Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: centralized post of pirate payouts-It is over. Pirate@scammer admits default  (Read 80036 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:30:47 AM

This is the wild west of investing, there are no police and no regulatory bodies protecting anyone - you do what you have to do to protect your money.

Thankfully there are police protecting innocent people in McKinney, TX.  How is going after random people who may be related to an internet scammer protecting money?  If anything, you'll just end up producing more negative news about bitcoin.  

By that logic if Pirate ends up in jail doing 10-20 for conspiracy to commit fraud & operating a ponzi scheme you will feel justice is served.  Right?  I mean you can't have your cake and eat it too.  Maybe he can bunk with Madoff and they can trade tips on how to run it better "next time".

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  I don't give a shit about pirate -- if there are charges brought against him and a jury of his peers convicts him of a crime, then great.  My posts have been in regards to an idiot who posted personal details of pirate's family.  

Moral of the story: Don't scam people out of millions of dollars if you value the privacy of your family.  Before it is all said and done a lot more is going to happen then some internet posts.  It is just human nature.  Even if 99% of the victims take it lying down it only takes the 1%.

Still the poutrage is getting kinda old.  You are a SA troll.  Your telling me that has never happened at SA?  Did you going around ranting everytime it happened?  I think not.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:34:30 AM

All you SA newfags should really be banned from here. I love how you have no issue coming and blasting Bitcoin, blasting everyone as being fucking dumb for falling victem to a scam. And then have the fucking naive audacity to try and form some moral highroad against violence. FUCK YOU!

Are you requesting that I call a whaaaambulance for you?

I am formally requesting that Theymos start charging admission for newfags. Maybe then you'll be more inclined to stay over there in your troll cave while you attempt to grow into a proper Oldfag...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:39:36 AM

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  I don't give a shit about pirate -- if there are charges brought against him and a jury of his peers convicts him of a crime, then great.  My posts have been in regards to an idiot who posted personal details of pirate's family.  
I was told one of the reasons we could trust Pirate was that we knew who he was. Was I misinformed?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:39:50 AM

Moral of the story: Don't scam people out of millions of dollars if you value the privacy of your family.  Before it is all said and done a lot more is going to happen then some internet posts.  It is just human nature.  Even if 99% of the victims take it lying down it only takes the 1%.

I'm really doubting much more than internet posts will happen.  As I've stated, if people are dumb enough to invest in an obvious scam, they'll probably have trouble putting on their pants before failing miserably at driving to Texas to threaten some internet dude's sister.  But yeah, you're right, it just takes one person to go and do something really stupid.  Instead of the internet machismo, why haven't all of the people who invested in the obvious scam contacted the McKinney police?  
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:40:12 AM

Why are you so defensive about a a possible scammer getting all his dox handed over to the party van ?

These guys will make the police job a lot easier with what they dig up if something nefarious is going on.

Because what if you're wrong?  There's a reason we have law enforcement. 

I remember when 4chan tracked down a kitten torturer to his house based simply on a reflection in a picture the guy posted. If pirate slipped up even once he will be found. The guy likes to brag and jingle his coins and that makes him careless  Smiley

BorderBits

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:41:42 AM

I am formally requesting that Theymos start charging admission for newfags. Maybe then you'll be more inclined to stay over there in your troll cave while you attempt to grow into a proper Oldfag...

What's with the homophobia, dude?  Even most 14 year olds now days have realized that calling someone a fag isn't cool. 
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:43:25 AM

Moral of the story: Don't scam people out of millions of dollars if you value the privacy of your family.  Before it is all said and done a lot more is going to happen then some internet posts.  It is just human nature.  Even if 99% of the victims take it lying down it only takes the 1%.

I'm really doubting much more than internet posts will happen.  As I've stated, if people are dumb enough to invest in an obvious scam, they'll probably have trouble putting on their pants before failing miserably at driving to Texas to threaten some internet dude's sister.  But yeah, you're right, it just takes one person to go and do something really stupid.  Instead of the internet machismo, why haven't all of the people who invested in the obvious scam contacted the McKinney police?  

Im sure they will when/if the official default happens

A default will be construed to have occurred, if at any time prior to October 1 2013, 00.01 UTC, BTCST will be late by at least 14 calendar days, in disbursing either any regularly-scheduled interest payment, or any withdrawal request, by a valid account holder of BTCST.

Lurk moar.

bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:45:54 AM

The official default has already happened .  He has admitted he can't pay the loans back because he doesn't have the coin.  I'm sure people are already on their way.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:46:24 AM

GPUMAX is also registered to Don Shrents http://whois.domaintools.com/gpumax.com

More on this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50577.msg602885#msg602885

btclending.com is redirected to GPUMAX, same Don Shrents behind it.

However, averagecitizen.com is still for sale and surprise... (http://whois.domaintools.com/averagecitizen.com)

Domain name: averagecitizen.com
  Is the domain you want taken? Make an offer:
http://www.afternic.com/rcom.php?ref_id=2987&name=averagecitizen.com

Registrant Contact:
   Todd Taunton
   Todd Taunton ()

Fax:
   3305 Palmtree Drive
   Mckinney, TX 75070
   US

Administrative Contact:
   Todd Taunton
   Todd Taunton ()
   +1.9725295671
   Fax:
   8105 Oakcrest Drive
   Mckinney, TX 75070
   US

I remember finding the site, but didn't follow the Todd lead until now.

Phone number matches here: http://tx.bizdirlib.com/business_directory/The_OMT_Group%3B_L.L.C.

Company Name:
   The OMT Group; L.L.C.
Brief:
The OMT Group; L.L.C. is a U.S. company in 'MC KINNEY, Texas' , belongs to Services NEC industry.
   U.S.A. - United States
State:
   TX - Texas
Buy Texas Business Directory Data
City:
   MC KINNEY
Address:
   3305 Palmtree Drive
ZIP Code:

Phone Number:
   9725295671, (972)529-5671
Fax Number:
   null
Web Address:
   GEORGEBUSH2004.NET
Email:
   toddtaunton@yahoo.com

Of which OMT Group LLC leads me to here: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=13927935&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=Sizz&locale=en_US&srchid=df616ad8-ae35-4f45-91b3-2c8812800a05-0&srchindex=1&srchtotal=129&goback=%2Efps_PBCK_Jason+Baird_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link

Jason Baird
Marketing and Consulting
Dallas/Fort Worth Area Marketing and Advertising
Current   
Partner at Weboutsourcing.com
Previous   
AT&T, Unix System Laboratories de Mexico
Education   
MBA at Thunderbird School of Global Management

Lots of experience with meeting with client, hearing about their objectives, giving them proposals on how best to reach those objectives online and implementing the solution and continuing on with promotion. Lots of work with web sites, extranet, intranets, ecommerce, SEO, PPC, affiliate programs, Second Life, ad nauseum.

Specialties
branding and identity, ecommerce, web site promotion, intranet, extranet, etc.

sadpandatech

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:47:26 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2012, 11:44:05 AM by sadpandatech

What's with the homophobia, dude?  Even most 14 year olds now days have realized that calling someone a fag isn't cool.  

So you're saying you have a problem with my being an Oldfag?  Your retorts are weaksauce, m8... you serisouly need more time in the newfag zone before you go trollin' outside your cave..

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

BorderBits

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:47:36 AM

A default will be construed to have occurred, if at any time prior to October 1 2013, 00.01 UTC, BTCST will be late by at least 14 calendar days, in disbursing either any regularly-scheduled interest payment, or any withdrawal request, by a valid account holder of BTCST.

Lurk moar.

Seems that would be the sensible course of action over creepily internet stalking dude's relatives.  
BorderBits

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:49:29 AM

What's with the homophobia, dude?  Even most 14 year olds now days have realized that calling someone a fag isn't cool. 

So you're saying you have a problem with my being and Oldfag?  Your retorts are weaksauce, m8... you serisouly need more time in the newfag zone before you go trollin' outside your cave..

Great, you sound like a whiny homophobic idiot. Congrats on that, I guess. 
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:51:30 AM

So you fucking idiots are going after some dude's family because you're too dumb and greedy to not invest in a scam?  Muh Gosh.  You know all of you dumb fucks will invest in the next one as well. 

Dont fuck with peoples money.

You dumb fucks gave a person who was running an obvious scam money.  You lost.  Give up.  Don't fuck with some dude's family.  Idiot.

Why not? He is fucking with theirs!

Holy fuck, you're stupid.  What part of investing in an obvious Ponzi made you think you would ever see your money again?  Dude took it.  You lost.  Luckily most of you idiots are as incompetent at everything else in life as you are about "investing," so I think these people should be safe other than dealing with creepy mouth-breathers calling them at all hours of the night ranting about some internet money.   

Edit:  Thank you moderators for taking that shit down. 

Basically right. Seeing a lot of posturing about wanting to hurt this guy, but he ran a pretty good scam because I'm not even sure he ever lied to his so-called victims. Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns!

You decided to gamble on a clear scam and lost; I don't have much sympathy for that, and I have absolutely none for harassing innocents.

And as for innocents, I gotta say that Pirate's best promoters on this board are not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. Most of you, I think, knew damn well what you were doing: trying to sign up enough suckers so you could get a big payday before the music stops. If your timing/gamble was bad, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:53:08 AM

Ref:bitcoiners post

That cached site gives a 4th telephone number 877-675-6006

This is the second post on this page that I have already provided info a couple days ago--them too gone. Please don't tell me that Pirate is a mod or admin on this forum.

~Bruno~
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:56:24 AM

Seems the noobs got more sense than some bitcoin veterans

On the idea of "investing" in an semi-anonymous guy going by the pseudonym of "Pirate":
It's like calling a guy named pedo to come as a clown-act for a kids party.
bitcoinsydney

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:57:40 AM

Lurk moar.

Seems that would be the sensible course of action over creepily internet stalking dude's relatives.  

What's creepy about getting scammed and wanting retribution? I don't scam people because I like my family and wouldn't want them dragged in to anything crazy. Perhaps pirate should have thought about that. Though I say again, maybe he's a genius and has covered his tracks brilliantly and is in Jamaica. Good for him if that's the case. Otherwise, the internet will turn him in to a lesson for future scammers to improve their execution.
Sp0tter

Activity: 285

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:00:47 AM

Watching w/ interest. Would be nice for at least ONE Bitcoin thief to get busted.

Anyone else chuckle at this pun?

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
sadpandatech

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:02:32 AM

Great, you sound like a whiny homophobic idiot. Congrats on that, I guess. 

- GA

BorderBits

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:03:43 AM

What's creepy about getting scammed and wanting retribution?

Retribution is not going after someone's family who probably has no idea what the hell their idiot brother or son did.  
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:05:11 AM

What's creepy about getting scammed and wanting retribution?

Retribution is not going after someone's family who probably has no idea what the hell their idiot brother or son did.  

Then why did his dads website go down as well?  At the same time mind you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: