Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: centralized post of pirate payouts-It is over. Pirate@scammer admits default  (Read 80037 times)
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:24:15 PM

We will only know if someone will use violence and they get caught?
We'll know if people attempt to get the authorities involved. Either they'll succeed, and then we're not on a desert island, or they'll fail, and then we are.

What are they going to do, complain that a man took their Internet moneys? It would be regarded by the police as the equivalent of stealing someone's NX points or ISK. They'll set the matter aside and we're still screwed.
If that happens, then we live on a desert island.

So let us just say we are on a desert island and we use force... What happens if the people we use force against calls the police? Still on the desert island??

Depends on your mobile providers coverage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:30:55 PM

I don't think cops or lawyers is what pirate should be running from.
Some big bitcoin users are also in black market/drugs.
Those people use guns.
He's not just playing with nerd-miners and linux-enthusiasts..

And as people say investors deserve to loose their coins,
IN the same logic pirate then deserves to end up in an aftermath of this whole story that would be a great CSI episode.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:33:18 PM

Those people use guns.

And as people say investors deserve to loose their coins,
IN the same logic pirate then deserves to end up in an aftermath of this whole story that would be a great CSI episode.

Hey, we already hit The Good Wife, maybe CSI is next  Grin
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:45:14 PM

Those people use guns.

Huge profit motive for a criminal as well.
Should they succeed not only would they get the coins they gave to pirate back, they would get the rest as well...
@ estimated 500k coins we are talking a liquid and easily moveable $5mil usd.

Well the problem is there is no 500K coins, there never was.  Still whatever amount actually exists (100K?) is still sizable.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:49:47 PM

We'll know if people attempt to get the authorities involved. Either they'll succeed, and then we're not on a desert island, or they'll fail, and then we are.

What are they going to do, complain that a man took their Internet moneys? It would be regarded by the police as the equivalent of stealing someone's NX points or ISK. They'll set the matter aside and we're still screwed.

All this talk of desert Islands and violence has given me stroke of inspiration! Forget pirate and his flakey business model invest with me and I can offer money you've only dreamed of with a completely transparent business plan:

We get a film crew onto an isolated beautiful tropical Island along with 40 contenders each from different countries kitted up with a grand in cash strapped in velcro around their chest and a pair of boxing gloves.

With that battle royal type film that recently came out still all the rage this could be the show of the year with only one rule, winner takes all!

We could get an old chinese guy that looks like something like a Chinese marshal arts master to sit on a high chair looking down at the action and doing commentary as everyone battles for the glory of their country and the hope of walking away with 40k cash.

A television company in every country in the world would buy rights to this, after all who in the world wouldn't want to watch contenders from every corner of the globe kicking the shit out of each other with the ultimate goal of walking away with a handsome sum of money.

I think we could do this on a fraction of the budget you guys have donated to pirate and produce something really spectacular that could go down in television history.

If anyone's interested I'll cost it up on a spreadsheet, only serious investors contact me I'm looking for a minimum of 1000 bitcoin contributions with returns on a pro rata basis.

Think ya cant? bit ya can! Bitcoin

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 12:51:30 PM

Those people use guns.

Huge profit motive for a criminal as well.
Should they succeed not only would they get the coins they gave to pirate back, they would get the rest as well...
@ estimated 500k coins we are talking a liquid and easily moveable $5mil usd.

Well the problem is there is no 500K coins, there never was.  Still whatever amount actually exists (100K?) is still sizable.

How much security will 100k coins buy pirateat40?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:11:25 PM

he didnt even take it ,it was voluntarily given to him

It was voluntarily given to him with the condition that he return it with interest. If he was running a scam, he never intended to return it. That means he lied to everyone, and he broke the conditions of lending. People will assume a right to seek recourse of equal measure from this, in every single scale of trading in every scope of every market everywhere.
DanielVG

Activity: 266

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:12:53 PM

All this talk of desert Islands and violence has given me stroke of inspiration! Forget pirate and his flakey business model invest with me and I can offer money you've only dreamed of with a completely transparent business plan:

We get a film crew onto an isolated beautiful tropical Island along with 40 contenders each from different countries kitted up with a grand in cash strapped in velcro around their chest and a pair of boxing gloves.

With that battle royal type film that recently came out still all the rage this could be the show of the year with only one rule, winner takes all!

We could get an old chinese guy that looks like something like a Chinese marshal arts master to sit on a high chair looking down at the action and doing commentary as everyone battles for the glory of their country and the hope of walking away with 40k cash.

A television company in every country in the world would buy rights to this, after all who in the world wouldn't want to watch contenders from every corner of the globe kicking the shit out of each other with the ultimate goal of walking away with a handsome sum of money.

I think we could do this on a fraction of the budget you guys have donated to pirate and produce something really spectacular that could go down in television history.

If anyone's interested I'll cost it up on a spreadsheet, only serious investors contact me I'm looking for a minimum of 1000 bitcoin contributions with returns on a pro rata basis.

I want to help.
I have a degree in film making and sound engineering and am currently a sound technician.

I worked 2 years for TV, mixing sound for big live shows like MTV awards
5 years sound and light in opera and musical
7 years sound in rock n roll in summer.

I can set up a rider of needed equipment and organize  the technical dispatch/install.
I'm not cheap though, but can reach the quality demands easily.

-I don't think "boxing gloves" would work well though.
-the chinese guy has been done before, people will call it rip off on launch. launch day is the ONLY important day.  
-non lethal weapons don't work on TV, as they don't look dangerous.
-You need nearly(-but-still-non-)lethal weapons like tasers, gas grenades and pepperspray.
Very good drama, makes nice pictures.
-And the money should be stored centralized as gold coins in a treasure, it would enhance the effect of unreachable and big treasure+ a nice picture for commercials.
-We should call it "Pirates!" and dress everyone up like a pirate. Drop them on the island with a big drama scene of a shipwreck and a lot of Hans Zimmer music. po po po poooooooo da daaaaaaa etc
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:20:18 PM

It was voluntarily given to him with the condition that he return it with interest. If he was running a scam, he never intended to return it. That means he lied to everyone, and he broke the conditions of lending.

As much as it literally FUCKING KILLS me to point this out (and the 'sockpuppet' backlash I will take for it)

1) He has stuck around, saying he will make it right.
2) Trading Volume makes things look promising over the last couple days.
3) Heat has been felt, as the suppression of certain 'online' info has begun.

Do I believe I will get my account closed on time or at all ? WHO KNOWS.

Have I had contingencies in place in case of this ? YES.

Am I prepared to risk a $25k+ 'investment' to see this through ? FUCKING RIGHTS.

With the above in mind, I will be happy to see my balance credited to me properly, as agreed and will refrain from further pursuit in the matter.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 01:22:18 PM

It was voluntarily given to him with the condition that he return it with interest. If he was running a scam, he never intended to return it. That means he lied to everyone, and he broke the conditions of lending.

As much as it literally FUCKING KILLS me to point this out (and the 'sockpuppet' backlash I will take for it)

Am I prepared to risk a $25k+ 'investment' to see this through ? FUCKING RIGHTS.

With the above in mind, I will be happy to see my balance credited to me properly, as agreed and will refrain from further pursuit in the matter.

Anyone that claims you are a sockpuppet for pirate should be slapped.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
BTCurious

Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:22:51 PM

unignored you for a while. No promises it will last Wink

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:24:12 PM

Correction he has stuck around saying he will TRY to make it right.  It just simply is way beyond his abilities to do so.  I expect he will eventually return something.  Maybe 10 bitcents on the coin. The rest will have been eaten up as interest to those who withdrew before it went bust, his failed business "strategy" (very loose use of the word), and his spending of paper profits when things were looking good.

Has anyone asked if the "Meet & Greet a Pirate" was financed on the investors dime?
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:27:13 PM

Pirate is probably competent enough of a scammer to confuse y'all with fake domain name registration names to distract you. Just sayin'.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:27:21 PM

Correction he has stuck around saying he will TRY to make it right.  It just simply is way beyond his abilities to do so.  I expect he will eventually return something.  Maybe 10 bitcents on the coin. The rest will have been eaten up as interest to those who withdrew before it went bust, his failed business "strategy" (very loose use of the word), and his spending of paper profits when things were looking good.

Has anyone asked if the "Meet & Greet a Pirate" was financed on the investors dime?

Also, let's not lose sight of the fact that "sticking around" in this context, isn't exactly inviting people over to his house for dinner... sporadic appearances on IRC don't really amount to a whole lot of sticking around, and can better be explained by him trying to buy some time.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:27:51 PM

I can say with some certainty, THAT is pretty much a given, considering none of the 'guests' at the Last Supper had to pay their own bill.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 01:29:06 PM

Do we know what the actual total losses are? I mean, I presume there are plenty of people who have gotten their original investment back and maybe even some interest...and plenty of people wanting the huge amount of interest they were promised...the net effect may be small...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:29:59 PM

Pirate is probably competent enough of a scammer to confuse y'all with fake domain name registration names to distract you. Just sayin'.

He can't hide everyone. In the last day or 2, he has tried.....but that ship sailed months ago.

100% of the info that has been removed from the 'Net is already in the possession of those that can use it best....and has been for over half a year.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 01:34:16 PM

Do we know what the actual total losses are? I mean, I presume there are plenty of people who have gotten their original investment back and maybe even some interest...and plenty of people wanting the huge amount of interest they were promised...the net effect may be small...

i doubt most of the people followed the rule for high risk investments to pay out the initial investment as soon as possible.

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:10:29 PM

Also, let's not lose sight of the fact that "sticking around" in this context, isn't exactly inviting people over to his house for dinner... sporadic appearances on IRC don't really amount to a whole lot of sticking around, and can better be explained by him trying to buy some time.

I'm pretty sure he's still lurking on these forums, reading away and either giggling or sobbing to himself.

I wonder if he'll do a full disclosure at the end of the fortnight if he doesn't have the coin (and isn't scamming).
Chang Hum

Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:13:35 PM

I want to help.
I have a degree in film making and sound engineering and am currently a sound technician.

I worked 2 years for TV, mixing sound for big live shows like MTV awards
5 years sound and light in opera and musical
7 years sound in rock n roll in summer.

I can set up a rider of needed equipment and organize  the technical dispatch/install.
I'm not cheap though, but can reach the quality demands easily.

-I don't think "boxing gloves" would work well though.
-the chinese guy has been done before, people will call it rip off on launch. launch day is the ONLY important day.  
-non lethal weapons don't work on TV, as they don't look dangerous.
-You need nearly(-but-still-non-)lethal weapons like tasers, gas grenades and pepperspray.
Very good drama, makes nice pictures.
-And the money should be stored centralized as gold coins in a treasure, it would enhance the effect of unreachable and big treasure+ a nice picture for commercials.
-We should call it "Pirates!" and dress everyone up like a pirate. Drop them on the island with a big drama scene of a shipwreck and a lot of Hans Zimmer music. po po po poooooooo da daaaaaaa etc

I'll start a new thread about it and PM you the link let's make it happen I half 1/5 a million and some good contributors and we could have ourselves a TV show!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: