in my opinion.
As you keep saying, however it has not yet been one week (what pirate said he SHOULD be able to do) two weeks (The bet with vandroiy) or three weeks (MNW's bet)... so... Just like everything else you say it doesn't mean shit and you have nothing to back it up

gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:35:41 PM

it has not yet been one week (what pirate said he SHOULD be able to do) two weeks (The bet with vandroiy) or three weeks (MNW's bet)

See guys, there is a perfectly good explanation!

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
drakahn

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:44:50 PM

What is that a reference to?
I was addressing smoothie's opinion of pirate defaulting, how his opinion doesn't matter and what opinions do matter

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:54:09 PM

[10:44] <@pirateat40> Anduck, I really thought this initial process would happen faster than it has. Sad
[10:44] <Anduck> pirateat40: what's causing the delay?
[10:46] <@pirateat40> Anduck, the price movements.
[10:46] <Anduck> pirateat40: u been selling or buying`
[10:47] <@pirateat40> Anduck, just blocking buys and selling the coins out of the system.

Look at pirate shit himself.

Trying to generate coins on the market? lol .......fail!

Edit: "Selling the coins out of the system" A.K.A. ...buying bitcoins! System = USD

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:01:41 PM

[10:44] <@pirateat40> Anduck, I really thought this initial process would happen faster than it has. Sad
[10:47] <@pirateat40> Anduck, just blocking buys and selling the coins out of the system.

Edit: "Selling the coins out of the system" A.K.A. ...buying bitcoins! System = USD

Aah, i see you finaly switched to the extra durable double thick tin foil!
Niiice...
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:03:37 PM

Smoothie, when did this chat take place?

Mousepotato
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:04:28 PM

just now.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:06:08 PM

Yeah, it must suck when you try to bring down the market to buy coins at a lower price and other people do it ahead of you...  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:06:38 PM

Smoothie, when did this chat take place?

A few min before I posted.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:11:03 PM

A few min before I posted.

I wish he'd just give us some kind of official word on the status of his progress.

Mousepotato
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: