Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you would be able to get back in early 2009, what would you do?  (Read 3452 times)
louise123

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:20:13 AM

I would have mined the shit out of it and spend every extra penny I had on buying more.
Then when it hit $1200 I would sell a portion of it.
Then buy it all back now  Wink

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:14:11 AM

well i would mine bitcoin so that i would be rich  Shocked

Details, how, with what, where?

Make sure u describe stuff u had access to at that time.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:18:34 AM

Pretty sure anyone could just mine on computers/laptops and stll make a killing with todays price even if you had to stand by with a fire hose.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:09:08 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 11:26:36 AM by Lorenzo

I would buy more Bitcoin as much as possible. In that case, I would sell all of my property.  Tongue

Yup. That's True. I would have done the same. Would buy maximum number of bitcoins and just forget about it for the time being and wait for the best time to come. And once the prices are at peak would sell all my bitcoins and enjoy the profit and again wait for the right time to invest.

You guys would have been much better off mining since it wasn't even possible to actually buy bitcoins in 2009. Any PC would have been fine for mining back then. Even an old Pentium 4 would have generated you thousands of bitcoins since the difficulty barely moved beyond 1 throughout the entire year. The first Bitcoin exchange didn't open until early 2010 and even then, it was just a single guy mining with his home PC and doing trades over email. Mt. Gox didn't start operating until July 2010.

Pretty sure anyone could just mine on computers/laptops and stll make a killing with todays price even if you had to stand by with a fire hose.

Yup. This thread provides a pretty interesting insight into how different things were back then:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99265
ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:04:32 PM

I would just collect, buy, and mine all the bitcoins. Then wait for a couple years *Boom* instant millionaire.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:31:15 PM

hm..I would order some pizza and play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands instead of mining. I know myself:(
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: